What's So Great about a Lexi Con?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2005
      Hi All,

      This is a take-off on the July 2005 "Tips for ECK Study," and
      Klemp's promotion of the book.

      Here's a word Eckists can look up... "Gnothe Seauton"

      Quote from: "The Path of the Masters" by Julian P. Johnson first
      published 1939, my copy 1977, page 5, "Man's First Duty--To Know
      Himself."

      "It was, therefore, extremely appropriate that the ancient sages
      pointed out man's first and primary duty. The Greek philosophers
      said, in substance: 'Worship the gods, if you must; but your first
      duty is to find out who and what you are yourself'. So they wrote
      over the doors on their temples--'Gnothe Seauton'--Know Thyself.

      [Notice that this is written "over the doors on their temples"]

      Quote from: "Eckankar Dictionary" by Paul Twitchell, 1973 Copyright,
      my copy 1986, page 54.

      Gnothe Seauton- guh-noh'-theh seh-ah-oo'-tawn "Know thyself!"--
      written over the doors of ancient temples; man's first duty is to
      know himself.

      [Notice also that Twitchell states to "know himself" just like in
      the title section from "The Path of the Masters"]

      Quote from: A Cosmic Sea of Words, The Eckankar Lexicon by Harold
      Klemp, 1998 copyright, page 80.

      Gnothe Seauton.- NOH-theh seh-ah-OO-tahn "Know thyself"; this is
      written over the doors of ancient temples, that man's first duty is
      to know himself.

      [Well, at least HK corrected the pronunciation but it seems he
      plagarized the rest from Twitchell who stole from The Path of the
      Masters and Mr.Johnson!]

      You'd think Klemp would know better than to promote his Lexi-Con
      which has a lot of questionable material! I encourage all Eckists to
      read this book from cover to cover! The problem is that if you see
      something that Is questionable... who do you ask for clarification?
      Not Klemp or the ESC or even your RESA! Actually, only Klemp can
      attempt to explain these daffynitions or else one would be second
      guessing the Mahanta! And no Eckist wants to do that... do they?

      Prometheus
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 6, 2005
        Hello Prometheus,

        I love the Lexi Con! ;-))

        > Here's a word Eckists can look up... "Gnothe Seauton"
        >
        > Quote from: "The Path of the Masters" by Julian P. Johnson first
        > published 1939, my copy 1977, page 5, "Man's First Duty--To Know
        > Himself."
        >
        > "It was, therefore, extremely appropriate that the ancient sages
        > pointed out man's first and primary duty. The Greek philosophers
        > said, in substance: 'Worship the gods, if you must; but your first
        > duty is to find out who and what you are yourself'. So they wrote
        > over the doors on their temples--'Gnothe Seauton'--Know Thyself.
        >
        > [Notice that this is written "over the doors on their temples"]

        This is very interesting and sheds a lot of light on the gods and
        the masters ...

        > Quote from: "Eckankar Dictionary" by Paul Twitchell, 1973
        Copyright,
        > my copy 1986, page 54.
        >
        > Gnothe Seauton- guh-noh'-theh seh-ah-oo'-tawn "Know thyself!"--
        > written over the doors of ancient temples; man's first duty is to
        > know himself.
        >
        > [Notice also that Twitchell states to "know himself" just like in
        > the title section from "The Path of the Masters"]
        >
        > Quote from: A Cosmic Sea of Words, The Eckankar Lexicon by Harold
        > Klemp, 1998 copyright, page 80.
        >
        > Gnothe Seauton.- NOH-theh seh-ah-OO-tahn "Know thyself"; this is
        > written over the doors of ancient temples, that man's first duty
        is
        > to know himself.
        >

        > [Well, at least HK corrected the pronunciation but it seems he
        > plagarized the rest from Twitchell who stole from The Path of the
        > Masters and Mr.Johnson!]

        But he didn't steal it completely - if he had, then his crap
        wouldn't have worked! So he had to drop the beginning of the
        quote "worship the gods, if you must", etc. That's what always
        amazed me in Eckankar - that people took the second step before the
        first - many don't even know that they are angry or have all the
        rest of the 5 passions. And, it's different to KNOW that you have
        them, or if you TALK about them. In Eckankar, there was a lot of
        talk - theoretically, Eckists had to say something about everything.
        But when it came to action, this was quite another story. But, it
        doesn't matter, because it's "holy ground wherever an Eckist sets
        his foot", as is written in the Shariyat. Why bother with the 5
        passions any more, then?

        > You'd think Klemp would know better than to promote his Lexi-Con
        > which has a lot of questionable material! I encourage all Eckists
        > read this book from cover to cover! The problem is that if you see
        > something that Is questionable... who do you ask for
        clarification?

        A guess: You go look for critical sites as this one or
        Eckankartruth, and ask your questions anonymously... ? :-)

        > Not Klemp or the ESC or even your RESA! Actually, only Klemp can
        > attempt to explain these daffynitions or else one would be second
        > guessing the Mahanta! And no Eckist wants to do that... do they?

        No, because then they would have stepped into a Kal trap, just as
        Graham did, and from that moment on, you can forget all the
        compassion Eckists constantly talk of ...

        Ingrid
      • Gnothe Seauton
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2005
          Hi Ingrid,

          Actually, I think that Twitchell did steal it completely, and that's why his scam/crap did work so well! The thing that he needed to fictionalize was his credentials; i.e. inner experiences, inner initiations, and the hierarchy and lineage of "Eck" masters!

          Of course, how much of that from these other religions that Twitch stole from was "real" and not fictionalized and distorted as well!

          I'm also certain that Twitch and Gross had much more fun with their exhalted positions than is the reclusive Klemp.

          Prometheus

          ctecvie <ctecvie@...> wrote:

          Hello Prometheus,

          I love the Lexi Con! ;-))

          > Here's a word Eckists can look up... "Gnothe Seauton"

          > Quote from: "The Path of the Masters" by Julian P. Johnson first published 1939, my copy 1977, page 5, "Man's First Duty--To Know Himself

          But he didn't steal it completely - if he had, then his crap
          wouldn't have worked! So he had to drop the beginning of the
          quote "worship the gods, if you must", etc. That's what always amazed me in Eckankar - that people took the second step before the first - many don't even know that they are angry or have all the rest of the 5 passions. And, it's different to KNOW that you have them, or if you TALK about them. In Eckankar, there was a lot of talk - theoretically, Eckists had to say something about everything. But when it came to action, this was quite another story. But, it
          doesn't matter, because it's "holy ground wherever an Eckist sets his foot", as is written in the Shariyat. Why bother with the 5 passions any more, then?

          Ingrid

          Do you Yahoo!?