Re: Klemp Distorts ......

    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 5, 2005
      Hi Ingrid,
      Thanks for the correct spelling on John-Roger Hinkins!

      <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Prometheus,

      >>***Yes, it does stink! But, let's also not forget John Rogers
      Hinkle (sic?).

      > John Roger Hinkins, Prometheus! :-)

      >>*** Old JR started his scam before DG became LEM so maybe he's
      the real 972nd LEM and therefore DG was the 973rd, which makes Klump
      the 974th and Mikey the 975th Living Eck-in-Crap Master (LEM)! Or,
      is GF the 975th and Mikey the 976th?

      > Don't, Prometheus! My head starts spinning ... :-) I'm really
      trying to follow who is what, and in which order! Seems too much for
      me!

      *****Yes, it could really become confusing if any of it was true!
      But it snot! LOL!

      >>*** p.s. To those Eckies out there... It's not that we are angry
      about being lied to for years upon years... okay, maybe it is! At
      least we are allowed to be angry and to feel emotion without the
      guilt of being "Astral!" There is no shame after Eck-in-Crap... only
      freedom without the fear of retaliation!

      > After years of suppressing those "negative" feelings it's good to
      vent from time to time - but, dear Eckies, this is only a part of
      our new life - mostly we're out enjoying life as it is, and enjoying
      the love and protection that are always there as well.

      *****Yes, I have a friend (a former ESA) who read Ford's book after
      I had told her of it. She left Eckankar and then had a plane flight
      where smoke came into the plane's cabin! She did not chant HU or
      anything like that. She just knew that she would be okay, and she
      was! Her plane was not even late or diverted to another airport.
      This must have been quite the test for her to prove to herself that
      she was/is her own Master and that she is protected by SPIRIT (not
      Eck).

      >>*** Let's face it... all of you have to watch what you say... can
      you talk about Ford, or what is mentioned on these sites by former
      Eckists... of course Not! Why? Because you can lose that next
      initiation or position or even be put back to a 1st like Graham!

      > Yes there's a lot to watch ... I did it myself, without even
      noticing it! I have found out that I was, in fact, worried about my
      those HIs ...

      *****I was in awe at first as well! Eventually I caught on. I
      observed behavior and realized that time as a continued member
      counted most, but that who you knew and agreed with counted more for
      that 5th, 6th and 7th! 8th and 9th inititiations are out of the
      question for most Eckists! And, (in Eckankar) there are no inner
      ones without the outer confirmation! In Reality there are No
      Initiations!

      Prometheus
    • Freefrom
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
        Hi Mish,

        I couldn't have said it better myself! Really good post. Would you
        mind if I reposted it in my Yahoo group, "X-Eckankar: The chains of
        Eck". This group is much more active than mine. I have a lot of
        lerkers I think, but I believe it is important to have several anti
        eckancrap groups around, even if they have a slightly different focus
        or slant. Thanks for the post, very well put. (Prometheus too)

        Freefrom

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
          Hi, Freefrom!

          Sure you may post my message on your site. I do venture over there
          once in a while myself, so I guess I am a lurker! : ) I agree it is
          good to have several "anti eckancrap groups around!" Glad you
          participate here too!

          Mish

          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom"

          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
            Hi Mish,

            Yes, one's own spiritual learning and understanding transcends
            Eckankar! Sometimes I think that Eckankar helped me to have a better
            understanding of other Eastern spiritual knowledge, but I also
            realize that Twitchell's creation (Eckankar) is an embellished and
            fictional scam with a distorted but Westernized version of Sant Mat,
            Radha Soami Satsang Beas, and Surat Shabd Yoga along with a some
            others thrown in for good measure. The real disservice comes not
            only with the continued lies from Klemp, but with the promotion that
            one needs a Living Master to depend upon while in a physical body
            and an "Inner" Master even longer! A true spiritual teacher should
            have a physical one-to-one relationship with the student and that
            the student will (in this lifetime) become the Master! If one cannot
            become/realize their own Mastership after "X" number of years...
            then that path or direction is a useless distraction and one needs
            to redirect (and deprogram) their life while there is still time!

            <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

            > For those of you, who still view Eckankar as a nice stepping stone
            for your spiritual unfoldment, well, that is really nonsense. Sure,
            you learned something while in there about yourself, but that would
            have happened as well without Eckankar. If you are really honest and
            can see the truth, your unfoldment was at your own hand and not
            because of those dumb teachings in Eckankar. The experiences we have
            in living are what unfolds us! When we feel and acknowledge Spirit
            working through us, especially during hard and puzzling times, we
            grow more Spiritually! No master or false teaching help in these
            matters. So, my advice is to quit defending your time in Eckankar by
            making the excuse that there are so many valuable truths and lessons
            to be found there--it's okay that you were duped, but now you're
            not, so you can express yourself otherwise--you can be angry and you
            can be honest! By doing so, rather than confusing, you will truly
            help others to escape and even avoid the Eck experience! Plus, it is
            very therapeutic, really! And fun! : )
          • christel_heine2003
            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
              that
              > one needs a Living Master to depend upon while in a physical body
              > and an "Inner" Master even longer! A true spiritual teacher should
              > have a physical one-to-one relationship with the student and that
              > the student will (in this lifetime) become the Master! If one
              cannot
              > become/realize their own Mastership after "X" number of years...
              > then that path or direction is a useless distraction and one needs
              > to redirect (and deprogram) their life while there is still time!

              o, yes, so it is. one needs a living master---- no, only a teacher.
              I talk - to the W.N. in june - that the living master hat no little
              love to show to 'the few', who leave ekankar. he shows the eckist's,
              how to see those, who left (in the W.N). I noticed, that I couldn't
              accept an inner master, but surely an outer, in his writing f.e.
              oh no, I also become the answer: in religions, there is the heart,
              but not the mind decisive. in my case, the mind would mine, to stay
              in eckankar, Hu-chant, satsang with very lovely persons - but, in my
              heart, no, it couldn't be, because, the mahanta was only an outer
              master, if at all, for me.
              but, the HI, I talked: no word, that hk point of the eckists, to
              devalue these, who go an other way. it's not possible, that all what
              I was wroting - it is not worth, to say any word to my opinion...
              and it is so depressing, that there are total blocking, no hearing to
              my open words, to awake hearing, understanding. I didn't except:
              accepting!!! but eventually reading about issues together.
              what are this writing here? I think, the most of eckists are not
              able, to be offen, they aren't ready, to hear other opinions, where
              ever they come from. they only answers in eck-sentences. they are not
              able, to try coming in the thougts of others, isn't so?
              oh, it is sorry for me. no discussion, when I told my leaving behind
              eckankar. the same we could learn in the ddr, there, these, who
              wasn't able to agree, those are no-man!
              my experience, is it compatible to others???
              sorry, my english - but I hope, perhabs, you could understand, what
              I'm meaning.
              greetings christel

              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                Thanks,

                I went ahead and added this group to my links. Hope that's
                OK. Figured it couldn't hurt, although I did inherit the group and
                there are still some members that I don't know much about, since they
                rarely post. I can only assume that many of them are in full agreement
                with whatever I say. *gg* That's Ok, at least I have some kind of
                captive audience. I haven't announced adding this link, and if you
                would prefer your link not be added, just let me know.

                Freefrom

                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                  Hi Christel,
                  Thanks for the post. I do pretty much understand what you are saying.

                  --- In
                  EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "christel_heine2003"
                  <Christel-Heine@t...> wrote:

                  Prometheus: In Eckankar it seems that one needs a Living Master to
                  depend upon while in a physical body and an "Inner" Master even
                  longer! A true spiritual teacher should have a physical one-to-one
                  relationship with the student and that the student will (in this
                  lifetime) become the Master! If one cannot become/realize their own
                  Mastership after "X" number of years... then that path or direction
                  is a useless distraction and one needs to redirect (and deprogram)
                  their life while there is still time!

                  > o, yes, so it is. one needs a living master---- no, only a teacher.
                  I talk - to the W.N. in june - that the living master hat no little
                  love to show to 'the few', who leave ekankar. he shows the eckist's,
                  how to see those, who left (in the W.N).

                  ***I'm not sure what the W.N. is that you mentioned? Yes, there can
                  be many "teachers" in our lives but the one true Master is us! And
                  yes HK does not show much love to those Eckists who left and to
                  those who have insights and inner experiences, or dreams that
                  contradict the Eck dogma and his authority.

                  >I noticed, that I couldn't accept an inner master, but surely an
                  outer, in his writing f.e. oh no, I also become the answer: in
                  religions, there is the heart, but not the mind decisive. in my
                  case, the mind would mine, to stay in eckankar, Hu-chant, satsang
                  with very lovely persons - but, in my heart, no, it couldn't be,
                  because, the mahanta was only an outer master, if at all, for me.
                  but, the HI, I talked: no word, that hk point of the eckists, to
                  devalue these, who go an other way. it's not possible, that all what
                  I was wroting - it is not worth, to say any word to my opinion...
                  and it is so depressing, that there are total blocking, no hearing
                  to my open words, to awake hearing, understanding.

                  ***Some Eckists have trouble accepting the inner master and others
                  have trouble accepting the outer master. An Eckist has to perform a
                  really good self-brainwashing to believe both! Yes, one must use
                  both the mind and the heart to determine truth. Yes, many H.I.s do
                  not truly listen, just like Klemp, and many are ESAs who are
                  supposed to be listeners! But, that's just one more distortion of
                  many. "Do as I say not as I do" seems to be the motto of Klemp and
                  company.

                  >I didn't except: accepting!!! but eventually reading about issues
                  together. what are this writing here? I think, the most of eckists
                  are not able, to be offen, they aren't ready, to hear other
                  opinions, where ever they come from. they only answers in eck-
                  sentences. they are not able, to try coming in the thougts of
                  others, isn't so? oh, it is sorry for me. no discussion, when I told
                  my leaving behind eckankar. the same we could learn in the ddr,
                  there, these, who wasn't able to agree, those are no-man! my
                  experience, is it compatible to others??? sorry, my english - but I
                  hope, perhabs, you could understand, what I'm meaning.
                  > greetings christel

                  ***Yes, Eckists do not want to hear other opinions, answer
                  questions, or listen in general! They think and assume that
                  their "truth" is the highest and most valuable. To believe as they
                  do they need to close their minds to other possibilities or there
                  would be too many questions to answer and doubt would creep in.
                  Therefore, only the discussion of Eck dogma (using Eck jargon) is
                  acceptable in most conservations. Perhaps it is best for some people
                  (it would seem) to live in ignorance and delusion if that is what
                  makes them happy. And, isn't happiness or contentment the true
                  overall goal of humanity! Anyway, it is too bad that Eckists think
                  that they are the only ones who can have valid spiritual
                  experiences. To discount the non-Eck experiences of others shows not
                  only their own inexperience, but also their small minds and hearts!

                  Prometheus
                • ctecvie
                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                    Hello Christel,

                    > o, yes, so it is. one needs a living master---- no, only a teacher.

                    It's true that one needs only a teacher, and only if we wish to have
                    one! It's our decision.

                    > I talk - to the W.N. in june - that the living master hat no
                    little
                    > love to show to 'the few', who leave ekankar. he shows the
                    eckist's,
                    > how to see those, who left (in the W.N). I noticed, that I
                    couldn't
                    > accept an inner master, but surely an outer, in his writing f.e.
                    > oh no, I also become the answer: in religions, there is the
                    heart,
                    > but not the mind decisive.

                    Such a typical answer in Eckankar - if you question writings, such
                    as the last wisdom notes in your case, then the answer is pretty
                    often "you are in the mind, you need to go within to find the answer
                    for you". 'Mind' has become a real 'no-no' word in Eckankar.

                    > in my case, the mind would mine, to stay
                    > in eckankar, Hu-chant, satsang with very lovely persons - but, in
                    my
                    > heart, no, it couldn't be, because, the mahanta was only an outer
                    > master, if at all, for me.

                    Well, it's pretty obvious that your heart is right here. It's true
                    that sometimes it's hard to give up the group, the people we have
                    come to like over the years. But that's, as you point out (I believe
                    I have understood correctly), only the mind. The heart says
                    something entirely different!

                    > but, the HI, I talked: no word, that hk point of the eckists, to
                    > devalue these, who go an other way. it's not possible, that all
                    what
                    > I was wroting - it is not worth, to say any word to my opinion...
                    > and it is so depressing, that there are total blocking, no hearing
                    > my open words, to awake hearing, understanding. I didn't except:
                    > accepting!!! but eventually reading about issues together.

                    Yes, it's difficult for them to accept that there's another "truth"
                    out there than theirs. So, it's often easier to devaluate the
                    messenger (you in that case) than to admit that something's not
                    quite right with the teachings and, especially, with the master.
                    Discussion is not possible because this would be of the kal.

                    > what are this writing here? I think, the most of eckists are not
                    > able, to be offen, they aren't ready, to hear other opinions,
                    where
                    > ever they come from. they only answers in eck-sentences. they are
                    not
                    > able, to try coming in the thougts of others, isn't so?
                    > oh, it is sorry for me. no discussion, when I told my leaving
                    behind
                    > eckankar.

                    Yes, that's a pity indeed. I think all we can do with those who
                    can't accept us as we are - accept them as they are. I know that
                    this is easier said than done. I have learned quite a lot about this
                    during the last year. Soon, it will be a year that I left! Hooray! :-
                    ))

                    > the same we could learn in the ddr, there, these, who
                    > wasn't able to agree, those are no-man!

                    I have found out that it's pretty much the same mechanism in
                    oppressing countries like the German Democratic Republic - you can't
                    speak your mind, and if you do, this has serious consequences.
                    Fortunately, Eckankar isn't quite like that - but you get devaluated
                    for sure, and opinions of ex-members or members with serious doubts
                    don't count at all.

                    > my experience, is it compatible to others???

                    Oh, yes!!! For sure!! I have seen pretty much the same thing, and I
                    didn't really dare to ask too many questions. Fortunately, I could
                    discuss those issues with my husband, so I wasn't all alone.

                    > sorry, my english - but I hope, perhabs, you could understand,
                    what
                    > I'm meaning.

                    I think you made yourself quite clear! If there's something you feel
                    I didn't understand correctly, just tell me. I'm happy you posted!

                    Ingrid
                  • ctecvie
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                      Hello Freefrom,

                      Good that you post here, too! I agree with you and Mish - it's good to
                      have several groups about Eckankar here, with a slightly different
                      slant. I visit your group from time to time as well - so I'm a lurker,
                      too!

                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                        Hi Freefrom,

                        Yes, it is nice being "free from the chains of Eck." I saw that Mish
                        put the link up (here) to your Yahoo Group site of X-Eckankar at...
                        good to have another anti-Eckankar site in order to have more forums
                        for discussion, and to share information and experiences.

                        Perhaps all of us can help Eckists find the courage of heart and
                        Soul as well as the clarity of mind to leave Eckankar. And, also
                        prevent those looking at Eckankar as a spiritual path from joining,
                        and to help in the healing process by giving support to former
                        Eckists.

                        Knowing thy Self and the reasons why we joined Eckankar and then
                        stayed in for as long as we did (when all of the signs were there
                        telling us something was wrong!) is an interesting area to explore.
                        It mostly seemed to make sense at the time and the rest we just
                        accepted on faith. The "paradox" excuse helps one to overlook
                        Klemp's shortcomings too! Some Eckists have never had "inner"
                        experiences, and many had these prior to, during, and after
                        Eckankar! This proves that the Eckincrap-Mahanta induced-experience
                        is misidentified.

                        On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and other
                        cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                        erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                        these people are even "former" Eckists! You'd think that being in
                        Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                        and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                        deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                        welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing! But, just
                        look at how many of these cults and religions (sects too) are out
                        there! They either feed on people's fears or offer food for their
                        egos or both it would seem!

                        Thanks for posting the link to this site (ESA) onto your site of X-
                        Eckankar.

                        Prometheus

                        <eckchains@y...> wrote:

                        > Thanks, I went ahead and added this group to my links. Hope that's
                        OK. Figured it couldn't hurt, although I did inherit the group and
                        there are still some members that I don't know much about, since they
                        rarely post. I can only assume that many of them are in full
                        agreement with whatever I say. *gg* That's Ok, at least I have some
                        kind of captive audience. I haven't announced adding this link, and
                        if you would prefer your link not be added, just let me know.

                        > Freefrom
                      • Freefrom
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                          Prometheus wrote...

                          On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and other
                          cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                          erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                          these people are even "former" Eckists! You'd think that being in
                          Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                          and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                          deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                          welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing! But, just
                          look at how many of these cults and religions (sects too) are out
                          there! They either feed on people's fears or offer food for their
                          egos or both it would seem!

                          Freefrom:
                          *I agree whole heartedly, but I will have to admit that I find myself
                          at times being drawn back into similar cultic and religious beliefs
                          before I finally do a reality check and realize I'm going down that
                          path away from my own common sense. I think a lot of it has to do with
                          family members and "friends" still being involved with eckankrap. It
                          is a little bit like an addiction and that magical thinking from
                          childhood. Experiences of mine have shown me that there is some truth
                          to spirituality and psychic stuff that does happen, IMO. The problem
                          is when you attribute it all to One org like eeck! (g)

                          I have often thought that it may be closer to the truth that God is an
                          "Athiest" or a "non believer", in that it does not matter so much what
                          the dogma is. As far as ego goes, it has occured to me that as ego
                          expands in a good way to be all inclusive, it may not disappear
                          exactly, but my experience becomes more flexible, lighter and
                          adaptable. Just my take on things. I also notice that the dogma, such
                          as eck becomes more transparent and loses it's influence. It is just
                          another belief system after all. IMO Truth does not need defending or
                          to be forced.*

                          Good Fortune

                          FreeFrom
                        • ctecvie
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                            --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom" >

                            > *I agree whole heartedly, but I will have to admit that I find
                            myself
                            > at times being drawn back into similar cultic and religious beliefs
                            > before I finally do a reality check and realize I'm going down that
                            > path away from my own common sense.

                            This happens to me as well. I think it's not so much about getting
                            completely rid of this pattern (even if it's great when that happens)
                            but to be alert and notice when we are starting to go down that path
                            again as you say.

                            > Experiences of mine have shown me that there is some truth
                            > to spirituality and psychic stuff that does happen, IMO. The problem
                            > is when you attribute it all to One org like eeck! (g)

                            Exactly.

                            > I have often thought that it may be closer to the truth that God is
                            > an
                            > "Athiest" or a "non believer", in that it does not matter so much
                            >what
                            > the dogma is. As far as ego goes, it has occured to me that as ego
                            > expands in a good way to be all inclusive, it may not disappear
                            > exactly, but my experience becomes more flexible, lighter and
                            > adaptable.

                            Well said! I have noticed that since being out of Eckankar, I have
                            become more flexible in my thinking as well. Except, of course, that
                            I have come to have a rather rigid opinion of the teaching itself! :-
                            ) But as far as the people go, those who are still with Eckankar, I
                            have come to a better understanding as well. I can see them as
                            seekers who need the experience - just as I needed the experience as
                            well, at the time. Of course if discussions start, they still can get
                            fairly heated! :-)

                            > Just my take on things. I also notice that the dogma, such
                            > as eck becomes more transparent and loses it's influence. It is just
                            > another belief system after all. IMO Truth does not need defending
                            > or
                            > to be forced.

                            Truth doesn't need a belief system. The more we become aware that
                            Eckankar is just another belief system the better and lighter it
                            gets, in my experience.

                            Ingrid
                          • ctecvie
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                              Hello Prometheus,

                              <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                              > Perhaps all of us can help Eckists find the courage of heart and
                              > Soul as well as the clarity of mind to leave Eckankar. And, also
                              > prevent those looking at Eckankar as a spiritual path from joining,
                              > and to help in the healing process by giving support to former
                              > Eckists.

                              I have made some great experiences in this field during the last
                              year. I met those who wouldn't budge no matter which facts I
                              presented them. Naive as I was after having left, I thought that
                              anyone facing the facts would see what I was seeing and just leave -
                              but no! I was amazed at the reactions, and angry as well. Now I can
                              take that much better than before and just let them be where they are.

                              And I have met people who had already questions & doubts, and after
                              discussing them in our newsgroup, they just left without blinking an
                              eye. Those were the great experiences.

                              > Knowing thy Self and the reasons why we joined Eckankar and then
                              > stayed in for as long as we did (when all of the signs were there
                              > telling us something was wrong!) is an interesting area to explore.

                              It is, indeed! And it's fascinating to look back and see when the
                              doubts started and for how long I still lasted before leaving.

                              > It mostly seemed to make sense at the time and the rest we just
                              > accepted on faith. The "paradox" excuse helps one to overlook
                              > Klemp's shortcomings too! Some Eckists have never had "inner"
                              > experiences, and many had these prior to, during, and after
                              > Eckankar! This proves that the Eckincrap-Mahanta induced-experience
                              > is misidentified.

                              Eckankar did and does a good job in misleading the seekers. Once we
                              start to believe, it seems we can be told anything for a certain
                              amount of time! I didn't have inner experiences either - well, at the
                              beginning I did have some. But then, they faded more and more. I have
                              always been more the type to be guided by inner knowing. This was so
                              before and after Eckankar, and also while I was a member. I wake up
                              in the morning and know what needs to be done and which decision I
                              need to take.

                              > On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and
                              >other
                              > cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                              > erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                              > these people are even "former" Eckists!

                              I think that this is a pattern that sunk in deeply. Many Eckists are
                              that way - it's in the teachings.

                              > You'd think that being in
                              > Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                              > and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                              > deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                              > welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing!

                              Amazing indeed. But Eckankar does not teach those things. Just don't
                              question and accept everything an authority tells you! The longer you
                              were in Eckankar, the more this principle could do its damage, and so
                              it's not a real surprise for me that some of those who left don't
                              have any discriminations and lack a lot of common sense! Quite
                              natural when you think how we all were brainwashed!

                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                Hi Freefrom,

                                I enjoyed your response. We seem to think and sound much alike.
                                Sometimes, I think that semantics just points out our uniqueness and
                                individual experiences as we sort it all out for deeper insights
                                into the big WHY?

                                <eckchains@y...> wrote:
                                > Prometheus wrote...
                                On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and other
                                cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                                erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                                these people are even "former" Eckists! You'd think that being in
                                Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                                and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                                deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                                welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing! But, just
                                look at how many of these cults and religions (sects too) are out
                                there! They either feed on people's fears or offer food for their
                                egos or both it would seem!

                                > Freefrom:
                                I agree whole heartedly, but I will have to admit that I find myself
                                at times being drawn back into similar cultic and religious beliefs
                                before I finally do a reality check and realize I'm going down that
                                path away from my own common sense. I think a lot of it has to do
                                with family members and "friends" still being involved with
                                eckankrap. It is a little bit like an addiction and that magical
                                thinking from childhood. Experiences of mine have shown me that
                                there is some truth to spirituality and psychic stuff that does
                                happen, IMO. The problem is when you attribute it all to One org
                                like eeck! (g)

                                ***Yes, it is only natural that one replaces one habit with another
                                or one religion with another. There is a void that needs to be
                                filled. However, with time, Soul fills that void with a greater
                                knowledge of Its own idenity and purpose (happiness/contentment?).
                                One needs to have time to get to know OneSelf when a relationship
                                has ended. There needs to be time for healing and re-evaluation and
                                contemplation... one needs to "chill" for awhile. New and greater
                                experiences await those who are free of the dogma and prejudical
                                beliefs that were mapped out and programed into us for those self-
                                fulling expectations. And, yes there is some truth to the spiritual
                                and psychic stuff that we and others experience, but only some of it
                                is Truth for the individual while only some of it is Truth for us
                                all! No one path or religion has Truth! Actually, if one would take
                                everything written by everyone they would still not find Truth! This
                                may sound like a given, but look at how many people hang onto the
                                words of those they see as "experts" or "Masters!"

                                > I have often thought that it may be closer to the truth that God
                                is an "Athiest" or a "non believer", in that it does not matter so
                                much what the dogma is. As far as ego goes, it has occured to me
                                that as ego expands in a good way to be all inclusive, it may not
                                disappear exactly, but my experience becomes more flexible, lighter
                                and adaptable. Just my take on things. I also notice that the dogma,
                                such as eck becomes more transparent and loses it's influence. It is
                                just another belief system after all. IMO Truth does not need
                                defending or to be forced.*

                                ***Yes, "God" (IMO) IS! Therefore, how can a total awareness of all
                                that IS lower that awareness to belief and especially to limited or
                                inaccurate beliefs? I'm certain, however, that "God" understands our
                                little escapades (but we don't!) since it all eventually leads to an
                                awareness of the innate cause for why we search for happiness. It is
                                a longing (Soul has) to return to the absolute reality of Being
                                (ISNESS)! Religions, cults and other scams are distractions that
                                pacify and take (trap) our minds (and egos) into "safe" and "secure"
                                little boxes. The (a) reality is that life is more fragile than we
                                can handle, and thus the need for the ego to protect with
                                distractions and delusions!

                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                  Hi Ingrid,

                                  I thought I'd make a few more comments to what you have replied.

                                  Ingrid wrote:
                                  > I have made some great experiences in this field during the last
                                  year. I met those who wouldn't budge no matter which facts I
                                  presented them. Naive as I was after having left, I thought that
                                  anyone facing the facts would see what I was seeing and just leave -
                                  but no! I was amazed at the reactions, and angry as well. Now I can
                                  take that much better than before and just let them be where they
                                  are.

                                  ***Yes, I know Eckists who have even read Confessions of a God
                                  Seeker by Ford Johnson, and still remain as members! Actually, many
                                  of those Eckists did Not really "read" the book... they just did a
                                  Twitchell like skim! They were too afraid to do a slow read and
                                  contemplate on the information. This is what also makes them angry.
                                  They are afraid that former Eckists are right! None of them want to
                                  return to square one! Eckists are too comfortable in their delusions
                                  and want to remain in their own private little Sound Proof Dark
                                  Room. As above (with Klemp) so below (with the rank and file)!

                                  > And I have met people who had already questions & doubts, and
                                  after discussing them in our newsgroup, they just left without
                                  blinking an eye. Those were the great experiences.

                                  ***It was more difficult for me to leave. At first, I didn't want to
                                  believe what was in front of me, but I really had no choice if I
                                  wanted to remain true to myself! That has always been an important
                                  factor in being a truth seeker... and truth is so very elusive!
                                  However, lucky for me that I have usually recognized an inner
                                  guidance when It has presented Itself to me when making crucial
                                  decisions. Strange, though, that Spirit guided me to Eckankar in the
                                  first place. I guess I needed the "eckperience" in order to learn
                                  the difference between truth and deception, and to meet certain
                                  individuals for karmic reasons as well... or not!

                                  > It is, indeed! And it's fascinating to look back and see when the
                                  doubts started and for how long I still lasted before leaving.

                                  ***My doubts started long ago, but I always rationalized by thinking
                                  that I didn't know as much as the H.I.s, and that eventually I would
                                  have a break through in higher awareness. It was the "just Be"
                                  concept and those like it that always gave me hope. Of course those
                                  Higher Initiations were awfully enticing too! They really impressed
                                  me for quite awhile. However, the more that I watched and listened
                                  to these "leaders" the more that I noticed strange behavior. I even
                                  heard the same words and jargon repeated over and over, but saw no
                                  true substance behind the facade and attempts at real caring or
                                  friendliness. Of course, there were always exceptions to the rule
                                  and this gave me hope. But, it also pointed out that the initiations
                                  were not earned though higher consciousness. And, acting "as if" you
                                  are what you imagine yourself to be is a key step (delusion) to
                                  becoming a loyal chela, and with time as a paid and always current
                                  member... to those higher initiations. <LOL>

                                  > Eckankar did and does a good job in misleading the seekers. Once
                                  we start to believe, it seems we can be told anything for a certain
                                  amount of time! I didn't have inner experiences either - well, at
                                  the beginning I did have some. But then, they faded more and more. I
                                  have always been more the type to be guided by inner knowing. This
                                  was so before and after Eckankar, and also while I was a member. I
                                  wake up in the morning and know what needs to be done and which
                                  decision I need to take.

                                  ***I usually had the spectacular "inner" experiences, but I did also
                                  have the ones of "knowingness" too! Some of my wilder experiences
                                  were before I joined Eckankar, but I have had even
                                  more "interesting" experiences since leaving Eckankar! I had a
                                  friend that only had experiences of knowingness, and I sometimes
                                  envied her. However, since she is still in Eckankar and is even
                                  afraid to read "Confessions" (too Kal for the Mahanta to protect
                                  her?) I now see that her "knowingness" is limited by her fears!

                                  > I think that this is a pattern that sunk in deeply. Many Eckists
                                  are that way - it's in the teachings.

                                  ***Eckists are members of a private club! They feel privileged
                                  (vain) that they have all of that loving guidance and protection and
                                  that they are so advanced spiritually! <so sad> Once an Eckist buys
                                  into this crap for 25-35 years one doesn't want to know the truth!
                                  The truth about Eckankar is a hinderance for obtaining those higher
                                  initiations, local and state positions, and speaking engagements at
                                  regional and major seminars! This is because some Eckists just like
                                  being the center of attention! And, why throw all that away along
                                  with all of those years of service, and initiations for the sake of
                                  truth? I was going to mention the donations of money, but much of
                                  that was tax deductible anyway!

                                  > Amazing indeed. But Eckankar does not teach those things. Just
                                  don't question and accept everything an authority tells you! The
                                  longer you were in Eckankar, the more this principle could do its
                                  damage, and so it's not a real surprise for me that some of those
                                  who left don't have any discriminations and lack a lot of common
                                  sense! Quite natural when you think how we all were brainwashed!

                                  ***Yes, some of these people were into other weird things as
                                  Eckists! I heard an Eckist talk of using Rune stones, in a Rountable
                                  Discussion, and was surprised that she wasn't asked to explain how
                                  that fit in with the Eckankar teachings. I wouldn't, as an ESA, have
                                  let that information go by so passively. So, as you can see, I was a
                                  good soldier who followed guidelines and was brain-washed to know
                                  the Mahanta's mission. But, it was tough being in the field of
                                  action. I even wrote to Klemp, many years ago, telling him of the
                                  need for more guidelines and leadership trainings. I was amazed to
                                  finally see the H.I. Leadership book come out in 2001. It only took
                                  Klump 20 years to write the first complete book! The even funnier
                                  thing is that many Eckists are both stubborn and individualistic,
                                  and don't follow or believe in guidelines!

                                  Prometheus
                                • ctecvie
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                                    Hello Prometheus,

                                    <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                                    > ***Yes, I know Eckists who have even read Confessions of a God
                                    > Seeker by Ford Johnson, and still remain as members! Actually, many
                                    > of those Eckists did Not really "read" the book... they just did a
                                    > Twitchell like skim!

                                    The character assessment I heard about Ford Johnson was always the
                                    same: "He wanted more ... he had this big ego ... Well, I didn't like
                                    him anyway ... He was angry ..." yada yada yada. I just wonder why he
                                    was good enough to be used as a speaker at many international
                                    seminars during such a long time ...?? And why nobody spoke up if it
                                    was true what Eckists keep saying about him? I guess people were
                                    blinded by his "high status"!

                                    > ***It was more difficult for me to leave.

                                    Understandable! It's quite a shock at first! But, as you say, if you
                                    want to remain true to yourself, then you have to make a decision.
                                    There are many Eckists who develop cancer or other severe diseases,
                                    which, in my opinion, shouldn't be the case if it really was "the one
                                    and only true way"! Of course this is because the master himself has
                                    a severe disease (physically and mentally)and his followers just copy
                                    him because they think that makes them more like him (which it does,
                                    by the way, but not as they think! :-) ).

                                    But I strongly suspect that there is another reason as well: they
                                    don't remain true to themselves. I think that one of the reasons why
                                    diseases develop is by not being authentic and true to ourselves any
                                    more. Eckists who know that by remaining in Eckankar, they are going
                                    in the wrong direction but do nothing about it, are prone to such
                                    things in my opinion.

                                    > Strange, though, that Spirit guided me to Eckankar in the
                                    > first place. I guess I needed the "eckperience" in order to learn
                                    > the difference between truth and deception, and to meet certain
                                    > individuals for karmic reasons as well... or not!

                                    We have become a lot wiser since for sure!

                                    > ***My doubts started long ago, but I always rationalized by
                                    >thinking
                                    > that I didn't know as much as the H.I.s, and that eventually I
                                    >would
                                    > have a break through in higher awareness.

                                    Sounds VERY familiar to me! :-) I was the same way!

                                    > It was the "just Be"
                                    > concept and those like it that always gave me hope. Of course those
                                    > Higher Initiations were awfully enticing too! They really impressed
                                    > me for quite awhile.

                                    When my husband became HI, he kept telling me that there was nothing
                                    new - just more rules and guidelines! He was thinking that by being
                                    an HI, one should have realized a lot of principles within oneself,
                                    so that there was no need for so many outer rules any more!

                                    > However, the more that I watched and listened
                                    > to these "leaders" the more that I noticed strange behavior. I even
                                    > heard the same words and jargon repeated over and over, but saw no
                                    > true substance behind the facade and attempts at real caring or
                                    > friendliness. Of course, there were always exceptions to the rule
                                    > and this gave me hope.

                                    Me, too! But I think it's just that there are some great people out
                                    there - so there must be some in Eckankar, too!

                                    > Some of my wilder experiences
                                    > were before I joined Eckankar, but I have had even
                                    > more "interesting" experiences since leaving Eckankar!

                                    Yes, exactly!

                                    > I had a
                                    > friend that only had experiences of knowingness, and I sometimes
                                    > envied her. However, since she is still in Eckankar and is even
                                    > afraid to read "Confessions" (too Kal for the Mahanta to protect
                                    > her?) I now see that her "knowingness" is limited by her fears!

                                    That is true - of what use is knowingness if you don't know to expand
                                    it accordingly and ask yourself the "right" questions?!

                                    > And, why throw all that away along
                                    > with all of those years of service, and initiations for the sake of
                                    > truth?

                                    I know a great guy, an HI which I appreciated (and still appreciate,
                                    in spite of everything) who told me in earnest that the difference
                                    between Eckankar and Christianity was that Eckists all are standing
                                    in line to become the next mahanta and LEM! I could not believe it! I
                                    asked him if he knew how many years each Eckist would have to wait
                                    for that, and that spiritual development for each of us was much
                                    faster than that! He stopped writing me after that one. :-))

                                    > ***Yes, some of these people were into other weird things as
                                    > Eckists! I heard an Eckist talk of using Rune stones, in a
                                    >rountable
                                    > Discussion

                                    The new topic is sun gazing, and it's even promoted by former
                                    Eckists! Well, you can do that if you are interested in it, and I'm
                                    sure that there will be some results if you try hard enough, but
                                    that's not my personal favorite pastime. :-))

                                    > I even wrote to Klemp, many years ago, telling him of the
                                    > need for more guidelines and leadership trainings. I was amazed to
                                    > finally see the H.I. Leadership book come out in 2001. It only took
                                    > Klump 20 years to write the first complete book!

                                    But as far as I know that book was compiled from letters to the resas
                                    over a long time! I couldn't figure out why the heck somebody wanted
                                    to train lowly initiates by using letters to resas!! I guess he just
                                    couldn't get together a whole new book, and as we well know all of
                                    the most recent books are a rehash of things that were written before.

                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                                      Hi Ingrid,
                                      We are having some fun here aren't we! I thought I'd comment some
                                      more.

                                      Ingrid wrote:
                                      > The character assessment I heard about Ford Johnson was always the
                                      same: "He wanted more ... he had this big ego ... Well, I didn't
                                      like him anyway ... He was angry ..." yada yada yada. I just wonder
                                      why he was good enough to be used as a speaker at many international
                                      seminars during such a long time ...?? And why nobody spoke up if it
                                      was true what Eckists keep saying about him? I guess people were
                                      blinded by his "high status"!

                                      ***Yes, if Ford was so bland or egocentric or whatever the neo nay-
                                      sayers claim then why did Klemp (the Mahanta) have him front and
                                      center as an International representative for Eckankar!

                                      > > >It was more difficult for me to leave.

                                      > Understandable! It's quite a shock at first! But, as you say, if
                                      you want to remain true to yourself, then you have to make a
                                      decision. There are many Eckists who develop cancer or other severe
                                      diseases, which, in my opinion, shouldn't be the case if it really
                                      was "the one and only true way"! Of course this is because the
                                      master himself has a severe disease (physically and mentally)and his
                                      followers just copy him because they think that makes them more like
                                      him (which it does, by the way, but not as they think! :-) ).

                                      ***One other disservice Klemp does for Eckists is to put down
                                      traditional medicine. He even encouraged his one older brother to go
                                      to Mexico for Layatril (sic) treatments for cancer. HK's brother,
                                      however, was lucky in that he didn't listen to the advice of
                                      the "Prophet!"

                                      > But I strongly suspect that there is another reason as well: they
                                      don't remain true to themselves. I think that one of the reasons why
                                      diseases develop is by not being authentic and true to ourselves any
                                      more. Eckists who know that by remaining in Eckankar, they are going
                                      in the wrong direction but do nothing about it, are prone to such
                                      things in my opinion.

                                      ***Yes, and I'm sure that psycho-somatic illnesses have increased as
                                      a result of self-fulling prophecies due to the fear induced mass
                                      hypnosis of trying to be Co-Workers through the "as if" thinking
                                      that they are taking on Karma for the Mahanta!

                                      > > > Strange, though, that Spirit guided me to Eckankar in the
                                      first place. I guess I needed the "eckperience" in order to learn
                                      the difference between truth and deception, and to meet certain
                                      individuals for karmic reasons as well... or not!

                                      > We have become a lot wiser since for sure!

                                      ***And, we continue our learning through Our freedom!

                                      > > >My doubts started long ago, but I always rationalized by
                                      thinking that I didn't know as much as the H.I.s, and that
                                      eventually I would have a break through in higher awareness.

                                      > Sounds VERY familiar to me! :-) I was the same way!

                                      ***Sometimes I now look back and see how "irrational" I was! I had
                                      to talk myself into thinking I was doing the right thing at times. I
                                      was very stubborn even with mySelf!

                                      > > >It was the "just Be" concept and those like it that always gave
                                      me hope. Of course those Higher Initiations were awfully enticing
                                      too! They really impressed me for quite awhile.

                                      > When my husband became HI, he kept telling me that there was
                                      nothing new - just more rules and guidelines! He was thinking that
                                      by being an HI, one should have realized a lot of principles within
                                      oneself, so that there was no need for so many outer rules any more!

                                      ***Yes, this is true! Some of the illnesses that H.I.s have comes
                                      from the stress of being in a leadership position and the
                                      expectations of the hierarchy! More and more is expected if there
                                      are to be more initiations!

                                      > > >However, the more that I watched and listened to
                                      these "leaders" the more that I noticed strange behavior. I even
                                      heard the same words and jargon repeated over and over, but saw no
                                      true substance behind the facade and attempts at real caring or
                                      friendliness. Of course, there were always exceptions to the rule
                                      and this gave me hope.

                                      > Me, too! But I think it's just that there are some great people
                                      out there - so there must be some in Eckankar, too!

                                      ***Yes, if one is too trusting (naive) they will be fooled more
                                      easily. But, even the best of us can be conned at any given time!
                                      There are just too many scams to keep track of it would seem.

                                      > > >Some of my wilder experiences were before I joined Eckankar,
                                      but I have had even more "interesting" experiences since leaving
                                      Eckankar!

                                      > Yes, exactly!

                                      ***Spiritual experiences now just seem more real and explainable
                                      without a mahanta to second guess Me!

                                      > > >I had a friend that only had experiences of knowingness, and I
                                      sometimes envied her. However, since she is still in Eckankar and is
                                      even afraid to read "Confessions" (too Kal for the Mahanta to
                                      protect her?) I now see that her "knowingness" is limited by her
                                      fears!

                                      > That is true - of what use is knowingness if you don't know to
                                      expand it accordingly and ask yourself the "right" questions?!

                                      ***Yes, and this fear that Eckists have of Ford's book is rather
                                      strange and contradicts the dogma of Mahanta protection. Or, do they
                                      see the reading of this book in the same way as smoking or drinking
                                      is seen? However, I don't believe that reading it would be in
                                      violation of the Four Zoas!

                                      > > >And, why throw all that away along with all of those years of
                                      service, and initiations for the sake of truth?

                                      > I know a great guy, an HI which I appreciated (and still
                                      appreciate, in spite of everything) who told me in earnest that the
                                      difference between Eckankar and Christianity was that Eckists all
                                      are standing in line to become the next mahanta and LEM! I could not
                                      believe it! I asked him if he knew how many years each Eckist would
                                      have to wait for that, and that spiritual development for each of us
                                      was much faster than that! He stopped writing me after that one. :-))

                                      ***Actually, women can't become the LEM/Mahanta and it looks like
                                      only a few males can within a normal lifetime! So, in a way this is
                                      like the Catholic Church and the Pope while the Cardinals would be
                                      those (male) 7th and 8th initiates positioning themselves like the
                                      Klumpster did! I think that most Eckists are more concerned with
                                      achieving God Realization, if they can only act nutty enough!

                                      > > >Yes, some of these people were into other weird things as
                                      Eckists! I heard an Eckist talk of using Rune stones, in a rountable
                                      Discussion

                                      > The new topic is sun gazing, and it's even promoted by former
                                      Eckists! Well, you can do that if you are interested in it, and I'm
                                      sure that there will be some results if you try hard enough, but
                                      that's not my personal favorite pastime. :-))

                                      ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder if
                                      this person has tried this technique? Perhaps it would increase
                                      their brain activity and capacity to equal Twitch's... their hero!
                                      If this method is valid then those starving to death in sunny
                                      countries can be taught this technique and survive! But, it hasn't
                                      been promoted and taught there has it? That's because it's a scam
                                      and NASA states that they aren't involved with this as advertised on
                                      the scam site. So, what can I say... except that some people will
                                      never learn. Anyone who follows them is as blind as they are! And,
                                      if one does do this sun gazing they might literally become blind!
                                      Why should I believe a con-man that sun gazing is safe!

                                      > > >I even wrote to Klemp, many years ago, telling him of the
                                      need for more guidelines and leadership trainings. I was amazed to
                                      finally see the H.I. Leadership book come out in 2001. It only took
                                      Klump 20 years to write the first complete book!

                                      > But as far as I know that book was compiled from letters to the
                                      resas over a long time! I couldn't figure out why the heck somebody
                                      wanted to train lowly initiates by using letters to resas!! I guess
                                      he just couldn't get together a whole new book, and as we well know
                                      all of the most recent books are a rehash of things that were
                                      written before.

                                      ***True, much of it was from RESA talks, meetings, and letters. Yes
                                      Klemp does drag his feet and for a "prophet" he can't see the hand
                                      writing on the wall! He just wasn't getting info to the chelas in an
                                      organized "same page" like manner through his RESAs. The whole "Eck"
                                      organization is screwed up and will just get worse as more demands
                                      and controls are exerted.

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 10, 2005
                                        Sun Gazing?? What a crock! I lived and traveled in the Middle East
                                        several years ago, and became aquainted and familiar with the
                                        attitudes/beliefs of the culture and society there. First, I would
                                        say that coming up with scams, such as sun gazing, is in part sport
                                        and in part a way to sucker people. It's fun to fool people and it
                                        elevates your belief in your own superiority. If you can fool
                                        people, especially westerners--why surely you are much smarter than
                                        them and it makes you feel so good, chuckle, chuckle! Secondly, it
                                        can be quite profitable for you. Since you didn't really make a
                                        success with your engineering degree or really want to work in the
                                        family business, well, why not take money from fools. It again shows
                                        your superiority and cleaverness at conning, which really is just a
                                        sport and now has become a lifestyle! LOL!

                                        It seems, too, that some people have made a lifestyle out of being
                                        fools! Looking for truth in all the wrong places! : ) Why not just
                                        trust your inner guidance? Well, I suppose some people in their
                                        quests for enlightenment have overlooked the basics and have let
                                        their inner guidance just rather whither/fade away--or is it some
                                        people just don't possess inner guidance and that is why some people
                                        are always looking to others for answers that should be found within
                                        themselves?

                                        Ingrid said:

                                        > > The new topic is sun gazing, and it's even promoted by former
                                        > Eckists! Well, you can do that if you are interested in it, and
                                        I'm sure that there will be some results if you try hard enough, but
                                        > that's not my personal favorite pastime. :-))

                                        Prometheus replied:

                                        > ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder
                                        if this person has tried this technique? Perhaps it would increase
                                        > their brain activity and capacity to equal Twitch's... their hero!
                                        > If this method is valid then those starving to death in sunny
                                        > countries can be taught this technique and survive! But, it hasn't
                                        > been promoted and taught there has it? That's because it's a scam
                                        > and NASA states that they aren't involved with this as advertised
                                        on the scam site. So, what can I say... except that some people will
                                        > never learn. Anyone who follows them is as blind as they are! And,
                                        > if one does do this sun gazing they might literally become blind!
                                        > Why should I believe a con-man that sun gazing is safe!

                                        I wouldn't want to risk injury to my eyes attempting this! And why
                                        would anyone consider that one could survive for years on just
                                        sunlight and water? This sun gazing idea is really so silly--I'd be
                                        embarrassed to suggest its possibility and validity! : )

                                        Mish
                                      • ctecvie
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                          Hello Prometheus,

                                          <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
                                          > Hi Ingrid,
                                          > We are having some fun here aren't we! I thought I'd comment some
                                          > more.

                                          We are having a lot of fun indeed!! :-))

                                          > ***One other disservice Klemp does for Eckists is to put down
                                          > traditional medicine. He even encouraged his one older brother to
                                          >go
                                          > to Mexico for Layatril (sic) treatments for cancer. HK's brother,
                                          > however, was lucky in that he didn't listen to the advice of
                                          > the "Prophet!"

                                          I think you have to do what common sense tells you, and of course in
                                          what you trust. And if the chosen method does not work, then you have
                                          to change something. I am fond of alternative healing methods as
                                          well, but I think we really need to use our discrimination and inform
                                          ourselves as much as possible, and stay open for anything that comes
                                          up as we go along. And traditional medicine is excellent in some
                                          fields!

                                          > ***Yes, and I'm sure that psycho-somatic illnesses have increased
                                          >as
                                          > a result of self-fulling prophecies due to the fear induced mass
                                          > hypnosis of trying to be Co-Workers through the "as if" thinking
                                          > that they are taking on Karma for the Mahanta!

                                          Yes, exactly. One should remember the self-fulfilling prophecies and
                                          the mass hypnosis to help the mahanta with our karma! What crap he
                                          uses to explain his mental (and now physical as well) disorders!!
                                          Incredible that people can fall for it, but so it is!

                                          > > We have become a lot wiser since for sure!
                                          >
                                          > ***And, we continue our learning through Our freedom!

                                          And isn't that soo great! :-)

                                          > ***Yes, this is true! Some of the illnesses that H.I.s have comes
                                          > from the stress of being in a leadership position and the
                                          > expectations of the hierarchy! More and more is expected if there
                                          > are to be more initiations!

                                          The big shot in our community died of cancer some years ago. There
                                          were people who said at the time that he burned himself out by
                                          serving the eck. I think they were right - not quite in the way they
                                          were thinking, but right anyway! His wife is still alive and gives
                                          advice for many in the area. Not long ago, she denied that there was
                                          a computer system for initiations, even if HK himself mentions that
                                          in one of the books for HIs! I didn't like the couple too much
                                          because they seemed too "sweet" for me, but I didn't know them well
                                          enough.

                                          > ***Yes, if one is too trusting (naive) they will be fooled more
                                          > easily. But, even the best of us can be conned at any given time!
                                          > There are just too many scams to keep track of it would seem.

                                          Indeed. And the best of us were fooled and are still fooled (those
                                          who are still in Eckankar).

                                          True and well said! :-)

                                          > > That is true - of what use is knowingness if you don't know to
                                          > expand it accordingly and ask yourself the "right" questions?!
                                          >
                                          > ***Yes, and this fear that Eckists have of Ford's book is rather
                                          > strange and contradicts the dogma of Mahanta protection. Or, do
                                          >they
                                          > see the reading of this book in the same way as smoking or drinking
                                          > is seen? However, I don't believe that reading it would be in
                                          > violation of the Four Zoas!

                                          LOL!! But you know, there's kind of a fifth zoa - negativity, a
                                          big "no-no" in Eckankar as well! :-)

                                          > ***Actually, women can't become the LEM/Mahanta and it looks like
                                          > only a few males can within a normal lifetime! So, in a way this is
                                          > like the Catholic Church and the Pope while the Cardinals would be
                                          > those (male) 7th and 8th initiates positioning themselves like the
                                          > Klumpster did! I think that most Eckists are more concerned with
                                          > achieving God Realization, if they can only act nutty enough!

                                          The nuttier the better - look at HK's "god realization" experience!
                                          And Paul who was "a master in training" ... seems to have been, with
                                          all his strange "I have spoken" articles in that local magazine! But,
                                          you know, Prometheus - we women will become men in the next few
                                          lifetimes, in order to be eligible as the LEM/mahanta! :-)

                                          > ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder if
                                          > this person has tried this technique?

                                          I don't think so - those people just talk and tell about experiences
                                          of others! But, I'm not surprised - HK does the same!

                                          > So, what can I say... except that some people will
                                          > never learn. Anyone who follows them is as blind as they are! And,
                                          > if one does do this sun gazing they might literally become blind!
                                          > Why should I believe a con-man that sun gazing is safe!

                                          Yes, some people will never learn. And if I want to learn sun gazing,
                                          why follow a con man? It's perhaps enough to inform myself on how to
                                          do it, and then just do it and take perhaps follow-up sessions from
                                          time to time! That is, if I really want to try it. I'm not
                                          interested - but I have the freedom to do so, if I wish to do so -
                                          and not because somebody else tells me that "this is it"!

                                          Ingrid
                                        • ctecvie
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                            Hello Mish,

                                            I can see that you "love" sun gazing! LOL (just kidding ...)

                                            <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
                                            > Sun Gazing?? What a crock! I lived and traveled in the Middle East
                                            > several years ago, and became aquainted and familiar with the
                                            > attitudes/beliefs of the culture and society there. First, I would
                                            > say that coming up with scams, such as sun gazing, is in part sport
                                            > and in part a way to sucker people. It's fun to fool people and it
                                            > elevates your belief in your own superiority. If you can fool
                                            > people, especially westerners--why surely you are much smarter than
                                            > them and it makes you feel so good, chuckle, chuckle!

                                            That's true. Westerners are seemingly so smart ... and they can be
                                            fooled so easily sometimes!

                                            > Secondly, it
                                            > can be quite profitable for you.

                                            This is so for sure! I remember how once, being on vacation in a
                                            similar country, a local guy talked to me and made me believe that he
                                            knew me from the hotel. We went with him to his home and then were
                                            talked into giving a donation for something. We were lucky that we
                                            could get away with a relatively small sum of money. The situation
                                            wasn't really dangerous but could have become so. I just believed him
                                            because I thought all the people there were friendly! But not all are!

                                            > It seems, too, that some people have made a lifestyle out of being
                                            > fools! Looking for truth in all the wrong places! : ) Why not just
                                            > trust your inner guidance?

                                            Inner guidance ...?? ;-)) Who needs inner guidance when he can be a
                                            fool ...!! :-D

                                            > Well, I suppose some people in their
                                            > quests for enlightenment have overlooked the basics and have let
                                            > their inner guidance just rather whither/fade away--or is it some
                                            > people just don't possess inner guidance and that is why some
                                            >people
                                            > are always looking to others for answers that should be found
                                            within
                                            > themselves?

                                            I think that this is close to the truth - as I see it. How about
                                            finding enlightenment all around us? How about opening our eyes and
                                            see the beauty of life? Why always do "extraordinary" things for
                                            enlightenment? I'm not saying that one cannot do extraordinary things
                                            because they make life interesting, too. But I think that
                                            enlightenment can be found in doing simple things as waking up in the
                                            morning and being grateful for the day!

                                            > I wouldn't want to risk injury to my eyes attempting this! And why
                                            > would anyone consider that one could survive for years on just
                                            > sunlight and water? This sun gazing idea is really so silly--I'd be
                                            > embarrassed to suggest its possibility and validity! : )

                                            And, why should it make life more enjoyable??
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                              Well, I think sun gazing might work for those "few" people whose
                                              brains only function at 3-10%! I would imagine that anyone who would
                                              go to one of those sun gazing workshops would fall into that
                                              category! : ) So, I guess it would seem "real" to those
                                              already "blind" to reality. Yes, the brain is capable of being
                                              tricked!

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                                Hi Ingrid,
                                                This is fun exposing the insanity and scam of Eckankar and Klum

                                                > > ***One other disservice Klemp does for Eckists is to put down
                                                traditional medicine. He even encouraged his one older brother to go
                                                to Mexico for Layatril treatments for cancer. HK's brother,
                                                however, was lucky in that he didn't listen to the advice of
                                                the "Prophet!"

                                                > I think you have to do what common sense tells you, and of course
                                                in what you trust. And if the chosen method does not work, then you
                                                have to change something. I am fond of alternative healing methods
                                                as well, but I think we really need to use our discrimination and
                                                inform ourselves as much as possible, and stay open for anything
                                                that comes up as we go along. And traditional medicine is excellent
                                                in some fields!

                                                ###True, However, the Layatril treatments were proven to be a scam
                                                to rob sick, rich and desparate Americans (mostly) of their money.
                                                One could say that it did give some people hope, but it also
                                                prevented many from receiving needed traditional treatment. Rod
                                                Stewart had lytics in song mentioning Latatril but I'm not sure if
                                                it was "Better off Dead" or "Foolish Behavior?"

                                                > > ***Yes, and I'm sure that psycho-somatic illnesses have
                                                increased as a result of self-fulling prophecies due to the fear
                                                induced mass hypnosis of trying to be Co-Workers through the "as if"
                                                thinking that they are taking on Karma for the Mahanta!

                                                > Yes, exactly. One should remember the self-fulfilling prophecies
                                                and the mass hypnosis to help the mahanta with our karma! What crap
                                                he uses to explain his mental (and now physical as well) disorders!!
                                                Incredible that people can fall for it, but so it is!

                                                ###Yes, and the Youths in Eck are being brainwashed with this same
                                                crap! What will happen to them, I wonder, when they come out of the
                                                fog and realize the truth when seeing the lies?

                                                > > ***Some of the illnesses that H.I.s have comes from the stress
                                                of being in a leadership position and the expectations of the
                                                hierarchy! More and more is expected if there are to be more
                                                initiations!

                                                > The big shot in our community died of cancer some years ago. There
                                                were people who said at the time that he burned himself out by
                                                serving the eck. I think they were right - not quite in the way they
                                                were thinking, but right anyway! His wife is still alive and gives
                                                advice for many in the area. Not long ago, she denied that there was
                                                a computer system for initiations, even if HK himself mentions that
                                                in one of the books for HIs! I didn't like the couple too much
                                                because they seemed too "sweet" for me, but I didn't know them well
                                                enough.

                                                ### Yes, some H.I.s don't want to accept the truth about the
                                                computer generated pink slips for initiation either! It takes away
                                                from the magic and mystical imaginings and masks the deception of
                                                the fraud. Yes, I also know what you mean by people acting
                                                too "sweet." I knew a RESA who would give Eckists a hug and then
                                                say, "I love you!" This was her "thing" for awhile, and it seemed
                                                quite inappropriate and over the top! It caught people off guard and
                                                was something only a "RESA" could get away with. No one else could
                                                or would do this, because then those special words would
                                                (eventually) have no meaning or value if said so casually and
                                                recklessly.

                                                > > ***Yes, and this fear that Eckists have of Ford's book is rather
                                                strange and contradicts the dogma of Mahanta protection. Or, do they
                                                see the reading of this book in the same way as smoking or drinking
                                                is seen? However, I don't believe that reading it would be in
                                                violation of the Four Zoas!

                                                > LOL!! But you know, there's kind of a fifth zoa - negativity, a
                                                big "no-no" in Eckankar as well! :-)

                                                ### Yes, funny how the truth can become negative when it is not
                                                their truth, or when they (Eckists) are not ready to hear it!

                                                > > ***Actually, women can't become the LEM/Mahanta and it looks
                                                like only a few males can within a normal lifetime! So, in a way
                                                this is like the Catholic Church and the Pope while the Cardinals
                                                would be those (male) 7th and 8th initiates positioning themselves
                                                like the Klumpster did! I think that most Eckists are more concerned
                                                with achieving God Realization, if they can only act nutty enough!

                                                > The nuttier the better - look at HK's "god realization"
                                                experience! And Paul who was "a master in training" ... seems to
                                                have been, with all his strange "I have spoken" articles in that
                                                local magazine! But, you know, Prometheus - we women will become men
                                                in the next few lifetimes, in order to be eligible as the
                                                LEM/mahanta! :-)

                                                ### Yes, that's the Catch-22 of the scam! I guess that one or two
                                                Catholic women (living today) can become the Pope in their next or
                                                some other futuristic incarnation! What are the odds?

                                                > > ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder
                                                if this person has tried this technique? <Sun Gazing>

                                                > I don't think so - those people just talk and tell about
                                                experiences of others! But, I'm not surprised - HK does the same!

                                                ### Right, I doubt if this person has done any Sun Gazing on her
                                                own, but she is of that mind set to try anything and everything
                                                others have to offer. Too bad that she doesn't have more Self-
                                                confidence in her own Self by now.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 31 2:14 AM
                                                  Hi, Everyone!

                                                  This is a repost from Aug. 2005. I thought I would bring it back to
                                                  the forefront because it explains the purpose (IMO) of anti-eckankar
                                                  sites such as ESA. Those who remember this post, I hope you don't
                                                  mind re-reading, and to anyone new who hasn't read it yet, I hope
                                                  you enjoy!

                                                  *********************************

                                                • eyesopen444
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Mar 31 11:42 AM
                                                    Mishmisha9 wrote:

> [...]

                                                    very therapeutic, really! And fun! : )

                                                    I like this site, because it affords so much freedom to express that
                                                    which has amazed as well as annoyed us when we realized the truth
                                                    about Eckankar! Thanks!

                                                    Mish

                                                    > > from another post, Prometheus wrote:
                                                    > > p.s. To those Eckies out there... It's not that we are angry
                                                    about being lied to for years upon years... okay, maybe it is! At
                                                    least we are allowed to be angry and to feel emotion without the
                                                    guilt of being "Astral!" There is no shame after Eck-in-Crap... only
                                                    freedom without the fear of retaliation! Let's face it... all of you
                                                    have to watch what you say... can you talk about Ford, or what is
                                                    mentioned on these sites by former Eckists... of course Not! Why?
                                                    Because you can lose that next initiation or position or even be put

                                                    ME:

                                                    Hi Everyone!

                                                    I'm pleased to express my reasons for reading/posting on ESA and ET.
                                                    First of all, I'm glad they exist! In all the years I spent reading
                                                    ekult books and discourses and those spiritual exercises - it seemed
                                                    to me that I got as far as I was ever going to get in ekult within the
                                                    first five years or so. I had too many other things going on in my
                                                    life to pursue another path, so I trusted ekult and repressed my
                                                    questions and doubts and hoped for the best. The thing about Spirit
                                                    (IMHO) is that It will not be content to remain on a dead-end path. It
                                                    is our spiritual nature to desire continued growth and more knowledge.
                                                    My unanswered questions and unease with ekult kept returning.

                                                    I contacted my area HI and "joined in" at a few worship services,
                                                    which turned out to be pretty bizarre. I met long time members, some
                                                    expressed self-doubt and couldn't understand why they had not achieved
                                                    a higher initiation level (this is such an effective control
                                                    technique, I'm sorry to say), others seemed almost manic with their
                                                    efforts to appear happy and sooo full of Spirit. All this did was
                                                    creep me out and I KNEW that I wasn't going to get any answers from
                                                    these people.

                                                    The next logical step in my mind was to check out the internet.<SMILE>
                                                    I quickly found these "anti-eck" sites and spent several weekends
                                                    exploring every link and site that I could find. When I first learned
                                                    the truth, I was shocked and hurt but also fascinated. I'll admit, I
                                                    was also angry! But, because of these sites, I felt the comfort of not
                                                    being alone, I enjoyed the humor shared and was able to forgive myself
                                                    for being taken in by such a scam.

                                                    I thank Prometheus, Sharon, Liz, Mish, Alf and all of the other great
                                                    posters on these sites. HUGS to you all! I don't think that I would
                                                    have worked through this as quickly or as well without your help.
                                                    THANK YOU!!

                                                    I didn't join out of anger, revenge or hatred. Quite the opposite.
                                                    I joined because I want to help those who will follow and are now
                                                    where we all once were.

                                                    I don't consider these "anti-eck" sites but rather as a source of
                                                    TRUTH. These sites would not be needed if ekult was not a sham and HK
                                                    would tell the truth. People are being hurt and balance is needed.

                                                    Thanks for listening.

                                                    Have Fun!

                                                    Kaye