Re: The Eckankar Hoax - LINKS

    Message 1 of 4 , May 5, 2008
      Hello Everyone,
      Thanks for posting and mentioning these Links.
      Here's another:

      http://members.tripod.com/~dlane5/eckdirectory.html

      BTW- When I asked Jivat for the source of a "typo"
      involving Twitchell's plagiarism I was thinking of
      where PT had mentioned that in his last past life (as
      Peddar Zaskq) he had been born in the "Caucasian"
      Mountains. However, as one can clearly see, spelling
      typos are not needed when PT copied paragraphs
      of Other People's material and not only used the same
      thoughts and words, but also the same (incorrect at
      times) punctuation!

      But, as I previously stated, many ECKists know that
      Twitchell plagiarized and don't see this as a major
      problem. It's a moot point to many of these ECKists.
      But, what's the point in having a "Living" Master (LEM)?
      To keep impure teachings "pure!"

      Prometheus

      mishmisha wrote:

      > Hello Jivat and All,
      >
      > There are many Links on this site (ESA) that
      > show Twitchell's connection to The Path of
      > the Masters. Here are a few that can be explored:
      >
      > *The Flute of God: A Case Study of Re-editing;
      >
      > A AAA Plus- The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad (quotes
      > from) The Path of the Masters;
      >
      > David Lane on Eckankar #1;
      > David Lane on Eckankar #2;
      > David Lane on Eckankar #3.
      >
      > It's all worth looking at and/or re-visiting!
      > Jivat, thanks for bringing the subject up again for
      > discussion! : )
      >
      > Mish

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2008
        Here is an interesting link about copyright law

      • jivatmananda
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2008
          Hello Prometheus,

          It may indeed be a moot point to many ECKists that Twitchell
          plagiarized. They may admit that Twitchell plagiarized while writing
          books published under his name. Yet he did also plagiarize when
          writing the Shariyat (see my recent posts). This book is supposed to
          have been dictated straight from the astral plane. Would it be a
          moot point that key information related to the initiations was
          actually plagiarized?

          Jivat