Max Freedom Long Links

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2008

      I found one of the posts on this subject with links,  many similarities and many more in the books!

      While researching Letters To Gail 3, I came across one of the letters by Paul Twitchell titled "Mathematics and Word Symbols",  April 15, 1964

      In this letter he references a book titled "The Secret Science Behind Miracles" by Max Freedom Long.  I did a search on Max Freeman Long and the book he wrote.  What I discovered was this:

      This was the beginning of Max Freedom Long's research into the Huna tradition of the ancient Polynesians, the science used by the early Polynesians for healing, changing the future for the better, control of winds and weather, etc.   His work not only resulted in The Secret Science Behind Miracles, a study of the Huna Tradition, but also provided personal guidelines for self-improvement and exposed correlation between the Huna faith and religions of today.

      The Huna Fellowship:

      The Huna Fellowship was founded by Max Freedom Long in 1945.
      Huna (tm) is an internationally registered trademark of Huna
      Research, Inc., the organization which coordinates the teaching,
      Research, and practice of this ancient system recovered during over fifty
      Years of research by Max Freedom Long (1890-1971) from the ancient
      Traditions of Hawaii.

      The Huna Way of Life contains elements of philosophy, psychology,
      And religion, offering practical, easy-to-learn methods of personal goal
      Attainment and spiritual growth.

    • jivatmananda
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2008
        I find all these researchs about plagiarism quite relevant, but I
        don't think plagiarism in itself is THE major issue with Eckankar. All
        religions have done plagiarism in one way or another and Paul Twichell
        just did it in the most blatant way.

        In my opinion, they are however two plagiarism issues that are more
        serious:

        1) Harry's theory of the "astral library" when there is unquestionable
        evidence that Paul Twitchell "physically" plagiarized various authors.

        2) Paul Twitchell pretending he got the Sharyiat straight from heaven
        when key information about the initiations was obviously plagiarized
        from Adler.

        These two issues are not just plagiarism, they are frauds.

        Jivat