Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: Harry's Takeover In 6 Easy To Understand Steps

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1 8:47 AM
      Here's another thought;   what does it take financially to keep the temple of eck running each month - heating, cooling, lighting etc when it is being used RARELY!?  How often is there a tour, and how much donation money does a tour generate each money, or how often is the book store open, or ....    The only time there is any real amount of activity there is during seminars, and the once a month worship service.  Other than that, zip, zero, zilch!   And let's not forget the donations that are generated by all local satsangs that send in extra money to help fund the temple etc.....   (yawn!)

      And why is it that the ESC building have chandeliers "made of gold"  hanging in their breeze way entrance to where the volunteer staff workers are located?  Minimum wage jobs at best,  slave wages, and they the employees pay extra for medical benefits!
    • jivatmananda
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1 9:04 AM
        Hi All,

        <prometheus_973@...> wrote:
        > Also, the yearly membership donation is Not supposed
        > to be a fixed amount, but a "suggested" amount. This
        > means that ECKists can make any "Donation" amount
        > for their memberships! If Not, then Eckankar can lose
        > its TAX FREE status. Seminar "Donations" work the same!

        Does it means that Eckists who disagree with money management may
        decide to pay only $1 per year as a way to protest? I doubt many
        would do it as they may fear being blacklisted, but some may still
        consider this option.

        Jivat