Re: Harry's Takeover In 6 Easy To Understand Steps

  • jivatmananda
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2008
      Hi Mish,

      In my opinion, the quickest, easiest and more efficient way to
      complain about their money management is to stop sending them money.
      As long as they get enough money from the membership, they will laugh
      all their way to the bank.

      Jivat

      <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > still be eligible for their initiations. Eckists are so wanting those
      > initiations that they don't care if eckankar is fraudulent or not!
      >
      > So now I wonder how this strained U.S. economy will play out with the
      > eckists. I wonder how many will fall behind in paying their membership
      > dues? If they do, I would guess that they will be surprised that their
      > beloved eckankar will still be demanding their money by arranging
      > monthly payments. Eckists will be reminded that there is no free ride!
      >
      > But this brings us to a brighter note! How many potential new members
      > will pass because of that membership fee (donation)? It just might be
      > hard times for Klemp and company!
      >
      > Mish
      >

      > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "jivatmananda"
      > <jivatmananda@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Prometheus and All,
      > >
      > > You wrote that certain Eckankar financial records are being hidden and
      > > made unavailable to some Board members. I will play the devil's
      > > advocate here. All Eckists know or should know that financial data are
      > > being hidden from them.
      > >
      > > Therefore, they have nothing to complain about when Eckankar spends or
      > > invests their donations and membership dues at its sole discretion.
      > > Eckankar has every right to build an outdoor chapel in a State where
      > > there is only one "week of summer", as Harry so humorously said in
      > > 1986. Members who disagree with that kind of decisions just need not
      > > to donate their hard-earned money to Eckankar.
      > >
      > > Jivat
      > >
      > > --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
      > > <prometheus_973@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Jivat and All,
      > > > It really is too bad that Klemp didn't find
      > > > it "necessary" to even acknowledge Darwin's
      > > > death let alone say anything "kind!" As far as
      > > > what is "true;" when all the facts and the
      > > > real truth is balanced out I doubt that what
      > > > Darwin did, as LEM/Mahanta, was no worse than
      > > > what Twitchell had done... and Klemp has probably
      > > > preformed more misdeeds than both PT & DG combined!
      > > > This is why the EK finances (salaries and properties,
      > > > etc.) are hidden from the general EK membership.
      > > > And, certain EK financial records are being hidden
      > > > and made unavailable to some Board members!
      > > > Klemp chastised and sued Darwin concerning finances
      > > > and then moved Eckankar to MN. where he was not
      > > > required to divulge the orgs spending practices
      > > > under state law. But, What does HK have to hide?
      > > > Can't the EK finances withstand the light of day?
      > > >
      > > > It's interesting why a letter concerning Darwin's
      > > > Translation wasn't sent out with other mailings.
      > > > This would have saved mailing costs ($), but Klemp
      > > > chose not to send anything. What is Harry waiting
      > > > for? It's inappropriate for Klemp to wait any longer
      > > > and to continue to ignore Darwin. Or, is HK just
      > > > incapable of showing any love and compassion,
      > > > or to have an ability to let go of his anger? Probably!

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2008
        Hi all,

        If the org is running this business properly, they would be investing all those MILLIONS they are collecting yearly, and there would be no need for anyone to pay membership dues!  Residual money from books and stupid little bonus crap the members get to purchase; photos of their beloved mahanta levitating on the clouds.... Hu tapes, talk tapes, DVD's, jewelry etc....  Heck they could even help fund each and every local satsang society and center... If klump was investing his money properly!!!  I'm sure someone could get the financial records covertly.  ;-)  Or maybe MN non-disclosure for non profits needs to change!  Klempankar wouldn't be able to hide behind the laws then. What does it take to get such a law changed? I'd be interested in knowing.

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2008
          The financial thing, for ECKists, is a real Catch-22.
          It's true that many ECKists won't question finances
          as they blindly accept/surrender to whatever is told
          them. This is how that "Leap of Faith" works that Klemp
          has spoken about. This is, also, how it works for all
          religious followers, but somehow ECKists think or
          imagine that they are above it all... the lower worlds.
          They have deluded themselves because deep down
          they know that they aren't able to get answers for
          their questions and that there would be retribution
          for asking those questions in the first place. Really,
          can ECKists ask the ESC Staff to see the financial records
          of their church! They can ask, but to question where
          the money goes!!! That shows a lack of trust doesn't
          it! People in charge know how to turn it back around
          to stab and silence the questioner with guilt or fear
          tactics... every ECKist wants that next Initiation!

          The LEM is the physical leader of the physical church.
          His purpose is to run the physical org and to answer
          questions pertaining to the physical aspects of the
          teachings and to this lifetime. Therefore, HK should
          be honest and straight forward and be neutral (neither
          for or against) the reasons as to why financial questions
          are asked. However, such is Not the case!

          Also, the yearly membership donation is Not supposed
          to be a fixed amount, but a "suggested" amount. This
          means that ECKists can make any "Donation" amount
          for their memberships! If Not, then Eckankar can lose
          its TAX FREE status. Seminar "Donations" work the same!

          Prometheus

          [snip]

          Elizabeth wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > If the org is running this business properly, they would be investing all
          > those MILLIONS they are collecting yearly, and there would be no need for
          > anyone to pay membership dues! Residual money from books and stupid little
          > bonus crap the members get to purchase; photos of their beloved mahanta
          > levitating on the clouds.... Hu tapes, talk tapes, DVD's, jewelry etc....
          > Heck they could even help fund each and every local satsang society and
          > center... If klump was investing his money properly!!! I'm sure someone
          > could get the financial records covertly. ;-) Or maybe MN non-disclosure
          > for non profits needs to change! Klempankar wouldn't be able to hide behind
          > the laws then. What does it take to get such a law changed? I'd be
          > interested in knowing.
        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2008
            Here's another thought;   what does it take financially to keep the temple of eck running each month - heating, cooling, lighting etc when it is being used RARELY!?  How often is there a tour, and how much donation money does a tour generate each money, or how often is the book store open, or ....    The only time there is any real amount of activity there is during seminars, and the once a month worship service.  Other than that, zip, zero, zilch!   And let's not forget the donations that are generated by all local satsangs that send in extra money to help fund the temple etc.....   (yawn!)

            And why is it that the ESC building have chandeliers "made of gold"  hanging in their breeze way entrance to where the volunteer staff workers are located?  Minimum wage jobs at best,  slave wages, and they the employees pay extra for medical benefits!
          • jivatmananda
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2008
              Hi All,

              <prometheus_973@...> wrote:
              > Also, the yearly membership donation is Not supposed
              > to be a fixed amount, but a "suggested" amount. This
              > means that ECKists can make any "Donation" amount
              > for their memberships! If Not, then Eckankar can lose
              > its TAX FREE status. Seminar "Donations" work the same!

              Does it means that Eckists who disagree with money management may
              decide to pay only $1 per year as a way to protest? I doubt many
              would do it as they may fear being blacklisted, but some may still
              consider this option.

              Jivat