Re: Klemp Distorts ......

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 5, 2005
      Hello Pretujari,

      I enjoyed your post very much.

      > I have been enjoying Prometheus' analysis of the Klemp's naked
      > emperor's game. I totally agree that not only does Klemp and
      >other's
      > like him distort the road to God-Realization, but actually are
      > stumbling blocks.

      This is SO true!!! In a few days, it will be a year that I left, and
      I have come to realize how stumbling the blocks of Eckankar were, so
      to say. ;-))

      > Look at the freedom, accessibility to new
      > information, and the fact that life itself is pressing to help us
      > with our unfoldment since we left Eckankar. All this was denied us
      > because of the fear fence that Eckankrap - I like this term, so
      apt -
      > put around its members.

      I have found out that life - or spirit, or whatever you choose to
      call it - loves and protects us just as before, and we need no master
      to do that for us at all!

      > What with the 'absolute reliance on the inner
      > master b.s. Klemp is as connected to the Divine Omnipresence as a
      cd
      > can be connected to an old gramophone player.

      As we all know, he isn't aware about our experiences at all. He's
      just like an old gramophone player, to use that term, repeating the
      same old stuff over and over. And if you listen, you can hear how the
      needle is scratching :-).

      > I have been examining the inner communication from what I term the
      > Eckankar sugmad and its company with the recent happenings in that
      > tradition. When this 'sugmad' and his council of nine worked with
      > Graham Forsyth, somehow they failed to communicate what they were
      > doing to Klemp.

      Maybe Klemp was not listening - needle scratching too loudly ... ? :-
      ))

      > So that time came and Klemp was totally in dark about
      > the man who was supposed to succeed him. This contravenes and
      > confuses how the next LEM is to be chosen according to Klemp. He
      > stated sometime ago that the Sugmad chooses the successor and he is
      > informed to make the announcement. If this is indeed the case, at
      > what point did the wires cross in the events involving the Eckankar
      > sugmad and co, GF, and Klemp? And why after failing to protect his
      > own student from what he called Kal influences Klemp rather
      > reprimanded GF and demoted him to a lower initiation as if
      everything
      > was the poor guy's fault? Especially when it was stated that 'He
      > (Klemp) was being informed that communication will be coming to him
      > over this matter.' Confessions of a God-seeker P53.

      It's indeed the task of a master to protect his students from such
      influences! So Klemp failed completely!

      > And while all this was going on the Eckankrap sugmad and his crew
      > purportedly had been busy training the self-proclaimed 974th LEM,
      > Michael Owens secretly since age seven, without the knowledge and
      > imput of the 973rd.

      What confusion ...! :-)

      > Also GF was told that 'due to worsening effects
      > of the conditions in Tibet.....' the Cave of Tomsk has replaced the
      > Oracle of Tirmer as the location for the handing over of the Rod of
      > Eck Power. Despite this Michael Owens and his two chief disciples
      >who
      > claimed to have entered the 'neophyte stages of mastership' all had
      > their ceremonies at the 'discredited' Oracle of Tirmer.

      Well, that's perhaps why Mikey cannot be acknowledged ...? Oracle was
      not current any more. :-)

      > The current scenario is that the Eckankrap sugmad and company are
      > working separately with Klemp, the 973rd, Michael Owens, the
      defacto
      > 974th, with Graham Forsyth and even with Darwin Gross who still
      > claims to be the true LEM. Meanwhile, these separate incarnations
      of
      > the ECkankrap sugmad are at loggerheads, fighting, suing and in
      > competition with each other.

      Perhaps Suggie is preparing a secret "coup" and is keeping them busy
      on purpose, who knows? :-)

      Ingrid
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 5, 2005
        Hello Prometheus,

        > ***Yes, it does stink! But, let's also not forget John Rogers
        Hinkle
        > (sic?).

        John Roger Hinkins, Prometheus! :-)

        Old JR started his scam before DG became LEM so maybe he's
        > the real 972nd LEM and therefore DG was the 973rd, which makes
        Klump
        > the 974th and Mikey the 975th Living Eck-in-Crap Master (LEM)! Or,
        > is GF the 975th and Mikey the 976th?

        Don't, Prometheus! My head starts spinning ... :-) I'm really trying
        to follow who is what, and in which order! Seems too much for me!

        > p.s. To those Eckies out there... It's not that we are angry about
        > being lied to for years upon years... okay, maybe it is! At least
        >we
        > are allowed to be angry and to feel emotion without the guilt of
        > being "Astral!" There is no shame after Eck-in-Crap... only freedom
        > without the fear of retaliation!

        After years of suppressing those "negative" feelings it's good to
        vent from time to time - but, dear Eckies, this is only a part of our
        new life - mostly we're out enjoying life as it is, and enjoying the
        love and protection that are always there as well.

        > Let's face it... all of you have to
        > watch what you say... can you talk about Ford, or what is mentioned
        > on these sites by former Eckists... of course Not! Why? Because you
        > can lose that next initiation or position or even be put back to a
        > 1st like Graham!

        Yes there's a lot to watch ... I did it myself, without even noticing
        it! I have found out that I was, in fact, worried about my next
        initiation ... and, I hate to say it, I was a bit in awe of all those
        HIs ...

        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 5, 2005
          It is always interesting that when you speak up about seeing the
          truth or that you present a differing perspective that people--
          Eckies and newly ex-Eckies--misunderstand the real purpose of these
          discussions and tag us as being angry and not moving on. Well, I
          have moved on, but I feel a responsibility to share my Eckankar
          experiences and knowledge with others who are still under its spell.
          The easiest path would be to just forget it! But what about the
          others--who have doubts and questions? If you Eckies are reading
          this, yes, you have doubts and questions--that is what really draws
          you here! Otherwise, your faith would be so strong, you wouldn't
          feel the need to protect it! : ) Plus, if we don't speak out, the
          truth will just be buried once more and the delusion/lies/deceptions
          will continue.

          For those of you, who still view Eckankar as a nice stepping stone
          for your spiritual unfoldment, well, that is really nonsense. Sure,
          you learned something while in there about yourself, but that would
          have happened as well without Eckankar. If you are really honest and
          can see the truth, your unfoldment was at your own hand and not
          because of those dumb teachings in Eckankar. The experiences we have
          in living are what unfolds us! When we feel and acknowledge Spirit
          working through us, especially during hard and puzzling times, we
          grow more Spiritually! No master or false teaching help in these
          matters. So, my advice is to quit defending your time in Eckankar by
          making the excuse that there are so many valuable truths and lessons
          to be found there--it's okay that you were duped, but now you're
          not, so you can express yourself otherwise--you can be angry and you
          can be honest! By doing so, rather than confusing, you will truly
          help others to escape and even avoid the Eck experience! Plus, it is
          very therapeutic, really! And fun! : )

          I like this site, because it affords so much freedom to express that
          which has amazed as well as annoyed us when we realized the truth
          about Eckankar! Thanks!

          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 5, 2005
            Hello Ingrid,
            I enjoyed your comments to Pretujari's post, and to Pretujari's
            insights as well! I would like to make more comments too!

            <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
            > Hello Pretujari,

            > I enjoyed your post very much. I have been enjoying Prometheus'
            analysis of the Klemp's naked emperor's game. I totally agree that
            not only does Klemp and other's like him distort the road to God-
            Realization, but actually are stumbling blocks.

            ***Yes, any "Master" or authority who puts himself above others is
            Not a true Master... one can only be a "Master" to oneSelf! This is
            why Surat Shab Yoga and the others religions that have a Living
            Master (that Twitch copied) are false teachings as well!

            > This is SO true!!! In a few days, it will be a year that I left,
            and I have come to realize how stumbling the blocks of Eckankar
            were, so to say. ;-))

            > > Look at the freedom, accessibility to new information, and the
            fact that life itself is pressing to help us with our unfoldment
            since we left Eckankar. All this was denied us because of the fear
            fence that Eckankrap - I like this term, so apt - put around its
            members.

            > I have found out that life - or spirit, or whatever you choose to
            call it - loves and protects us just as before, and we need no
            master to do that for us at all!

            ***True! Many of us had spiritual experiences prior to Eckankar as 0
            initiates... yet Eckankar wants to take credit for those experiences
            too! It's a real Catch-22 religion that uses its own jargon and
            dogma as an all inclusive for its past "Eck Masters" and anything in
            history as being "ECK" (SPIRIT). But, these Eckankar terms are just
            protected trademarks of a business and have No other value except to
            distort Truth!

            > > What with the 'absolute reliance on the inner master b.s. Klemp
            is as connected to the Divine Omnipresence as a cd can be connected
            to an old gramophone player.

            > As we all know, he isn't aware about our experiences at all. He's
            just like an old gramophone player, to use that term, repeating the
            same old stuff over and over. And if you listen, you can hear how
            the needle is scratching :-).

            ***Yes, but one has to admit that living in delusion is comfortable!
            An Eckist (especially H.I.s) does/do Not have to think and taking
            responsibility for daily karma is now the only concern. The all
            powerful and all knowing Mahanta has eliminated the past life karma
            so everyone can now relax some (but can you?). LOL! But wait! What
            about being a Co-Worker? What about becoming a H.I., or a Cleric,
            Initiator, Eck Spiritual Aid, a Local or State Director, President
            of the Satsang Society, or becoming a RESA? Vanity has its price!

            > > I have been examining the inner communication from what I term
            the Eckankar sugmad and its company with the recent happenings in
            that tradition. When this 'sugmad' and his council of nine worked
            with Graham Forsyth, somehow they failed to communicate what they
            were doing to Klemp.

            > Maybe Klemp was not listening - needle scratching too
            loudly ... ? :- ))

            ***Klemp has mentioned that he wasn't much of a listener!

            > > So that time came and Klemp was totally in dark about the man
            who was supposed to succeed him. This contravenes and confuses how
            the next LEM is to be chosen according to Klemp. He stated sometime
            ago that the Sugmad chooses the successor and he is informed to make
            the announcement. If this is indeed the case, at what point did the
            wires cross in the events involving the Eckankar sugmad and co, GF,
            and Klemp? And why after failing to protect his own student from
            what he called Kal influences Klemp rather reprimanded GF and
            demoted him to a lower initiation as if everything was the poor
            guy's fault? Especially when it was stated that 'He (Klemp) was
            being informed that communication will be coming to him over this
            matter.' Confessions of a God-seeker P53.

            > It's indeed the task of a master to protect his students from such
            influences! So Klemp failed completely!

            *** Yes, Klemp isn't a loving Master is he! In "The Path of the
            Masters" by Julian P. Johnson (the primary book Twitch used to
            create Eckankar)there is listed ten "Objective Indices of
            Mastership" on pages 227-230.

            1. "... real Masters never charge for their services..."
            2. "Masters never boast of their mastership or of their spiritual
            powers or attainments."
            3. "Masters never complain of their treatment at the hands of
            others."
            4. "Masters never find fault or blame others either to their faces
            or behind their backs, no matter what the provocation."
            [I'm thinking of that Temporary Postal Clerk here!]
            5. "Masters never punish anybody, even their worst enemies or such
            as have mistreated them." [I'm thinking of Darwin Gross, Graham and
            Ford here!]
            6. "Masters are never given to ascetic practices or unreasonable
            austerities."
            7. "Masters never go about begging their living."
            8. "A real Master never performs miracles for public exibition."
            [This is definitely No problem for Klump! LOL!]
            9. "All genuine Masters teach and practice the Audible Life Stream,
            or the Sound Current, called in Hindi the Shabd." [See, I told you
            Twitch stole this teaching and Westernized it as Eckankar]
            10. "If any yogi or other man claiming to be a Master teaches that
            Brahm Lok or the region of Brahm is the highest of all heavens, and
            that Brahm is the Supreme God, then you may know of a certainty that
            he is not a Master."

            > > And while all this was going on the Eckankrap sugmad and his
            crew purportedly had been busy training the self-proclaimed 974th
            LEM, Michael Owens secretly since age seven, without the knowledge
            and imput of the 973rd.

            > What confusion ...! :-)

            ***Yes, it is! But Eckist don't care and aren't concerned. Why think
            when it's so easy Not to think. Besides, what can they replace
            Eckankar with? Many Eckists (people) need their religion, and will
            never have spiritual freedom or mastership... they're afraid of the
            Self-responsibility that comes with it!

            > > Also GF was told that 'due to worsening effects of the
            conditions in Tibet.....' the Cave of Tomsk has replaced the Oracle
            of Tirmer as the location for the handing over of the Rod of Eck
            Power. Despite this Michael Owens and his two chief disciples who
            claimed to have entered the 'neophyte stages of mastership' all had
            their ceremonies at the 'discredited' Oracle of Tirmer.

            > Well, that's perhaps why Mikey cannot be acknowledged ...? Oracle
            was not current any more. :-)

            > > The current scenario is that the Eckankrap sugmad and company
            are working separately with Klemp, the 973rd, Michael Owens, the
            defacto 974th, with Graham Forsyth and even with Darwin Gross who
            still claims to be the true LEM. Meanwhile, these separate
            incarnations of the ECkankrap sugmad are at loggerheads, fighting,
            suing and in competition with each other.

            > Perhaps Suggie is preparing a secret "coup" and is keeping them
            busy on purpose, who knows? :-)

            *** Yes, the Klempster just makes it up as he goes along. Twitch did
            the same so it's (Eckankrap) all just a continuation of the Twitch's
            con. Klemp is very egotistical, however, since he needs to place
            more attention on himself and less on Twitchell by eliminating many
            of Twitchell's books. The big question is why hasn't Klemp written a
            real book like the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad III?

            Message 5 of 30 , Aug 5, 2005
              Hi Ingrid,
              Thanks for the correct spelling on John-Roger Hinkins!

              <ctecvie@y...> wrote:
              > Hello Prometheus,

              >>***Yes, it does stink! But, let's also not forget John Rogers
              Hinkle (sic?).

              > John Roger Hinkins, Prometheus! :-)

              >>*** Old JR started his scam before DG became LEM so maybe he's
              the real 972nd LEM and therefore DG was the 973rd, which makes Klump
              the 974th and Mikey the 975th Living Eck-in-Crap Master (LEM)! Or,
              is GF the 975th and Mikey the 976th?

              > Don't, Prometheus! My head starts spinning ... :-) I'm really
              trying to follow who is what, and in which order! Seems too much for
              me!

              *****Yes, it could really become confusing if any of it was true!
              But it snot! LOL!

              >>*** p.s. To those Eckies out there... It's not that we are angry
              about being lied to for years upon years... okay, maybe it is! At
              least we are allowed to be angry and to feel emotion without the
              guilt of being "Astral!" There is no shame after Eck-in-Crap... only
              freedom without the fear of retaliation!

              > After years of suppressing those "negative" feelings it's good to
              vent from time to time - but, dear Eckies, this is only a part of
              our new life - mostly we're out enjoying life as it is, and enjoying
              the love and protection that are always there as well.

              *****Yes, I have a friend (a former ESA) who read Ford's book after
              I had told her of it. She left Eckankar and then had a plane flight
              where smoke came into the plane's cabin! She did not chant HU or
              anything like that. She just knew that she would be okay, and she
              was! Her plane was not even late or diverted to another airport.
              This must have been quite the test for her to prove to herself that
              she was/is her own Master and that she is protected by SPIRIT (not
              Eck).

              >>*** Let's face it... all of you have to watch what you say... can
              you talk about Ford, or what is mentioned on these sites by former
              Eckists... of course Not! Why? Because you can lose that next
              initiation or position or even be put back to a 1st like Graham!

              > Yes there's a lot to watch ... I did it myself, without even
              noticing it! I have found out that I was, in fact, worried about my
              those HIs ...

              *****I was in awe at first as well! Eventually I caught on. I
              observed behavior and realized that time as a continued member
              counted most, but that who you knew and agreed with counted more for
              that 5th, 6th and 7th! 8th and 9th inititiations are out of the
              question for most Eckists! And, (in Eckankar) there are no inner
              ones without the outer confirmation! In Reality there are No
              Initiations!

              Prometheus
            • Freefrom
              Message 6 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
                Hi Mish,

                I couldn't have said it better myself! Really good post. Would you
                mind if I reposted it in my Yahoo group, "X-Eckankar: The chains of
                Eck". This group is much more active than mine. I have a lot of
                lerkers I think, but I believe it is important to have several anti
                eckancrap groups around, even if they have a slightly different focus
                or slant. Thanks for the post, very well put. (Prometheus too)

                Freefrom

                Message 7 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
                  Hi, Freefrom!

                  Sure you may post my message on your site. I do venture over there
                  once in a while myself, so I guess I am a lurker! : ) I agree it is
                  good to have several "anti eckancrap groups around!" Glad you
                  participate here too!

                  Mish

                  --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom"

                  Message 8 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
                    Hi Mish,

                    Yes, one's own spiritual learning and understanding transcends
                    Eckankar! Sometimes I think that Eckankar helped me to have a better
                    understanding of other Eastern spiritual knowledge, but I also
                    realize that Twitchell's creation (Eckankar) is an embellished and
                    fictional scam with a distorted but Westernized version of Sant Mat,
                    Radha Soami Satsang Beas, and Surat Shabd Yoga along with a some
                    others thrown in for good measure. The real disservice comes not
                    only with the continued lies from Klemp, but with the promotion that
                    one needs a Living Master to depend upon while in a physical body
                    and an "Inner" Master even longer! A true spiritual teacher should
                    have a physical one-to-one relationship with the student and that
                    the student will (in this lifetime) become the Master! If one cannot
                    become/realize their own Mastership after "X" number of years...
                    then that path or direction is a useless distraction and one needs
                    to redirect (and deprogram) their life while there is still time!

                    <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

                    > For those of you, who still view Eckankar as a nice stepping stone
                    for your spiritual unfoldment, well, that is really nonsense. Sure,
                    you learned something while in there about yourself, but that would
                    have happened as well without Eckankar. If you are really honest and
                    can see the truth, your unfoldment was at your own hand and not
                    because of those dumb teachings in Eckankar. The experiences we have
                    in living are what unfolds us! When we feel and acknowledge Spirit
                    working through us, especially during hard and puzzling times, we
                    grow more Spiritually! No master or false teaching help in these
                    matters. So, my advice is to quit defending your time in Eckankar by
                    making the excuse that there are so many valuable truths and lessons
                    to be found there--it's okay that you were duped, but now you're
                    not, so you can express yourself otherwise--you can be angry and you
                    can be honest! By doing so, rather than confusing, you will truly
                    help others to escape and even avoid the Eck experience! Plus, it is
                    very therapeutic, really! And fun! : )
                  • christel_heine2003
                    Message 9 of 30 , Aug 6, 2005
                      that
                      > one needs a Living Master to depend upon while in a physical body
                      > and an "Inner" Master even longer! A true spiritual teacher should
                      > have a physical one-to-one relationship with the student and that
                      > the student will (in this lifetime) become the Master! If one
                      cannot
                      > become/realize their own Mastership after "X" number of years...
                      > then that path or direction is a useless distraction and one needs
                      > to redirect (and deprogram) their life while there is still time!

                      o, yes, so it is. one needs a living master---- no, only a teacher.
                      I talk - to the W.N. in june - that the living master hat no little
                      love to show to 'the few', who leave ekankar. he shows the eckist's,
                      how to see those, who left (in the W.N). I noticed, that I couldn't
                      accept an inner master, but surely an outer, in his writing f.e.
                      oh no, I also become the answer: in religions, there is the heart,
                      but not the mind decisive. in my case, the mind would mine, to stay
                      in eckankar, Hu-chant, satsang with very lovely persons - but, in my
                      heart, no, it couldn't be, because, the mahanta was only an outer
                      master, if at all, for me.
                      but, the HI, I talked: no word, that hk point of the eckists, to
                      devalue these, who go an other way. it's not possible, that all what
                      I was wroting - it is not worth, to say any word to my opinion...
                      and it is so depressing, that there are total blocking, no hearing to
                      my open words, to awake hearing, understanding. I didn't except:
                      accepting!!! but eventually reading about issues together.
                      what are this writing here? I think, the most of eckists are not
                      able, to be offen, they aren't ready, to hear other opinions, where
                      ever they come from. they only answers in eck-sentences. they are not
                      able, to try coming in the thougts of others, isn't so?
                      oh, it is sorry for me. no discussion, when I told my leaving behind
                      eckankar. the same we could learn in the ddr, there, these, who
                      wasn't able to agree, those are no-man!
                      my experience, is it compatible to others???
                      sorry, my english - but I hope, perhabs, you could understand, what
                      I'm meaning.
                      greetings christel

                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                        Thanks,

                        I went ahead and added this group to my links. Hope that's
                        OK. Figured it couldn't hurt, although I did inherit the group and
                        there are still some members that I don't know much about, since they
                        rarely post. I can only assume that many of them are in full agreement
                        with whatever I say. *gg* That's Ok, at least I have some kind of
                        captive audience. I haven't announced adding this link, and if you
                        would prefer your link not be added, just let me know.

                        Freefrom

                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                          Hi Christel,
                          Thanks for the post. I do pretty much understand what you are saying.

                          --- In
                          EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "christel_heine2003"
                          <Christel-Heine@t...> wrote:

                          Prometheus: In Eckankar it seems that one needs a Living Master to
                          depend upon while in a physical body and an "Inner" Master even
                          longer! A true spiritual teacher should have a physical one-to-one
                          relationship with the student and that the student will (in this
                          lifetime) become the Master! If one cannot become/realize their own
                          Mastership after "X" number of years... then that path or direction
                          is a useless distraction and one needs to redirect (and deprogram)
                          their life while there is still time!

                          > o, yes, so it is. one needs a living master---- no, only a teacher.
                          I talk - to the W.N. in june - that the living master hat no little
                          love to show to 'the few', who leave ekankar. he shows the eckist's,
                          how to see those, who left (in the W.N).

                          ***I'm not sure what the W.N. is that you mentioned? Yes, there can
                          be many "teachers" in our lives but the one true Master is us! And
                          yes HK does not show much love to those Eckists who left and to
                          those who have insights and inner experiences, or dreams that
                          contradict the Eck dogma and his authority.

                          >I noticed, that I couldn't accept an inner master, but surely an
                          outer, in his writing f.e. oh no, I also become the answer: in
                          religions, there is the heart, but not the mind decisive. in my
                          case, the mind would mine, to stay in eckankar, Hu-chant, satsang
                          with very lovely persons - but, in my heart, no, it couldn't be,
                          because, the mahanta was only an outer master, if at all, for me.
                          but, the HI, I talked: no word, that hk point of the eckists, to
                          devalue these, who go an other way. it's not possible, that all what
                          I was wroting - it is not worth, to say any word to my opinion...
                          and it is so depressing, that there are total blocking, no hearing
                          to my open words, to awake hearing, understanding.

                          ***Some Eckists have trouble accepting the inner master and others
                          have trouble accepting the outer master. An Eckist has to perform a
                          really good self-brainwashing to believe both! Yes, one must use
                          both the mind and the heart to determine truth. Yes, many H.I.s do
                          not truly listen, just like Klemp, and many are ESAs who are
                          supposed to be listeners! But, that's just one more distortion of
                          many. "Do as I say not as I do" seems to be the motto of Klemp and
                          company.

                          >I didn't except: accepting!!! but eventually reading about issues
                          together. what are this writing here? I think, the most of eckists
                          are not able, to be offen, they aren't ready, to hear other
                          opinions, where ever they come from. they only answers in eck-
                          sentences. they are not able, to try coming in the thougts of
                          others, isn't so? oh, it is sorry for me. no discussion, when I told
                          my leaving behind eckankar. the same we could learn in the ddr,
                          there, these, who wasn't able to agree, those are no-man! my
                          experience, is it compatible to others??? sorry, my english - but I
                          hope, perhabs, you could understand, what I'm meaning.
                          > greetings christel

                          ***Yes, Eckists do not want to hear other opinions, answer
                          questions, or listen in general! They think and assume that
                          their "truth" is the highest and most valuable. To believe as they
                          do they need to close their minds to other possibilities or there
                          would be too many questions to answer and doubt would creep in.
                          Therefore, only the discussion of Eck dogma (using Eck jargon) is
                          acceptable in most conservations. Perhaps it is best for some people
                          (it would seem) to live in ignorance and delusion if that is what
                          makes them happy. And, isn't happiness or contentment the true
                          overall goal of humanity! Anyway, it is too bad that Eckists think
                          that they are the only ones who can have valid spiritual
                          experiences. To discount the non-Eck experiences of others shows not
                          only their own inexperience, but also their small minds and hearts!

                          Prometheus
                        • ctecvie
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                            Hello Christel,

                            > o, yes, so it is. one needs a living master---- no, only a teacher.

                            It's true that one needs only a teacher, and only if we wish to have
                            one! It's our decision.

                            > I talk - to the W.N. in june - that the living master hat no
                            little
                            > love to show to 'the few', who leave ekankar. he shows the
                            eckist's,
                            > how to see those, who left (in the W.N). I noticed, that I
                            couldn't
                            > accept an inner master, but surely an outer, in his writing f.e.
                            > oh no, I also become the answer: in religions, there is the
                            heart,
                            > but not the mind decisive.

                            Such a typical answer in Eckankar - if you question writings, such
                            as the last wisdom notes in your case, then the answer is pretty
                            often "you are in the mind, you need to go within to find the answer
                            for you". 'Mind' has become a real 'no-no' word in Eckankar.

                            > in my case, the mind would mine, to stay
                            > in eckankar, Hu-chant, satsang with very lovely persons - but, in
                            my
                            > heart, no, it couldn't be, because, the mahanta was only an outer
                            > master, if at all, for me.

                            Well, it's pretty obvious that your heart is right here. It's true
                            that sometimes it's hard to give up the group, the people we have
                            come to like over the years. But that's, as you point out (I believe
                            I have understood correctly), only the mind. The heart says
                            something entirely different!

                            > but, the HI, I talked: no word, that hk point of the eckists, to
                            > devalue these, who go an other way. it's not possible, that all
                            what
                            > I was wroting - it is not worth, to say any word to my opinion...
                            > and it is so depressing, that there are total blocking, no hearing
                            > my open words, to awake hearing, understanding. I didn't except:
                            > accepting!!! but eventually reading about issues together.

                            Yes, it's difficult for them to accept that there's another "truth"
                            out there than theirs. So, it's often easier to devaluate the
                            messenger (you in that case) than to admit that something's not
                            quite right with the teachings and, especially, with the master.
                            Discussion is not possible because this would be of the kal.

                            > what are this writing here? I think, the most of eckists are not
                            > able, to be offen, they aren't ready, to hear other opinions,
                            where
                            > ever they come from. they only answers in eck-sentences. they are
                            not
                            > able, to try coming in the thougts of others, isn't so?
                            > oh, it is sorry for me. no discussion, when I told my leaving
                            behind
                            > eckankar.

                            Yes, that's a pity indeed. I think all we can do with those who
                            can't accept us as we are - accept them as they are. I know that
                            this is easier said than done. I have learned quite a lot about this
                            during the last year. Soon, it will be a year that I left! Hooray! :-
                            ))

                            > the same we could learn in the ddr, there, these, who
                            > wasn't able to agree, those are no-man!

                            I have found out that it's pretty much the same mechanism in
                            oppressing countries like the German Democratic Republic - you can't
                            speak your mind, and if you do, this has serious consequences.
                            Fortunately, Eckankar isn't quite like that - but you get devaluated
                            for sure, and opinions of ex-members or members with serious doubts
                            don't count at all.

                            > my experience, is it compatible to others???

                            Oh, yes!!! For sure!! I have seen pretty much the same thing, and I
                            didn't really dare to ask too many questions. Fortunately, I could
                            discuss those issues with my husband, so I wasn't all alone.

                            > sorry, my english - but I hope, perhabs, you could understand,
                            what
                            > I'm meaning.

                            I think you made yourself quite clear! If there's something you feel
                            I didn't understand correctly, just tell me. I'm happy you posted!

                            Ingrid
                          • ctecvie
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                              Hello Freefrom,

                              Good that you post here, too! I agree with you and Mish - it's good to
                              have several groups about Eckankar here, with a slightly different
                              slant. I visit your group from time to time as well - so I'm a lurker,
                              too!

                              Message 14 of 30 , Aug 7, 2005
                                Hi Freefrom,

                                Yes, it is nice being "free from the chains of Eck." I saw that Mish
                                put the link up (here) to your Yahoo Group site of X-Eckankar at...
                                good to have another anti-Eckankar site in order to have more forums
                                for discussion, and to share information and experiences.

                                Perhaps all of us can help Eckists find the courage of heart and
                                Soul as well as the clarity of mind to leave Eckankar. And, also
                                prevent those looking at Eckankar as a spiritual path from joining,
                                and to help in the healing process by giving support to former
                                Eckists.

                                Knowing thy Self and the reasons why we joined Eckankar and then
                                stayed in for as long as we did (when all of the signs were there
                                telling us something was wrong!) is an interesting area to explore.
                                It mostly seemed to make sense at the time and the rest we just
                                accepted on faith. The "paradox" excuse helps one to overlook
                                Klemp's shortcomings too! Some Eckists have never had "inner"
                                experiences, and many had these prior to, during, and after
                                Eckankar! This proves that the Eckincrap-Mahanta induced-experience
                                is misidentified.

                                On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and other
                                cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                                erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                                these people are even "former" Eckists! You'd think that being in
                                Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                                and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                                deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                                welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing! But, just
                                look at how many of these cults and religions (sects too) are out
                                there! They either feed on people's fears or offer food for their
                                egos or both it would seem!

                                Thanks for posting the link to this site (ESA) onto your site of X-
                                Eckankar.

                                Prometheus

                                <eckchains@y...> wrote:

                                > Thanks, I went ahead and added this group to my links. Hope that's
                                OK. Figured it couldn't hurt, although I did inherit the group and
                                there are still some members that I don't know much about, since they
                                rarely post. I can only assume that many of them are in full
                                agreement with whatever I say. *gg* That's Ok, at least I have some
                                kind of captive audience. I haven't announced adding this link, and
                                if you would prefer your link not be added, just let me know.

                                > Freefrom
                              • Freefrom
                                Message 15 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                  Prometheus wrote...

                                  On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and other
                                  cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                                  erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                                  these people are even "former" Eckists! You'd think that being in
                                  Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                                  and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                                  deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                                  welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing! But, just
                                  look at how many of these cults and religions (sects too) are out
                                  there! They either feed on people's fears or offer food for their
                                  egos or both it would seem!

                                  Freefrom:
                                  *I agree whole heartedly, but I will have to admit that I find myself
                                  at times being drawn back into similar cultic and religious beliefs
                                  before I finally do a reality check and realize I'm going down that
                                  path away from my own common sense. I think a lot of it has to do with
                                  family members and "friends" still being involved with eckankrap. It
                                  is a little bit like an addiction and that magical thinking from
                                  childhood. Experiences of mine have shown me that there is some truth
                                  to spirituality and psychic stuff that does happen, IMO. The problem
                                  is when you attribute it all to One org like eeck! (g)

                                  I have often thought that it may be closer to the truth that God is an
                                  "Athiest" or a "non believer", in that it does not matter so much what
                                  the dogma is. As far as ego goes, it has occured to me that as ego
                                  expands in a good way to be all inclusive, it may not disappear
                                  exactly, but my experience becomes more flexible, lighter and
                                  adaptable. Just my take on things. I also notice that the dogma, such
                                  as eck becomes more transparent and loses it's influence. It is just
                                  another belief system after all. IMO Truth does not need defending or
                                  to be forced.*

                                  Good Fortune

                                  FreeFrom
                                • ctecvie
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                    --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Freefrom" >

                                    > *I agree whole heartedly, but I will have to admit that I find
                                    myself
                                    > at times being drawn back into similar cultic and religious beliefs
                                    > before I finally do a reality check and realize I'm going down that
                                    > path away from my own common sense.

                                    This happens to me as well. I think it's not so much about getting
                                    completely rid of this pattern (even if it's great when that happens)
                                    but to be alert and notice when we are starting to go down that path
                                    again as you say.

                                    > Experiences of mine have shown me that there is some truth
                                    > to spirituality and psychic stuff that does happen, IMO. The problem
                                    > is when you attribute it all to One org like eeck! (g)

                                    Exactly.

                                    > I have often thought that it may be closer to the truth that God is
                                    > an
                                    > "Athiest" or a "non believer", in that it does not matter so much
                                    >what
                                    > the dogma is. As far as ego goes, it has occured to me that as ego
                                    > expands in a good way to be all inclusive, it may not disappear
                                    > exactly, but my experience becomes more flexible, lighter and
                                    > adaptable.

                                    Well said! I have noticed that since being out of Eckankar, I have
                                    become more flexible in my thinking as well. Except, of course, that
                                    I have come to have a rather rigid opinion of the teaching itself! :-
                                    ) But as far as the people go, those who are still with Eckankar, I
                                    have come to a better understanding as well. I can see them as
                                    seekers who need the experience - just as I needed the experience as
                                    well, at the time. Of course if discussions start, they still can get
                                    fairly heated! :-)

                                    > Just my take on things. I also notice that the dogma, such
                                    > as eck becomes more transparent and loses it's influence. It is just
                                    > another belief system after all. IMO Truth does not need defending
                                    > or
                                    > to be forced.

                                    Truth doesn't need a belief system. The more we become aware that
                                    Eckankar is just another belief system the better and lighter it
                                    gets, in my experience.

                                    Ingrid
                                  • ctecvie
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                      Hello Prometheus,

                                      <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                                      > Perhaps all of us can help Eckists find the courage of heart and
                                      > Soul as well as the clarity of mind to leave Eckankar. And, also
                                      > prevent those looking at Eckankar as a spiritual path from joining,
                                      > and to help in the healing process by giving support to former
                                      > Eckists.

                                      I have made some great experiences in this field during the last
                                      year. I met those who wouldn't budge no matter which facts I
                                      presented them. Naive as I was after having left, I thought that
                                      anyone facing the facts would see what I was seeing and just leave -
                                      but no! I was amazed at the reactions, and angry as well. Now I can
                                      take that much better than before and just let them be where they are.

                                      And I have met people who had already questions & doubts, and after
                                      discussing them in our newsgroup, they just left without blinking an
                                      eye. Those were the great experiences.

                                      > Knowing thy Self and the reasons why we joined Eckankar and then
                                      > stayed in for as long as we did (when all of the signs were there
                                      > telling us something was wrong!) is an interesting area to explore.

                                      It is, indeed! And it's fascinating to look back and see when the
                                      doubts started and for how long I still lasted before leaving.

                                      > It mostly seemed to make sense at the time and the rest we just
                                      > accepted on faith. The "paradox" excuse helps one to overlook
                                      > Klemp's shortcomings too! Some Eckists have never had "inner"
                                      > experiences, and many had these prior to, during, and after
                                      > Eckankar! This proves that the Eckincrap-Mahanta induced-experience
                                      > is misidentified.

                                      Eckankar did and does a good job in misleading the seekers. Once we
                                      start to believe, it seems we can be told anything for a certain
                                      amount of time! I didn't have inner experiences either - well, at the
                                      beginning I did have some. But then, they faded more and more. I have
                                      always been more the type to be guided by inner knowing. This was so
                                      before and after Eckankar, and also while I was a member. I wake up
                                      in the morning and know what needs to be done and which decision I
                                      need to take.

                                      > On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and
                                      >other
                                      > cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                                      > erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                                      > these people are even "former" Eckists!

                                      I think that this is a pattern that sunk in deeply. Many Eckists are
                                      that way - it's in the teachings.

                                      > You'd think that being in
                                      > Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                                      > and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                                      > deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                                      > welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing!

                                      Amazing indeed. But Eckankar does not teach those things. Just don't
                                      question and accept everything an authority tells you! The longer you
                                      were in Eckankar, the more this principle could do its damage, and so
                                      it's not a real surprise for me that some of those who left don't
                                      have any discriminations and lack a lot of common sense! Quite
                                      natural when you think how we all were brainwashed!

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                        Hi Freefrom,

                                        I enjoyed your response. We seem to think and sound much alike.
                                        Sometimes, I think that semantics just points out our uniqueness and
                                        individual experiences as we sort it all out for deeper insights
                                        into the big WHY?

                                        <eckchains@y...> wrote:
                                        > Prometheus wrote...
                                        On another note... I'm amazed at how some people (Eckists, and other
                                        cultists) are still constantly making assumptions, jumping to
                                        erroneous conclusions, and are still rationalizing! And, some of
                                        these people are even "former" Eckists! You'd think that being in
                                        Eckankar for 25-35 years would have taught them to be more cautious
                                        and to look (very closely) before leaping into other fires of
                                        deception! Some people, it seems, just never learn and seem to
                                        welcome their daily delusions as a way of life! Amazing! But, just
                                        look at how many of these cults and religions (sects too) are out
                                        there! They either feed on people's fears or offer food for their
                                        egos or both it would seem!

                                        > Freefrom:
                                        I agree whole heartedly, but I will have to admit that I find myself
                                        at times being drawn back into similar cultic and religious beliefs
                                        before I finally do a reality check and realize I'm going down that
                                        path away from my own common sense. I think a lot of it has to do
                                        with family members and "friends" still being involved with
                                        eckankrap. It is a little bit like an addiction and that magical
                                        thinking from childhood. Experiences of mine have shown me that
                                        there is some truth to spirituality and psychic stuff that does
                                        happen, IMO. The problem is when you attribute it all to One org
                                        like eeck! (g)

                                        ***Yes, it is only natural that one replaces one habit with another
                                        or one religion with another. There is a void that needs to be
                                        filled. However, with time, Soul fills that void with a greater
                                        knowledge of Its own idenity and purpose (happiness/contentment?).
                                        One needs to have time to get to know OneSelf when a relationship
                                        has ended. There needs to be time for healing and re-evaluation and
                                        contemplation... one needs to "chill" for awhile. New and greater
                                        experiences await those who are free of the dogma and prejudical
                                        beliefs that were mapped out and programed into us for those self-
                                        fulling expectations. And, yes there is some truth to the spiritual
                                        and psychic stuff that we and others experience, but only some of it
                                        is Truth for the individual while only some of it is Truth for us
                                        all! No one path or religion has Truth! Actually, if one would take
                                        everything written by everyone they would still not find Truth! This
                                        may sound like a given, but look at how many people hang onto the
                                        words of those they see as "experts" or "Masters!"

                                        > I have often thought that it may be closer to the truth that God
                                        is an "Athiest" or a "non believer", in that it does not matter so
                                        much what the dogma is. As far as ego goes, it has occured to me
                                        that as ego expands in a good way to be all inclusive, it may not
                                        disappear exactly, but my experience becomes more flexible, lighter
                                        and adaptable. Just my take on things. I also notice that the dogma,
                                        such as eck becomes more transparent and loses it's influence. It is
                                        just another belief system after all. IMO Truth does not need
                                        defending or to be forced.*

                                        ***Yes, "God" (IMO) IS! Therefore, how can a total awareness of all
                                        that IS lower that awareness to belief and especially to limited or
                                        inaccurate beliefs? I'm certain, however, that "God" understands our
                                        little escapades (but we don't!) since it all eventually leads to an
                                        awareness of the innate cause for why we search for happiness. It is
                                        a longing (Soul has) to return to the absolute reality of Being
                                        (ISNESS)! Religions, cults and other scams are distractions that
                                        pacify and take (trap) our minds (and egos) into "safe" and "secure"
                                        little boxes. The (a) reality is that life is more fragile than we
                                        can handle, and thus the need for the ego to protect with
                                        distractions and delusions!

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 8, 2005
                                          Hi Ingrid,

                                          I thought I'd make a few more comments to what you have replied.

                                          Ingrid wrote:
                                          > I have made some great experiences in this field during the last
                                          year. I met those who wouldn't budge no matter which facts I
                                          presented them. Naive as I was after having left, I thought that
                                          anyone facing the facts would see what I was seeing and just leave -
                                          but no! I was amazed at the reactions, and angry as well. Now I can
                                          take that much better than before and just let them be where they
                                          are.

                                          ***Yes, I know Eckists who have even read Confessions of a God
                                          Seeker by Ford Johnson, and still remain as members! Actually, many
                                          of those Eckists did Not really "read" the book... they just did a
                                          Twitchell like skim! They were too afraid to do a slow read and
                                          contemplate on the information. This is what also makes them angry.
                                          They are afraid that former Eckists are right! None of them want to
                                          return to square one! Eckists are too comfortable in their delusions
                                          and want to remain in their own private little Sound Proof Dark
                                          Room. As above (with Klemp) so below (with the rank and file)!

                                          > And I have met people who had already questions & doubts, and
                                          after discussing them in our newsgroup, they just left without
                                          blinking an eye. Those were the great experiences.

                                          ***It was more difficult for me to leave. At first, I didn't want to
                                          believe what was in front of me, but I really had no choice if I
                                          wanted to remain true to myself! That has always been an important
                                          factor in being a truth seeker... and truth is so very elusive!
                                          However, lucky for me that I have usually recognized an inner
                                          guidance when It has presented Itself to me when making crucial
                                          decisions. Strange, though, that Spirit guided me to Eckankar in the
                                          first place. I guess I needed the "eckperience" in order to learn
                                          the difference between truth and deception, and to meet certain
                                          individuals for karmic reasons as well... or not!

                                          > It is, indeed! And it's fascinating to look back and see when the
                                          doubts started and for how long I still lasted before leaving.

                                          ***My doubts started long ago, but I always rationalized by thinking
                                          that I didn't know as much as the H.I.s, and that eventually I would
                                          have a break through in higher awareness. It was the "just Be"
                                          concept and those like it that always gave me hope. Of course those
                                          Higher Initiations were awfully enticing too! They really impressed
                                          me for quite awhile. However, the more that I watched and listened
                                          to these "leaders" the more that I noticed strange behavior. I even
                                          heard the same words and jargon repeated over and over, but saw no
                                          true substance behind the facade and attempts at real caring or
                                          friendliness. Of course, there were always exceptions to the rule
                                          and this gave me hope. But, it also pointed out that the initiations
                                          were not earned though higher consciousness. And, acting "as if" you
                                          are what you imagine yourself to be is a key step (delusion) to
                                          becoming a loyal chela, and with time as a paid and always current
                                          member... to those higher initiations. <LOL>

                                          > Eckankar did and does a good job in misleading the seekers. Once
                                          we start to believe, it seems we can be told anything for a certain
                                          amount of time! I didn't have inner experiences either - well, at
                                          the beginning I did have some. But then, they faded more and more. I
                                          have always been more the type to be guided by inner knowing. This
                                          was so before and after Eckankar, and also while I was a member. I
                                          wake up in the morning and know what needs to be done and which
                                          decision I need to take.

                                          ***I usually had the spectacular "inner" experiences, but I did also
                                          have the ones of "knowingness" too! Some of my wilder experiences
                                          were before I joined Eckankar, but I have had even
                                          more "interesting" experiences since leaving Eckankar! I had a
                                          friend that only had experiences of knowingness, and I sometimes
                                          envied her. However, since she is still in Eckankar and is even
                                          afraid to read "Confessions" (too Kal for the Mahanta to protect
                                          her?) I now see that her "knowingness" is limited by her fears!

                                          > I think that this is a pattern that sunk in deeply. Many Eckists
                                          are that way - it's in the teachings.

                                          ***Eckists are members of a private club! They feel privileged
                                          (vain) that they have all of that loving guidance and protection and
                                          that they are so advanced spiritually! <so sad> Once an Eckist buys
                                          into this crap for 25-35 years one doesn't want to know the truth!
                                          The truth about Eckankar is a hinderance for obtaining those higher
                                          initiations, local and state positions, and speaking engagements at
                                          regional and major seminars! This is because some Eckists just like
                                          being the center of attention! And, why throw all that away along
                                          with all of those years of service, and initiations for the sake of
                                          truth? I was going to mention the donations of money, but much of
                                          that was tax deductible anyway!

                                          > Amazing indeed. But Eckankar does not teach those things. Just
                                          don't question and accept everything an authority tells you! The
                                          longer you were in Eckankar, the more this principle could do its
                                          damage, and so it's not a real surprise for me that some of those
                                          who left don't have any discriminations and lack a lot of common
                                          sense! Quite natural when you think how we all were brainwashed!

                                          ***Yes, some of these people were into other weird things as
                                          Eckists! I heard an Eckist talk of using Rune stones, in a Rountable
                                          Discussion, and was surprised that she wasn't asked to explain how
                                          that fit in with the Eckankar teachings. I wouldn't, as an ESA, have
                                          let that information go by so passively. So, as you can see, I was a
                                          good soldier who followed guidelines and was brain-washed to know
                                          the Mahanta's mission. But, it was tough being in the field of
                                          action. I even wrote to Klemp, many years ago, telling him of the
                                          need for more guidelines and leadership trainings. I was amazed to
                                          finally see the H.I. Leadership book come out in 2001. It only took
                                          Klump 20 years to write the first complete book! The even funnier
                                          thing is that many Eckists are both stubborn and individualistic,
                                          and don't follow or believe in guidelines!

                                          Prometheus
                                        • ctecvie
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                                            Hello Prometheus,

                                            <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                                            > ***Yes, I know Eckists who have even read Confessions of a God
                                            > Seeker by Ford Johnson, and still remain as members! Actually, many
                                            > of those Eckists did Not really "read" the book... they just did a
                                            > Twitchell like skim!

                                            The character assessment I heard about Ford Johnson was always the
                                            same: "He wanted more ... he had this big ego ... Well, I didn't like
                                            him anyway ... He was angry ..." yada yada yada. I just wonder why he
                                            was good enough to be used as a speaker at many international
                                            seminars during such a long time ...?? And why nobody spoke up if it
                                            was true what Eckists keep saying about him? I guess people were
                                            blinded by his "high status"!

                                            > ***It was more difficult for me to leave.

                                            Understandable! It's quite a shock at first! But, as you say, if you
                                            want to remain true to yourself, then you have to make a decision.
                                            There are many Eckists who develop cancer or other severe diseases,
                                            which, in my opinion, shouldn't be the case if it really was "the one
                                            and only true way"! Of course this is because the master himself has
                                            a severe disease (physically and mentally)and his followers just copy
                                            him because they think that makes them more like him (which it does,
                                            by the way, but not as they think! :-) ).

                                            But I strongly suspect that there is another reason as well: they
                                            don't remain true to themselves. I think that one of the reasons why
                                            diseases develop is by not being authentic and true to ourselves any
                                            more. Eckists who know that by remaining in Eckankar, they are going
                                            in the wrong direction but do nothing about it, are prone to such
                                            things in my opinion.

                                            > Strange, though, that Spirit guided me to Eckankar in the
                                            > first place. I guess I needed the "eckperience" in order to learn
                                            > the difference between truth and deception, and to meet certain
                                            > individuals for karmic reasons as well... or not!

                                            We have become a lot wiser since for sure!

                                            > ***My doubts started long ago, but I always rationalized by
                                            >thinking
                                            > that I didn't know as much as the H.I.s, and that eventually I
                                            >would
                                            > have a break through in higher awareness.

                                            Sounds VERY familiar to me! :-) I was the same way!

                                            > It was the "just Be"
                                            > concept and those like it that always gave me hope. Of course those
                                            > Higher Initiations were awfully enticing too! They really impressed
                                            > me for quite awhile.

                                            When my husband became HI, he kept telling me that there was nothing
                                            new - just more rules and guidelines! He was thinking that by being
                                            an HI, one should have realized a lot of principles within oneself,
                                            so that there was no need for so many outer rules any more!

                                            > However, the more that I watched and listened
                                            > to these "leaders" the more that I noticed strange behavior. I even
                                            > heard the same words and jargon repeated over and over, but saw no
                                            > true substance behind the facade and attempts at real caring or
                                            > friendliness. Of course, there were always exceptions to the rule
                                            > and this gave me hope.

                                            Me, too! But I think it's just that there are some great people out
                                            there - so there must be some in Eckankar, too!

                                            > Some of my wilder experiences
                                            > were before I joined Eckankar, but I have had even
                                            > more "interesting" experiences since leaving Eckankar!

                                            Yes, exactly!

                                            > I had a
                                            > friend that only had experiences of knowingness, and I sometimes
                                            > envied her. However, since she is still in Eckankar and is even
                                            > afraid to read "Confessions" (too Kal for the Mahanta to protect
                                            > her?) I now see that her "knowingness" is limited by her fears!

                                            That is true - of what use is knowingness if you don't know to expand
                                            it accordingly and ask yourself the "right" questions?!

                                            > And, why throw all that away along
                                            > with all of those years of service, and initiations for the sake of
                                            > truth?

                                            I know a great guy, an HI which I appreciated (and still appreciate,
                                            in spite of everything) who told me in earnest that the difference
                                            between Eckankar and Christianity was that Eckists all are standing
                                            in line to become the next mahanta and LEM! I could not believe it! I
                                            asked him if he knew how many years each Eckist would have to wait
                                            for that, and that spiritual development for each of us was much
                                            faster than that! He stopped writing me after that one. :-))

                                            > ***Yes, some of these people were into other weird things as
                                            > Eckists! I heard an Eckist talk of using Rune stones, in a
                                            >rountable
                                            > Discussion

                                            The new topic is sun gazing, and it's even promoted by former
                                            Eckists! Well, you can do that if you are interested in it, and I'm
                                            sure that there will be some results if you try hard enough, but
                                            that's not my personal favorite pastime. :-))

                                            > I even wrote to Klemp, many years ago, telling him of the
                                            > need for more guidelines and leadership trainings. I was amazed to
                                            > finally see the H.I. Leadership book come out in 2001. It only took
                                            > Klump 20 years to write the first complete book!

                                            But as far as I know that book was compiled from letters to the resas
                                            over a long time! I couldn't figure out why the heck somebody wanted
                                            to train lowly initiates by using letters to resas!! I guess he just
                                            couldn't get together a whole new book, and as we well know all of
                                            the most recent books are a rehash of things that were written before.

                                            Message 21 of 30 , Aug 9, 2005
                                              Hi Ingrid,
                                              We are having some fun here aren't we! I thought I'd comment some
                                              more.

                                              Ingrid wrote:
                                              > The character assessment I heard about Ford Johnson was always the
                                              same: "He wanted more ... he had this big ego ... Well, I didn't
                                              like him anyway ... He was angry ..." yada yada yada. I just wonder
                                              why he was good enough to be used as a speaker at many international
                                              seminars during such a long time ...?? And why nobody spoke up if it
                                              was true what Eckists keep saying about him? I guess people were
                                              blinded by his "high status"!

                                              ***Yes, if Ford was so bland or egocentric or whatever the neo nay-
                                              sayers claim then why did Klemp (the Mahanta) have him front and
                                              center as an International representative for Eckankar!

                                              > > >It was more difficult for me to leave.

                                              > Understandable! It's quite a shock at first! But, as you say, if
                                              you want to remain true to yourself, then you have to make a
                                              decision. There are many Eckists who develop cancer or other severe
                                              diseases, which, in my opinion, shouldn't be the case if it really
                                              was "the one and only true way"! Of course this is because the
                                              master himself has a severe disease (physically and mentally)and his
                                              followers just copy him because they think that makes them more like
                                              him (which it does, by the way, but not as they think! :-) ).

                                              ***One other disservice Klemp does for Eckists is to put down
                                              traditional medicine. He even encouraged his one older brother to go
                                              to Mexico for Layatril (sic) treatments for cancer. HK's brother,
                                              however, was lucky in that he didn't listen to the advice of
                                              the "Prophet!"

                                              > But I strongly suspect that there is another reason as well: they
                                              don't remain true to themselves. I think that one of the reasons why
                                              diseases develop is by not being authentic and true to ourselves any
                                              more. Eckists who know that by remaining in Eckankar, they are going
                                              in the wrong direction but do nothing about it, are prone to such
                                              things in my opinion.

                                              ***Yes, and I'm sure that psycho-somatic illnesses have increased as
                                              a result of self-fulling prophecies due to the fear induced mass
                                              hypnosis of trying to be Co-Workers through the "as if" thinking
                                              that they are taking on Karma for the Mahanta!

                                              > > > Strange, though, that Spirit guided me to Eckankar in the
                                              first place. I guess I needed the "eckperience" in order to learn
                                              the difference between truth and deception, and to meet certain
                                              individuals for karmic reasons as well... or not!

                                              > We have become a lot wiser since for sure!

                                              ***And, we continue our learning through Our freedom!

                                              > > >My doubts started long ago, but I always rationalized by
                                              thinking that I didn't know as much as the H.I.s, and that
                                              eventually I would have a break through in higher awareness.

                                              > Sounds VERY familiar to me! :-) I was the same way!

                                              ***Sometimes I now look back and see how "irrational" I was! I had
                                              to talk myself into thinking I was doing the right thing at times. I
                                              was very stubborn even with mySelf!

                                              > > >It was the "just Be" concept and those like it that always gave
                                              me hope. Of course those Higher Initiations were awfully enticing
                                              too! They really impressed me for quite awhile.

                                              > When my husband became HI, he kept telling me that there was
                                              nothing new - just more rules and guidelines! He was thinking that
                                              by being an HI, one should have realized a lot of principles within
                                              oneself, so that there was no need for so many outer rules any more!

                                              ***Yes, this is true! Some of the illnesses that H.I.s have comes
                                              from the stress of being in a leadership position and the
                                              expectations of the hierarchy! More and more is expected if there
                                              are to be more initiations!

                                              > > >However, the more that I watched and listened to
                                              these "leaders" the more that I noticed strange behavior. I even
                                              heard the same words and jargon repeated over and over, but saw no
                                              true substance behind the facade and attempts at real caring or
                                              friendliness. Of course, there were always exceptions to the rule
                                              and this gave me hope.

                                              > Me, too! But I think it's just that there are some great people
                                              out there - so there must be some in Eckankar, too!

                                              ***Yes, if one is too trusting (naive) they will be fooled more
                                              easily. But, even the best of us can be conned at any given time!
                                              There are just too many scams to keep track of it would seem.

                                              > > >Some of my wilder experiences were before I joined Eckankar,
                                              but I have had even more "interesting" experiences since leaving
                                              Eckankar!

                                              > Yes, exactly!

                                              ***Spiritual experiences now just seem more real and explainable
                                              without a mahanta to second guess Me!

                                              > > >I had a friend that only had experiences of knowingness, and I
                                              sometimes envied her. However, since she is still in Eckankar and is
                                              even afraid to read "Confessions" (too Kal for the Mahanta to
                                              protect her?) I now see that her "knowingness" is limited by her
                                              fears!

                                              > That is true - of what use is knowingness if you don't know to
                                              expand it accordingly and ask yourself the "right" questions?!

                                              ***Yes, and this fear that Eckists have of Ford's book is rather
                                              strange and contradicts the dogma of Mahanta protection. Or, do they
                                              see the reading of this book in the same way as smoking or drinking
                                              is seen? However, I don't believe that reading it would be in
                                              violation of the Four Zoas!

                                              > > >And, why throw all that away along with all of those years of
                                              service, and initiations for the sake of truth?

                                              > I know a great guy, an HI which I appreciated (and still
                                              appreciate, in spite of everything) who told me in earnest that the
                                              difference between Eckankar and Christianity was that Eckists all
                                              are standing in line to become the next mahanta and LEM! I could not
                                              believe it! I asked him if he knew how many years each Eckist would
                                              have to wait for that, and that spiritual development for each of us
                                              was much faster than that! He stopped writing me after that one. :-))

                                              ***Actually, women can't become the LEM/Mahanta and it looks like
                                              only a few males can within a normal lifetime! So, in a way this is
                                              like the Catholic Church and the Pope while the Cardinals would be
                                              those (male) 7th and 8th initiates positioning themselves like the
                                              Klumpster did! I think that most Eckists are more concerned with
                                              achieving God Realization, if they can only act nutty enough!

                                              > > >Yes, some of these people were into other weird things as
                                              Eckists! I heard an Eckist talk of using Rune stones, in a rountable
                                              Discussion

                                              > The new topic is sun gazing, and it's even promoted by former
                                              Eckists! Well, you can do that if you are interested in it, and I'm
                                              sure that there will be some results if you try hard enough, but
                                              that's not my personal favorite pastime. :-))

                                              ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder if
                                              this person has tried this technique? Perhaps it would increase
                                              their brain activity and capacity to equal Twitch's... their hero!
                                              If this method is valid then those starving to death in sunny
                                              countries can be taught this technique and survive! But, it hasn't
                                              been promoted and taught there has it? That's because it's a scam
                                              and NASA states that they aren't involved with this as advertised on
                                              the scam site. So, what can I say... except that some people will
                                              never learn. Anyone who follows them is as blind as they are! And,
                                              if one does do this sun gazing they might literally become blind!
                                              Why should I believe a con-man that sun gazing is safe!

                                              > > >I even wrote to Klemp, many years ago, telling him of the
                                              need for more guidelines and leadership trainings. I was amazed to
                                              finally see the H.I. Leadership book come out in 2001. It only took
                                              Klump 20 years to write the first complete book!

                                              > But as far as I know that book was compiled from letters to the
                                              resas over a long time! I couldn't figure out why the heck somebody
                                              wanted to train lowly initiates by using letters to resas!! I guess
                                              he just couldn't get together a whole new book, and as we well know
                                              all of the most recent books are a rehash of things that were
                                              written before.

                                              ***True, much of it was from RESA talks, meetings, and letters. Yes
                                              Klemp does drag his feet and for a "prophet" he can't see the hand
                                              writing on the wall! He just wasn't getting info to the chelas in an
                                              organized "same page" like manner through his RESAs. The whole "Eck"
                                              organization is screwed up and will just get worse as more demands
                                              and controls are exerted.

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Aug 10, 2005
                                                Sun Gazing?? What a crock! I lived and traveled in the Middle East
                                                several years ago, and became aquainted and familiar with the
                                                attitudes/beliefs of the culture and society there. First, I would
                                                say that coming up with scams, such as sun gazing, is in part sport
                                                and in part a way to sucker people. It's fun to fool people and it
                                                elevates your belief in your own superiority. If you can fool
                                                people, especially westerners--why surely you are much smarter than
                                                them and it makes you feel so good, chuckle, chuckle! Secondly, it
                                                can be quite profitable for you. Since you didn't really make a
                                                success with your engineering degree or really want to work in the
                                                family business, well, why not take money from fools. It again shows
                                                your superiority and cleaverness at conning, which really is just a
                                                sport and now has become a lifestyle! LOL!

                                                It seems, too, that some people have made a lifestyle out of being
                                                fools! Looking for truth in all the wrong places! : ) Why not just
                                                trust your inner guidance? Well, I suppose some people in their
                                                quests for enlightenment have overlooked the basics and have let
                                                their inner guidance just rather whither/fade away--or is it some
                                                people just don't possess inner guidance and that is why some people
                                                are always looking to others for answers that should be found within
                                                themselves?

                                                Ingrid said:

                                                > > The new topic is sun gazing, and it's even promoted by former
                                                > Eckists! Well, you can do that if you are interested in it, and
                                                I'm sure that there will be some results if you try hard enough, but
                                                > that's not my personal favorite pastime. :-))

                                                Prometheus replied:

                                                > ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder
                                                if this person has tried this technique? Perhaps it would increase
                                                > their brain activity and capacity to equal Twitch's... their hero!
                                                > If this method is valid then those starving to death in sunny
                                                > countries can be taught this technique and survive! But, it hasn't
                                                > been promoted and taught there has it? That's because it's a scam
                                                > and NASA states that they aren't involved with this as advertised
                                                on the scam site. So, what can I say... except that some people will
                                                > never learn. Anyone who follows them is as blind as they are! And,
                                                > if one does do this sun gazing they might literally become blind!
                                                > Why should I believe a con-man that sun gazing is safe!

                                                I wouldn't want to risk injury to my eyes attempting this! And why
                                                would anyone consider that one could survive for years on just
                                                sunlight and water? This sun gazing idea is really so silly--I'd be
                                                embarrassed to suggest its possibility and validity! : )

                                                Mish
                                              • ctecvie
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                                  Hello Prometheus,

                                                  <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
                                                  > Hi Ingrid,
                                                  > We are having some fun here aren't we! I thought I'd comment some
                                                  > more.

                                                  We are having a lot of fun indeed!! :-))

                                                  > ***One other disservice Klemp does for Eckists is to put down
                                                  > traditional medicine. He even encouraged his one older brother to
                                                  >go
                                                  > to Mexico for Layatril (sic) treatments for cancer. HK's brother,
                                                  > however, was lucky in that he didn't listen to the advice of
                                                  > the "Prophet!"

                                                  I think you have to do what common sense tells you, and of course in
                                                  what you trust. And if the chosen method does not work, then you have
                                                  to change something. I am fond of alternative healing methods as
                                                  well, but I think we really need to use our discrimination and inform
                                                  ourselves as much as possible, and stay open for anything that comes
                                                  up as we go along. And traditional medicine is excellent in some
                                                  fields!

                                                  > ***Yes, and I'm sure that psycho-somatic illnesses have increased
                                                  >as
                                                  > a result of self-fulling prophecies due to the fear induced mass
                                                  > hypnosis of trying to be Co-Workers through the "as if" thinking
                                                  > that they are taking on Karma for the Mahanta!

                                                  Yes, exactly. One should remember the self-fulfilling prophecies and
                                                  the mass hypnosis to help the mahanta with our karma! What crap he
                                                  uses to explain his mental (and now physical as well) disorders!!
                                                  Incredible that people can fall for it, but so it is!

                                                  > > We have become a lot wiser since for sure!
                                                  >
                                                  > ***And, we continue our learning through Our freedom!

                                                  And isn't that soo great! :-)

                                                  > ***Yes, this is true! Some of the illnesses that H.I.s have comes
                                                  > from the stress of being in a leadership position and the
                                                  > expectations of the hierarchy! More and more is expected if there
                                                  > are to be more initiations!

                                                  The big shot in our community died of cancer some years ago. There
                                                  were people who said at the time that he burned himself out by
                                                  serving the eck. I think they were right - not quite in the way they
                                                  were thinking, but right anyway! His wife is still alive and gives
                                                  advice for many in the area. Not long ago, she denied that there was
                                                  a computer system for initiations, even if HK himself mentions that
                                                  in one of the books for HIs! I didn't like the couple too much
                                                  because they seemed too "sweet" for me, but I didn't know them well
                                                  enough.

                                                  > ***Yes, if one is too trusting (naive) they will be fooled more
                                                  > easily. But, even the best of us can be conned at any given time!
                                                  > There are just too many scams to keep track of it would seem.

                                                  Indeed. And the best of us were fooled and are still fooled (those
                                                  who are still in Eckankar).

                                                  True and well said! :-)

                                                  > > That is true - of what use is knowingness if you don't know to
                                                  > expand it accordingly and ask yourself the "right" questions?!
                                                  >
                                                  > ***Yes, and this fear that Eckists have of Ford's book is rather
                                                  > strange and contradicts the dogma of Mahanta protection. Or, do
                                                  >they
                                                  > see the reading of this book in the same way as smoking or drinking
                                                  > is seen? However, I don't believe that reading it would be in
                                                  > violation of the Four Zoas!

                                                  LOL!! But you know, there's kind of a fifth zoa - negativity, a
                                                  big "no-no" in Eckankar as well! :-)

                                                  > ***Actually, women can't become the LEM/Mahanta and it looks like
                                                  > only a few males can within a normal lifetime! So, in a way this is
                                                  > like the Catholic Church and the Pope while the Cardinals would be
                                                  > those (male) 7th and 8th initiates positioning themselves like the
                                                  > Klumpster did! I think that most Eckists are more concerned with
                                                  > achieving God Realization, if they can only act nutty enough!

                                                  The nuttier the better - look at HK's "god realization" experience!
                                                  And Paul who was "a master in training" ... seems to have been, with
                                                  all his strange "I have spoken" articles in that local magazine! But,
                                                  you know, Prometheus - we women will become men in the next few
                                                  lifetimes, in order to be eligible as the LEM/mahanta! :-)

                                                  > ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder if
                                                  > this person has tried this technique?

                                                  I don't think so - those people just talk and tell about experiences
                                                  of others! But, I'm not surprised - HK does the same!

                                                  > So, what can I say... except that some people will
                                                  > never learn. Anyone who follows them is as blind as they are! And,
                                                  > if one does do this sun gazing they might literally become blind!
                                                  > Why should I believe a con-man that sun gazing is safe!

                                                  Yes, some people will never learn. And if I want to learn sun gazing,
                                                  why follow a con man? It's perhaps enough to inform myself on how to
                                                  do it, and then just do it and take perhaps follow-up sessions from
                                                  time to time! That is, if I really want to try it. I'm not
                                                  interested - but I have the freedom to do so, if I wish to do so -
                                                  and not because somebody else tells me that "this is it"!

                                                  Ingrid
                                                • ctecvie
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                                    Hello Mish,

                                                    I can see that you "love" sun gazing! LOL (just kidding ...)

                                                    <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
                                                    > Sun Gazing?? What a crock! I lived and traveled in the Middle East
                                                    > several years ago, and became aquainted and familiar with the
                                                    > attitudes/beliefs of the culture and society there. First, I would
                                                    > say that coming up with scams, such as sun gazing, is in part sport
                                                    > and in part a way to sucker people. It's fun to fool people and it
                                                    > elevates your belief in your own superiority. If you can fool
                                                    > people, especially westerners--why surely you are much smarter than
                                                    > them and it makes you feel so good, chuckle, chuckle!

                                                    That's true. Westerners are seemingly so smart ... and they can be
                                                    fooled so easily sometimes!

                                                    > Secondly, it
                                                    > can be quite profitable for you.

                                                    This is so for sure! I remember how once, being on vacation in a
                                                    similar country, a local guy talked to me and made me believe that he
                                                    knew me from the hotel. We went with him to his home and then were
                                                    talked into giving a donation for something. We were lucky that we
                                                    could get away with a relatively small sum of money. The situation
                                                    wasn't really dangerous but could have become so. I just believed him
                                                    because I thought all the people there were friendly! But not all are!

                                                    > It seems, too, that some people have made a lifestyle out of being
                                                    > fools! Looking for truth in all the wrong places! : ) Why not just
                                                    > trust your inner guidance?

                                                    Inner guidance ...?? ;-)) Who needs inner guidance when he can be a
                                                    fool ...!! :-D

                                                    > Well, I suppose some people in their
                                                    > quests for enlightenment have overlooked the basics and have let
                                                    > their inner guidance just rather whither/fade away--or is it some
                                                    > people just don't possess inner guidance and that is why some
                                                    >people
                                                    > are always looking to others for answers that should be found
                                                    within
                                                    > themselves?

                                                    I think that this is close to the truth - as I see it. How about
                                                    finding enlightenment all around us? How about opening our eyes and
                                                    see the beauty of life? Why always do "extraordinary" things for
                                                    enlightenment? I'm not saying that one cannot do extraordinary things
                                                    because they make life interesting, too. But I think that
                                                    enlightenment can be found in doing simple things as waking up in the
                                                    morning and being grateful for the day!

                                                    > I wouldn't want to risk injury to my eyes attempting this! And why
                                                    > would anyone consider that one could survive for years on just
                                                    > sunlight and water? This sun gazing idea is really so silly--I'd be
                                                    > embarrassed to suggest its possibility and validity! : )

                                                    And, why should it make life more enjoyable??
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                                      Well, I think sun gazing might work for those "few" people whose
                                                      brains only function at 3-10%! I would imagine that anyone who would
                                                      go to one of those sun gazing workshops would fall into that
                                                      category! : ) So, I guess it would seem "real" to those
                                                      already "blind" to reality. Yes, the brain is capable of being
                                                      tricked!

                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Aug 11, 2005
                                                        Hi Ingrid,
                                                        This is fun exposing the insanity and scam of Eckankar and Klum

                                                        > > ***One other disservice Klemp does for Eckists is to put down
                                                        traditional medicine. He even encouraged his one older brother to go
                                                        to Mexico for Layatril treatments for cancer. HK's brother,
                                                        however, was lucky in that he didn't listen to the advice of
                                                        the "Prophet!"

                                                        > I think you have to do what common sense tells you, and of course
                                                        in what you trust. And if the chosen method does not work, then you
                                                        have to change something. I am fond of alternative healing methods
                                                        as well, but I think we really need to use our discrimination and
                                                        inform ourselves as much as possible, and stay open for anything
                                                        that comes up as we go along. And traditional medicine is excellent
                                                        in some fields!

                                                        ###True, However, the Layatril treatments were proven to be a scam
                                                        to rob sick, rich and desparate Americans (mostly) of their money.
                                                        One could say that it did give some people hope, but it also
                                                        prevented many from receiving needed traditional treatment. Rod
                                                        Stewart had lytics in song mentioning Latatril but I'm not sure if
                                                        it was "Better off Dead" or "Foolish Behavior?"

                                                        > > ***Yes, and I'm sure that psycho-somatic illnesses have
                                                        increased as a result of self-fulling prophecies due to the fear
                                                        induced mass hypnosis of trying to be Co-Workers through the "as if"
                                                        thinking that they are taking on Karma for the Mahanta!

                                                        > Yes, exactly. One should remember the self-fulfilling prophecies
                                                        and the mass hypnosis to help the mahanta with our karma! What crap
                                                        he uses to explain his mental (and now physical as well) disorders!!
                                                        Incredible that people can fall for it, but so it is!

                                                        ###Yes, and the Youths in Eck are being brainwashed with this same
                                                        crap! What will happen to them, I wonder, when they come out of the
                                                        fog and realize the truth when seeing the lies?

                                                        > > ***Some of the illnesses that H.I.s have comes from the stress
                                                        of being in a leadership position and the expectations of the
                                                        hierarchy! More and more is expected if there are to be more
                                                        initiations!

                                                        > The big shot in our community died of cancer some years ago. There
                                                        were people who said at the time that he burned himself out by
                                                        serving the eck. I think they were right - not quite in the way they
                                                        were thinking, but right anyway! His wife is still alive and gives
                                                        advice for many in the area. Not long ago, she denied that there was
                                                        a computer system for initiations, even if HK himself mentions that
                                                        in one of the books for HIs! I didn't like the couple too much
                                                        because they seemed too "sweet" for me, but I didn't know them well
                                                        enough.

                                                        ### Yes, some H.I.s don't want to accept the truth about the
                                                        computer generated pink slips for initiation either! It takes away
                                                        from the magic and mystical imaginings and masks the deception of
                                                        the fraud. Yes, I also know what you mean by people acting
                                                        too "sweet." I knew a RESA who would give Eckists a hug and then
                                                        say, "I love you!" This was her "thing" for awhile, and it seemed
                                                        quite inappropriate and over the top! It caught people off guard and
                                                        was something only a "RESA" could get away with. No one else could
                                                        or would do this, because then those special words would
                                                        (eventually) have no meaning or value if said so casually and
                                                        recklessly.

                                                        > > ***Yes, and this fear that Eckists have of Ford's book is rather
                                                        strange and contradicts the dogma of Mahanta protection. Or, do they
                                                        see the reading of this book in the same way as smoking or drinking
                                                        is seen? However, I don't believe that reading it would be in
                                                        violation of the Four Zoas!

                                                        > LOL!! But you know, there's kind of a fifth zoa - negativity, a
                                                        big "no-no" in Eckankar as well! :-)

                                                        ### Yes, funny how the truth can become negative when it is not
                                                        their truth, or when they (Eckists) are not ready to hear it!

                                                        > > ***Actually, women can't become the LEM/Mahanta and it looks
                                                        like only a few males can within a normal lifetime! So, in a way
                                                        this is like the Catholic Church and the Pope while the Cardinals
                                                        would be those (male) 7th and 8th initiates positioning themselves
                                                        like the Klumpster did! I think that most Eckists are more concerned
                                                        with achieving God Realization, if they can only act nutty enough!

                                                        > The nuttier the better - look at HK's "god realization"
                                                        experience! And Paul who was "a master in training" ... seems to
                                                        have been, with all his strange "I have spoken" articles in that
                                                        local magazine! But, you know, Prometheus - we women will become men
                                                        in the next few lifetimes, in order to be eligible as the
                                                        LEM/mahanta! :-)

                                                        ### Yes, that's the Catch-22 of the scam! I guess that one or two
                                                        Catholic women (living today) can become the Pope in their next or
                                                        some other futuristic incarnation! What are the odds?

                                                        > > ***Yes, some people are extremely gullible and foolish! I wonder
                                                        if this person has tried this technique? <Sun Gazing>

                                                        > I don't think so - those people just talk and tell about
                                                        experiences of others! But, I'm not surprised - HK does the same!

                                                        ### Right, I doubt if this person has done any Sun Gazing on her
                                                        own, but she is of that mind set to try anything and everything
                                                        others have to offer. Too bad that she doesn't have more Self-
                                                        confidence in her own Self by now.

                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Mar 31, 2006
                                                          Hi, Everyone!

                                                          This is a repost from Aug. 2005. I thought I would bring it back to
                                                          the forefront because it explains the purpose (IMO) of anti-eckankar
                                                          sites such as ESA. Those who remember this post, I hope you don't
                                                          mind re-reading, and to anyone new who hasn't read it yet, I hope
                                                          you enjoy!

                                                          *********************************

                                                        • eyesopen444
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Mar 31, 2006
                                                            Mishmisha9 wrote:

> [...]

                                                            very therapeutic, really! And fun! : )

                                                            I like this site, because it affords so much freedom to express that
                                                            which has amazed as well as annoyed us when we realized the truth
                                                            about Eckankar! Thanks!

                                                            Mish

                                                            > > from another post, Prometheus wrote:
                                                            > > p.s. To those Eckies out there... It's not that we are angry
                                                            about being lied to for years upon years... okay, maybe it is! At
                                                            least we are allowed to be angry and to feel emotion without the
                                                            guilt of being "Astral!" There is no shame after Eck-in-Crap... only
                                                            freedom without the fear of retaliation! Let's face it... all of you
                                                            have to watch what you say... can you talk about Ford, or what is
                                                            mentioned on these sites by former Eckists... of course Not! Why?
                                                            Because you can lose that next initiation or position or even be put

                                                            ME:

                                                            Hi Everyone!

                                                            I'm pleased to express my reasons for reading/posting on ESA and ET.
                                                            First of all, I'm glad they exist! In all the years I spent reading
                                                            ekult books and discourses and those spiritual exercises - it seemed
                                                            to me that I got as far as I was ever going to get in ekult within the
                                                            first five years or so. I had too many other things going on in my
                                                            life to pursue another path, so I trusted ekult and repressed my
                                                            questions and doubts and hoped for the best. The thing about Spirit
                                                            (IMHO) is that It will not be content to remain on a dead-end path. It
                                                            is our spiritual nature to desire continued growth and more knowledge.
                                                            My unanswered questions and unease with ekult kept returning.

                                                            I contacted my area HI and "joined in" at a few worship services,
                                                            which turned out to be pretty bizarre. I met long time members, some
                                                            expressed self-doubt and couldn't understand why they had not achieved
                                                            a higher initiation level (this is such an effective control
                                                            technique, I'm sorry to say), others seemed almost manic with their
                                                            efforts to appear happy and sooo full of Spirit. All this did was
                                                            creep me out and I KNEW that I wasn't going to get any answers from
                                                            these people.

                                                            The next logical step in my mind was to check out the internet.<SMILE>
                                                            I quickly found these "anti-eck" sites and spent several weekends
                                                            exploring every link and site that I could find. When I first learned
                                                            the truth, I was shocked and hurt but also fascinated. I'll admit, I
                                                            was also angry! But, because of these sites, I felt the comfort of not
                                                            being alone, I enjoyed the humor shared and was able to forgive myself
                                                            for being taken in by such a scam.

                                                            I thank Prometheus, Sharon, Liz, Mish, Alf and all of the other great
                                                            posters on these sites. HUGS to you all! I don't think that I would
                                                            have worked through this as quickly or as well without your help.
                                                            THANK YOU!!

                                                            I didn't join out of anger, revenge or hatred. Quite the opposite.
                                                            I joined because I want to help those who will follow and are now
                                                            where we all once were.

                                                            I don't consider these "anti-eck" sites but rather as a source of
                                                            TRUTH. These sites would not be needed if ekult was not a sham and HK
                                                            would tell the truth. People are being hurt and balance is needed.

                                                            Thanks for listening.

                                                            Have Fun!

                                                            Kaye