Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Peddar Zaskq vs. Paul Twitchell

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 28, 2008

      Etznab wrote:
         Just tonight I skimmed through it looking to learn
      whether it gave any history about who was the Living
      Eck Master then. The last paragraph of the Forward by
      Paul Twitchell mentions Rebazar Tarzs "... who was then
      the MAHANTA, the Living ECK Master." That is a little
      curious though, IMO,

      ...  Not so curious, recall eckankar claims RT is over 500 yrs old!

         In The Drums of ECK book, there was another ECK
      Master mentioned: "Juquila, the ECK Master of the
      Ancient Order of Vairagi ...." [p. 218, 1978 4th Printing]
      This was someone who the woman Sarita was close to.
      On p. 73 the names Rebazar Tarzs and Juquila are both
      illustrated in a way that looks like Sarita knew both of
      them. However, in the book, Peddar Zaskq seems to be
      guided mostly by Rebazar Tarzs. At the end of the book
      Sarita and Blake are married by Juquila in a ceremony
      that "almost" reads like an initiation, IMO.

      ...  Just thought I would point out, this wedding in TDOE is what was first used during eck weddings back in the day before eck weddings were recognized and legal  (one I witnessed in 1977 at a broken bow camp / seminar)

         I didn't see Juquila mentioned any place else, or in
      the Eckankar Dictionary. My suspicion though is that
      the term "Eck Master", and how it was used in the be-
      ginning of the writings, was comparable to the Spiritual
      Travelers, of which there were more than one at a time.

      ... PT was using "spiritual traveler / seek / stranger by the river types....  way before he elevated himself to the grand poo baa  Mahanta.  I get the feeling PT was using / checking out lots of history books at the library where Gail was employed.  I also see many different "spins" to his PZ / PT stories, some taken from Christian paths, and even Buddhist  (think Dalai Lama).

      "Dalai Lama
      In Tibetan Buddhism, the successive Dalai Lamas form a lineage of allegedly reborn (tulku) magistrates which traces back to 1391. They are of the Gelug sect of Buddhism. Tibetan Buddhists believe the Dalai Lama to be one of innumerable incarnations of AvalokiteŇõvara ("Chenrezig" [spyan ras gzigs] in Tibetan), the bodhisattva of compassion.

      He is often styled "His Holiness" (HH) before his title.

      The bodhisattva who is the reincarnation of Avalokiteshvara , a.k.a. Chenrezig , the bodhisattva of Compassion. He is a single being who has been reincarnated 14 times as the Dalai Lama. See also lama . The Dalai Lama has always been a combination the chief spiritual leader and the chief political leader of Tibet.

      ... RT was / is a great Tibetan Master....  Wonder why HH never mentions him?

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 28, 2008
        In a message dated 4/28/08 12:39:36 AM Central Daylight Time, prometheus_973@... writes:

        Do you have a copy of "Difficulties of Becoming
        the Living ECK Master" because Twit makes it
        all as clear as mud!?

        There are excerts from 1971 Mystic World articles
        beginning on page 250 from April-May-June
        and pages 251-253 from July-August-September
        that discuses Peddar Zaskq.

           Yeah, I got that.

           The 17th century would have been the 1600s. The
        life of Peddar Zaskq in The Drums of ECK was in the
        19th century.

           Like I said before, I think it's a good question about
        the history of "Peddar Zaskq". The written history is
        suspect, IMO, and warrants further research to sort
        out the true from the false. At least, that is the way it
        looks to me right now.

        Etznab

        **************
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 28, 2008
          In a message dated 4/28/08 7:35:21 AM Central Daylight Time, ewickings@... writes:

          ...  Just thought I would point out, this wedding in TDOE is what was first used during eck weddings back in the day before eck weddings were recognized and legal  (one I witnessed in 1977 at a broken bow camp / seminar)

             Thanks for sharing that history I was (until now) not aware of.

          Etznab

          **************
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 28, 2008
            Hi All,
            It is interesting that PT claims Rebazar Tarzs
            (RT) Was or Is Still a Tibetan Lama who is also
            500 years old! Yet, the Dali Lama has never
            mentioned Rebazar Tarzs' name! Why? Because
            it's more fiction by Twitchell!

            "But it is a FACT that his (PT's) Master Rebazar Tarzs,
            an ancient Tibetan lama, who appears in his early
            forties, was a young man when Columbus discovered
            America." [Difficulties of Becoming the Living ECK Master,
            pg. 250]

            It's, also, interesting to note that Rebazar "was a young
            man when Columbus discovered America." So, was RT
            an ECK Master as a young man?

            Did RT help Columbus on his (EK) mission to discover
            "protein" with Fubbi's influence, although, RT was just a
            "young man" at the time?

            And yes, it does look like Twit was slyly associating
            himself (Peddar) to be a past life EK Master, and from
            another incarnation. PT did this to further establish his
            lineage as a present day EK Master in his, then, current
            incarnation. This is similar to Buddhist beliefs! After all,
            PT's Master (Tibetan lama Rebazar) is Paul's fictitious link
            to verify these "facts."

            Prometheus