Re: Just wondering

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8 7:54 AM
      Hi, Non ekster and All!

      I liked your question and thought it was important!
      When we former eckists criticize the scamming wheelings
      and dealings of eckankar, I think our comments are more
      relevant having been there and done that. For myself, I
      don't like to own up to making mistakes such as falling
      for the scam of eckankar and wasting so much time and
      money, but I can do it easily enough anyway. I don't view
      myself as infallible or feel that my ego is like a runaway
      train that I can't admit mistakes.

      I think that many of the old time h.i. eckists have a huge
      problem with ego that prevents them from walking away
      from the scam. They'd feel too foolish. I think Prometheus
      mentioned ego in one of his recent posts. And then there
      are the chelas that have gone even beyond ego into the
      dimensions of deep delusion. They function in society
      well enough to stay out of the mental institutions, even
      maintain employment (but some seem to struggle at holding
      jobs which makes me suspect that their delusional behavior
      is a problem) and appear okay on the surface. When they
      begin to speak though--their spin on eckankar and the
      mahanta, well, then outsiders can see there is something
      not quite right. Because they feign being "nice" in order to
      try to lure others into eckankar (doing the mahanta's bidding),
      they are usually tolerated, but yet viewed skeptically.

      The U.S. is very tolerate of religion, so eckankar is a bit
      accepted as a "to each his own" religious belief system. Eckankar
      flies under the radar of public scrutiny because of its low
      membership and because it doesn't make a lot of noise! LOL!

      Yet, Klemp and Company are able to scam enough folowers
      to keep the coffers full and allow themselves a nice life.

      It doesn't matter so much about the deeply entrenched eckists,
      but if ESA can help some to leave the org and to keep others,
      newbies and younger members, from joining--well, I am
      very happy to state that I did some nutty things as a member
      of eckankar! : )

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster" <eckchains@...>

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8 10:54 AM
        Hi Mish, Non ekster, and All,
        I was thinking back about having Klemp's
        picture on my desk at work. Of course, people
        would naturally ask me (until word got out) who
        he was. I would reply, "he's my spiritual mentor
        and guide."

        After first saying this it occurred to me "How long
        would I need a spiritual guide?" I never really thought
        about how long it would/should take. I never set
        a time-limit or had a goal line. I used to have my
        very own spiritual insights and Self-reliance and inner
        nudges until I became attached and dependent on
        another's direction and approval... for everything!
        Now, everything good was attributed to the Mahanta
        and everything bad was on me and a spiritual test
        HK had designed for me, or was past life or present
        life karma!

        In the beginning, when I first joined EK and bought
        into the whole package, I didn't really understand
        the initiation treadmill. Later, I saw what it took
        for advancement (promotion) and it didn't have
        anything to do with Higher Consciousness! I paid
        attention, listened to and observed the H.I.s! And,
        the only thing that has really "changed" is, Now, there
        are many more hoops for ECKists to jump through!

        The Restrictions and the Guidelines and the Training
        and the Volunteering and the Monetary Donations
        have all been pointed out, in one way or another, as
        a necessary requirement for promotion in rank
        (a meaningless number).

        One has to be noticed by volunteering, taking the
        training(s), teaching classes, doing intros, be well
        versed in the EK dogma, and be able to demonstrate
        the EK teachings, supposedly, in everyday life. This
        actually means playing the role and being able to talk
        the talk and make friends with the RESA and those
        H.I.s who will approve of your initiation. Even after
        doing everything you can do the initiation usually
        comes down to the consciousness of the RESA (it
        varies widely) and how one's personality comes across.
        Yes, Higher initiation in Eckankar, today, has to do
        more with personality than many realize. Then again...
        one's "acts" weigh very heavy as well! It has nothing
        to do with a higher spiritual evolution! It's just learning
        how to play "as if" game of delusion! But, where does
        that get the True Seeker? Nowhere! EK's another game,
        another religion, another delay from knowing the TRUTH.

        When does the original Seeker finally become Free
        and Independent and No Longer Needs an EK Membership
        Card? ECKists will never See, Know, or Be their own Master-
        ship in this Lifetime!

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 15 2:48 PM
          Hello All,
          I just thought I'd bring this back up. After looking
          at a copy of the H.I. Letter sent to me I'm amazed
          to see that it has No spiritual value for H.I.s. It's
          mostly just testimonials and sales promotion of
          ECK materials.