Re: Klemp Distorts the Steps to God Realization

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hi L2eigh,

      Actually, it was long ago that I had first read the book, and that's
      why I'd like to re-read it knowing what I know now. I'm sure you're
      right that it's "crap" and I'm sure Flamma did have quite the ego!

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"
      <lgrif@m...> wrote:

      > <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Ingrid,
      I'm glad you liked the review, but there's more in "Child" that I'll
      have to point out later. The Tom Flamma thing is interesting. I
      wonder why Klemp stopped printing his book "Metaphysics: A Bridge to
      ECKANKAR" since HK seems to have liked and respected Tom?

      > Hi Prometheus:
      I think that the reason the book was deep sixed was that
      it was complete crap. Do you remember it? Do you remember Tom? Talk
      about egos... holy mackeral.
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
        Hi Liz,

        Yes I believe that her name was An(it)ya Foos. Remember that book of
        Paul's "Anitya, Coins of Gold?" Now, that was real crap!

        Prometheus

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Greg and Liz
        <whitefeatherliz@y...> wrote:
        > Tom Flamma spoke here in our wee town in MI I believe it was in
        1971. He spoke at our community college, and so impressed my mother
        with his visions and claims of knowing her in a past life, also
        listing off some of her "important, higher than thou" past lives.
        I believe it was Anya Foos (sp?) that spoke with Tom at the talk.
        I was just 11 at the time so I wasn't in attendance, but would have
        been completely mesmerized if given the chance.

        > Anyway, Did you know he was nearly blind? I thought that was
        interesting at the time, and was impressed that he may not have had
        very good outer sight but excellent inner sight (what a load of
        crap!)

        > I also heard that he left eckankrap before he died, but I could be
        wrong.... maybe the reason Klump deep sixed the book? Or maybe it
        was because he didn't like the fact Tom had more "Master type"
        experiences and was far more knowledgeable than him!!!!!
      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
          Hi Prometheus,

          > Yes I believe that her name was An(it)ya Foos. Remember that book of
          > Paul's "Anitya, Coins of Gold?" Now, that was real crap!

          Yes, we had that at home - I don't think I ever read it! When we left,
          it took the way all other eck books took - right into the trash can! :-
          )

          Ingrid
        • l2eigh
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
            Hi Prometheus:
            Actually the Anitya (however it's spelled) was written
            by Helen Baird, or at least illustrated by her. Coins of Gold was
            something else. Poetry Paul wrote years pre-Eckankar, self-published,
            and sent around to various places. One was still in the University of
            New Mexico Library in the mid '70s and the last time I checked on it
            on-line it was still there. Sort of a golden yellow booklet with a
            black inked cover illustration of an open pitate's chest full of
            coins on a tiny island with a palm tree.

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 4, 2005
              Hi L2eigh,

              I'm sure you're correct about those crappy poems by Twitch
              in, "Coins of Gold." This book was also sold at seminars and Eck
              centers and my copy was tossed or lost years ago.

              It could be that Helen Baird (I miss her!) did the illustrations in
              the book "Anitya," but Twitchell is given credit for having written
              the book. And, it is interesting how PT came up with the title isn't
              it! Anya Foos = An(It)ya = "Anitya"

              Prometheus

              EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"