Re: Klemp Distorts the Steps to God Realization

  • l2eigh
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 30, 2005
      Hi Liz:
      ...was nearly blind. Yeah, well, he was blind part of his
      life. Went blind, and then years down the road his sight came back.
      Although, as you say, needed help with corrective lenses (glasses).
      He had a lot of stories about himself, what he had experienced and
      why. As a person, he was just a person to me, but I couldn't get
      anywhere near the idea of him as an authority figure, knowledgable,
      with knowledge that could be relied on. He was something of a cult
      figure within himself, in his own right. I mean, he had groupies who
      thought he was the greatest thing... His "book" wasn't published for
      some time after he died. The manuscript went to Eckankar and for a
      long time it just held onto it, kept it. At one point I wrote in to
      ask if they were ever going to publish it. I was curious as to what
      it would say. Eventually the decision was to publish it. I think... I
      don't know why. As to leaving Eckankar... I don't think so. Not so
      long before his death he was made one of the first ever eighth
      initiates. Then, as I say, his "book" went from his estate to
      Eckankar. I have to say I found him an "interesting" person. (A
      little qualification there because he was a little too wild and far
      out (a lot, really) for me.)

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Greg and Liz
      <whitefeatherliz@y...> wrote:
      > Tom Flamma spoke here in our wee town in MI I believe it was in
      1971. He spoke at our community college, and so impressed my mother
      with his visions and claims of knowing her in a past life, also
      listing off some of her "important, higher than thou" past lives. I
      believe it was Anya Foos (sp?) that spoke with Tom at the talk. I
      was just 11 at the time so I wasn't in attendance, but would have
      been completely mesmerized if given the chance.

      > Anyway, Did you know he was nearly blind? I thought that was
      interesting at the time, and was impressed that he may not have had
      very good outer sight but excellent inner sight (what a load of
      crap!)

      > I also heard that he left eckankrap before he died, but I could be
      wrong.... maybe the reason Klump deep sixed the book? Or maybe it
      was because he didn't like the fact Tom had more "Master type"
      experiences and was far more knowledgeable than him!!!!!

      > l2eigh <lgrif@m...> wrote:
      > --- <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
      > > The Tom Flamma thing is interesting. I wonder why Klemp stopped
      printing his book "Metaphysics: A Bridge to ECKANKAR" since HK seems
      to have liked and respected Tom?

      > Hi Prometheus:
      > I think that the reason the book was deep sixed was
      that it was complete crap. Do you remember it? Do you remember Tom?
      Talk about egos... holy mackeral.
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2 11:28 AM
        Hi L2eigh,

        Actually, it was long ago that I had first read the book, and that's
        why I'd like to re-read it knowing what I know now. I'm sure you're
        right that it's "crap" and I'm sure Flamma did have quite the ego!

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "l2eigh"
        <lgrif@m...> wrote:

        > <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:
        > > Hi Ingrid,
        I'm glad you liked the review, but there's more in "Child" that I'll
        have to point out later. The Tom Flamma thing is interesting. I

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2 11:34 AM
          Hi Liz,

          Yes I believe that her name was An(it)ya Foos. Remember that book of
          Paul's "Anitya, Coins of Gold?" Now, that was real crap!

          Prometheus

          <whitefeatherliz@y...> wrote:
          > Tom Flamma spoke here in our wee town in MI I believe it was in
          1971. He spoke at our community college, and so impressed my mother
          with his visions and claims of knowing her in a past life, also
          listing off some of her "important, higher than thou" past lives.
          I believe it was Anya Foos (sp?) that spoke with Tom at the talk.
          I was just 11 at the time so I wasn't in attendance, but would have
          been completely mesmerized if given the chance.

          > Anyway, Did you know he was nearly blind? I thought that was
          interesting at the time, and was impressed that he may not have had
          very good outer sight but excellent inner sight (what a load of
          crap!)

          > I also heard that he left eckankrap before he died, but I could be
          wrong.... maybe the reason Klump deep sixed the book? Or maybe it
          was because he didn't like the fact Tom had more "Master type"
          experiences and was far more knowledgeable than him!!!!!
        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 2 12:46 PM
            Hi Prometheus,

            > Yes I believe that her name was An(it)ya Foos. Remember that book of
            > Paul's "Anitya, Coins of Gold?" Now, that was real crap!

            Yes, we had that at home - I don't think I ever read it! When we left,
            it took the way all other eck books took - right into the trash can! :-
            )

            Ingrid
          • l2eigh
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 2 1:44 PM
              Hi Prometheus:
              Actually the Anitya (however it's spelled) was written
              by Helen Baird, or at least illustrated by her. Coins of Gold was
              something else. Poetry Paul wrote years pre-Eckankar, self-published,
              and sent around to various places. One was still in the University of
              New Mexico Library in the mid '70s and the last time I checked on it
              on-line it was still there. Sort of a golden yellow booklet with a
              black inked cover illustration of an open pitate's chest full of
              coins on a tiny island with a palm tree.

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 4 5:16 PM
                Hi L2eigh,

                I'm sure you're correct about those crappy poems by Twitch
                in, "Coins of Gold." This book was also sold at seminars and Eck
                centers and my copy was tossed or lost years ago.

                It could be that Helen Baird (I miss her!) did the illustrations in
                the book "Anitya," but Twitchell is given credit for having written
                the book. And, it is interesting how PT came up with the title isn't
                it! Anya Foos = An(It)ya = "Anitya"

                Prometheus

                EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"