Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] ECKANKAR Is A Copy Of Other Lower Plane Reli...

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2008
      Prometheus,

         What I find most amazing is how much of what is taught
      today, it was also around yesterday.

         In the illustrations you gave on Vedanta and the Hindu
      paths, I saw a lot of good wisdom. Useful information, in
      other words. At the same time, it never ceases to amaze
      me how much of what is considered "new" is, in fact, new
      only for people who seem to witness it for the first time.
      I'm not saying I think you witnessed those teachings for
      the first time just recently. But for people who encounter
      these things for the first time, it could seem as though
      they only existed in one place. In one religion, etc.  But
      the more I look back at history I find a lot more than what
      I thought people knew. It helps me to learn more myself.

         What I mean is, with the technology available today, a
      person has a better chance of looking at what teachers
      said in the past, and the ways they said it. There is, as
      you have pointed out, a better chance of looking at what
      different schools of thought share in common today.

         The more I read, the more I realize how ignorant I was
      about the intelligence of others in the past. Or what I
      thought that other people and other religions believed.

         Thanks for sharing those quotes.

      Etznab

      (http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp00300000002548)