A matter of faith.

  • abunjoroge
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2008
      Eckankar owes its origin largely to Surat Shabd Yoga. I am
      familiar with its teachings. It is the Yoga of the Audible Life
      Stream. I know God exists, and I strongly believe that He has
      unlimeted ways of manifesting itself to those who seek him. I also
      believe that if the uninitiated met Anami Purusha, while still
      covered with the dross of this world, they would become mentally
      unbalanced. This is one reason many eastern paths claim when the
      seeker is ready the Guru/Master will appear. I know thier are
      many athiests in the world. That is alright, because God loves all.
      For those that dont believe,be free for choice is one of the
      greatest gifts in life. I have read Julian Johsons book The Path of
      the Masters. I also have read the Shariyat numerous times. I have
      also read the Gita,Koran,the Bible both King James and Catholic
      version. Paul Twitchels unauthorized use of J. Johnsons book, did
      not effect my faith in God,Although it did effect my faith in man.
      Many religions outgrow thier usefulness. In the new Testament Jesus
      once said "The eye is the lamp of the body If thine eye be
      single,Thy whole body shall be full of light. He spoke of the third
      eye that looks within. No minister will touch this verse, because
      they dont understand it. Many times Jesus spoke of himself in the
      third person, as if he spoke of someone else. The bible says flesh
      and blood can not inherit the kingdom of God. Yet many beleive the
      physical body gets resurrected. He never wanted to be worshiped
      either. He simply said follow me. Who am I? Am I Eckist,
      Unitarian,or Gnostic Christian? I am soul.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2008
        Hello,
        I find your comments interesting and would like to
        respond with my views of Eckankar and other religions.

        abunjoroge wrote:

        "Eckankar owes its origin largely to Surat Shabd Yoga. I am
        familiar with its teachings. It is the Yoga of the Audible Life
        Stream. I know God exists, and I strongly believe that He has
        unlimeted ways of manifesting itself to those who seek him."

        ME: Eckankar owes its origin to Twitchell copying "The Path of
        the Masters" which is based upon the religions of Radhasoami
        and Ruhani Satsang which also have the belief in Surat Shabd
        Yoga.

        "I also believe that if the uninitiated met Anami Purusha, while
        still covered with the dross of this world, they would become
        mentally unbalanced. This is one reason many eastern paths
        claim when the seeker is ready the Guru/Master will appear."

        ME: A seeker or Soul doesn't need to be "initiated" by a fake
        Master or any Guru/Master to discover enlightenment or to
        maintain balance. These mini-masters like Klemp have no
        special powers in which to intercede with protection or
        anything else. Some do have more experience with "inner"
        experiences than the average person, but much of that
        experience is of a personal nature and is specific for that
        individual Soul and Its karma. It is not always to be shared
        as a generic/universal teaching (religion) and is never to
        become a lifelong codependent relationship.

        "I know thier are many athiests in the world. That is alright,
        because God loves all."

        ME: That is your belief, but isn't it second guessing God?!
        Your probably right, (to a degree) but when do people stop
        putting words into the mouth of God! See, this is one of the
        major things wrong with all religions. The faithful believers
        try to impose (sometimes with laws) their own personal
        beliefs and feelings onto others. BTW-Eckankar sees "God"
        as a 2nd or 4th Plane God which is Kal (Satan).

        "For those that dont believe, be free for choice is one
        of the greatest gifts in life. I have read Julian Johsons
        book The Path of the Masters. I also have read the
        Shariyat numerous times. I have also read the Gita,
        Koran, the Bible both King James and Catholic version."

        ME: I too have read these and the Srimad Bhagavatam
        and the Vedas. And, there are way more accurate Bibles
        than the King James Version.

        "Paul Twitchels unauthorized use of J. Johnsons book,
        did not effect my faith in God, Although it did effect my
        faith in man."

        ME: Yes, it affected my faith in Paul Twitchell, the conman, too!
        Especially, after I verified what Ford Johnson had said in
        "Confession of a God Seeker" with "The Path of the Masters."

        "Many religions outgrow thier usefulness."

        ME: True, except it is best when the seeker outgrows
        them all! Eckankar is just another religion to outgrow!

        "In the new Testament Jesus once said "The eye is the lamp
        of the body If thine eye be single, Thy whole body shall be
        full of light. He spoke of the third eye that looks within."

        ME: There are also references of reincarnation and many other
        things were taken out of the Bible around 500 A.D. at the Council
        of Naccal. Many Religious texts have been altered over time.
        The Shariyats of Eckankar had the word "Mahanta" replace
        the word "Master" and other references. Remember too, the
        Third-Eye is the 6th Astral Plane Chakra and Klemp states
        in his Autobiography (pg.385) that most religions are 4th
        Plane and some 2nd Plane. However, Eckankar has used an
        Astral Plane Chakra (Third-Eye) for 40 years to meet with
        their Mahanta via his "light body" on the inner Astral Plane.

        "No minister will touch this verse, because they dont understand
        it. Many times Jesus spoke of himself in the third person, as if
        he spoke of someone else."

        ME: If one sees himself being both Soul and man while going
        back and forth then I can see the third person reference. Out
        of Body experiences can also become very confusing and even
        pathogenic. Besides, the Catholic Church is very Mental Plane
        with its complex dogma and, thus, beyond the Third-Eye
        Astral Plane Chakra of Eckankar.

        "The bible says flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom
        of God. Yet many beleive the physical body gets resurrected.
        He never wanted to be worshiped either. He simply said follow
        me. Who am I? Am I Eckist, Unitarian,or Gnostic Christian?
        I am soul."

        ME: I wouldn't put too much belief in what any Bible has to
        say about anything. As Soul we can create our own personal
        Bible that is specific to Us as Soul. There is no need for a
        middleman Mahanta/Guru/Master when We who can truly
        see with our own eyes are all of this and more!