Light and sound?

  • smokeycatherwood
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2008
      Hello Survivors

      I have been reading your posts. I am glad that you have survived
      Eckankar. I am curious what was it for you that started you on your
      journey out the door? What took you in to it. Have you replaced this in
      your life? How do you understand God today? I have tried several times
      over the years to reach my step sister who is in Eckankar without much
      success. She is pretty deeply ingrained in this. For all of the talk of
      "light and sound" She seems to be in a pretty dark place. I
      wouldn't describe Eck as bringing anything near light to her life.
      Maybe Paranoia. Have you any ideas that you can share with me? I would
      appreciate any help you could give me.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2008
        Hello,
        Yes, we have survived Eckankar, as well as, our own
        misdirected need to have someone placed above us
        to follow. After 30 plus years ECKists are no better
        off (except due to their own common experiences via
        normal growth patterns) than when they joined their
        EK religious club.

        What started me, or caused me to take my journey out
        the EK door?

        Well, I have to give credit to the book written by former
        EK spokesperson, 7th Initiate, and RESA- Ford Johnson.
        "Confessions of a God Seeker" was a real eye opener!

        However, even before reading this book I observed, for
        years, that ECK High Initiates weren't all that loving,
        aware, kind, compassionate, empathetic, truthful, or
        had the higher consciousness that their "initiation level"
        was supposed to indicate. Therefore, how could there
        be an "inner" awareness and communication of and by
        an "Inner Master?!" If there was then the Trainings,
        Meetings, Instructions, etc. would occur on the "Inner
        Planes" rather than on the "Outer," and there wouldn't
        be the misunderstandings... all H.I.s would be on the
        "same page" with their LEM/Mahanta, ESC, RESA. Also,
        Klemp, via the LEM/Mahanta definition, claims to be
        more advanced in consciousness than any other human
        or Soul! Yet, HK's writings can't even equal (let alone
        surpass) that of Mark Twain's or Rumi's!

        So, What have I replaced Eckankar with and How do
        I understand God today?

        At first there was a painful void, but then the removal
        of stress (no more Vahana, Leadership requirements, etc.)
        I experienced a freedom and clarity of mind and self, plus,
        Soul-Realization, beyond that of those all of those Eckankar
        years! This, then, started to fill the void. Before too long
        my cup began to runneth over as I became my own Master!
        Also, I experienced a contentment that was beyond words.
        Now, I'm more use to it, but it still amazes me at times
        and seems to broaden my perspectives and insights into
        my Soul Reality.

        IMO- All religions are bogus and for, mostly, the weak
        the needy and the lonely. Most people need a belief system
        to alleviate their fears and pains they face daily or with
        future pain and suffering, as well as, impending death.
        Religious (mental) belief gives hope, a philosophy of life,
        answers questions (although a "Leap of Faith" is usually
        necessary) and this produces faith and trust via the mind's
        ability to imagine and this reduces the effects of daily
        stressors.

        However, religions are run by organizations, corporations,
        governments, groups and Boards, and individuals. These
        Religious Leaders are a mixed bag of worms. They are:
        mini-masters; holier than thou do-gooders; ego driven
        narcissists; greedy, insensitive, delusional, and anti-social
        people; frauds and conmen. They look to control and mislead
        the masses for their own personal egotistical benefit.

        Sorry for the rant.

        I do believe in SPIRIT and SOUL and, therefore, a CREATOR
        of All That Is and Isn't... the manifest and the unmanifest...
        However, I don't really "understand" this Force or "God" or
        Whatever. I'm just looking, listening, thinking, feeling, being.
        I'm noticing more "between-the-lines" as it were. What's said
        and what's Not said in (my) society and the World as a whole...
        a Unity/Universal Consciousness kind of view with a Spiritual
        Freedom of Soul (Self-Mastery) approach. BTW- I, also, don't
        need a weatherman to tell me that it's raining!

        As far as telling your sister something to help her
        to Wake Up... you could suggest that she pay more
        attention to and look at the words and behaviour of
        the ECK Higher Initiates more closely.

        Ask her Why Klemp instructs ECKists Not to use their
        minds and to "surrender" their freedom of thought
        [12/2007 The Wisdom Notes, The Mystic World].

        Why, too, are questions discouraged and ECKists
        are directed to find the answer on the "inner." But,
        a HERE & NOW "inner" answer via of a dream, a
        knowingness, etc. has to comply with the limiting
        written Eckankar teachings/belief.

        This Written, Mental Plane Dogma, of the Physical
        Plane is, also, found in the Astral Plane Library and
        is established on the Causal (3rd) Plane (due to it
        being in the PAST and of a timeline where both
        World and ECK Consciousness was Lower)!

        Even "current" spoken and written instructions/teachings
        are Lower, Mental, Plane. Inner "Higher Plane" EK teachings
        cannot be verified, unless, one imagines it to be so. This
        is, also, unreliable (according to Klemp's response) even
        when using "charged" words like HU! Graham Forsyth found
        this out the hard way [See Confessions of a God Seeker].
        This is no different than it is with other religions where
        the "Leader" needs to APPROVE of one's "spiritual experience."

        IMO- I would ask your sister if she would like to read
        Ford's book "Confessions of a God Seeker" because it
        has a lot of verifiable Eckankar history! And, if she said
        Yes, she'd like to read it, then, maybe you should consider
        buying it for her and having it mailed to her. Or, buy it
        for yourself first... read it... and then pass it on to your
        sister.

        You can also tell her that even if she doesn't believe
        everything in the book, especially Part Four (Ford's
        philosophy), there are still things concerning the early
        origins and workings of Eckankar that every ECKist should
        read and have in their library for reference.

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2008
          Hello!

          Thanks for your post with your questions. I'll try to respond
          to them with perhaps an additional comment or two.

          As for what got me out of eckankar, it was the revelation of
          the lies and deceptions clearly pointed out in Ford Johnson's
          book "Confessions of a God Seeker." I was open to the truth
          about eckankar's dirty past because I was not really comfortable
          with the teachings. There was unease brought about by obvious
          contradictions, but when with a group of fellow eckists (same in
          any faith, too), who don't seem bothered by it, it is easy to
          follow the crowd! We all do it from time to time, as it is so much
          easier to go with the "current" than against it, isn't it? But then
          following the crowd can cause another kind of problem--namely
          going against one's gut feelings--which then can lead to all kinds
          of uncomfortable symptoms, like stomach aches, headaches, etc.
          I had those it seemed about every time I participated at eckankar
          functions: worship services, seminars, workships, satsang, all of it.
          Of course, eckists explain this unease and discomforts as suffering
          "spiritual indigestion!" In other words, a chela is moving too fast along
          the path and must slow down! There are all kinds of explanations as to
          why 2 plus 2 doesn't add up to 4 in eckankar. Furthermore, if one asks
          questions that would point out the contradictions and the deceptions,
          that is completely discouraged and frowned upon--one is often
          challenged not to throw the baby out with the bath water and also
          one would be chastised for not being spiritually advanced enough
          to understand how those all important inner teachings work. People
          are told to go within for answers and other catch phrases are
          taught as responses in order to detract seekers from the truth. One
          has to believe lies in order to attain higher consciousness!! See what
          a fantastic contradiction that is!!! But yet followers of eckankar
          continue to tolerate all of this. I guess it comes down to how
          delusional one is willing to be as to who stays in the teachings and
          who leaves.

          As to what took me to eckankar? It was a series of events at
          a time when I was recovering from some personal trauma and
          loss. My life was in a great state of change, so I was open to
          something new. I didn't really seek it, though, it just came about
          when I met someone who was a member of eckankar. Also, I was
          not hooked on any religion at the time, as when I was a "christian"
          I was not fully comfortable in that religious skin either. I always
          felt on the outside. So I guess the opportunity to try eckankar
          was appealing for me--I thought it might be the missing link
          needed to satisfy my spiritual belief system that was a bit of a
          puzzle for me. Well, I think it is all a puzzle, really, because
          when will any of us fully know the Truth??

          As for my understanding God today? I do believe in something
          greater than myself and feel a certain protection in that there is so much
          good in this world because of This Presence. I believe in the synchronicity
          of all things in life and how things can work themselves out for a greater
          good if one is open to this flow. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but
          rather I see life continues and changes in according to our
          actions and reactions. Life goes on--it keeps creating and that for the
          most part, we live in a beautiful place. I do not view this life/world
          as the ash can of the universe--to me that is an insult to our Higher
          Self and a way of bringing negative beliefs into our minds in order to
          control us via these sham man-made religions, like eckankar and all
          others.

          As to how you might help your step sister, that is tough, because
          unless she is open to listen to the truth, I'm not sure you can do
          much for her. However, I do think that Prometheus' suggestions
          about getting a copy of Ford Johnson's book "Confessions of a
          God Seeker" is a good one. Also, you might encourage her to do
          research on the Internet--finding these alternative sites as you have.
          Of course, Klemp has tried to keep his eckists off the internet by
          making up his fake EMR disease. This has stalled many eckists
          from reading info like what is presented on this site. The
          moment an eckist starts to read these things, he/she usually starts to
          feel ill and will then believe it is EMR disease that has caused this, so
          he/she will shut the computer and their minds off! They withdraw
          further into the delusion that makes eckankar work for them.

          BTW, I want to add that among other contradictory and cruel
          behavior I observed in eckists, especially higher initiates who
          should have been positive and loving examples, was a personal
          experience I had with my local director, a 7th inititiate. When I
          questioned and challenged an eck vahana mission, this local
          director would not reply--but rather he ignored/shunned me. I was
          the public information coordinator, but because I was a lower initiate
          at the time, the local director and another h.i. consulted between themselves
          as to what books would be purchased and promoted without including me
          in this decision. Since HK at the time had a new book he wanted circulated,
          I expressed in an email the importance of buying that book as well--
          commenting that HK would not have published it if he didn't want us to
          circulate it. Plus, it was clearly stated at a public information workshop I
          had attended that this was precisely what HK wanted us to do. Yet, my input
          and knowledge was not wanted as the local director's response to me was to
          send back that he had received my email, without any comments or reply
          included; nor, did he ever approach me with an answer in person either. I
          was basically ignored after that and only tolerated with in the group.
          How unloving is that, not to mention the arrogance of treating another like
          that? Where was the higher consciousness and Divine Love of this 7th initiate?
          This really demonstrates how bogus eckankar is and how fake those initiations
          are. There were other experiences as well-- this sort of behavior towards others
          in the group is one of many huge red flags that many eckists are willing to
          overlook as they cling to the teachings! But why belong to an org that
          promotes such callous and cruel behavior towards others, especially its
          members? Just watch what eckists do vs what they say--the
          contradictions are clearly evident and actually can be devastating
          to those who suffer doubts about themselves--therein is the harm
          of all their nuttiness! It trickles down insidiously from the top, it comes
          from HK's words and actions. So, yes, Ford Johnson's book explained a lot in
          why I found eckankar so troubling and unsettling while I was a member.

          Thanks for your post! I hope this helps answer your questions.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 21, 2008
            Hello All,
            It's true! Most Eckists, basically, don't want to
            go there (to discover the real Truth). Nor do they
            try to figure out just How and What Paul said about
            EK history (myth & fiction) actually fits with real
            facts and truth.

            Most ECKists, now, blindly accept and follow what they
            are told as a "Leap of Faith" just like the rest of the world
            does with other religions. The emphasis, at one time, for
            ECKists was on the "inner spiritual uncorrupted" teachings
            instead.

            But, as I pointed out, unless HK gives Outer Verbal
            or Written Approval of a chela's "uncorrupted spiritual
            teachings or experiences" then it is Not to be assumed
            that the "inner experience" was "uncorrupted" or of the
            ECK (it could be of the KAL).

            Afterall, 2nd Initiate Graham used a "charged" word
            and HUed during his inner experience where he met
            a Silent One and was given the Rod of ECK Power to
            hold very briefly (Confessions of a God Seeker). Klemp
            didn't approve of the "experience" (after the fact) and,
            therefore, it should Not have been "shared" by Graham
            with other ECKists.

            Chelas have to operate within certain limiting parameters
            regarding the outer EK hierarchy and EK dogma even when
            it involves Inner experiences! Let's face it, there are a lot
            of controls built into any and all religions. The leader is
            always the Top Dog and his power is never to be challenged!

            Anyway, Graham was, thus, demoted to a 1st Initiate
            for sharing his dream experience because HK felt that
            it was impossible for an ECK chela to experience this!
            Klemp, apparently, felt threatened by a 2nd Initiate and
            made a knee jerk reaction to punish him! Maybe HK should
            have just gently corrected Graham and brought him back
            on track (isn't that the Mahanta's job?). Really, HK could
            have asked Graham what lesson he thought was being
            taught to him by the Mahanta, or explained the lesson,
            or said that it was still the KAL, somehow, even by chanting
            HU!

            But, that gentle, tolerant, "divine love" approach didn't
            take place! Therefore, ECKists should be careful of what
            they "share" in their Stories, in Satsang, and especially
            in those Monthly Initiate Reports!

            People, in general, find it easier to stick their heads
            in the sand and trust their leaders. Look at history!

            Yes, Klemp wants ECKists to Surrender their Mental abilities
            to use logic, compare facts, to reason, and to preform critical
            thinking.

            Kirpal Singh was Paul Twitchell's true Master and Initiated
            him in 1955 on his first trip to the U.S.

            On Kirpal's second trip to the U.S. in 1963 he Initiated Gail
            Twitchell.

            {CHECK THE LINKS PAGE FOR MORE PT/HK INFO}

            Even Klemp admits that Twitchell was trying to get his
            Tiger's Fang manuscript back from Kirpal around 1966!

            Why is it, then, that Twitchell claims he first met Rebazar
            in 1947 ["Difficulties Of Becoming The Living ECK Master"
            (pg. 70)].

            Klemp claims, on Eckankar.org, that Twitchell first met
            Rebazar in 1951.

            Of course all of PT's/HK's B.S. is untrue. Why would Twitchell
            have Gail initiated in 1963 by Kirpal and Why does PT send
            Kirpal his "The Tiger's Fang" manuscript during this same
            time frame? Sudar Singh was a pseudo name PT gave for
            Kirpal Singh. Kirpal didn't like the 'exaggerations' that Paul
            used in "The Tiger's Fang." Remember, Klemp mentions too
            (on Eckankar.org) that at age 27 (1935) Twitchell was
            "exaggerating" to get in Who's Who in Kentucky.

            [BTW-Klemp gives Twitchell's birth year as 1908 on the
            copyright page of the Shariyat Books 1&2]

            Also, here's another EK contradiction. PT's creation
            of the "Mahanta" was first mentioned (in print) on
            Jan.1, 1969 in the monthly mailing to chelas of
            "The Wisdom Notes."

            The "Mahanta" is a 14th (Plane) Initiate. However, SUGMAD
            resides on the 10th Plane the Anami Lok. [pg.9, Eckankar
            Lexicon]

            Here's something that's interesting. The female EK Master
            Kata Daki (KD) was created by PT 9 years after the death of,
            and in the memory of, Twitchell's sister Kay-Dee (KD).

            On page 20 of "The Key to ECKANKAR" PT has channeled
            Rebazar Tarzs and has RT saying, "Don't you remember
            when, after her death, Kay-Dee appeared before you
            with a horse? She said, 'Yes, Paul, animals are Souls.
            They are with us in this world, and we enjoy them
            constantly.' That settled in your mind some questions
            which had been pestering you."

            So! What's interesting here is that Rebazar, basically,
            confirms that Kay-Dee is an ECK Master and allows
            her to be the first one to instruct Paul that "animals
            are Souls" because these "questions... had been pestering"
            Paul.

            "The Key to ECKANKAR" was first written in 1968 and
            my copy is 1985. What's interesting is that Klemp wrote
            the introduction of my 1985 copy, but didn't edit it!
            Therefore, there is no mention of the Mahanta anywhere!
            Instead Paul uses the following terminology: ECK Gurus;
            the Godman; Sat Guru; Agent of God; Co-worker with God;
            the Masters of ECK; ECK Masters; the Master; spiritual
            travelers; the Living ECK Master, the Godman.

            Actually, Paul uses the term-"The Living ECK Master, the
            Godman" in several places! Interesting, that Rebazar and
            Yaubl Sacabi never mentioned the "Mahanta Consciousness"
            to Twitchell when he was, supposedly, a LEM 12th and 13th
            Initiate and "Mahanta" in training to be a "FULL" 14th Plane
            Mahanta in 1968!

            Twitchell decided to create the "Mahanta" position
            in Jan of 1969 in order to give himself absolute
            authority and credibility over all other religious
            leaders, icons and Gods. He, also, created an imagined
            "lineage" using real people's names at times or using
            a slight misspelling in order to give his fictional
            characters and stories the appearance of realism.

            It's no wonder, too, that many older writings of PT are
            no longer available. Those that are still available have
            had editing to dispel the Kirpal Singh, Radhasoami Sant Mat,
            Ruhani Satsang, and "The Path of the Masters" connection.

            But, all this aside... just remember what Klemp taught
            ECKists at the 10/2007 ECK World Wide Seminar....

            "RESTROOMS ARE UNISEX!" "Change is Change"

            And, most recently-
            "It's all about consciousness, it's all about love."

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 21, 2008
              Prometheus,

                 What is your take (or, anybody else) about the word MAHANTA
              appearing on page 10 of Letters to Gail Vol. One, 5th printing 1983?
              The date of that letter is December 6th, 1962. It was the first letter
              to Gail (far as I can tell).

                 If the term did not appear until 1969, or thereabouts, then what do
              you make of it appearing in a letter dated December 6, 1962?

                 Was it inserted after the fact? Along with the name Rebazar Tarzs?
              What do you think, or what do you know about this? Have you seen
              an earlier version of Letters to Gail where MAHANTA & Rebazar Tarzs
              do NOT appear in that first letter? Has anybody else? (I didn't come in
              to Eckankar until about 1987 and I haven't any early versions of those
              books.)

                 I've seen a version of this letter (on the net) where the name Rebazar
              Tarzs did not appear in that first letter. Also, I've seen it mentioned that
              the name Kirpal Singh was replaced with Sudar Singh in some of the
              letters to Gail.

                 The version I have says it was "Compiled by Gail A. Twitchell". And
              her signature appears on another page (before the Forward page by
              Paul) with a date of February 17, 1973.

                 Anybody can go to

              http://www.littleknownpubs.com/Dialog_Ch_Five.htm

              and do a page search for "Letters to Gail" to learn that revisions
              (apparently) were made to the Letters to Gail books.

              Etznab

              **************
              Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2008
                Hi Etznab and All,
                It's obvious that the original Letters to Gail
                was edited and "Mahanta" was inserted in
                later editions. This is also the case with the
                Shariyats.

                Therefore, nothing written by Twitchell
                prior to January 1, 1969 will have "Mahanta"
                mentioned... unless it was edited in a later
                printing.

                In the 1968 booklet "The Key to ECKANKAR"
                Twitchell hadn't yet created the "Vairagi Adepts"
                or the "Mahanta!" These terms are never mentioned.

                On page 10 of that same 1968 booklet Twitchell's
                alter ego, Rebazar, states to himself, "Because you
                are an agent of God, a Master in the ECKANKAR Spiritual
                Order..." Notice, that "The Ancient Order of Vairagi
                Adepts" had not been created as yet. The Eckankar
                scam was for years, and is still, a work in progress.
                Klemp just inherited the scam from Gross who inherited
                it from Gail/Paul.

                Really, WHY wouldn't this "Vairagi Order" or the "Mahanta"
                and the "Mahanta Consciousness" have been mentioned
                to Paul, by 1968, if Rebazar, Yabul, Lao Tze, and the other
                EK Masters were real?! Paul just made it all up while updating
                and editing it as he went along.

                Liars always trip over the truth because they can't remember
                all of those lies. That's, also, why liars like to use half-truths
                to make it all seem more believable. And, it's easier to talk
                one's way out of or around a half-truth.

                The Mahanta, afterall, is the master of all masters, and of
                all paradoxes. HK uses the title as a Catch-22 ploy. Both
                PT and HK created a good scam because how can anyone
                "Know" what the Mahanta "Knows!"

                Other than SUGMAD (and the ECK) Twit made himself (as
                the Mahanta) a really high Top Dog! Well, why go half way!
                This way he's higher up than the Pope, Jesus, Mohammed,
                Allah, etc. and higher than his Master Kirpal Singh.

                Klemp continues and reenforces the lies. Twit, actually,
                never planned upon dying so soon. Eckankar was not really
                intended to last more than 20 years. It was supposed to be
                Paul's retirement plan! That's why there was no replacement,
                chosen by Paul, (the LEM) waiting in the wings. And since
                Paul was Dead and Not the "Living" ECK Master it should
                have been Rebazar that chose Paul's successor, except,
                RT (PT) too was dead!

                What's really interesting from looking, again, at these old
                out-of-print books of Twitchell's is that I can see where
                Klemp gets some of his information and ideas for books
                and talks. I'll bet HK's paraphrased and copied much of it
                over the years and, of course, never gave credit to Paul.

                What goes around comes around! Besides, Gail did sell
                it all to ECKANKAR so Klemp has access to it all! I can
                understand WHY Klemp doesn't want to make this material
                accessible to ECKists today. Paul stole, plagiarized,
                paraphrased (borrowed & compiled) via his research
                some really good stuff that gets you to think about the
                spiritual. It, of course, has much more depth than
                anything Klemp has ever written. Klemp's no Julian P.
                Johnson, Rumi or Mark Twain... not even close! WHY?

                Prometheus