Is the EK Missionary Circus worth the effort?! :-)

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
      Hi Liz, Ingrid, and All,

      These HU-Chat ECKists are talking about having a
      Vahana (missionary) booth at the MN. State Fair this
      Summer and of the Missionary benefit of having the
      Republican National Convention in the Minneapolis area.

      However, Eckankar fits in better at Psychic "Wholistic" Fairs
      and with that sort of mindset with individuals.

      Still, the money spent on the EK booth and for the free
      EK materials (books, booklets, posters, etc.) and the problem
      with scheduling people for the booth (along with set-up
      and tear-down) really isn't worth the effort. When one looks
      at the numbers of new members brought in as a direct
      result of the EK booth it's not worth the cost!

      After all, ECKists have to realize that the Local Money used
      for these Vahana efforts isn't really theirs... it belongs to the
      Satsang Society and that money belongs to ECKANKAR.

      This is Why most State Satsang Societies will "donate"
      "excess" money (thousands of ($) dollars) back to the ESC
      instead of having a Regional Seminar etc. The results aren't
      worth it! This is, also, one reason Why Eckankar stopped traveling
      to other cities to have Major EK Seminars. Klemp wanted
      to create a bigger Circus Tent Show without the travel.
      This way ECKists can come to him and he doesn't have to
      show up or prepare (make the effort) as he once did.

      HK's like the Pope! And, he's there for life!

      Prometheus

      Elizabeth wrote:

      "with love in eck"

      LOL what a crock..... The eck circus will invade
      the political party, calling it vahana work for the jester.....
      I mean klempster.

      From: <name 4 removed>
      To: HU-Chat@yahoogroups .com
      Subject: RE: [HU-Chat] Political invasion

      Wonderful Vahana opportunities.

      With love in ECK

      <name 4 removed>
      HU-Chat@yahoogroups .com
      [HU-Chat] Political invasion

      I was just thinking about the "invasion"
      we are going to have late this summer.
      Besides the MN State Fair happening at
      that time (and causing no end of traffic
      problems, because the area I work in is
      essentially walking distance to the fair),
      St. Paul, MN, is going to be hosting the
      Republican National Convention.

      Can't remember where the Democrats are
      going to meet, but that town will be invaded,
      too... After Labor Day, the silence will be
      so loud we will have to cover our ears. LOL

      Love, <name 3 removed>

      --- In HU-Chat@yahoogroups .
      <name 2 removed>wrote:

      I just checked and then double checked.
      The professional, non-lay persons terminology
      would be "circus" as in the circus has come to
      town...<laughing>

      --- In HU-Chat@yahoogroups .com

      <name1 removed> wrote:

      Know what <name removed>... Charleston SC
      (where I live) is invaded today but I stayed at home.
      O.K., what would a new word be for political invasion?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
        Hi, All!

        I read recently on another eck site that the vahana mission
        isn't producing results--intros/book discussions in Texas and
        another state, I forget where, eckists said that potential newbies
        aren't biting/nibbling at their bait!

        The internet is really good in that those who hear about eckankar
        can do a search to find out more about what it is, and be able to
        make an informed decision. It would seem that the more informed,
        the least likely these explorers will become duped by these
        delusional vahanas!

        I find this statement arrogant for sure, but sadly it is based on
        ignorance and delusion:

        "Yes we go and give them a little wisdom. May be
        > they will save Themselves. Do we have a stand on
        > the State Fair."

        I just hope chelas/vahanas don't start going house to house in
        their desperate attempts to add new members to the eck roster!
        Eckists need to ask themselves why they will trouble themselves
        to do such vahana work? Missionary/vahana work is all selfish in
        my opinion, because the vahana is looking for his own reward--to
        get a better inside track to God, to gain higher initiation/status, etc.
        It really is selfish as well as extremely arrogant to think that eckists
        are giving "them", the unsuspecting, "a little wisdom."

        In the meantime, I wonder why I bother to post against eckankar?
        Just when I think I will stop, I realize that this is a mission to show the
        true side of the deceptions inherent in eckankar--we are drawing
        back the veil that conceals the truth. Having said this about eckankar,
        sadly, it is all applicable to other organized religions.

        One reason eckists will remain in eckankar, even though they know
        about the lies, is that they want to belong to something they feel is
        greater than themselves and since no religion is really "pure", they
        justify that eckankar works for them or is better than most. And
        even some of us who leave eckankar will look for another teaching or
        will create new heroes to admire and try to learn from. For me, the
        greatest lesson is not to put any person on a pedestal because our
        idols do fall--it can just get very crowded up there and too darn
        superficially competitive! : )

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
          I just wanted to add a few more comments.
          It's not easy for the Klempster to have his rules
          of behaviour followed since ECKists are "supposed"
          to be both free thinking individuals and Soul.

          How then does Klemp get Chelas to worship
          and follow "him" without question? Or, does HK
          get obedience Via the Fear of Questioning him or
          his Guidelines, Teachings, Reasons & Methods?
          Why are some things done or seen as they are,
          (over Soul's Insights) and Why can't an ECK Leader
          be truthful... the Law of Silence?

          After all, in Satsang, ECKists are allowed to have or
          share different, but Valid experiences and views.
          However, these views and insights Do Not always fit-in,
          or comply, in context to EK dogma, outside of Satsang!
          The real world of the Eckankar Org., on this Physical
          Plane, has its limitations with thoughts, words, actions,
          matter, and time (the Past and Future). This "time" factor
          (and its relevance to higher consciousness) is a Hinderance
          with the Lower Planes ECK Religion and with the "spiritual"
          publications of Eckankar's!

          Chelas' CURRENT Spiritual Insights (regardless of
          content) should be more relevant to higher consciousness
          (for them) than Lower Mental Plane: Guidelines; Zoas;
          Past Seminar Talks; Books and Articles; Past Discourses!

          Only those stories from chelas having Generic experiences
          and insights within the Limited EK Context (and weighing
          their "suck-up status" within the org) are approved and
          printed by Klemp.

          HK often reenforces and reminds ECKists of the
          EK Spiritual Hierarchy (SUGMAD, ECK, Mahanta, ECK
          Masters, RESAs, etc.) AND that HK is even the Same
          As or One with the "ECK," as well as, being the Mahanta!

          Yet, Klemp will often gloss over details and leave out
          specifics in his stories and articles. This, of course, leads
          to a lot of Assumptions and Second Guessing being made...
          which leads to more Confusion. And, this, also, leads to a
          lot of "busy work" being done via Trainings and/or Meetings
          to clean up the mess (confusion) Harry's made!

          But, this is good! It distracts ECKists and sorts out those
          who want to become EK Leaders! However, it also discourages
          people and has EK chelas doing their own "thing" outside
          of the RESA Hierarchy and Guidelines! But, this can be good
          in that chelas will spend more of their own money to take
          out Newspaper Ads and to rent those ECK Booths at the
          Psychic Fairs, etc. instead of relying on Satsang Society
          Funding. But, this can be bad because "qualified" chelas
          might be hard to find to work the Booth! Chelas should
          have updated and current Arahata/Vahana Training, unless,
          the RESA is passive or disorganized and has a loosely run
          Satsang Society. This is usually the case, unless, the RESA
          is very "hands on" and is highly organized, and has the time
          to dedicate. Even then, everything will eventually get screwed-
          up in one way or another. Another proof.. that Klemp isn't what
          he claims to be! There is neither outer or inner communication
          or higher consciousness involved. Eckankar is a disorganized
          mess and always has been!

          BTW- Isn't it a strange phenomena that many ECKists are
          LATE for EK trainings, Satsangs, intros, book discussions,
          the EWS, etc., etc.? It's Especially strange when H.I.s are
          usually listening to ECK Music, or to HK's talks, the HU-CD,
          or are HUing themselves while driving to these events!
          Why are ECKists STILL, and so often late?! Where's that
          "higher" Mahanta Connection? This is just more proof
          that it's Not there! It's imaginary! A delusion! ECKists
          Need to Wake Up and Smell the Green Tea!

          Prometheus
          p.s. I was thinking of another strange phenomena with
          ECKists. Aren't these seekers usually non-conformists?!
          Sure, I still am! Why then is a chela (SOUL) beaten down
          and placed in fear and forced to CONFORM with the Rules
          and Religious Dogma presented by an imaginary "spiritual"
          hierarchy? What ever happened to Spiritual Freedom? It's
          all talk and promises as one is brainwashed to value
          "initiations" over Truth!