Re: Fwd: Arahata Training

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 28, 2005
      <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

      Hello Ingrid and Mish,
      Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
      Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to enough
      meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically for
      those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
      just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those in
      support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries). Sometimes
      there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
      actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
      successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in the
      workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
      introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few inbetween,
      and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
      and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making up
      or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center of
      attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
      have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
      because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

      Prometheus

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 30, 2005
        Hi, Ingrid!

        I'm sorry I haven't posted my OBE yet, but I will eventually! I have
        a feeling that many unfortunately will be able to relate to the
        story.

        <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the
        reports,
        > I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It
        was
        > good that I stopped sending them I think.
        > >
        > > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this
        site.
        > > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
        > > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in
        leaving
        > > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically
        universal
        > > for us--we all woke up to the sham!
        >
        > Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
        > and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
        > have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater

      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
          Hello Prometheus and Mish,

          <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

          > Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
          > Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to
          enough
          > meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically
          for
          > those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
          > just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those
          in
          > support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries).

          We were at the Spiritual Skills Seminar 2003 in Washington. It was
          fun for us! We thought it was something new and exciting and we
          enjoyed it a lot. Of course now we know that those techniques are
          introduced only for recruitment and not for personal development.
          Seen from this point of view, it doesn't seem so attractive any more.

          Sometimes
          > there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
          > actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
          > successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in
          the
          > workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
          > introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few
          inbetween,
          > and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
          > and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making
          up
          > or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center
          of
          > attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
          > have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
          > because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

          In Washington, I met an eckist who was this type - very introverted
          and she didn't seem to have a great sense of humor. To me, it seemed
          as if she was drying out from the inside - and I thought once again
          how weird it was that Eckankar could attract such weird people! It
          was not for the first time I noticed that.

          I notice, too, that some ex-eckists haven't left Eckankar completely
          and never will. So, once again, we will have to be very, very
          careful to look for those old patterns inside ourselves.