Re: ECK H.I.s Lack "Consciousness" and "Love"

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
      Probably the most appalling part of the eck teachings is
      burdening chelas with guilt trips when things are going
      badly for them. There is little sympathy or understanding
      about problems that chelas have as they are taught that
      hardships are experiences they need to learn from. Even if
      a chela is raped, stalked, and more threatened, it seems that
      some eckists will not offer any help or be supportive other than
      to say that the chela brought this upon herself by the choices she
      made and that these are obvious experiences she needs in order
      to grow in consciousness. I guess cancer is a wonderful experience
      for eckists, too!

      How about an eckist posting a reply to another eckist's painful
      cries by saying, "Oh, we won't worry about it, . . . . We know you
      enjoy being a victim. Have fun." Nice, huh? With eck friends like
      that, who needs enemies?

      Or how about this one: "Hmmmmmm . . . . I get the impression
      that no matter what I or anyone else says to you, you are actually
      enjoying this rehashing of 'boy troubles' publicly and not really
      seeking any solutions or perspectives. You know, when you're
      actually serious about seeking solutions and answers I'm certain
      that they will find you! In the mean time, I'm not really fond of
      melodramas or dissing the guys. <smile>"

      The above posts were replies to a thread called "Love definition?"
      on ChelaChat. Some eckists were kind to the chela crying outloud,
      but these two individuals who wrote these messages seemed to
      demonstrate the cold heart that eckists can develop through the
      eck teachings.

      The really sad thing is that the eckist in pain has now apologized
      for crying out for help--she now realizes she was wrong to share
      the abusive and threatening situation she is in with her fellow
      eckists. So, now she will practice the law of silence--a muzzle
      has been put on her mouth. Gawd, in eckankar higher
      consciousness does not equate with compassion, empathy and
      higher love.

      However, in an earlier post this troubled eckist in fending off
      the insensitive attacks from her fellow eckists, posted:
      "It's a really good way to encourage nervous breakdown and
      complete shutting off from the world, when the events that a
      person has been through is drastically under-estimated, and then
      one's own religion seems to blame them for it. . . . "

      But this eckist is closing off while still clinging to her faulty
      and flawed religious teachings. I feel for her--for her pain, her
      confusion and her disappointments. I hope she and her daughter
      can be safe from the person who is threatening their lives.
      She has been intimidated and silenced by these cold hearted and
      delusional eckists sanctioned by their mahanta and his negative
      example.