ECKists Live For FUTURE Initiations!

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 17, 2007
      HI All,
      Twitchell says many things in "Flute of God"
      that he needed to backtrack upon and "tweak"
      later in order to "change" the direction of ECKANKAR.

      EK, PT's new vocation and long term retirement
      plan, needed to resemble other typically "on-going"
      religions whereby a "Master" is always needed by
      the followers. The need for "Initiations" keeps
      people in line and (ironically) always desiring more.
      This "dangling carrot" of desire is a spiritual Catch-22
      which works very well with any scam religious or not!

      If one always uses a crutch (needing a "master") how
      will they ever be able to walk on their own? Without
      self-intervention the continued mental/psychological
      reenforcement of dogma can become a convenient tool
      for more dependency and irresponsibility. As PT stated
      early on, Soul needs to take ownership as Cause... as God,
      ITSELF!

      The copyright for "The Flute of God" is 1969 and
      the 1st printing was 1970. Many edits (more tweaking)
      came afterwards.

      It is interesting to note that the 1960's brought
      forth a renewed interest in Eastern Religious thought
      along with a new drug era with the use of LSD. Guru
      Ram Dass and others used LSD to explore their own
      spirituality. Ram Dass was a student of Meher Baba
      (as was Twitchell at one time). Ram Dass also wrote
      a book in 1971 titled "Be Here Now" and stated "Just Be."

      Anyway, here are more quotes by Twitchell from The
      Flute of God:

      "So the whole Truth, IS. And nothing more. It is that
      WE MUST FIND OUR OWN WAY TO GOD. THERE IS NO
      TEACHER, LIVING OR PAST, WHO CAN GIVE US THE
      ACTUAL UNDERSTANDING OF TRUTH.

      A TEACHER CAN ONLY PUT OUR FEET ON THE PATH
      AND POINT THE WAY. THAT IS ALL. IT IS WHOLLY
      DEPENDENT ON THE INDIVIDUAL TO MAKE HIS WAY
      TO TRUTH...

      WE ARE EACH GOD, ITSELF. RATHER THAN JUST A
      PART OF THE GREAT WHOLE OF TRUTH... JUST BE!

      ... we are never there, but always HERE, NOW. HERE
      and NOW put us in the present moment. Nothing
      should be projected into space or into the FUTURE."
      [pg. 14]

      So, why is it that these long-time ECKists STILL need
      ECKANKAR? If they want to be Cause or to donate time
      and money and their "truth" then why do they need
      either ECKANKAR or Klemp?

      AH! They need to keep that EK membership card up-
      to-date ($) in order to be eligible for even MORE initiations...
      in the FUTURE! Plus, it feels good, safe, and secure to
      have a "high" initiation number written on an "exclusive"
      membership club card! Whoopee!

      With Klemp it's all about "love" versus LOVE as he claims
      he "heals, enlightens, and inspires." But, if he "protected"
      EK Chelas in the first place Why would he need to "heal"
      them?

      And Klemp still teaches the old Astral (6th Chakra)
      Spiritual Eye technique while ECKists seem oblivious!
      Perhaps Klemp, the Black Magician, continues to
      "enchant" these ECKists!

      Prometheus