ECKists Are Like Other Religious Believers

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
      Hi Liz and All,
      Actually, I still have several friends who are both
      HI and LO ECKists! I have Love and Empathy for them.
      I understand where they are "coming from." We, usually,
      avoid talking about the EK Dogma and HK... mostly.
      [They can't handle the Truth... but that's okay!]

      Sometimes I will ask them: How did the seminar go?;
      How are things going in the local area? They will always
      respond and sometimes tell me about the problems
      they are having (usually with their vahana mission or
      with other ECKists). If anyone has ever read A.R.E.,
      HU-Chat, or Chela-Chat it becomes apparent that
      there are some very nasty card carrying H.I. ECKists
      out there, and they're encouraged and sanctioned by
      the ESC, RESA Hierarchy, and both Klemps!

      Anyway, I'll sometimes give my ECK friends advice,
      words of encouragement, or a positive and different
      approach, insights, or a clearer perspective of their
      situation. They usually seem somewhat surprised
      but are always appreciative that I have been so kind
      and understanding towards them. Actually, my kindness
      is not all that exceptional. They are nice people who
      have just closed or narrowed their minds to that of
      a simplistic and limited perspective required of religious
      "followers" everywhere. Been there, done that, bought
      the tee shirt... literally!

      Over the years the restricted dogmatic view has resulted
      in emotional, mental and spiritual stagnation for almost
      all ECKists! Klemp's "Restrooms Are Unisex" Change is
      Change talk, at the 2007 EWWS, represents the tip of the
      iceberg!

      Anyway, my EK friends know I am no longer an ECKist
      and I've told them of Ford Johnson's book "Confessions
      of a God Seeker." Of course, they, and most ECKists would
      never read "Confessions" out of fear of going against their
      Mahanta and a fear of knowing (and acting upon) the Truth.
      They will say, "If it's not broke why fix it?" Yet, it is broke!
      All religions are broke! ECKists are in denial and are afraid
      of losing what little they have. Not to worry though...
      there's so much more realized after Eckankar! Soul is
      finally free of the middleman Mahanta and of all that
      confusing (fake) EK religious dogma, the hierarchy, those
      Guidelines, the Law of Silence, the fake initiations, and the
      Vahana crap! That's a load off your shoulders... believe me!

      ECKists (like other religious believers) will blame
      their selves for not being strong enough to handle
      the karmic/spiritual testing. In other words, they
      experience Guilt and Shame for these shortcomings.
      They see the lack of protection by the Master is due
      to their lack of faith and belief which results in a
      lack of spiritual (higher) consciousness and more
      "outer" initiations.

      Eventually, most ECKists will rationalize (like people
      do) and will tend to believe and imagine that they are
      "higher" on the Inner Planes. ECKists are encouraged
      to use their imaginations freely! This is just a coping
      method (mental medication) that has become a necessary
      part of the ECK belief system under Klemp's 25 year (plus)
      reign. This is, also, why Klemp pushes the use of imagination.
      The Imagination becomes like a drug that ECKists need to
      use daily in order to delude themselves into believing
      the distortions are of a "higher truth/reality." It's another
      case of the blind leading the blind. Eckankar is just another
      made up religion with a shortcut to heaven! There is more
      out there, but it is for the individual Soul to discover as
      It's own Master!

      Prometheus

      Elizabeth wrote:
      [snip]

      As for Etznab; we here at ESA consider him a friend!
      Yep he is an eckists.... Strange isn't it that we would
      actually call an eckist friend! ;-)

      [snip]
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007

           I don't recall seeing recent posts here at E.S.A. from
        S.P.H. (Is that the same "S.P.H." from Truthseeker?)
        Don't recall that many, that is.

           Is this person currently posting on E.S.A.? Because,
        frankly I think someone is a little mixed up. Whoever is
        alleging that myself and Prometheus are only sharing
        things that we both know to be false. Who is this one,
        and what exactly are they referring to?

           S.P.H., why don't you look at the Shariyat quotes
        (if you are the one who alleges it) and tell me if they
        are false. I would like to hear your opinion.

            SPH wrote:

        ".... And why do etznab and prometheus continue to
        debate information that they know is totally false
        anyway. ...."

           S.P.H. It's a little hard to discern what you meant
        by "information" in that sentence.

           Are you talking about ALL Eckankar information?
        Do you believe it's all false?

           I'm not sure what you meant.

        Etznab

        **************************************
        See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
          Hi, Etznab!

          S.P.H. is the one who posted on Ford's BBs. His yahoo id is
          tabbba. He sometimes uses his name steven harrison too.
          He's recently posted a few comments here when I mistaken his
          yahoo id with another. I'm not sure of what he was meaning
          either, but you and prometheus are having an interesting
          discussion!

          etznab@... wrote:

          > I don't recall seeing recent posts here at E.S.A. from
          > S.P.H. (Is that the same "S.P.H." from Truthseeker?)
          > Don't recall that many, that is.
          >
          > Is this person currently posting on E.S.A.? Because,
          > frankly I think someone is a little mixed up. Whoever is
          > alleging that myself and Prometheus are only sharing
          > things that we both know to be false. Who is this one,
          > and what exactly are they referring to?
          >
          > S.P.H., why don't you look at the Shariyat quotes
          > (if you are the one who alleges it) and tell me if they
          > are false. I would like to hear your opinion.
          >
          > SPH wrote:
          >
          > ".... And why do etznab and prometheus continue to
          > debate information that they know is totally false
          > anyway. ...."
          >
          > S.P.H. It's a little hard to discern what you meant
          > by "information" in that sentence.
          >
          > Are you talking about ALL Eckankar information?
          > Do you believe it's all false?
          >
          > I'm not sure what you meant.

          > See AOL's top rated recipes

        • steven harrison
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 13, 2007
            HEY ETZNAB
            Yes i am the same S.P.H. you have seen on the truthseeker.I have read the shariyat many times over the years,No need to review it anymore.In my opinion it all comes down to this.There is a powerfull mysterious force in ,and of the universe.This force has never been described,defined,or understood by anybody,religion,organization,or scripture.The intention of this force(if in fact it has one at all) has never been revealed or understood by anyone,relgion,organization,scriptures,etc,etc.Thats where i stand. The bibles,shariyats,vedas,upanishads,etc, of the world have some good stuff in them but do nothing to reveal the nature of god, nor are they are reliable source of past history.As joseph campbell says"they are poetry,not prose".Not all information in the shariyat is false but that is true of every book, no book is wholely false.Its story of history is false,yes.And yes i am mixed up.But that is besides the point
            HAPPY HOLIDAYS
            S.P.H

            ---------------------------------
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 13, 2007
              S.P.H.

                 Thanks for the reply and, Happy Holidays to you too!

                 I remember your name from Truthseeker, and I believe
              you said what you said really well.

              Etznab

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 13, 2007
                Happy holidays to you as well ,my friend.I am now retiring from the boards
                BE WELL
                S.P.H.

                See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food. aol.com/top- rated-recipes? NCID=aoltop00030 000000004)