Message for Tygerpurr!

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi, Tygerpurr!

      Just wanted to tell you the poster Shabdahu who wanted to
      give an award to a post on ET is very disgruntled with ESA, so
      he resonated with the comment about another anti-eckankar
      group-his comment IMO was directed more at ESA than it
      was at your post.

      I'm posting this here rather than on ET because I know it would
      just keep the discussion going over there and probably in
      another direction. I don't care to put myself in another
      endless/going nowhere "debate."

      But I will say your posts and Sharon's are very good and
      appropriate replies to summer.city! Especially, since you are
      only expressing your impressions and beliefs about how
      eckancrap and cult mentality operate--I see nothing wrong
      with stating an opinion. Compassion is a wonderful thing if
      not used to make excuses or give rude individuals a free pass
      to misbehave and abuse others! : )

      This is one of Tygerpurr's post on another group discussion:
      --- In eckankartruth@ yahoogroups. com, "Tian Yue"
      <tianyue@... > wrote:

      >In your stating that "always being nice may not be the best
      approach," you've hit upon the essential point of my reply to you. I
      never said that we should always be nice.

      ###I never said that you said this!####

      There is a big difference between everyday compassion or common
      decency and Eckankar's artificial, affected, exaggerated hype of
      saintly behavior or god-realized "unconditional love."

      You also wrote this in your reply: "I am not a Saint nor do I claim to
      be God or Self Realized and I think it is a mistake for these eckist
      and execkists to think they are or ever will be. IMHO this is a huge
      inflated "Ego" and sometimes a normal argument of sorts is just the
      right medicine."

      ####This is just a general statement not meant for you, Leaf,
      personally. It was just a realization that I had about eckankarp and
      how people are drawn into Cults and many ridiculous religious
      ideologies. It is what keeps people stuck for decades in Frauds and
      Scams. It is Egoism to the extreme. The only way an eckist can truely
      leave ekcankarp is if they learn to make friends with themselves and
      understand that it is ok to be HUMAN, imo.####

      Do you mean to say that because I chose to treat a stranger with some
      understanding that I'm still harboring some eckankar delusion of
      saintliness? And does this mean that anyone who tries to be nice to
      another person is as deluded as a cult member? And ex-eckists who are
      kind once in a while have inflated egos, similar to that which exudes
      from high initiates?

      ####This is obviously not what I said. I don't think you deserve an
      award for this. You are way off base.

      Tygerpurr

      More and more it does seem that "city.summer" 's post was really meant
      to just be an insult. Would not this fall under part of the definition
      of a message board Troll?#####
    • Tyger Purr
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2007
        Yes Mish,

        I was very taken aback by this award thing from "Shabdahu" and didn't
        know you had had difficulties with him. However, I have been attacked
        by this individual in the past mainly because it seemed to be
        defending a lot of ek crap ideology and attacking with these endless
        run on sentence posts, with the occasional "and you are an ass hole"
        type remarks mixed in. Most would stop reading his nonsensical post
        after the first paragraph. This is a very passive/aggressive tactic.
        This is the wrong person to get aligned with, and thanking for their
        support.

        I really don't know what is going on or why. This slap in the face
        doesn't really make sense to me. I've never liked the mutual
        admiration society tactic either. HOwever, I don't really want to give
        the impression that this is about ESA people Vs. so and so or anyone.
        I post in a lot of different places, and while I get something out of
        what I read here and there, I don't always agree, or I may have a
        different take on things. For example, I know that I probably would
        not do well at a Higher Consciousness Society meeting, even though I
        may have some things in common as far as being anti ek.

        ANyway, in some ways it has brought up some interesting topics for
        discussion, if only it wasn't so adversarial. Interesting that this
        stuff is actually getting read. In a way this is good news.

        Tygerpurr ; )

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2007
          Hi, Tygerpurr,

          Shabdahu is S.P.H. over on Ford's site. He did a lot of negative
          posting regarding ESA over there--didn't matter he didn't like us,
          but he seemed to want to create everyone into his own likeness! We
          are far from his ideal! : ) The thing is Shabdahu is generally an
          observer/fence sitter which is fine--nothing wrong with that--but he
          jumps in at times, as if a judge, proclaiming who is right or wrong in
          an instance. In actuality, none of us is totally right or totally wrong. We
          mainly just give opinions (our own). I certainly am not trying to clone
          myself when I express my opinions. I would want those who read my
          poststo think and evaluate what I have said--and decide if my opinions
          have any merit or interest for them. And those who just skip over my
          posts, that's fine too--I'm a skimmer too!

          I posted my comments to you here to let you know that I saw
          nothing wrong in your posts on ET--doesn't mean I totally agree
          with what you wrote, but I mostly did, but even if not in agreement
          I respect your right to express yourself. We learn from each other's
          opinions, I believe. I didn't want to enter the discussion on ET for
          personal reasons, and maybe some others feel the same--but I didn't
          want it to appear that silence indicated diasgreement or lack of care
          for what you wrote there.

          BTW, and I probably shouldn't say this, but with ESA it was all about
          Marla being mistreated. It looks like summer.city is what it is all about
          on ET in the mind of the resident narcissist who gives the appearance of
          a rescuer of still another damsel in distress. Very similar MO in my
          opinion! There's a pattern of behavior! : )

          Well, good luck!

          Mish

          p.s. the comment about another anti-eck group was a reference to
          ESA, and so that is the connection--the only connection, but surely
          it caught shabdahu's attention! : ) Other than that, you're right this is
          not an ESA vs ??? issue. The discussion on ET does not involve ESA--
          but I thought it would help you understand some of the attitude that
          came at you there. But seems you have a history with him too!

          ##########################
          --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Tyger Purr"

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 6, 2007
            Hi, All!

            I received a private email from S.P.H. who I wrote about in the post
            below. I made the mistake of thinking Shabdahu was S.P.H., but he
            is not, so I owe S.P.H. a huge apology which is the purpose of this
            post. I think S.P.H. would agree that he did express a lot of dislike
            for this site, but I was wrong in thinking he was this other poster.
            He does have a somewhat similar yahoo ID which attributed also to
            my mistaking him.

            S.P.H. also wrote that he is not a fence sitter, and so I will retract that
            comment about him as well. He says that he has moved on from the
            BBs, but with curiosity he popped in to check things out-I have to say
            good thing, and I appreciate that he wrote to tell me I am wrong.

            So, S.P.H., I apologize for my comments regarding you. I was wrong--
            no real good excuse for being wrong, but I am sincerely sorry.

            Thanks for writing me so I could correct this and publicly apologize.

            "mishmisha9" <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > Scams. It is Egoism to the extreme. The only way an eckist can truely
            > > leave ekcankarp is if they learn to make friends with themselves and
            > > understand that it is ok to be HUMAN, imo.####
            > >
            > > Do you mean to say that because I chose to treat a stranger with some
            > > understanding that I'm still harboring some eckankar delusion of
            > > saintliness? And does this mean that anyone who tries to be nice to
            > > another person is as deluded as a cult member? And ex-eckists who are
            > > kind once in a while have inflated egos, similar to that which exudes
            > > from high initiates?
            > >
            > > ####This is obviously not what I said. I don't think you deserve an
            > > award for this. You are way off base.
            > >
            > > Tygerpurr
            > >
            > > More and more it does seem that "city.summer" 's post was really meant
            > > to just be an insult. Would not this fall under part of the definition

          • steven harrison
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
              Apology accepted
              As i said, i did not pop up to get involved or cause problems
              BEST WISHES AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

            • Ingrid
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2007
                Hi S. P. H.

                Good to see you again, even if for short!
                Hope you are well. Happy holidays, too!
                Ingrid

                mishmisha9 <mishmisha9@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]

                > > Scams. It is Egoism to the extreme. The only way an eckist can truely
                > > leave ekcankarp is if they learn to make friends with themselves and
                > > understand that it is ok to be HUMAN, imo.####
                > >
                > > Do you mean to say that because I chose to treat a stranger with some
                > > understanding that I'm still harboring some eckankar delusion of
                > > saintliness? And does this mean that anyone who tries to be nice to
                > > another person is as deluded as a cult member? And ex-eckists who are
                > > kind once in a while have inflated egos, similar to that which exudes
                > > from high initiates?
                > >
                > > ####This is obviously not what I said. I don't think you deserve an
                > > award for this. You are way off base.
                > >
                > > Tygerpurr
                > >
                > > More and more it does seem that "city.summer" 's post was really meant
                > > to just be an insult. Would not this fall under part of the definition

              • steven harrison
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 10, 2007
                  HELLO INGRID
                  If there really is a ingrid.It seems mish is also tygerr purr and lucy wisecup and who knows who else.I wonder if anybody on this site is real or is it just mish and prometheus creating posters and asking themselves questions sometimes.And why do etznab and prometheus continue to debate information that they know is totally false anyway.I really dont get it.I really dont understand the objective of this site but it doesnt matter i suppose.So how are you(if you are who you say you are)Anyway best wishes and be good
                  S.P.H.

                  Ingrid <ctecvie@...> wrote:
                  Hi S. P. H.

                  Good to see you again, even if for short!
                  Hope you are well. Happy holidays, too!

                  NOTE TO S.P.H.: Yes, there is an Ingrid. Mish is Not Tigerpurr
                  or any other pseudo on this site and neither is prometheus.
                  Members are Anonymous because we choose to be. At least
                  one member is still an ECKist. Etznab and I don't "debate info"
                  we "share" info that contradicts Truth, Dogma, and Common
                  Sense in order to benefit others. There are those who want
                  and need to know (and see) why Eckankar isn't working for them.
                  This was, also, one purpose of Ford's book "Confessions of a
                  God Seeker." Here, we seek the Truth and Why we fell, so easily,
                  for the ongoing lies and promises of the religion of Eckankar
                  even after knowing/discovering ourselves to be Soul.

                  Those of us who were H.I. Leaders and stayed in 25 plus years
                  were duped by, yet, another religion! We here on ESA are exploring
                  the causes and needs that allowed us to become blinded followers
                  despite all of the signs. I hope this clears things up for you and
                  you "get" what it is we're doing here. - Prometheus

> [...]

                  > > Scams. It is Egoism to the extreme. The only way an eckist can truely
                  > > leave ekcankarp is if they learn to make friends with themselves and
                  > > understand that it is ok to be HUMAN, imo.####
                  > >
                  > > Do you mean to say that because I chose to treat a stranger with some
                  > > understanding that I'm still harboring some eckankar delusion of
                  > > saintliness? And does this mean that anyone who tries to be nice to
                  > > another person is as deluded as a cult member? And ex-eckists who are
                  > > kind once in a while have inflated egos, similar to that which exudes
                  > > from high initiates?
                  > >
                  > > ####This is obviously not what I said. I don't think you deserve an
                  > > award for this. You are way off base.
                  > >
                  > > Tygerpurr
                  > >
                  > > More and more it does seem that "city.summer" 's post was really meant
                  > > to just be an insult. Would not this fall under part of the definition

                  ---------------------------------

                  ---------------------------------

                  ---------------------------------
                • Ingrid
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 11, 2007

                    Yes Steven I am who I am, take it or leave it. :-) I don't like to play games with several identities.

                    I'm fine, thanks, and thanks for your good wishes. Well, it's no need to read the site if you don't want to. :-)

                    Take care,

                    ************ ********* ********* ********* *****

                    ************ ********* ********* ********* ******

> [...]

                    > > Scams. It is Egoism to the extreme. The only way an eckist can truely
                    > > leave ekcankarp is if they learn to make friends with themselves and
                    > > understand that it is ok to be HUMAN, imo.####
                    > >
                    > > Do you mean to say that because I chose to treat a stranger with some
                    > > understanding that I'm still harboring some eckankar delusion of
                    > > saintliness? And does this mean that anyone who tries to be nice to
                    > > another person is as deluded as a cult member?
                    And ex-eckists who are
                    > > kind once in a while have inflated egos, similar to that which exudes
                    > > from high initiates?
                    > >
                    > > ####This is obviously not what I said. I don't think you deserve an
                    > > award for this. You are way off base.
                    > >
                    > > Tygerpurr
                    > >
                    > > More and more it does seem that "city.summer" 's post was really meant
                    > > to just be an insult. Would not this fall under part of the definition

                    ------------ --------- --------- ---

                    ------------ --------- --------- ---

                    ------------ --------- --------- ---

                  • Elizabeth
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
                      Hello SPH and all!  :-)

                      I have been busy these days, new grand baby and all!   I do pop in and out of the groups from time to time, and this morning I was catching up here on ESA....  Found this question by SPH and wanted to point out that I do in fact go by my real name!  I also use whitefeatherliz or whitefeather with most other yahoo groups and at Ford Johnson's site when I was hanging around (not too often btw).   I used my whitefeather id even when I was an eckists so, no news there....

                      I completely understand how using an anonymous id can throw some people off.  It has done that to me as well in the past!  It's hard trying to figure out who someone is or isn't by their writing style!  At the present moment I really don't care who is who....  It's fine with me not always knowing, I respect those who wish to remain anonymous!  As for Etznab;  we here at ESA consider him a friend!  Yep he is an eckists....  Strange isn't it that we would actually call an eckists friend!  ;-)

                      Prometheus has said it much better than I could have, so I say no more on this topic!  (see his remarks below)

                      Hey if I don't get around to visiting the group, wishing everyone a happy holiday season!

                      Liz

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
                        Hello, All & S.P.H.,

                        snipping S.P.H.'s post:

                        SPH wrote:

                        > HELLO INGRID
                        > If there really is a ingrid.It seems mish is also tygerr purr and lucy
                        > wisecup and who knows who else.I wonder if anybody on this site is real or
                        > is it just mish and prometheus creating posters and asking themselves
                        > questions sometimes.

                        It seems that S.P.H. thinks that ESA is made up of only two posters
                        who use different ids--I guess it is difficult for him to believe that
                        there are more than a couple of people with similar views posting
                        on ESA. Actually, his comments question the authenticity and honesty
                        of the posters participating here. I am not tygerpurr. I post as Mish and
                        sign off on all my posts as Mish. My name Lucy Wisecup shows up on
                        the side bar if I send a reply directly to ESA from my yahoo email box.
                        So, anyone reading my posts here would clearly see that Mish and Lucy
                        Wisecup are the same poster--there is no intentional deception,
                        especially since my posts (I repeat) are always signed "Mish!" I am not
                        using multiple identities on any BB--I wouldn't have the time if I even
                        wanted to try that nutty way of behaving!

                        I understand that it can seem confusing if the sidebar does on
                        occasion show a different name, but if the posts are read, one can
                        see who the poster is. This is not an unusual occurrence on yahoo
                        groups. The difference can occur when a poster posts directly on the
                        group site and then later sends another post from the poster's
                        email account to the site.

                        Of course, after eckankar, I can see how indiviuals like S.P.H. would
                        be suspicious of people deceiving them--and actually being
                        suspicious can be a good thing as long as it doesn't lead to paranoia! : )

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
                          Hi Liz and All,
                          Actually, I still have several friends who are both
                          HI and LO ECKists! I have Love and Empathy for them.
                          I understand where they are "coming from." We, usually,
                          avoid talking about the EK Dogma and HK... mostly.
                          [They can't handle the Truth... but that's okay!]

                          Sometimes I will ask them: How did the seminar go?;
                          How are things going in the local area? They will always
                          respond and sometimes tell me about the problems
                          they are having (usually with their vahana mission or
                          with other ECKists). If anyone has ever read A.R.E.,
                          HU-Chat, or Chela-Chat it becomes apparent that
                          there are some very nasty card carrying H.I. ECKists
                          out there, and they're encouraged and sanctioned by
                          the ESC, RESA Hierarchy, and both Klemps!

                          Anyway, I'll sometimes give my ECK friends advice,
                          words of encouragement, or a positive and different
                          approach, insights, or a clearer perspective of their
                          situation. They usually seem somewhat surprised
                          but are always appreciative that I have been so kind
                          and understanding towards them. Actually, my kindness
                          is not all that exceptional. They are nice people who
                          have just closed or narrowed their minds to that of
                          a simplistic and limited perspective required of religious
                          "followers" everywhere. Been there, done that, bought
                          the tee shirt... literally!

                          Over the years the restricted dogmatic view has resulted
                          in emotional, mental and spiritual stagnation for almost
                          all ECKists! Klemp's "Restrooms Are Unisex" Change is
                          Change talk, at the 2007 EWWS, represents the tip of the
                          iceberg!

                          Anyway, my EK friends know I am no longer an ECKist
                          and I've told them of Ford Johnson's book "Confessions
                          of a God Seeker." Of course, they, and most ECKists would
                          never read "Confessions" out of fear of going against their
                          Mahanta and a fear of knowing (and acting upon) the Truth.
                          They will say, "If it's not broke why fix it?" Yet, it is broke!
                          All religions are broke! ECKists are in denial and are afraid
                          of losing what little they have. Not to worry though...
                          there's so much more realized after Eckankar! Soul is
                          finally free of the middleman Mahanta and of all that
                          confusing (fake) EK religious dogma, the hierarchy, those
                          Guidelines, the Law of Silence, the fake initiations, and the
                          Vahana crap! That's a load off your shoulders... believe me!

                          ECKists (like other religious believers) will blame
                          their selves for not being strong enough to handle
                          the karmic/spiritual testing. In other words, they
                          experience Guilt and Shame for these shortcomings.
                          They see the lack of protection by the Master is due
                          to their lack of faith and belief which results in a
                          lack of spiritual (higher) consciousness and more
                          "outer" initiations.

                          Eventually, most ECKists will rationalize (like people
                          do) and will tend to believe and imagine that they are
                          "higher" on the Inner Planes. ECKists are encouraged
                          to use their imaginations freely! This is just a coping
                          method (mental medication) that has become a necessary
                          part of the ECK belief system under Klemp's 25 year (plus)
                          reign. This is, also, why Klemp pushes the use of imagination.
                          The Imagination becomes like a drug that ECKists need to
                          use daily in order to delude themselves into believing
                          the distortions are of a "higher truth/reality." It's another
                          case of the blind leading the blind. Eckankar is just another
                          made up religion with a shortcut to heaven! There is more
                          out there, but it is for the individual Soul to discover as
                          It's own Master!

                          Prometheus

                          Elizabeth wrote:
                          [snip]

                          As for Etznab; we here at ESA consider him a friend!
                          Yep he is an eckists.... Strange isn't it that we would
                          actually call an eckist friend! ;-)

                          [snip]
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007

                               I don't recall seeing recent posts here at E.S.A. from
                            S.P.H. (Is that the same "S.P.H." from Truthseeker?)
                            Don't recall that many, that is.

                               Is this person currently posting on E.S.A.? Because,
                            frankly I think someone is a little mixed up. Whoever is
                            alleging that myself and Prometheus are only sharing
                            things that we both know to be false. Who is this one,
                            and what exactly are they referring to?

                               S.P.H., why don't you look at the Shariyat quotes
                            (if you are the one who alleges it) and tell me if they
                            are false. I would like to hear your opinion.

                                SPH wrote:

                            ".... And why do etznab and prometheus continue to
                            debate information that they know is totally false
                            anyway. ...."

                               S.P.H. It's a little hard to discern what you meant
                            by "information" in that sentence.

                               Are you talking about ALL Eckankar information?
                            Do you believe it's all false?

                               I'm not sure what you meant.

                            Etznab

                            **************************************
                            See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 12, 2007
                              Hi, Etznab!

                              S.P.H. is the one who posted on Ford's BBs. His yahoo id is
                              tabbba. He sometimes uses his name steven harrison too.
                              He's recently posted a few comments here when I mistaken his
                              yahoo id with another. I'm not sure of what he was meaning
                              either, but you and prometheus are having an interesting
                              discussion!

                              etznab@... wrote:

                              > I don't recall seeing recent posts here at E.S.A. from
                              > S.P.H. (Is that the same "S.P.H." from Truthseeker?)
                              > Don't recall that many, that is.
                              >
                              > Is this person currently posting on E.S.A.? Because,
                              > frankly I think someone is a little mixed up. Whoever is
                              > alleging that myself and Prometheus are only sharing
                              > things that we both know to be false. Who is this one,
                              > and what exactly are they referring to?
                              >
                              > S.P.H., why don't you look at the Shariyat quotes
                              > (if you are the one who alleges it) and tell me if they
                              > are false. I would like to hear your opinion.
                              >
                              > SPH wrote:
                              >
                              > ".... And why do etznab and prometheus continue to
                              > debate information that they know is totally false
                              > anyway. ...."
                              >
                              > S.P.H. It's a little hard to discern what you meant
                              > by "information" in that sentence.
                              >
                              > Are you talking about ALL Eckankar information?
                              > Do you believe it's all false?
                              >
                              > I'm not sure what you meant.

                              > See AOL's top rated recipes

                            • steven harrison

                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 13, 2007
                                  S.P.H.

                                     Thanks for the reply and, Happy Holidays to you too!

                                     I remember your name from Truthseeker, and I believe
                                  you said what you said really well.

                                  Etznab

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 13, 2007
                                    Happy holidays to you as well ,my friend.I am now retiring from the boards
                                    BE WELL
                                    S.P.H.

                                    See AOL's top rated recipes (http://food. aol.com/top- rated-recipes? NCID=aoltop00030 000000004)