Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] KLEMP Rewrites & Distorts History in TWEM!

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 11, 2007

         It was not for no reason I mentioned the letter to
      Gail dated July 12th, 1963.

         When was it that Kirpal Singh came to America
      for the second time? Was it 1963? And was that
      also the year when Paul took Gail to meet him, or
      to get initiated? Was it 1963 when Paul Twitchell
      sent his Tiger's Fang manuscript to Kirpal Singh &
      when Paul first mentioned (wrote publicly) about
      Eckankar?

      "[....] One of the most interesting things that I find about
      this is the timing of when The Far Country was written.
      According to Paul, he wrote the book shortly after meeting
      Gail, when he moved down to San Francisco, which would
      have been in 1963-1964. This is the same year Paul gave
      his copy of The Tiger's Fang to Kirpal Singh, and introduced
      Gail to Kirpal, which resulted in Gail being initiated by Kirpal.
      [....]"

      [http://www.littleknownpubs.com/Dialog_Ch_Six.htm]

      "David [David Lane] begins by referring to an interview
      by Jack Jarvis, on July 9, 1963, called 'Paul Twitchell,
      Man of Parts,' which appears to be the first time that
      Paul mentions the name ECKANKAR."

      [Based on: Dialogue in the Age of Criticism, Chap. 3]

      *********

         It might be interesting to know the exact dates for all of
      these events.

         It has also been pointed out that the names Sudar Singh
      and Rebazar Tarzs didn't start really showing up until 1964.
      However, in the very first letter to Gail appears the name of
      Rebazar Tarzs. This was in December, 1962!

         In spite of this I saw another version of that paragraph that
      did not contain the name Rebazar Tarzs. This is something I
      thought was worth looking at and I asked about the source of
      that version of the text.

         I believe it was illustrated by Michael Turner recently on
      A.R.E. I believe he said it appeared in a publication years
      ago.

         Here is the A.R.E. post from September 30th entitled:
      Letter to Gail Quote:

      In the recent post by Michael Turner there is
      a quote that looks like the 4th paragraph from
      the first Letter to Gail. It reads:

         This is why I propose to say that my knowledge
      of this is little. I am neither a saint nor holy man,
      but I can only tell you what little I have experienced
      through Kirpal Singh.To him, my personal debt is
      great!

      *********
         Did this come from David Lane's book? From
      some Sonic Spectrum issue from Sept. 1996?
      Or what? I haven't seen that illustration before
      today. Not that I remember.

         Does anybody know about the history for that
      illustration? I haven't read David's book, and I'm
      not clear on whether it came from there or not.

      (End post) *********

         Interestingly, this is the one and only post on
      that thread to date.

         What an interesting year, 1963.

      Etznab

      **************************************
      See what's new at http://www.aol.com
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 12, 2007
        Hmmm,  were you born in 1963 Etznab?  LOL

        Look I'm not going to get too detractor ish on this....  But I used to marvel at the fact (while still an eckists)  that eckankar came out to the public in 1965, which was also the year I had my first OBE during surgery at 5 years of age....  An old guy came to me and took me out of my body to places I don't recall.  All I do remember is coming back into my body and not liking that idea too well.   Later our family joined eckankar, and everyone in our satsang class insisted I experienced Fubbi and what an amazing thing to have a Master come to me the very year Paul brought the teachings to the Western world.

        Okay, so I could tie in eckankar and their events being significant in my life, or in past history....  Eckankar uses this as a grand marketing tool for new and current lower initiates to validate their path, and keeping them paying the membership!

        Have a great weekend everyone,
        Liz

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 12, 2007
          Hi, Etznab!

          I'm not sure what it is you are trying to convey here with
          all these quotes from Twitchell, Klemp, Brad Steiger and Doug
          Marman regarding eck master lineage and history. For myself,
          these sources and quotes have no basis in Truth as they are all
          interwoven into the fabrication of the big lie that Twitchell
          put forth for his followers and that Klemp has chosen to
          perpetuate by putting his own spin on the lies and distortions.

          Nothing in the eck literature or that Brad Steiger or Doug
          Marman has written about the eck masters substantiates
          that any of the eck masters ever existed or exist. It is
          really too bad that these distortions even include the
          magical thinking that historical figures like Columbus
          were influenced by such mythical characters. It is rather
          ridiculous the whole thing, but for the fact that here in
          this country there seems to be a great dumbing down of
          Americans. This truly concerns me.

          Etznab wrote:
          When considering the spiritual line of Eck Masters,
          I too believe something has passed "... from continent
          to continent, from race to race, from culture to culture,
          down through time."

          Lots and lots of stories, among other things. Though
          not necessarily the "whole" truth. Especially since people
          are - even today - having to throw "light" on the picture
          still :) (end of Etznab's quote)

          The sources and stories in your post are all one and the
          same basically--nothing new to shed true "light", and
          nothing quoted even comes close to the "whole" truth--
          if anything, nothing could be further from the truth.
          This is really sad, all the lies, that continue. Klemp had
          a choice to bring the truth out but he chose to disregard
          it, and therefore what dim spiritual light Klemp had in the
          beginning went out years ago.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 12, 2007
            Mish,

               Forgive me for rambling. I was basically trying to sort
            legend, from fact, from myth. I know that David, Doug and
            others have spent way more time doing research, but what
            I haven't seen much of in their illustrations is a timeline
            context where all of the dates and the corresponding events
            are spelled out more or less in chronological order. This is
            probably the only thing unique about the way I personaly
            choose to evaluate history. Besides that, the information I
            use is basically the same as what the others have.

               It's not an easy task, I'll say that. Thanks for the findings
            and comments from David Lane, BTW. I agree about much
            of what people have to look at are not "their" writings. They
            are not the ones who wrote it in the first place, however, the
            writings are mostly what they have to work with.

               In my recent posts I was trying to trace back to the begin-
            ing and looking for any connection between what Paul gave
            out as history or legend, with what other paths he knew
            about were familiar with.

               I traced back to 1963 because that is the year when the
            word Eckankar appeared in public and the year when I
            suspect the relationship between Paul Twitchell and Kirpal
            Singh "started" to change. There was a reason I focussed
            on that year - not because I was born near the time when
            those things were happening ( : ) - but because it wasn't
            long afterward (1963) when the names Rebazar Tarzs and
            Sudar Singh started to appear. It has to do with tracing of
            things back to the beginning.

               Paul Twitchell seemed to indicate he first heard about
            Rebazar Tarzs from Sudar Singh. So I tried to trace back
            to when they first met - according to the writings. Let me
            put it another way: I tried to trace the story about when
            they (Paul Twitchell & Sudar Singh) first met. Their are a
            number of different dates and versions recorded.

               1935 appeared to be significant because it was a year
            when Paul & Sudar met and because of the reference to
            Eckankar - the teachings - reappearing then. I gave the
            quote in an earlier post.

               It was confusing, I know, because I was trying to trace
            the beginnings of several different things at once. Initially
            though, it was a search for legends that inspired me to
            start writing those posts in the beginning. I was curious
            whether Kirpal Singh and his group shared any legends
            similar to what are found in Eckankar. The Christopher
            Columbus stuff and others.

               Frankly, the trail seems to begin and end with Sudar
            Singh, as far as the story about Rebazar Tarzs goes.
            The beginning of it, that is (not about Columbus). Here
            is the thing though, it was Sudar Singh that replaced
            the name Kirpal Singh in a lot of the writings that I have
            looked at. And it was Rebazar Tarzs that appeared to
            replace Kirpal Singh in the first letter to Gail in December
            1962 and also in The Tiger's Fang (manuscript of which
            was sent to Kirpal Singh around 1963). So what I saw
            was that the name Kirpal Singh kept popping up in the
            begining (according to what I saw, and what others
            said they saw). In other words, before Sudar Singh
            and Rebazar Tarzs there was Kirpal Singh. That is,
            if you trace the published material back to the beginning
            when Eckankar was first mentioned publicly (1963),
            it was Kirpal Singh that Paul was mentioning, not
            Sudar Singh or Rebazar Tarzs. They appear to come
            mostly afterwards (far as the published record of events).

               What did Kirpal Singh know? That was my initial
            question. Did Kirpal share any stories with Paul?
            I don't know what all he picked up from the Hindu
            teachings, whether Paul only included teachings
            or some of the history, legend and myths too.

               I'm probably gonna go and read the Tiger's Fang
            next (it's been a long time) because it talks about
            planes, and the gods of different planes, which I be-
            lieve is a part of the teachings in other Hindu paths.
            Afterall, Paul Twitchell was sending his Tiger's Fang
            manuscript to Kirpal Singh - and I doubt that Paul
            would have done such a thing if ithese were such
            foreign ideas to Kirpal Singh. Also, I want to look
            at if there is a place in the beginning of that book
            where the physical characteristics of Rebazar
            Tarzs are described. If they are and they do not
            match the features of Kirpal Singh then I have to
            go and determine if these amount to additions, or
            if they were in the original manuscript.

               Basically, I'm trying to follow the information
            back in time to when it started. It's not easy
            and it takes a lot of time and research because
            all I have is the published materials - most of
            which are later editions - and the originals have
            changed over time. All I'm looking at is history
            and are not trying to negate any of the really
            beneficial spiritual/universal principles shared,
            no matter who said it. But the actual history
            is important, IMO, for other reasons and I
            imagine most people would have to agree.
            (To some extent, at least, it does matter to
            sort legend, from myth, from fact as far as
            religions go. It's not all the same - or else
            there wouldn't be three different words and
            ideas describing them, IMO.)

               It's hard to trace back to the beginning when
            one doesn't have the earlier books and manu-
            scripts. That is part of the reason why it's taking
            me so long and why I become disgruntled at times
            too. However, each time I find an original it adds
            something new to the history. IMO.

               Thanks for all of your help :)

            Etznab

            were happening ( : ) -

            **************************************
            See what's new at http://www.aol.com
          • empath1944
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 13, 2007
              Dear Etz:
              There is a picture of Sri Kirpal Sing in Julian Johnson's _Path of
              the Masters. I love to look those eyes. He IS like Rebezar's
              descriptions. I found myself sitting at a table with the artist who
              painted her impressions of the ECK masters. That feeling for me was
              wavy, floaty, delicate, gentle and very interesting I happened there
              as I now think and picture on it. She seemed to feel guilty it took
              her so long. My God.
              EM

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 14, 2007

                   The only picture in my copy of Path of the Masters is that
                of Sawan Singh, not Kirpal Singh. Nor does he have close-
                cropped black hair like Rebazar Tarzs. Not that I can see.
                Just a big white beard and a turban.

                Etznab

                See what's new at http://www.aol.com