URL Correction

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
      "Godman" quotes:

      http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/eckankarsurvivors/godman.html

      What happens if you leave:

      replace godman.html with threats.html

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Sharon
      <brighttigress@...> wrote:

      > There are a bunch of twitchquotes about the LEM being the divine
      incarnation of Suggie at:
      > http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/eckankarsurvivors
      >

      > Twitch really seemed to "teach" that there was no separation
      between the Person of the LEM and the "mahanta consciousness". I
      think it's quite likely that particular bit of dogma got started
      after former members started pointing these things out back when the
      internet started, perhaps when alt.religion.eckankar began -
      offhand,I thinkthat was back in1991. Looked it up a few years back
      but I forget exactly.

      > BTW, I'm using a strangelaptop and the keys stick,andI'm not
      going to keep goingbackand correcting my goofs. It's *so* hard
      typing on this thing!!

      > You know, eckankrap just does *not* make sense? Supposedly the
      whole earth has "evolved" to a "higher consciousness" - that's the
      reason they gave when they started the"worship" services and made
      the"hu" public, which upset many members because it had been
      previously "taught" that the hu's vibes were more than non-eckists
      could handle. And,they say that if you take a "vacation", you'll be
      at a standstillwhile everyone else just zooms ahead and after five
      years, you'll be so far behind & will have losteverything, so you
      have to start all the way back at the beginning as a first initiate.
      But in spite of all this fulspeed consciousness
      growth,initiationshave slowed down&stopped for all thoselong-
      timemembers?

      > When I was a member and would think about all this stuff, I'd
      just get all confused and end up blanking out and hu-ing myself into
      a brain-dead consciousness!

      > Interesting to see that Klemp *did* edit the"lexicon"! I have
      the original(1971 I think)as well as whichever one they were
      sellingin '98 - first printing I'msure. Did some quickie
      comparisons but didn't find any changes.

      > Ithink Klemp actually believes all that nonsenseabout
      hisbeing "Suggie Incarnate" but he puts on a big phony "humble" act.