Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 936

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2007
      There are a bunch of twitchquotes about the LEM being the divine incarnation of Suggie at:

      Twitch really seemed to "teach" that there was no separation between the Person of the LEM and the "mahanta consciousness".   I think it's quite likely that particular bit of dogma got started after former members started pointing these things out back when the internet started, perhaps when alt.religion.eckankar began - offhand,I thinkthat was back in1991.  Looked it up a few years back but I forget exactly.

      BTW, I'm using a strangelaptop and the keys stick,andI'm not going to keep goingbackand correcting my goofs.  It's *so* hard typing on this thing!!

      You know, eckankrap just does *not* make sense?  Supposedly the whole earth has "evolved" to a "higher consciousness" - that's the reason they gave when they started the"worship" services and made the"hu" public, which upset many members because it had been previously "taught" that the hu's vibes were more than non-eckists could handle.  And,they say that if you take a "vacation", you'll be at a standstillwhile everyone else just zooms ahead and after five years, you'll be so far behind & will have losteverything, so you have to start all the way back at the beginning as a first initiate.  But in spite of all this fulspeed consciousness growth,initiationshave slowed down&stopped for all thoselong-timemembers?

      When I was a member and would think about all this stuff, I'd just get all confused and end up blanking out and hu-ing myself into a brain-dead consciousness!

      Interesting to see that Klemp *did* edit the"lexicon"!  I have the original(1971 I think)as well as whichever one they were sellingin '98 - first printing I'msure.   Did some quickie comparisons but didn't find any changes.

      Ithink Klemp actually believes all that nonsenseabout hisbeing "Suggie Incarnate" but he puts on a big phony "humble" act.

      Well,just dropping in briefly to comment!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

      1a. "A (real) Year of Blessing" - Klemp Steps Down!
      Posted by: "prometheus_973" prometheus_973@... prometheus_973
      Date: Sun Oct 7, 2007 10:05 am ((PDT))

      WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE MAHANTA CONSCIOUSNESS ???
      PT Defined It and Klemp Eliminated This Definition! WHY?

      Twitchell defines "Mahanta Consciousness" in his ECKANKAR
      Dictionary, but Klemp deletes this reference in the EK Lexicon.
      Look at Klemp's Lexicon and all one can find is the definition
      for the "Mahanta" 14th Initiate. I thought the Mahanta Con.
      was supposed to be more impersonal and intangible.

      PT: "Mahanta Consciousness - The spiritual leader,
      or Godman; head of ECK;

      [ME: Well! That's not impersonal or intangible either!
      No wonder HK makes a distinction between the "full"
      14th initiate LEM/Mahanta versus the 12th or 13th
      (in training) Mahanta]

      Don't be deceived by a seemingly innocent program on "Spiritual Dreams" or "Past Lives" at your local library or community center! It's one of many ways Eckankar and other cults recruit new members. Learn the truth before you sign over your mind, heart, soul, and life insurance!! See a short intro video at: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJqkK_JDnzc and check out the links at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eckankartruth
    • Sharon
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2007
        "Godman" quotes:

        http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/eckankarsurvivors/godman.html