ECK Temple in California??

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      From the California Chela News, Don Ginn, the RESA of
      California, explains what the purpose is for the California
      Building Fund, calling it "Building for the future of
      ECKANKAR."

      In his article, Ginn states, "Marge Klemp and I were
      talking one day about what happens when religious
      organizations begin to own property. How it helps to
      establish the religion on this earth--for many generations
      to come . . . . " Actually, I think it is more about now than
      for the generations to come--eckists need a place, like
      most people in a religion do, that they can call "church."
      Such an established place/building represents in part
      the validity of a religion. Eckankar being small in numbers
      and scattered have a more difficult time with building "it
      so they will come" sort of thingie!

      It is interesting that Marge Klemp, the scorned woman of
      the mahanta/l.e.m. is still so caught up in the teachings.
      She knows the truth about eckankar and H.K., yet she
      still seemingly embraces the teachings. I assume that
      she enjoys the attention that she gets--at seminars
      conducting workshops and giving talks (her H.I. status).
      Beyond her child, what else does Marge have or rather,
      what would she be without eckankar? Probably scarey for
      her to contemplate her world after all these years . . . outside
      of the box? Perhaps, this is why so many continue to cling
      to this fake religion and go to the trouble and expense of
      building eck temples for such a tiny little group.

      Mish
    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        Hi Mish,

        I would suspect that Marge has received a settlement which she should continue to receive for as long as she remains within the teachings.  Sort of like a Social Security check from her religion.

        If she doesn't, then shame of Klemp and his Org.!  I don't know about anyone else, but if I were married to the GodMan of the entire Universe for all of those years,  I "should" expect to be compensated for those years!

        Liz