Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Digest Number 928

  • Sharon
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2007
      Mish, I had to laugh about the deer story!   They're a big issue where I live, and just recently someone writing to our local newspaper referred to them as "Pennsylvania rats".  Deer are suicidal and love to play "chicken" with cars, especially around now - it's rutting season.  Just a few weeks ago, my son stopped for a bunch of 'em crossing the road in the middle of town - they were walking, not running, and one of them walked right into his passenger door.   Duh.  Last night I was thinking I should go out in the yard with an apple or carrot and call "Yo, deer!!" and fill the freezer for winter - no gun necessary, I can just grab one and whack it on the head with a hammer.

      Anyway, years back I read a Klempstory about his muffler falling off because he and his wife were gossiping in the car.  Yeah, right.  On first reading I thought his tailpipe was probably rusted and it had *nothing* to do with gossiping, but as a good widdle eckie I stomped down those "kal" thoughts.  It's true - ekult rots the mind with its ridiculous "magical thinking" - but I think the most hilarious eckstory I ever read was the one where an eckie with a fear of flying imagined there was something wrong with the plane so she conjured up little eckangremlinmechanics who tightened up all the nuts & bolts.   The plane arrived at its destination safely and she patted herself on the back because no one else, not even the pilot, had known there was anything wrong - the plane would've crashed if this eckist hadn't been on board and saved the plane!!   Puh-leeze!!

      Both "miracles" and big bad things happen to *everyone*, whether they're eckies, Christians, atheists, Muslims (even terrorists!), or whatever.

      I'm just glad that I've gotten all that nonsense eckthink out of me.  Sometimes I'll remember some of the crap in my head when I was a member, and I get sick thinking about how stupid I was to turn off my brain and focus on the cult's b.s.   Like, when I'd stop in the store on the way home from work - it would be empty when I walked in, but when I got to the register there would be long lines.  According to Klemp, that was because so many starving souls were drawn to all that "spirit" flowing thru me!

      Anyway, the deer story *was* funny!   Oh!!   Just the other day I came around a corner on a back road nearby, and there was a great big beautiful bear sitting there on the side of the road!   It was *so* gorgeous!   Betcha it weighed about 400 lbs.  Unfortunately, it meandered across the road and ran off thru a field before I found my camera-phone in my purse.  Glad I didn't hit it - hitting a bear does a lot more damage than hitting a deer!

      Have a great weekend, everyone!

      Hugs,

      Sharon

      EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1a. Eckankar Creates Dangers to Society
      From: mishmisha9
      1b. Re: Eckankar Creates Dangers to Society
      From: prometheus_973
      1c. why?
      From: beatljif_1150
      1d. Re: Why--Does Eckankar/Religion Do What They Do?
      From: prometheus_973

      2a. ECKists Can't Comprehend PT's Shariyats
      From: prometheus_973

      Messages

      1a. Eckankar Creates Dangers to Society
      Posted by: "mishmisha9" mishmisha9@... mishmisha9
      Date: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:56 am ((PDT))

      From Hu-Chat, this nutty eck story by a very
      delusional and off balanced eckist reminds me
      of Klemp's story of driving from Las Vegas to
      California with no brakes:

      "[HU-Chat] Another ECK Miracle

      I was driving on the Freeway at 80 mile per hour - at night
      in Montana. In my headlights appeared two deer straight
      ahead of me. There was nothing I could do. But one deer
      went to the right and you couldn't have put a postage stamp
      between the car and its tail and the other one was on the
      left without a millimeter to spare while I sailed between the
      two. Utterly, totally amazing!

      :-)
      Dorothea"

      Notice how proudly this eckist tells her story, as though,
      this is a wonderful miracle proving how amazing the eck is!
      It doesn't sound like she learned anything but rather reinforced
      her delusional belief that the eck will protect "her" with no
      regard of the eck protecting society (in this case, the deer) from
      the delusional thinking and behaviors of eckists. At times, I have
      thought that eckankar is not so harmful but instead regard it as
      more of a joke, but when eckists share how they think . . . well,
      sometimes it becomes alarming.

      Self-centeredly it seems that Dorothea doesn't see this as a
      miracle for the deer, protecting them from the insanity of her
      behavior, driving at a high speed down the highway? She shows
      no regard for her dangerous actions, similar to Klemp not
      factoring in how dangerous it was for others to be on the highway
      with him when he drove intentionally with no brakes. Yes, if
      Dorothea had struck the innocent animals, she could have been
      killed, but so would have been animals! But hey, isn't this
      detachment at its best, not to mention the deer's karma of being
      there at the time this wild woman eckist was racing along!!! LOL!

      But, this is the real question--if this is such a miracle, who was it
      for? Dorothea or the deer?? I tend to think that the deer were protected
      from Dorothea, and thus, I believe it is important to protect others
      from eckankar and the delusional thinking and behaviors that evolves
      from it! ESA and other anti-eckankar sites continue to point out this
      nonsense and crazy way of thinking and behaving! Yes, eckankar is
      DANGEROUS!

      Mish

      p.s. Dorothea wrote that there was nothing she could do--at the
      terrifying moment--but of course, she created the dangerous
      situation she put herself and the deer in by driving so fast!
      Sadly, she doesn't own up to her lack of responsibility for driving at
      an unsafe speed on that highway at night. I assume that she thought
      the highway was all hers, plus, she obviously lives with the delusional
      belief as an eckist that the mahanta is protecting her at all times
      and no harm will come to her! But, hey, maybe Klemp will find
      this a wonderful story to relate in his talk at the up-coming EWWS! LOL!

      Messages in this topic (4)

      1b. Re: Eckankar Creates Dangers to Society
      Posted by: "prometheus_973" prometheus_973@... prometheus_973
      Date: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:11 pm ((PDT))

      Hi Mish,
      I agree that Doree, like many ECKists, is delusional!
      I wonder why Twitchell and Klemp never define what
      a "miracle" is in both the ECKANKAR Dictionary or in
      the Lexicon? Klemp "wrote" his Lexicon in 1998 so he
      had the opportunity to explain and define EK "miracles"
      in this source book for the public and chelas.

      Most religions have a need for both major and minor
      "miracles" in order to establish and reestablish over
      and over their truth (dogma). These stories are used
      to position themselves as the best and highest source
      of truth and knowledge over that of everyone else!

      Actually, the "miracle" stories are mostly for those
      ignorant, superstitous, and fearful followers who have
      tunnel vision and can't see that others (non-Eckists)
      have miracles too - and even greater ones! Each religion
      uses their own private religious dogma and the accounts/
      testimonies ("spiritual" stories) of their believers to,
      supposedly, show and "prove" that their reality is either
      the best or one and only "reality." All religions use "miracle"
      stories and Eckankar is a Lower Plane Religion just like all
      the rest. Eckankar is of the Mental Plane. The written and
      spoken word, as well as, thoughts are of the Mental Plane.

      And, like all religious followers Eckists just can't admit
      that they are in the same Religious Boat as the others,
      and Eckists are Not even on as high of a deck as some!

      Prometheus

      Posted by: "beatljif_1150" beatljif_1150@... beatljif_1150
      Date: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:09 pm ((PDT))

      It seems to me that IF those who join a group, ANY GROUP including the
      E group, they would be sincere in reaching and supposedly dwelling in
      states of being in God Consciousness and perhaps beyond.
      But its kinda hard to be in such states if your not at peace with
      yourself and others. Meaning trying to define reality for a group of
      people. Rescuing them is curious because being weighed down by their
      constant neurosis over "ARE WE THERE YET"? would probably create a
      descent for the mouthpiece of god themself.
      Eventually contradictions will occur and give the already fueled
      fire, more fuel for the fire, adding still more confusion.
      Why a person wants to rescue the multitude is a study in itself.
      Issues with being incomplete are not a good motivation to help others.
      Was Twich complete according to Sighn?Probably not, and this is
      the fallacy-holding people down while claiming otherwise. The Indian
      continent is historically full of this help and hinder virus which
      riddles the Sound and Light paths there; and as a social virus have
      spread to the american continent.
      Controlling others and liberating are at odds, and dont liberate
      anyone.
      Most people who know dont go around gathering lost sheep,least they
      become lost themselves.

      Date: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:59 am ((PDT))

      Hello and welcome,
      Yes, some religions do try to liberate people while,
      also, wanting to control them. However, I doubt that
      being a member of these religions and following the
      group's dogma would lead people to dwell in states
      of Beingness, God Consciousness, or Beyond. IMO
      any dogma will hinder an individual's personal and
      private spiritual growth. The group's consciousness
      will always be lower than what the individual Soul
      can achieve through It's own journey via privately
      studying/sampling a number of masters/teachers
      words, experiences, opinions and techniques.

      The problem with Eckankar is the Lack of interplane/
      intercommunication with the Whole. For example:
      Eckists see the Astral as negative and bad versus part
      of the Seamless Unification of the Fabric of Life. This
      Unity of Consciousness includes all planes and subplanes
      of IT/WHY/WHATEVER. However, religion loves its ability
      to separate, limit, and to conform individuals. Contradictions
      exist within all religions because all religions are full of
      lies and the religious leaders are liars and manipulators
      looking for money and power, as well as, masses of believers
      to show & prove how intelligent, spiritual, and humble
      they are.

      BTW- Here's a quote from EK's big Hare's Auto, pg.341:
      "Choices in life sometimes appear to be no choice at all.
      This was such a time. COMMON SENSE said, 'Fix the brakes!
      LIVE MOMENT TO MOMENT. What good is money if you have
      a wreck?' ... So I went to the temple of my heart to pose the
      question: stay or go? The Inner Master [Darwin?] said, 'Go!
      I am always with you.' We hoped so. It would take more than
      luck to survive the Orange County freeways during rush hour
      without brakes."

      Apparently Klemp rejected using 'Common Sense' or the 'Live
      Moment to Moment' in the Here and Now or of using sane
      judgment!

      Yet, aren't these EK principles that he preaches to his chelas?!
      Instead, HK tells of stacking a car to the ceiling and overloading
      it and then driving onto a rush hour freeway without brakes!
      I'm certain that other idiots have done the same and survived
      as well... and I'll bet they're Not Eckists with an "Inner Master"
      to protect them!

      The bigger question is: What is Klemp teaching his chelas
      and the ECK YOUTH with such stupid stories showing his
      irresponsibility and a total lack of concern for the well being
      of others?! See! This is just more proof of HK's continued
      imbalance, anti-social attitude, and lack of empathy for
      others. This should have been edited or revised (in this
      year 2000 copyright) and shown in a different light rather
      than in such a negative one for chelas to emulate. Or, did
      HK get mentally confused with what he was trying to say
      regarding 'Common Sense' and 'Live Moment To Moment?'
      Fakes and False Prophets do tend to slip up the more they
      speak about themselves.

      "beatljif_1150" wrote:

      It seems to me that IF those who join a group, ANY GROUP
      including the E group, they would be sincere in reaching and
      supposedly dwelling in states of being in God Consciousness
      and perhaps beyond.

      But its kinda hard to be in such states if your not at peace with
      yourself and others. Meaning trying to define reality for a group
      of people. Rescuing them is curious because being weighed down
      by their constant neurosis over "ARE WE THERE YET"? would probably
      create descent for the mouthpiece of god themself.

> [...]

      > > > from it! ESA and other anti-eckankar sites continue to point out this
      > > > nonsense and crazy way of thinking and behaving! Yes, eckankar is
      > > > DANGEROUS!
      > > >
      > > > Mish
      > > >
      > > > p.s. Dorothea wrote that there was nothing she could do--at the
      > > > terrifying moment--but of course, she created the dangerous
      > > > situation she put herself and the deer in by driving so fast!
      > > > Sadly, she doesn't own up to her lack of responsibility for driving at
      > > > an unsafe speed on that highway at night. I assume that she thought
      > > > the highway was all hers, plus, she obviously lives with the
      > delusional
      > > > belief as an eckist that the mahanta is protecting her at all times
      > > > and no harm will come to her! But, hey, maybe Klemp will find
      > > > this a wonderful story to relate in his talk at the up-coming

      Messages in this topic (4)

      Date: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:07 am ((PDT))

      ECKists should reread the last few pages of Chapter 4
      in the Shariyat I. Since all words and thoughts are said
      to be of the 4th Mental Plane Chelas should use these
      reasoning processes to understand what is or is Not
      being communicated in this 1st Section (Earth Plane)
      portion of their Bible (Holy Book).

      Twitchell states that "The highest of all spiritual regions,
      the Kingdom of the Sugmad... is the Anami, the nameless
      region."

      Well, I guess that since it's called the "Anami" that the
      "nameless" Does Have A Name! Duh!

      Also, isn't it interesting that this "highest of all spiritual
      regions, the Kingdom of the Sugmad" is the 10th Plane!
      The LEM is a 12th and 13th Plane Initiate. Each EK
      Initiation Number represents the Plane of Consciousness
      that the EK chela's consciousness is established upon (or
      at least the previous number or plane)! This is why initiation
      Numbers are so important to Eckists (whether they admit
      to it or not)!

      This comment, by Twitchell, represents only one of many
      flaws in his Eckankar dogma that he created early on. The
      real reason for the additional Planes (11-14) being "higher"
      than the one Sugmad resides upon (the 10th) is that other
      religions such as Radhasoami and Ruhani Satsang, also,
      mention the Anami Lok. "THE PATH of the MASTERS" contains
      these references and this was PT's main resource book.

      Twit felt compelled to create something greater AFTER he
      had his fall out with Kirpal Singh over his fictionalized "The
      Tiger's Fang" manuscript in 1965-66. PT then edited his
      own writings, but did not correct everything. As the "Mahanta"
      PT could explain away anything and everything since all
      others were below his newly created 14th Plane awareness
      (Catch-22 again!).

      Here's another quote in this Shariyat Chapter 4 of Book One:
      "--the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad--... Each plane has a portion of
      of this holy manuscript, ACCORDING TO THE UNDERSTANDING
      OF THE CHELAS who reach this plane."

      So, who determines what "UNDERSTANDING" is true for the each
      individual CHELA's consciousness? Shouldn't this be Soul?! Nope!
      In the Eckankar religion the one who determines what is true
      or false for the "group consciousness" is the LEM. And, the one
      who determines what is true or false for each individual Soul
      is Not Soul - it is the LEM/Mahanta!

      However, why does Klemp need to explain a 1st or 2nd Plane
      (Kal) "portion" of the Shariyat to Chela's whose consciousness
      is established on Higher Planes? Do ECKists need HK to explain
      everything? At what initiation level are they permitted to stand
      upon their own "spiritual" legs? Afterall, a 3rd Initiate and "Higher"
      should be able to "understand" the Shariyat Book Two!
      However, shouldn't Book One be even easier for Chelas to
      comprehend ! Except, they can't and won't see the Truth!
      Instead, Klemp will always be there to lead around by the nose!
      The real Truth (the fraud) is too painful and fearful for them to
      see. And, their foolishment is too difficult for them to admit!

      Here's another quote from Chapter 4: "Those who watch over
      the golden scripts of the Sugmad are the NINE UNKNOWN GODS
      of ETERNITY. They are different from the ECK Masters who act
      as the teachers, instructers, and watch-guards for the portions
      of the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad kept upon each plane. The NINE
      UNKNOWN GODS are the KEEPERS of the DIVINE FLAME of WISDOM.
      They LET ONLY A FEW INTO THEIR TEMPLES to learn the deeper
      knowledge of what the SECRET TRUTHS might hold for them."

      What ever happened to the NINE SILENT ONES? Twitchell now,
      early on in Book One, calls these Beings "Gods." Has Klemp ever
      mentioned, in 25 years, this connection with these NINE GODS
      and the WISDOM TEMPLES? I don't think so!

      Also, HK has NEVER said that only a chosen "FEW" (chelas and
      non-chelas too?) get into "THEIR (the Nine Unknown Gods)
      TEMPLES." Yet, here it is in writing in their Holy Book!

      More later--

      Prometheus

      ***
      prometheus wrote:

> [...]
      > the "inner" in this present life with hopes of even greater adventures
      > and rewards in the Continuation of Existence after this physical life?!
      > Of course, and this is also the Kal Trap that Klemp preaches in order
      > to prevent Souls from leaving his fold/prison of illusion!
      >
      > Therefore, Eckankar (like any religion) is a mixed bag of half-truths
      > whose goal is to increase membership. They all do this by making a
      > lot of promises that their competition (other religions) make with
      > a different spin. Eckankar's spin includes the multi-level
      > initiations, the belief in Soul (as us), the multiple Planes, karma,
      > Masters, the LEM/Mahanta etc. to set itself apart from other Western/
      > Eastern New Age religions. It's a hodge-podge religion with some
      > Christian Bible quotes (King James Version) along with references
      > to Rumi, etc. thrown in for good measure!
      >
      > Eckists have to develop a good imagination just to believe these
      > ramblings of half-truths. Unfortunately, as one believes and accepts
      > more and more while surrendering logic, common sense, and critical
      > thinking they also become more deluded and dependent upon the
      > fictional andimaginary Mahanta to make every decision for them.
      > Co-dependence is disguised as Co-workership and this becomes
      > the manipulated, passive, and narcissistic reality for most of these
      > Eckists. This dysfunction causes other maladies which tend to
      > increase through the years and with each "Higher" Initiation level.
      >
      > Anyway, please feel free to coment more!

      > "Billie Watkins Jr" samaustinashlee_billiewjr@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "THIS IS NOT A SITE for those Eckists who want to do their vahana
      > > > (missionary) work by thinking they need to argue for Eckankar or
      > > > protect their beloved mahanta from the truth. If Klemp is what he says
      > > > (but he isn't!) then why would he need to be protected from the Truth
      > > > and the comments shared on this site? Therefore, arguments defending
      > > > Eckankar will be DELETED. Sorry, if you want to do battle for Eckankar
      > > > find another site. Besides, the Spiritual Volunteer Guidelines for
      > > > posting on the Internet states that Eckists shouldn't get into negative
      > > > discussions about Eckankar. If you go against the guidelines approved
      > > > by HK then you also go against your mahanta."
      > > >

      > > I really like what you have stated. I have been doing Yoga for
      > > about 10 years and I recently started going to a gym here at University
      > > of New Orleans. The head instructor ask me to come to her (she is the
      > > head of the organization here) to group for several events this weekend.
      > >
      > > I learned in my life, starting with "Believe half of what you see and
      > > nothing that you read",politics and christianity, I don't buy into,
      > > pardon me, any shit anyone has to sell me.
      > >
      > > I obviously did not go, spent time with my family, and told myself
      > > to do some research online to see about this eakaradagedoodee stuff.
      > >
      > > I guess people need a savior, no matter how they get it. This has,
      > > and still does, happen all the time. Anyway, enough of my babal,

      Messages in this topic (3)

      <*> Your email settings:
      Digest Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous-normal@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2007
        Hi, Sharon--thanks for sharing. I didn't remember the Klemp
        muffler story, but I imagine if gossiping causes such things
        to happen in his life, he probably suffers a lot of problems
        on a daily basis. I imagine that he still gossips a lot, and the
        true purpose of his "lesson" story was to stop eckists from
        gossiping about him!! LOL! I noted in another post on Hu-Chat
        that someone is wanting to know Klemp's birth date . . . to
        celebrate it, I guess! It is so interesting that Klemp shares so
        little about his personal life including that bit of fact! What's
        up with that???

        Anyway, regarding eck stories--how eckists create eck stories
        in their minds such as the airplane repair one you shared and
        the little mundanes of everyday life, I was reminded on a recent
        trip when noticing some panhandlers along the highway, how
        eckists are proned to view them as possible eck masters. With
        the up-coming EWWS, I have read that eckists are especially in
        the habit of giving to beggars at such events because as
        mentioned they "get it" on the inner that such a ragged individual
        is an eck master testing their spiritual awareness/consciousness,
        and so they tend to give alms freely to the beggars. It makes the
        eckists feel sooooo good to be so kind. Well, as it happened, I
        noticed this one particular beggar at the exit ramp of an interstate
        highway. I was pulling into the immediate gas station to fuel up.
        Spending some time in the station's convenience store, I saw the
        beggar come in, go swiftly to the coolers. I decided to watch what
        he did so I stayed a little longer. There was a milk and soft drink
        cooler and then there was the one containing the alcohol. The
        beggar came to the checkout counter with a tall cold beer and a
        small bottle of whisky. He pulled out his wallet that had a few bills
        in it and paid with a five! He didn't purchase any nutritional food--
        just the alcoholic beverages--looked happy as he stashed this in
        his traveling bag and was on his way! Such is the life of an eck
        master, eh??? LOL!

        I was especially interested in the beggar because the day before
        I had encountered another one at another gas station. I had to
        wonder if I should help this person out or if it was just a con, an
        intentional way of life for some. It is difficult to know what to
        do in such cases, but for sure, these beggars are not eck
        masters, and even if they would be (yeah, eck masters are
        fictional), wouldn't the test be not to give?? I mean what is the
        real motive to help such people out but to actually gain from
        the charity one is giving--the motive of growing in spirituality
        and conjuring up silly eck stories. So, in truth, eckists are not
        giving away something for free, but have their own motives for
        personal gain!

        Sharon, I agree with you that miracles and big bad things
        happen to everyone--it is part of living for all and not assigned
        to just a few. Our challenge is always what we have to deal
        with in our personal lives knowing that it does radiant out into
        society at large and the world.

        But back to the beggars, perhaps, any eckist reading about
        my recent encounters with beggars along the highway will
        have a deeper look into what might be and not be concerning
        those asking for handouts. The bottom line is these beggars
        are not eck masters and never will be. As to their true need
        or why they are needful, well, we don't usually know and
        have to decide on the spot whether to give them a helping
        hand or ignore them. That is not easy!

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Sharon