ECKANKAR: September 2007 "The H.I. Letter"

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2007
      Hello All,
      Klemp speaks of "Tomorrow" as he continues to make
      promises that he can never keep. Have you ever seen
      those whimsical signs stating: Free Beer Tomorrow!
      This is pretty much the same thing.

      ECKists are not directly told to use their imaginations
      in this article, although, doing so is always implied
      and KEY in regard to having "unique" experiences that
      are actually common to Non-ECKists as well. There can
      be NO comparisons to other realities, or possibilities,
      when living with blinders on and within the bubble of
      ECKANKAR's delusional dogma.

      HK: "Finding God is the sole purpose of your life. In a
      sense, it is like the old saying: 'All roads lead to Rome.'

      ME: BTW-No "roads" lead to SPIRIT. It's still an Individual
      "PATH." ECKANKAR is a "road" to Religion. And, the old
      saying of 'All roads lead to Rome' was wrong anyway! It
      was an exaggeration or pov because it only seemed like
      this was true for their part of the world, at that time, and
      from their limited and bias perspective. Then again, is
      Klemp really saying, 'All roads (Religions) lead to Rome
      (God)?' See, once again H.I.s are to fill-in the blanks and
      imagine a happy version of a lower reality, EK, as being
      the "Highest."

      HK: "BUT first you needed to learn the reason for that
      gnawing hunger you had inside you before coming to
      ECKANKAR. With tiny, trembling steps, you made your
      way into an uncertain TOMORROW."

      ME: Is Klemp doing a review of his own past feelings?
      Too bad that the ECK Youth never went through this
      stage before entering ECKANKAR! On the other hand
      I always knew the reason for my "gnawing hunger"
      because I was a seeker of God/Truth at a very young
      age. However, I didn't take "tiny, trembling steps" as
      Klemp had. I, sometimes, went where angels feared to
      tread and didn't concern myself with "tomorrow."
      Perhaps, due to Klemp's advancing age, he is now
      more fearful of "tomorrow."

      HK: "TOMORROW always comes and then drifts on like
      a dream that never was."

      ME: Actually, "tomorrow" never comes because it lies in
      an eternal FUTURE. There is always the PRESENT and the
      PAST. This is the reality that we work with and use daily
      in order to practice what we preach via life experiences
      for Soul's unfoldment. If one can't get this reality right
      then there's no purpose for Soul to escape in dreams
      or other imagined "realities."

      HK: "TOMORROW bows before all the TOMORROWS
      to come. And they routinely appear until consumed
      by no-time, no-space, no-thing. All gone!"

      ME: Klemp seems kind of confused. "Tomorrow" only
      exists in the realm of time and space. "Tomorrow" is
      a Lower World Mental concept. "NO-THING" should
      not be compared to a time/space concept even though
      it SEEMS LIKE "tomorrow" is Eternal.

      HK: "TOMORROWS are like spent booster rockets that
      have lifted their payloads into outer space, then fall
      away, unneeded."

      ME: So! Klemp previously said that "tomorrows routinely
      appear until consumed by... no-space, no-thing." Now
      tomorrows "are like spent booster rockets" going "into
      outer space." Klemp contradicts himself and doesn't even
      see it!

      HK: "You eventually come to see TOMORROWS for what
      they are. They merely serve as doors, windows, or
      instruments to help you on your way to finding God."

      ME: Strange. Klemp mentioned that "tomorrows" were
      consumed until they were "All gone!" Now "they are
      instruments" like "doors, windows." ECKists will probably
      explain Klemp's confusion in terms of a paradox. I'd
      grab at straws, too, if I was still an ECKist! Besides,
      haven't H.I.s already discovered their own truth concerning
      "tomorrow" by now? I have! So, why is Klemp giving his
      philosophy of "tomorrow?" Unless, it's on the minds of
      the older chelas (himself included) as they fear the near
      (tomorrow) conclusion of their lives. Klemp should have
      much more fear than his trusting chelas. He knows that
      he's a phoney and a liar!

      HK: "So love the Mahanta. Trust him. For he is the
      Wayshower, the one who has been there, found God."

      ME: What ever happened to the ECK (SPIRIT) or to
      SUGMAD? Or, is the Mahanta just a concept that has
      nothing to do with Klemp. IMO Twitchell created the
      "MAHANTA" for himself only. It's purpose was to Not
      Only give himself ultimate authority and power over
      his critics and chelas, while at the same time, he saw
      this title or image as a model for Beingness and a goal
      to be realized in the Here and Now by "acting as if" it
      had already been reached in order to give it momentum
      in an expanding reality. Unfortunately the concept only
      led to more delusion himself and his followers in a
      promised land called "tomorrow."

      HK: "He can choose the right roads, pick the best
      rest stops, and thus bring you to your destination
      by the most advantageous route."

      ME: So is the Mahanta now like GPS? Why is ECKANKAR
      a Co-dependent religion like all others? When do H.I.s
      achieve the promises of Self-Mastery and Spiritual
      Freedom... TOMORROW! LOL!

      Klemp then pads the rest of his article with comments
      from The RESA STAR by three other ECKists and one
      is a Second Initiate!

      HK: 'Elizabeth,' a longtime High Initiate... says, 'In my
      spiritual life, I'm searching for even deeper answers--
      to life, to God--and then I find it all boils down to
      oneself. We become master of ourself, and it is all
      up to me. To living in the eternal moment, for it's
      all I have.'

      ME: Yes! There is no "Mahanta" other than Your Self!
      Live in the eternal moment of NOW. Not in a "tomorrow."

      It's, also, interesting that this longtime H.I. is still
      'searching for even deeper answers--to life, to God'
      when she has had Klemp, the LEM/Mahanta, to lead
      her and to teach her on the outer and Inner for 25 years
      himself! Yet, she is still hungry for spiritual food!
      What good and purpose does Klemp serve, unless,
      it's only as a feel good distraction of more promises
      fulfilled "Tomorrow."

      Prometheus
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2007
        Prometheus,
        You are a very insightful writer. I enjoy reading your comments.
        It makes me feel better about the photos of Harry I have been
        posting at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/funwithharry/

        There are now over 120 pictures of Harry in riduculous situations.
        Drop by and have a look.

        Also, if you have it, could you post the 'word' for access what is
        below?
        ==========
        Guidelines for ECK High Initiates
        Additional login required. User name is "eckhi" and password is the
        first word of six or more characters in the body of Sri Harold's
        article in the current issue of the H.I. Letter. (Password changes
        one month after each new issue is mailed.)
        ==========
        Thanks
        Steve

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 8, 2007
          Hi Steve,
          Here are the keys to what you are looking for:

          June 2007 H.I. Letter (first sentence)
          "The Mahanta reaches out for seekers in surprising ways."
          [Mahanta]

          Sept. 2007 H.I. Letter (first sentence)
          "Finding God is the sole purpose of your life."
          [Finding]

          Prometheus