Re: Why "Forever" On 4th Plane Writings

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hello and welcome to the site!
      Thank you for your comments. Please feel free
      to post on other topics as well.

      Prometheus

      David wrote:

      Hello Prometheus,
      I have been reading your site for many months and
      have decided to attempt a post since you have been
      respectful to fellow Eckist Etznab.

      I like the fact that this is a site where "disgruntled
      and frustrated Eckists" can post anonymously.
      Unfortunately, this is one important point that is
      missing within Eckankar because criticism is always
      seen as a negative that must be avoided at all costs.

      I won't attemp to get into a debate or even a back
      and forth discussion as to our differing opinions of
      Eck. Instead I think that I will just share my pov of the
      things that we can come close to agree upon. Truth
      is mostly subjective anyway.

      1.) You make some good points concerning the
      Shariyat Books One and Two and Harold's comments
      in the Mystic World. There are contradictions when
      Harold states that thoughts and words are Mental
      Plane and that Eckists need to read the Eck Holy Books
      (our Bibles) 'forever' in order to comprehend this finite
      Mental Plane knowledge. Harold (the man) sounds and
      acts way too Christian for me to believe in him completely.
      That's why I look to the Mahanta.

      2.) You make another good point with each Section or
      Book of the Shariyat representing a corresponding Plane
      of Consciousness - up to the 12th Plane. It is an unusual
      circumstance when the Second Section of the Shariyat is
      located on the Physical Plane along with the First (earth)
      Section whereas the others, 3rd Causal Plane and 4th Mental
      Plane, Sections of the Shariyat are not located here for us
      to read. Many Eckists I've spoken to have been disappointed
      and puzzled with Harold for not having written or transcribed
      these other two Books since they too are of the lower worlds
      as you have pointed out.

      3.) You make another good point about Eckankar's Creation
      Myth involving the Garden of Eden and Adom and Ede. I admit
      that pointing this out does add to the confusion and doubts
      that many Eckists already have. But, sometimes the Truth does
      hurt because change and the expansion of awareness can
      become uncomfortable until we take out the trash! Truth is
      always the better choice (for me) over fiction and ignorance.

      David

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
        It is not necessary to join as a member in order
        to post messages, to read the archives, or to view
        the Links. However, all postings and members are
        moderated, UNTIL, the site owner [me] or the other
        moderators decide to take a site member OFF
        their Moderated Status.

        Once again, this site is mostly for the former members
        of ECKANKAR who want to share their experiences
        with this Religious Cult created in 1965. However,
        it is also for current frustrated and disgruntled EK
        chelas who have the need to speak out.

        Whistle Blowers Unite! Question Authority!

        Those wishing to can remain Anonymous. Creating
        a NEW Yahoo Email Account (ID) is very easy and
        one just needs to look on Yahoo's Main Page for
        this information.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
          Dave,

             I was under the impression that the Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad,
          Book Two, corresponded with the Astral Plane.

          Etznab

          **************************************
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 8, 2007
            I don't think Harold has written Shariyats 3 and 4 because he has no
            one to copy from, and can't access the astral plane library to read
            it there. LOL
            Steve

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
              Hi Etznab,
              I thought I'd reply to your response to David,
              and to his comments too.

              Yes! The Shariyat Book Two is supposed to
              correspond to the Astral Plane. So, should
              that Section of the Shariyat be read with
              feeling and emotion, or is it directed to
              influence (via vibration) one's Astral Body?

              It seems strange that the Four Zoas, EK Initiations,
              etc. would be explained in a ASTRAL Section of
              the Shariyat versus a Mental Plane or higher Section.

              Apparently Twitchell did finish several chapters
              of the Shariyat Book Three (Causal Section) before
              his untimely death. Unfortunately, Klemp has been
              unable to complete this "transcription."

              It seems that many ECKists view their own private
              ECKANKAR as individuals rather than with a group
              or mass mentality. Then again, ECKANKAR promotes
              an individual division of consciousness due to
              the separation created by many Initiation Circles
              and the many local RESA Hierarchical positions of
              authority, Co-workership, as an "explorer" or "settler"
              or both!

              And, it was always stated that ECKANKAR was an
              Individual Path and that New ECKists could study
              the discourses on their own at home and Need Not
              go to a center or to meetings. And, that after receiving
              the Second Initiation that Soul Need Not return to the
              Physical Plane for a rebirth.

              There are things about the ECK Teachings that most
              ECKists view as both Literal and Figurative. Many take
              a "Literal View" that ECKANKAR is an "Individual Path."

              ECKists will also accept, literally, "Soul is a Law unto Itself."

              There are other concepts that that ECKists can accept
              literally, but there are also many concepts that ECKists
              see in "figurative" terms. Maybe the Mahanta is seen
              as a figurative concept of Divine personal love. Yes,
              Klemp being the "Mahanta" is a more figurative belief,
              than literal, because the LEM is literally in charge of
              ECKANKAR while the Mahanta is supposed to be a state
              of "Consciousness" that is broad and all encompassing,
              and Loving rather than narrow and exclusive. Except,
              Klemp does his best at excluding others from his exalted
              and private kingdom (of Mahanta Consciousness) where
              he alone is King of the Hill... Forever, or until death do
              us part! Therefore, as LEM HK is King of the outer (for
              ECKists) and as Mahanta HK is King of the Inner.

              Of course, it's obvious to many that it's just a charade.
              It's all acting "as if" this or that is true. Words and imagination
              become real when people need a religious "fix."

              Prometheus

              p.s.
              Announcing your plans is a good way to see God laugh.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
                Prometheus,

                   I liked your inclusion, or use of the word "figurative". Like with many
                different things, I tend to believe outer information is only like the tip of
                an iceberg. I imagine the rest, and that which supports the visible, has
                to be discovered through personal experience.

                   Much of recorded history, I believe, represents only a fraction of the
                whole truth - the actual truth. Like the tip of an iceberg represents but
                a fraction of that which supports it.

                   Sharing my humble opinion.

                Etznab

                **************************************
                See what's new at http://www.aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
                  Hi, Etznab and everyone!

                  I agree that recorded history is only a fraction of the
                  whole truth. I don't really know how one could possibly
                  write it all down accurately as it involves too much action
                  and reaction all to varying degrees of the participants. I'd
                  think one would almost have to record everything from
                  moment to moment to get it, but yet even then there is all
                  the misunderstandings and lack of fully absorbing what
                  goes on at all times and then resulted effects.

                  I find it interesting as Prometheus wrote in his post,
                  "Apparently Twitchell did finish several chapters
                  of the Shariyat Book Three (Causal Section) before
                  his untimely death. Unfortunately, Klemp has been
                  unable to complete this 'transcription,'"that Klemp
                  can't finish the Shariyat 3!! Why is that when
                  Klemp has written that he has seen Paul busily writing in
                  the Astral Library that Klemp is so incompetent and unable
                  to complete this task? If Klemp can see Paul there, why hasn't
                  the one master connected to the present master of the
                  universe?? Why doesn't old Twitch help Klemp out here? Well,
                  let's see, could it all be lies! I think so! LOL! I doubt very
                  much if all the research of eckankar history will prove
                  otherwise. This one fact, that of Klemp failing to complete
                  volume 3 of the Shariyat, is enough damning evidence to
                  show that Klemp and eckankar is a fraud!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 10, 2007
                    Here's what Twitchell states (circa June, 1971)
                    about having more than Two Shariyats:

                    "It's coming through--the whole history of ECK
                    is coming through now in The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad,
                    and this is where all you people are going to be at
                    an advantage because you've been at a disadvantage
                    before. When somebody asks you about the background
                    of ECKANKAR, you never knew what to say, so now
                    you're going to have the advantage of it. 'Cause with
                    all of that, see, I WRITE BOOKS IN SERIES. I HAVE FOUR
                    BOOKS THAT ARE FINISHED NOW; WELL, THE SHARIYAT
                    IS A CONTINUED WRITING, BUT I'VE GOT THREE BOOKS
                    ACTUALLY. IN THE NEXT SERIES, I'M TAKING UP THE
                    MAHANTA AND ALL THE HISTORY OF THE MAHANTA
                    BACK TO THE BEGINNING, SO YOU PEOPLE WILL HAVE
                    SOMETHING YOU CAN GO BY." [Difficulties Of Becoming
                    The Living ECK Master, pages 135-136]

                    Isn't it, also, interesting to see the real writing style
                    of Twitchell as he explains WHY he is writing the fake
                    history for ECKists to use when gathering new members.
                    Is it any wonder, then, that PT's plagarisms sound like
                    another person... or was that just good editing!

                    But, it seems that No Edit was done on this Book and
                    these Comments that were written just months prior to
                    PT's death.

                    Prometheus

                    mishmisha wrote:

[...]
                    Mish

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 11, 2007
                      Twitchell mentions the Shariyat and states he has
                      "Four Books that are finished now," and says, "I
                      write books in series." PT also says, "the Shariyat
                      is a continued writing" and then he backpeddals
                      by stating, "but I've Got Three Books Actually."
                      This shows where Twit has once again made
                      an exaggeration by stating he had Four Shariyats
                      and then states that he "actually" had Three.
                      However, these comments also suggest that PT
                      was planning to write all 12 Sections of the Shariyat.

                      So, once again we have to wonder... What's wrong
                      with Klemp that he can't fill Twitchell's shoes, and
                      has to rely upon Two 37 year old Shariyat Holy
                      Books for ECKANKAR? It's bad enough that these
                      Two Shariyat Sections only represent the first Two
                      Lower Planes, but they are also 37 years old and
                      are not current teachings. Yet Klemp states that
                      ECKists could/should read them "Forever!"

                      BTW- Why doesn't Klemp offer the book, "Difficulties
                      Of Becoming The Living ECK Master?" Klemp should
                      reprint this book or at least make it available in "ebook"
                      form [and unedited] for all ECKists to read... it's EK
                      History! The reason that this will never happen is
                      because Klemp fears the truth and doesn't want to
                      be bothered with the questions that would arise. Why
                      not just keep ECKists in the dark. It's easier this way,
                      and is what a KAL agent would do. Isn't that the purpose
                      of all religion... ECKANKAR included? Keep Soul trapped
                      and distracted with delusional promises by an "All
                      Knowing" leader with "Holy" scripture to back him up.

                      And notice that with religion it's always a male leader
                      that has exclusive power over all but even more power
                      over women. Why has there never been a Female Mahanta
                      when a female can be an ECK Master?! They can't incarnate
                      and handle the lower world physical vibrations when in
                      a female (negative) body?! What a load of Bull SH_T! That
                      only applies to the LEM anyway and Not to a Mahanta,
                      and one Does Not need to be both... correct? ECKists
                      just need to clear the cobwebs out and "think" like they
                      use to. ECKANKAR has more similaries to other religions,
                      especially since Klemp took over, than they would care
                      to admit. Don't let all of those female RESAs and 8th
                      and 9th Initiates fool you. None are as high as a "potential"
                      Male LEM/Mahanta.

                      Prometheus
                      p.s. I liked the U2 9/11 video clip, except, for the
                      end where G.W. makes a heartfelt comment that
                      someone else obviously wrote for him.