Re: Eckankar: The H.I. Letter June 2005

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 20, 2005
      Hello Prometheus,

      > No no, it is somewhat complicated, but not too much for you to
      > understand. One just needs more years of indoctrination and
      intense
      > brainwashing of the dogma. That's what those leadership classes
      are
      > for!

      Indeed! When I started the leadership training, I didn't know that
      my leaving was only a few weeks ahead. So I had 2 of those trainings
      and the handbook of course. What I found good was that you could
      concentrate on something positive in your day-to-day life because
      the exercises were meant to be made between the trainings. But, of
      course then there was that recruiting aspect - selling the teachings
      to others. I was really glad that I didn't get far enough to be
      really "trained". Before I gave away the book, I read it till the
      end and I know I couldn't have put up with those techniques. So I am
      glad I found Confessions - but I think either way, I wouldn't have
      lasted much longer in Eckankar. In any case it would have been a
      book that would have brought me away - hadn't it been Confessions,
      it would have been the leadership handbook for sure! ;-)

      > True, critical thinking in regards to Eckankar has been eliminated
      > due to total acceptance and trust. One no longer has to think.
      It's
      > like being in the military and doing what you are told. Eckankar
      > even has a hierarchy like the military does. Klemp did say that he
      > enjoyed his time in the U.S. Air Force, and in the Luthern
      seminary
      > in went to as well.

      HK talks about his military career quite a bit indeed as far as I
      remember. And, of course, you don't ask because you get everything
      on the inner. By the way, I have read recently that Kirpal Singh,
      Paul's master whom Paul forgot to acknowledge later on, didn't think
      very highly about experiences or soul travel in dreams. He rated the
      conscious travels - in the waking state much higher because he
      thought dreams couldn't really be relied upon. Interesting aspect
      for me!

      >Funny, but there are many higher initiates that
      > are just as bad with their own egomania and self-deceptions.

      Well, good and long practice ... ;-)

      > >***But, if one doesn't have anything better to replace it
      > (Eckankar) with then it does give a false sense of security.

      There are people who wouldn't have anything left without the
      teachings. It would be cruel to take it from them, and if they are
      ready to take the step, then it's a huge difficulty for them, which
      I understand. Not easy at all, and a lot of courage is needed!

      Ingrid
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 20, 2005
        Hello Prometheus,

        I forgot one comment in my previous post:

        > If this 6th initiate let anyone know that he had read Ford's book
        > and had doubts about Eckankar... then I'm not so sure that he has
        > received his 7th by now. If I was his RESA I'd have put him on a
        > five year probation!

        I don't know how many knew of this. He had told us about Ford
        Johnson and thus contributed a great deal to our leaving and
        spiritual liberation. :-) He then told me personally that he would
        not leave Eckankar because Ford's path was based on destruction and
        that this was something PT hadn't done. I told him that if he
        thought that all the lies were better, well ... And I told him that
        I would not congratulate him on the 7th (because he had received it
        by then) because due to the knowledge gained from reading Ford's
        book, he must know that this isn't worth anything. I haven't heard
        from him much since. It's a pity because he is a beautiful
        individual and very smart. Well, that's life I guess! :-))