Sad State Of Affairs

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2007
      I just know how much some of us enjoy some humor first thing in the morning?  Well, this isn't it....  :-/

      STATE OF AFFAIRS A conversation between a Customer and Bank of America Bank: This is the Bank of America, can I help you?

      Customer: Yes, I want to cancel my account. I don't want to do business with you any longer.

      Bank: Why?

      Customer: You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't think it's right. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

      Bank: Well, Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but we can't

      stop you. I'll help you close the account. What is your account number?

      Customer: (gives account number)

      Bank: For security purposes and for your protection, can you please give

      me the last four digits of your social security number?

      Customer: No.

      Bank: Mr. Customer, I need to verify your information, but in order to help you, I'll need verification of who you are.

      Customer: Why should I give you my social security number? The reason I'm closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants who don't have social security numbers. You are targeting that audience and want their business. Let's say I'm an illegal immigrant and you've given me a credi t card. I have a question about it and call for information. You wouldn't be asking me for a Social Security number, would you?

      Bank: No sir, I wouldn't.

      Customer: Why not?

      Bank: Because you would have pressed '2' to speak in Spanish. We don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.

      CHECK THIS OUT ON SNOPES! IT'S TRUE!

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.