    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2007
      Hi, Ingrid . . . and Rich!

      Actually, I think what Rich submitted to be posted is
      okay in that it gives us all an opportunity to look at
      and consider Doug's new book and its promotion.

      Also, I think it is fine for anyone who wants to read
      this site, and I do mean anyone, and then decides to
      send a post is okay as well. Of course, it is understood
      that non-members' posts have to be approved as
      Prometheus did approve Rich's post and then responded
      to it.

      While Rich considers Doug's book a thing of value, and
      we obviously don't, there is that difference of opinion.
      One can read the discussions on A.R.E. to see more of
      what Rich has said about Doug's book there--Rich is
      promoting it as a great piece of writing that helps to
      substantiate and validate PT's created religion eckankar.
      However, on ESA, we have the opposite and differing view.

      You are correct, Ingrid, that this site doesn't debate with
      eckists in general because debating does wear oneself
      out--takes a lot of energy. But presenting a different
      view point or information is okay at times--the reader
      is always left to decide what seems reasonable and
      of importance to him or her. No one can control a
      another's thinking or influence another as long as the
      reader holds on to and further develops his/her own
      critical thinking skills! : )

      p.s. Rich, thanks for sending in the link to Doug's site--
      I'm going to check it out more later when I have more time
      --for curiosity's sake! I did look at Doug's pic there
      already. That was interesting to see what Doug looks
      like, too! LOL!

      Ingrid <ctecvie@...> wrote:
      > wow, Rich!
      > I knew you read ESA - as you read all the pro and con eckankar
      > But here, I don't think we will engage in discussions with you ... :-)
      > A pity for you, isn't it?
      > Anyway, take care
      > Ingrid
      REVEALED (via Imagination)
      > The Whole Truth
      > The Spiritual Legacy of Paul Twitchell
      > by Doug Marman
      > The Whole Truth includes archived photos and information on Paul Twitchell
      > that have never been published before.
      > I was very elated to read your book The Whole Truth. I thought, finally, someone got the
      whole thing right. Eckankar was Paul's way of life and the way he lived. I loved Paul very
      much. I believed in him. I embraced everything he did. It was my life too. To my
      knowledge I have never said anything against Paul or Eckankar. I'm not sure where people
      come up with this nonsense. The point now is, Doug, you are the one who has taken Paul's
      work and put it in the proper perspective. Thank you so much!
      > — Gail Twitchell
      > "I finally had time to get at your excellent book. Now and forever, I have the perfect
      advice for individuals who inquire about Paul Twitchell: READ MARMAN'S BOOK. IT IS THE
      > — Brad Steiger, the author of In My Soul I Am Free, the first biography of Paul Twitchell
      > As you know, Doug, Paul asked me to write a new biography of him and I never
      understood why I couldn't do it. I now see that it needed the research skills you have and I
      am so grateful that you did such a beautiful job. It brought back in great detail the Paul
      Twitchell I knew. It was like coming home. I can never thank you enough.