Re: 1971 Mystic World article about Rebazar Tarzs. Who wrote it?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
      Hi, Etznab and All!

      I read Rich's post on A.R.E. with the entire
      1971 Mystic World. That was nice he did that.
      I'm reposting it below.

      Actually, the discussions are pretty good--respectful
      and helpful for the most part over there on A.R.E.
      Of course, there are differing p.o.v.'s! : )

      I don't really "buy" into the story of how Paul died
      because I suspect there was a spin put on it. I think
      the chela who was with Paul when he died had the
      name Anita. Can't remember the last name.

      Also, I wasn't in eckankar long, so I didn't realize the
      cremation factor in the teachings, but I guess it
      follows along the Hindu beliefs. I do wonder what
      became of Paul's ashes?? Is there any information
      as to where they went or are located??

      I doubt very much that Paul expected to die as soon
      as he did. I rather think that if he had lived longer that
      he might have had plans to tell the "real" story about
      eckankar. In that it was a one man cult, as Paul stated,
      I doubt if he really wanted to name a successor as
      eckankar was solely his creation. I wonder how he
      would have ended it or his participation, if he had been
      truly in charge of whatwas to come??? I find that
      intriguing. I'd love to know if Gail were privy to his
      expectations/plans- -that would be something to
      know!?

      The other thing is, I don't consider Paul an evil cult
      leader, but he was slick. I look at the times and how?

      everything hedid was pre-computer, before fast track
      communications. I look at where he grew up and how the
      old "townies" living along the river would often entertain
      one another with tall tails which might have inspired Paul
      to be untruthful and not feel guilty. I see a young man like
      Paul wanting adventure, looking for spiritual truths and
      intrigued by Julian Johnson, a fellow Kentuckian for one.
      I see this hodge podge of a man developing. I probably
      would have liked the personable Paul, but I doubt if I
      would have been enthralled by him. It would be so great
      if Gail would come forward with the real truth about who
      Paul was. Unfortunately, Harold Klemp and Co. due to their
      own agenda have cut that off at the pass! Too bad as I think
      it would be a far better hallmark for PT, the truth that is! : )

      The Oct. Nov. Dec. 1971 Mystic World is posted below as
      Rich had posted it on A.R.E. Please note that Patti
      Simpson is listed as having edited it. Also, notice this
      this statement in the article:

      "Rebazar Tarzs stepped into breach and served as the living
      ECK Master for the 35 day period between, the translation
      and the passing of the Mantle to the present living ECK
      Master, Sri Darwin Gross."

      Doesn't it seem, if Rebazar was serving as the L.E.M. during
      this modern period of time, that Rebazar would have
      needed to appear in a physical body? Why aren't there any
      photosof him during that 35 day period when he was
      supposedlyat the helm of the eckankar org. Inquiring minds
      would beinterested in an explanation. Also, regarding Patti
      Simpson editing the article, well, it rather condemns her in
      that she would obviously be part of the secrecy and lies
      surrounding Paul's death and the naming of his successor. I
      don't think Patti cares to own up to her part in this religious
      scam; thus, in her recent communications with Doug Marman
      concerning the information in his new book, she presents as
      an unreliable and untruthful source.

      It must have been one heck of an eckankar seminar with the
      l.e.m. turning up dead! What timing! I wonder if Klemp had
      thought about this happening to him when he decided to cut
      back on his personal participation at these big eck events?? LOL!

      And we still don't know the answer to Etznab's question, as
      to who wrote the Mystic World statement that Rebazar stepped
      into the breach and served as l.e.m. I agree that it wasn't Paul
      Twitchell who wrote this. However, we know who is spinning the
      spins today--namely, Harold Klemp and he is responsible for
      these continuing old lies and creating new ones!!?

      Mish

      Rich posted this on A.R.E. today:
      Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World 1971

      (edited by Patti Simpson)

      Here's the whole unattributed article.
      PAULJI TRANSLATES
      Paulji, the Mahanta, the living ECK Master translated
      from his physical body at approximately 1:00 A.M. on
      Friday, September 17, 1971 in his hotel room in Cincinnati,
      Ohio. lie had gone to attend the ECKANKAR Cincinnati
      Seminar. Paulji arrived in Cincinnati Thursday afternoon in
      good spirits. He shared a light supper with some higher
      Initiates and later joined a large group of them at a table in
      the coffee shop. Late that evening he summoned several to
      his room for a business meeting. A short time after they
      had departed one of the 5th initiates felt a sharp call on
      the inner to go to him. She hastened there, he opened the
      door, greeted her and collapsed. The official cause of
      death was a heart attack. The separation was immediate
      and Doctor Louis Bluth, 7th Initiate who was hastily
      summoned witnessed Paulji ascending in the company of
      the Masters of the Vairagi. He realized that efforts to
      revive the body would come to no avail although every
      medical effort was made. As is laid out in the ECK
      teachings, the body was cremated. Disposition of the
      ashes has not been revealed. The ECK chelas who were
      gathered in Cincinnati were stunned by the surprise
      departure of Paulji, but in keeping with the teachings,
      and knowing that Paulji was there as usual they carried out
      the three day seminar as planned. The three days were ones
      of deep spiritual value to all who attended. All distance was
      forgotten as they drew close in the common bond of a great
      happening. The lectures were inspiring and the week-end was
      to be an example of ECKists at their very best. Rebazar Tarzs
      stepped into breach and served as the living ECK Master for
      the 35 day period between, the translation and the passing of
      the Mantle to the present living ECK Master, Sri Darwin Gross.
      During the Cincinnati Seminar several manifestations of Paulji
      were reported. One eyewitness account appears in the ECK
      Monthly Letter, November, 1971 issue. There have been many
      miracles and mysterious happenings in the days preceding the
      translation and following. The accounts of these are coming
      into Las Vegas daily and they are exceedingly important to the
      history of the ECKANKAR movement. If you had or have any
      strange, different or hard to explain experiences surrounding
      the days of the translation, Gail Twitchell has specifically
      requested that you write or tape them and send them in for
      historical documentation. Send to: HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS,
      ECKANKAR, P. O. Box 5325, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89012

      ########################
      "D.R.D." etznab@...> wrote:

      > Have a question. Does anybody know who wrote
      > the 1971 Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World in which
      > Rebazar Tarzs was described as "stepping into"
      > the breach between Paul and Drawin?
      >
      > The following is a post from A.R.E., Aug 11,
      > 4:39 pm, in response to the thread: "Rebazar An
      > Implanted Memory???"
      >
      > *********
      >
      > Paul Twitchell died on September 17, 1971.
      > Darwin Gross became L.E.M. in October the
      > same year. According to the Mystic World -
      > October-November-December 1971:
      >
      > "Rebazar Tarzs stepped into the breach
      > and served as the Living ECK Master for
      > the 35 day period between the translation
      > and the passing of the Mantle to the present
      > Living ECK Master [1971], Sri Darwin Gross."
      >
      > - Oct.-Nov.-Dec. 1971 Mystic World
      > [my brackets]
      >
      > This information was taken from the "public
      > domain" post by Usually Skeptical, 10/15/2004,
      > entitled: The 969th & 970th L.E.M.s - Who Were
      > They? (PART 1) @
      >
      > http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBBprn.asp?st=986&page=77
      >
      > This information [the quote] can also be found
      > in the 1980 book: Difficluties Of Becoming The Living
      > ECK Master, p. 256.
      >
      > I am not sure when the Mystic World article was
      > written, or by whom, except to guess Darwin Gross
      > (Paul was not living in October 1971, but had already
      > translated).
      >
      > Regardless, this quote appears to be one illustration
      > where Rebazar Tarzs is mentioned as having "stepped
      > into" the breach.
      >
      > Was it Rebazar Tarzs as "Soul with a physical body",
      > or Rebazar Tarzs as "Soul without a physical body"? I
      > can't say for certain.
      >
      > Perhaps somebody who was in Eckankar, at the
      > three-day seminar in October 1971, or a member
      > of Eckankar during that time would know.
      >
      > One would think so. In my opinion.
      >
      > Etznab
      >
      > *********
      >
      > The question comes to mind because somebody had to
      > endorse this statement about Rebazar Tarzs, and I doubt
      > that it was Paul Twitchell.
      >
      > Does anybody know who wrote the article in which this
      > quote (about Rebazar Tarzs) appears?
      >
      > Etznab

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
        <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

        > I don't really "buy" into the story of how Paul died
        > because I suspect there was a spin put on it. I think
        > the chela who was with Paul when he died had the
        > name Anita. Can't remember the last name.

        *** Anya Foos (forgive the spelling if incorrect)

        > I'd love to know if Gail were privy to his
        > expectations/plans- -that would be something to
        > know!?

        *** Actually I have heard over the years that Gail was in part,(or
        what ever amount) responsible for the creation of eckankar, so why
        wouldn't she know what Paul's plans were!? There are several people
        still living that had close ties to the entire beginings... I have
        also heard several other rumors; one being she was paid to keep what
        she knew to herself. There is documentation to this effect, that she
        was in fact paid, don't have time to research and post the info. Yeah
        I can make that statement and then leave... ;-) And another rumor
        I've heard is, Gail has documented the truth (maybe in a book), and
        it will be released on her passing.

        > It would be so great if Gail would come forward with the real truth
        about who Paul was. Unfortunately, Harold Klemp and Co. due to their
        own agenda have cut that off at the pass! Too bad as I think it would
        be a far better hallmark for PT, the truth that is! : )

        *** Mish, to most die hard eckists (egoists), whether the truth
        comes out or not, they will be 100% convinced that even then the info
        is a lie. People don't want the truth really. They will excuse away
        proof or factual information even if it came right from PT himself.
        They would reason, as most do know, that because they have had so
        called experiences with the eck masters, or what ever, that is proof
        enough for them.

        What I find amusing is watching how Rich, Doug and Cheryl defend and
        make excuses for Paul Twit, or Klemp concerning the truth about the
        path. They speak as if they were there and knew Paul and his
        intension's. (nice commentary btw Cheryl concerning the lunatics in
        your apt. building! Must have been the biggest highlight of your
        night! Careful we know where you live now!)

        I think this was Etznab's comment?
        > The Oct. Nov. Dec. 1971 Mystic World is posted below as
        > Rich had posted it on A.R.E. Please note that Patti
        > Simpson is listed as having edited it.

        *** Patti Simpson edited it because it was her job to cover up the
        truth. Either she took it upon herself to do so, or was given
        instruction to do so.

        > Doesn't it seem, if Rebazar was serving as the L.E.M. during
        > this modern period of time, that Rebazar would have
        > needed to appear in a physical body? Why aren't there any
        > photos of him during that 35 day period when he was
        > supposedly at the helm of the eckankar org. Inquiring minds
        > would be interested in an explanation.

        *** A master can travel, take on any form of a physical body, do
        what he is suppose to as the interm LEM, appear to many in soul body,
        and that is good enough for them until the adulterers can get their
        shit together and *con-cock* a story to cover up the facts.

        > Also, regarding Patti
        > Simpson editing the article, well, it rather condemns her in
        > that she would obviously be part of the secrecy and lies
        > surrounding Paul's death and the naming of his successor. I
        > don't think Patti cares to own up to her part in this religious
        > scam; thus, in her recent communications with Doug Marman
        > concerning the information in his new book, she presents as
        > an unreliable and untruthful source.

        *** Yep! And Doug Marman can claim anything he wants to... Patti is
        no longer an eckists, so why would she bother to share anything with
        Doug? He has been known to be one of the biggest spin doctors...

        > It must have been one heck of an eckankar seminar with the
        > l.e.m. turning up dead! What timing! I wonder if Klemp had
        > thought about this happening to him when he decided to cut
        > back on his personal participation at these big eck events?? LOL!

        *** They have a talking head already in the works, just as they did
        when Klemp didn't speak publicly over the course of his mental
        illness (aka electromagnetic illness)

        > Rich posted this on A.R.E. today:
        > Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World 1971
        >
        > (edited by Patti Simpson)
        >
        > Here's the whole unattributed article.
        > PAULJI TRANSLATES
        > Paulji, the Mahanta, the living ECK Master translated
        > from his physical body at approximately 1:00 A.M. on
        > Friday, September 17, 1971 in his hotel room in Cincinnati,
        > Ohio. "lie" had gone to attend the ECKANKAR Cincinnati
        > Seminar.

        *** Who is "lie"? Or what is a lie? ;-) Maybe a typo...

        > Paulji arrived in Cincinnati Thursday afternoon in
        > good spirits.
        <snip>

        > All distance was forgotten as they drew close in the common bond of
        a great happening. The lectures were inspiring and the week-end was
        to be an example of ECKists at their very best.

        *** What *distance* is this referring to? Eckists had to put away
        their sex toys and alcohol and act spiritual. Or maybe the distance
        was the fact that Gail and Darwin were off several hundred miles from
        this seminar, locked up in a cabin doing the dirty behind Paul's
        back! Or was it Paul was doing the dirty with Anya, or what was her
        name again?

        > Rebazar Tarzs stepped into breach and served as the living ECK
        Master for the 35 day period between, the translation and the passing
        of the Mantle to the present living ECK Master, Sri Darwin Gross.

        *** DG, Gail's lover...

        > If you had or have any
        > strange, different or hard to explain experiences surrounding
        > the days of the translation, Gail Twitchell has specifically
        > requested that you write or tape them and send them in for
        > historical documentation. Send to: HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS,
        > ECKANKAR, P. O. Box 5325, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89012

        *** Hmm, now are we really sure Gail was looking for stories, or
        information concerning those hard to explain experiences surrounding
        Paul's death? Those eye witness accounts of people seeing Paul in his
        soul body after translation? Or was she really requesting, wanting
        anything else, like eye witness accounts that would disagree with
        their version of what happened before and after Paul's translation?!
        If I were involved in a scam, and didn't want the truth to be
        revealed by some *innocent bystander*, I'd be making it sound like I
        was doing some spiritual research too. Hmm, maybe she was sharp
        minded enough on making money, and saw how this would actually bring
        in more *profits* for the business by spinning first count eckie
        OBE with Twit? Maybe they even paid off a bell boy or room service
        guy to make sure they get "their" story straight!

        > "D.R.D." etznab@> wrote:
        > > The following is a post from A.R.E., Aug 11,
        > > 4:39 pm, in response to the thread: "Rebazar An
        > > Implanted Memory???"
        > >
        > > *********
        <snip>

        > > Perhaps somebody who was in Eckankar, at the
        > > three-day seminar in October 1971, or a member
        > > of Eckankar during that time would know.

        *** I know of one person that was there, David Parker, but then
        again most eckists enjoy discrediting Dave's version of what
        happened, even though he was there. Instead they like to take the
        focus off of the information (as they always do), and onto Dave and
        his life style... Spin doctors attempting to muddy the water so facts
        will be ignored.

        The truth is, Paul was no GodMan, and I doubt it's going to matter in
        the end. People who want to believe in this fairytale, will continue
        to do so, making excuses to themselves, right to their bitter end. If
        this is all that their life is about, <VBG> let them waste their
        time...
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
          Thanks, Liz!

          I found this picture of Paul Twitchell with Anya
          and Frederick Foos at this site:

          http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/photos/twitch2.html

          Kind of interesting to put faces with names. The
          picture was taken a few months before Paul Twitchell
          died!

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
            Isn't "it" interesting that Paul titled a book
            "ANITYA!" And, isn't it interesting that Gail
            didn't go with Paul to his last EK Seminar.
            However, Anya did go to that seminar and
            was with Paul minutes before he died!