More From Twitchell's Compiled Writings:

    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 12, 2007
      On page 166 Twitchell states that Claude Debussy was
      "UNCONSCIOUSLY USED by the ECK MASTERS to bring
      back again NATURE MUSIC... the music of the gnomes,
      the fairies, the water spirits, and the spirits of clouds
      and fire."

      Apparently PT doesn't mind violating the Law of Soul
      or the Law of Noninterference.

      PT: "IF the Living ECK Master THINKS it is fit to do so,
      he ENCOURAGES and LIFTS the the CONSCIOUSNESS
      of those who are musically talented... those who have
      talent and try to USE the MAHANTA, the Living ECK Master,
      or the ECK either in IGNORANCE or KNOWINGLY, SUFFER
      in the END WITH TERRIBLE DISASTERS." [pgs.166-167]

      It seems PT enjoys using threats! On another note-
      Twitchell only mentions the "MAHANTA, the Living ECK
      Master in the last few pages of this book. Once on page
      167, once on page 168, and once on page 170!

      Here's what Twitchell had to say about the MAHANTA,
      the Living ECK Master on page 170:

      "The line of music both Destructive and Positive has
      been somewhat outlined here into the modern age.
      THE FUTURE SAYS that the Influence of Music will bring
      about BENEFITS to THOSE who can ACCEPT them, BUT
      EVENTUALLY the discordant elements WILL CAUSE the
      end of the material worlds in the last cycle, the Kali
      Yuga, to prepare man again for the GOLDEN AGE to
      come and the NEXT MAHANTA, the LIVING ECK MASTER,
      WHO WILL SERVE MANKIND THROUGHOUT the NEXT
      CYCLE of TIME."

      What did Twitchell mean by the "NEXT" MAHANTA/LEM
      in the "NEXT" Cycle of Time? Is this why Darwin stated,
      and thought, that PT would be the Mahanta for the next
      1,000 years or longer?!

      In the section titled: THE LONGEVITY OF THE ANCIENT
      ADEPTS (pgs. 81-86) Twitchell seems obsessed with
      living a long life. Twit even mentions many non-adepts
      that he claims lived at 105-1000 or more years. PT
      talks about the "longevity of St. John the Apostle...
      no account has been given of his death..." And, of
      a man who "wrote the Revelations on the Isle of Patmos
      ... living during the Middle Ages... under the name
      Prester John. This would have made him about 1000
      years old." [pg. 83]

      PT also states:
      "Longevity is a fact well known to anyone who is capable
      of doing Soul Travel." [pg. 83]

      Yet, Twitchell (1908-1971) was only 63 when he died!
      This just goes to show that Twitchell had no idea, at all,
      that he was going to die when he did, or that he planned
      to sacrifice himself (by eating poison) and die at a young
      age. PT just made up a story that someone had intentionally
      poisoned him in a visit to Spain. It was probably just common
      food poisoning that he experienced and this weaken his
      already bad heart.

      Here's more interesting info (exaggerations & fact twisting):

      "Since the advent of ECKANKAR into the modern world,
      STARTING ABOUT 1935..."

      Now, who began this "advent?" Isn't it strange that this
      is the same year that Klemp gives (on ECKANKAR.org)
      for Twitchell's FIRST trip to India where HK claims PT
      met SUDAR SINGH. However, since Klemp gives 1908
      as Twitchell's birth year (Marman gives 1909) this makes
      Twitchell 27 years old in 1935. And, HK states that at
      age 27 is when PT was "exaggerating" and "twisting facts"
      to get into Who's Who in Kentucky! Therefore, this 1935
      date for the ADVENT OF ECKANKAR INTO THE MODERN
      WORLD is a LIE!

      Twitchell continues: "It appears that this ancient teaching
      which made its way back into the attention of the world,
      after lying dormant for centuries, is here for a purpose.
      That is to bring greater spiritual strength to all those who
      become its followers." [pg. 123]

      Therefore, we now see that ECKANKAR was created by
      Twitchell (in part) to help people to BELIEVE in another
      form of RELIGION so as to help those FOLLOWERS to
      develop "Greater Spiritual Strength." However, shouldn't
      "followers" be set free when they have developed those
      "greater spiritual strengths?"

      Or, is it that WHEN these "followers" have gained these
      "SPIRITUAL STRENGTHS" they will realize it and NO LONGER
      NEED TO BE "FOLLOWERS" or NEED ECKANKAR!

      One more thing and here's a good one! This seems to have
      been included at the end of the book by Gail. Since she once
      thought he was born in 1922 didn't this make her wonder?
      What kind of lie did PT use to explain this I wonder? On page
      186 is a paragraph (an excerpt) titled:

      "Talks in Dublin, Ireland August, 1928" [when PT was
      10 years old?] It starts out-

      "My greatest problem with people is dealing, not with
      skeptics or non-believers, but with those with failure-
      consciousness..."

      Well, Paul certaintly made a success with his newly created
      vocation... whodathunk! Too bad it was short lived for him,
      but a bit longer for Gross. HK really made out! Yep, PT just
      needed enough people to believe and get the ball rolling and
      on the band-wagon and join early on in order to get in on
      the ground floor of his multi-level pyramid (hierarchy) of his
      Eckankar scheme/religion. What's funny is that most chelas
      just get paid with worthless initiations - but I guess they do
      make people feel good and imagine that they have more!

      PT: Wagner Studied Under Yaubl Sacabi in Agam Des
      and put HU in his music.

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 13, 2007
        Twitchell hints at being "THE NEW AGE MESSIAH" on pages
        123-125, and claims to be able to do "silent" miracles and
        "healings," but offers more by giving the "true seekers" the
        hope and belief (via imagination and trust) that he, the
        Godman, can help them travel into the heavenly worlds
        (according to initiation level).

        Its interesting that Twitchell states: "The Ancient One,
        the agent of God, whom we call the Messiah, or the Godman,
        appears in the world with every new age." [pg. 123]

        Therefore, Twitchell is really saying that he is the WORLD's
        NEW AGE MESSIAH, the GODMAN, the ANCIENT ONE. How,
        then, can Klemp claim to be this same Godman/Messiah/
        Mahanta?

        Actually, Twitchell was ECKANKAR's one and only Mahanta!

        Darwin was chosen to replace Twitchell by Gail and the
        Board of Trustees. I wonder if any of those Board Members
        are still members and which ones voted to support Gail's
        choice?

        Also, Rebazar Tarzs (Paul's imaginary master) had nothing
        to do with the decision to choose Gross! Then, after 9
        years, the "Black Magician" Gross has his FIRST meeting
        with Klemp (1980) in a Sound Proof Dark Room to discuss
        HK taking over as the LEM.

        Neither Gross or Klemp had anyone with "clean hands"
        choose them to take over to imitate Twitchell.

        And yet, ECKists HAD no problem with Gross for all
        those years, and they certainly HAVE no problem with
        those EK Initiations they received back then and still
        have! Klemp, also, has no problem with his HIGHER
        initiations he received from Gross! Not since 1971 has
        there been an Outer "Godman" like Twitchell. The others
        have just recreated themselves in his image by using his
        "original" works. This is why Klemp doesn't even attempt
        to write like PT because he is just a Poor Copy of the
        original Conman/Godman.

> [...]
        > become its followers." [pg. 123]
        >
        > Therefore, we now see that ECKANKAR was created by
        > Twitchell (in part) to help people to BELIEVE in another
        > form of RELIGION so as to help those FOLLOWERS to
        > develop "Greater Spiritual Strength." However, shouldn't
        > "followers" be set free when they have developed those
        > "greater spiritual strengths?"
        >
        > Or, is it that WHEN these "followers" have gained these
        > "SPIRITUAL STRENGTHS" they will realize it and NO LONGER
        > NEED TO BE "FOLLOWERS" or NEED ECKANKAR!
        >
        > One more thing and here's a good one! This seems to have
        > been included at the end of the book by Gail. Since she once
        > thought PT was born in 1922 didn't this make her wonder?
        > What kind of lie did PT use to explain this I wonder? On page
        > 186 is a paragraph (an excerpt) titled:

        "TALKS IN DUBLIN, IRELAND AUGUST, 1928" [when PT was
        6 years old by Gail's thinking or 20 years old by the 1908
        date Klemp gives].

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007
          Hi All,
          I thought I'd bring this back for another look. The
          Mahanta Title, created in 1969, was the 'Catch-22'
          that Twitchell needed.

          prometheus wrote:

          > Twitchell hints at being "THE NEW AGE MESSIAH" on pages
          > 123-125, and claims to be able to do "silent" miracles and
          > "healings," but offers more by giving the "true seekers" the
          > hope and belief (via imagination and trust) that he, the
          > Godman, can help them travel into the heavenly worlds
          > (according to initiation level).
          >
          > Its interesting that Twitchell states: "The Ancient One,
          > the agent of God, whom we call the Messiah, or the Godman,
          > appears in the world with every new age." [pg. 123]
          >
          > Therefore, Twitchell is really saying that he is the WORLD's
          > NEW AGE MESSIAH, the GODMAN, the ANCIENT ONE. How,
          > then, can Klemp claim to be this same Godman/Messiah/
          > Mahanta?

          *Actually, Twitchell was ECKANKAR's One and Only
          MAHANTA and created this title in January of 1969!
          PT used the Jan. 1, 1969 "Wisdom Notes" and the January
          1969 "Illuminated Way Letters" to introduce this NEW
          TITLE and CONCEPT to ECK Chelas.

          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007

               The word "MAHANTA" appears in the December 1962 letter
            from Paul Twitchell to Gail.

               How do you believe this fits with the 1969 appearance? Was
            Paul Twitchell already familiar with and using this term seven
            years before it was first illustrated for Eckists?

               What ya think?

            Etznab

            **************************************
          • Elizabeth
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007
              Which copy?  The original 1st copy write or the edited version after Klemp took over?

              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007

                   I am aware of only one version. My L.T.G. book is the 5th printing
                from 1983.

                   The original copyright by Gail A. Twitchell was 1973. The copyright
                transferred to Eckankar in 1982.

                   So what are you saying? Have you seen earlier versions of the book
                (before Harold took over) where the word "MAHANTA" didn't appear?
                Or, do you know of any?

                   I'm not sure if you're assuming the original letter had given a different
                version, or if what you' are saying is based on actual fact.

                Etznab

                **************************************
              • Elizabeth
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007
                  I sold an earlier version to one of David Lane's researchers...  5th printing eh?    Okay...  That answers my question.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007

                       The first time "MAHANTA" appears in Letters to Gail
                    (1983 version) is in the 1st letter (4th paragraph). It was
                    given in capital letters.

                       Very quickly I scanned Letters to Gail, Volumes One,
                    Two, and Three for another appearance. It's possible I
                    overlooked it, but I didn't see another appearance. Not
                    in any of the Letters to Gail.

                       Though it's possible that the one appearance was
                    added later on, I really can't say for sure.

                       Would like to know for sure though, because I haven't
                    heard a 1962 date quoted much in connection with the
                    "Mahanta" term used by Eckankar. Not sure that even
                    Ford Johnson used this date in his book. I think Ford
                    used 1965. Others have used 1969. Only recently was
                    it pointed out to me that this term appeared in a 1962
                    letter from Paul to Gail. Before that, I too was under the
                    impression that it's first appearance was not until 1969.

                    **************************************
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 26, 2007

                         Too bad you don't still have that earlier version of Letters to Gail.
                      That way you could tell me if the word "MAHANTA" appeared in it.

                         I do remember something mentioned by Doug Marman about the
                      likelihood of "Eck Terms" being added later by Paul Twitchell to at
                      least one of his books. Something to that effect. Think it was from
                      the online "Dialogues" book. So I'm wondering if "MAHANTA: was
                      later added to L.T.G. Vol. One. What do you think?

                         Here is the Doug Marman quote I was referring to:

                      "[....] In Paul's book, Dialogues with the Master, which was
                      apparently written around 1956-57, Paul asks an inner master
                      by the name of Rami Nuri about the meaning of the Master:

                              PAUL: "I wish to ask a question of you, Lord."
                              RAMI NURI: "I am not your Lord, but ask."
                              PAUL: "Is there such a being as MAHANTA?"
                              RAMI NURI: "Only as the manifested power... The God-Power
                      can take any shape it desires. Usually, the Godman takes the shape
                      of others in the inner cosmic worlds to appear to certain teachers, and
                      devotees to give them the true Light."
                              PAUL: "If he appeared in his own form then they would either not
                      know him, or perhaps would not believe."
                              RAMI NURI: "He appears to all ECK chelas as the Mahanta, the
                      Living ECK Master and the Master to any of his disciples.
                                                "He is in as many forms as he desires to be. He could
                      appear to one or many in contemplation. He can appear as a thousand or
                      even a million  different forms to a million different people in contemplation
                      at the same time...
                                                 "However, let us say this - those who do not see him
                      in his true form as the Godman, Himself, will see him only as their teacher
                      or guru, and to them he gives the inner teachings as only they, the disciples,
                      can accept."

                            "While it is likely that Paul later added the ECK terms to this text
                      before it was published in 1970, still the meaning is clear. And, finally
                      Paul had to realize that with everything he had experienced, and with
                      all his writings and creative expressions that he wanted to share, they
                      could no longer fit with any of his previous teachings. He could find no
                      home for those teachings with his past teachers. Therefore, ECKANKAR
                      was something that would have to stand on its own. [....]"

                      [Based on: http://www.littleknownpubs.com/Dialog_Ch_Five.htm]

                          Don't know if this quote will transfer without getting broken up
                      into a bunch of scattered lines, nevertheless the text is there.

                         So this idea about "Eck Terms" being added later on is not new
                      to me - when you compare the earlier manuscripts/versions of what
                      Paul wrote with the later published forms.

                         I'm not gonna jump to conclusions though about the L.T.G. book.
                      Whether the term "MAHANTA" was there in the original or not. The
                      fact is (based on what I have seen), I can only give the information I
                      have.

                      Etznab

                      **************************************
                    • Elizabeth
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 27, 2007
                        Etznab,  keep your eye on eBay!  Many long time eckists from back in the beginning, have been selling off their first copy material.  Maybe David Lane can point you toward the material, or at least hook you up with the researchers he had buying the stuff up.  I have seen some of them posting on various sites...  Not all were members of eckankar either!   One other thing to remember too,   since Gail sold all of the rights to PT's material to eckankar, that gave them "legal" rights to change what ever they wanted to fix their problem!  I wouldn't buy into Doug's spin, nor the book,  that will eventually create another splinter group.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 27, 2007
                          Did Doug ever question Darwin Gross concerning the "history"  of PT and the teachings, while writing his book?   Wouldn't that have been a hoot if he had Darwin promoting "The Whole Truth" !   Hmmm,  maybe Doug should align himself with ATOM, he just might get a promotion to "grand pooh bah"?

                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 27, 2007

                               Thanks for sharing that ewickings. I'll keep that in mind.

                            Etznab

                            **************************************
                          • Non ekster
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 12, 2007
                              This is very interesting, especially about Stravinsky. I wonder if
                              there isn't yet another unquoted source here, as if Twitchell was
                              really a musicologist or something. How often have you heard a
                              Stravinsky or Wagner CD played at an eck seminar or worship service?
                              Klemp is a bit too tepid for this kind of display.

                              I remember reading this book, but have since lost track of it. And
                              yyeh, why is it unpublished?

                              Nonekster ; )

                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 15, 2007
                                Hi Non-ekster,
                                Didn't Klemp mention Stravinsky in
                                a Seminar talk last year or the year
                                before? I'll have to look for that
                                transcript sometime. Maybe the ekies
                                on HU-Chat will research that too!
                                Anyway, it's interesting to see where
                                Klemp is getting his ideas/information
                                for his talks. It's all recycled!
                                Even some of the stories sent in by
                                eckists, which he uses to pad his talks,
                                are sometimes years old! And yet the
                                purpose of having a "living" EK Master
                                is to keep the teachings pure, as well
                                as, current. How are the teachings kept
                                "pure" with all the editing HK's done
                                or current when he recycles stories
                                in The Mystic World, the H.I. Letter,
                                or when HK uses old embellished stories
                                piled up and filed away at the ESC for
                                his talks?!

                                On another note: Isn't it interesting
                                about PT's mention of Yaubl instructing
                                Wagner on [the 9th Plane of] Agam Des,
                                and then the comments about the UFOs
                                and the "coarser vibrations." Twit
                                obviously got Agam Des confused with
                                the Astral Plane. This is the problem
                                when one lies. It's much tougher to
                                keep lies straight than when one simply
                                tells the truth. Except, there is No
                                "truth" with regard to religion and,
                                especially, in regards to ECKANKAR.

                                Prometheus

                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 15, 2007
                                  Hello All,
                                  I wonder how many ECKists have read these words
                                  of their founder and self-appointed Mahanta, and
                                  if they ever think of how this is applied to what
                                  Klemp is telling them or if there is a conflict?