Re: Fwd: Arahata Training

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19, 2005
      Hi, Ingrid and Prometheus!

      I was only a lowly 2nd Initiate when I quit! I had already gotten
      into a lot of trouble with H.I.'s in my area so I think I was
      destined at best to remain a 2nd! I just blurted out things too
      much! : ) I will have to post my "out of body" experience that riled
      up two H.I.'s--the local director (a 7th Initiate) and a 6th
      Initiate who is being mentored by the state's spiritual services
      director and longtime major seminar speaker (and who claims to be
      on an inside direct track to Harold.) : ) I was getting myself in
      deeper and deeper trouble, it seems.

      Now, when I look at all of these eckists and all the stuff that was
      taking place, I can't help but think "much ado about nothing." I
      also had the training book, but I had just received it and had not
      read any of it before tossing it in the trash! I did read a lot of
      Eck books, including all of Harold's transcripts and several others
      he "wrote." I discovered a lot of recycled stories in all of them--
      very little new stuff in any of it. And of course, the stories were
      not his for the most part, but those taken from the dutiful eckists
      who sent him their "enlightening" stories!

      Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this site.
      It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
      probably help others to realize that they are not alone in leaving
      eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically universal
      for us--we all woke up to the sham!

      <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
      even
      > if it claims to be the highest spiritual path. :-)Very mundane ...
      >
      > > Yes, this usually means that you have to play the game and be a
      > good
      > > trooper and march in step and sometimes keep your opinions to
      > > yourself. But, this lack of freedom is the price an Eckist pays
      > for
      > > those initiations. If you don't play the game and play it well
      you
      > > won't advance. One has to take all the trainings, be in or teach
      > > Satsang, attend the EWS monthly, and volunteer to fill a
      position
      > > within the local area or the statewide level. It also helps to
      > > volunteer at major Eck seminars and be seen doing so by your
      > state's
      > > H.I.s and attend the leadership workshops (some that they will
      > > attend) as well. One more thing though... try to find, read,
      > > remember, and follow all of the guidelines. Oh, always act happy
      > > (even when you aren't) put on a happy face and always talk about
      > the
      > > Mahanta's love whether you believe it or not. Never say anything
      > > negative! It's good PR for you. One more thing... talk less and
      > > listen more. Oh, even if you aren't an H.I.... follow the four
      > Zoas.
      >
      > Well now I know why I never could have made it to the 4th! I drank
      > wine during an arahata training! I wouldn't have would I have
      known
      > how things are in Eckankar, of course ... because I liked getting
      > those initiations. :-) I never served officially or unofficially
      in
      > Eckankar - well, another negative point. I just didn't get it it
      > seems. :-)) I did bite back too negative remarks, though. So this
      > was already something!
      > >
      > > This is pretty much what an Eckist has to do in order to climb
      the
      > > ladder for those higher initiations and positions of power
      within
      > > the RESA structure. Eventually, one will receive the higher
      > > initiations. Currently: 15-18 plus years for the fifth; 18-25
      plus
      > > years for the sixth; 25-35 plus years for the seventh; and
      forget
      > > the eighth!
      >
      > Well as far as I know the "mahanta" said that it has been
      > established that the normal intervals between initiations were 7
      > years now. So, you might become a 5th after 23 years, provided
      that
      > you behave yourself ... Cool, isn't it? :-)
      >

      > > This especially isn't worth it when one finds out that the
      > > initiations are a scam. Just look around at the screwed-up
      little
      > > robots that are H.I.s. Paul really did a good job at scamming us
      > all.
      > > Oh well, some of it was fun and interesting!
      >
      > It was for sure! Even if it was a scam! :-)
    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 22, 2005
        Hello Mish,

        <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

        > Hi, Ingrid and Prometheus!
        >
        > I was only a lowly 2nd Initiate when I quit! I had already gotten
        > into a lot of trouble with H.I.'s in my area so I think I was
        > destined at best to remain a 2nd!

        I think, too, that it was best for you to remain a 2nd! :-) In your
        lowly state of consciousness you shouldn't have gotten into any
        trouble because you didn't understand anything yet! Anyway, when I
        was a lowly 2nd I didn't ask much and most certainly didn't get into
        any trouble! ;-))

        >I just blurted out things too
        > much! : ) I will have to post my "out of body" experience that
        riled
        > up two H.I.'s--the local director (a 7th Initiate) and a 6th
        > Initiate who is being mentored by the state's spiritual services
        > director and longtime major seminar speaker (and who claims to be
        > on an inside direct track to Harold.) : ) I was getting myself in
        > deeper and deeper trouble, it seems.

        I'm looking forward to your OBE!

        > Now, when I look at all of these eckists and all the stuff that was
        > taking place, I can't help but think "much ado about nothing." I
        > also had the training book, but I had just received it and had not
        > read any of it before tossing it in the trash! I did read a lot of
        > Eck books, including all of Harold's transcripts and several others
        > he "wrote." I discovered a lot of recycled stories in all of them--
        > very little new stuff in any of it. And of course, the stories were
        > not his for the most part, but those taken from the dutiful eckists
        > who sent him their "enlightening" stories!

        He recycled many of the initiate reports' stories in his talks as
        well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the reports,
        I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It was
        good that I stopped sending them I think.

        > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this site.
        > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
        > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in leaving
        > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically universal
        > for us--we all woke up to the sham!

        Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
        and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
        have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater force,
        to Spirit, and that is that!

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 28, 2005
          <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

          Hello Ingrid and Mish,
          Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
          Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to enough
          meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically for
          those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
          just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those in
          support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries). Sometimes
          there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
          actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
          successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in the
          workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
          introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few inbetween,
          and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
          and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making up
          or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center of
          attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
          have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
          because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 30, 2005
            Hi, Ingrid!

            I'm sorry I haven't posted my OBE yet, but I will eventually! I have
            a feeling that many unfortunately will be able to relate to the
            story.

            <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
            > well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the
            reports,
            > I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It
            was
            > good that I stopped sending them I think.
            > >
            > > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this
            site.
            > > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
            > > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in
            leaving
            > > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically
            universal
            > > for us--we all woke up to the sham!
            >
            > Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
            > and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
            > have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater

          • ctecvie
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
              Hello Prometheus and Mish,

              <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

              > Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
              > Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to
              enough
              > meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically
              for
              > those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
              > just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those
              in
              > support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries).

              We were at the Spiritual Skills Seminar 2003 in Washington. It was
              fun for us! We thought it was something new and exciting and we
              enjoyed it a lot. Of course now we know that those techniques are
              introduced only for recruitment and not for personal development.
              Seen from this point of view, it doesn't seem so attractive any more.

              Sometimes
              > there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
              > actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
              > successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in
              the
              > workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
              > introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few
              inbetween,
              > and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
              > and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making
              up
              > or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center
              of
              > attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
              > have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
              > because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

              In Washington, I met an eckist who was this type - very introverted
              and she didn't seem to have a great sense of humor. To me, it seemed
              as if she was drying out from the inside - and I thought once again
              how weird it was that Eckankar could attract such weird people! It
              was not for the first time I noticed that.

              I notice, too, that some ex-eckists haven't left Eckankar completely
              and never will. So, once again, we will have to be very, very
              careful to look for those old patterns inside ourselves.