1971 Mystic World article about Rebazar Tarzs. Who wrote it?

  • D.R.D.
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 11, 2007
      Have a question. Does anybody know who wrote
      the 1971 Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World in which
      Rebazar Tarzs was described as "stepping into"
      the breach between Paul and Drawin?

      The following is a post from A.R.E., Aug 11,
      4:39 pm, in response to the thread: "Rebazar An
      Implanted Memory???"

      *********

      Paul Twitchell died on September 17, 1971.
      Darwin Gross became L.E.M. in October the
      same year. According to the Mystic World -
      October-November-December 1971:

      "Rebazar Tarzs stepped into the breach
      and served as the Living ECK Master for
      the 35 day period between the translation
      and the passing of the Mantle to the present
      Living ECK Master [1971], Sri Darwin Gross."

      - Oct.-Nov.-Dec. 1971 Mystic World
      [my brackets]

      This information was taken from the "public
      domain" post by Usually Skeptical, 10/15/2004,
      entitled: The 969th & 970th L.E.M.s - Who Were
      They? (PART 1) @

      http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBBprn.asp?st=986&page=77

      This information [the quote] can also be found
      in the 1980 book: Difficluties Of Becoming The Living
      ECK Master, p. 256.

      I am not sure when the Mystic World article was
      written, or by whom, except to guess Darwin Gross
      (Paul was not living in October 1971, but had already
      translated).

      Regardless, this quote appears to be one illustration
      where Rebazar Tarzs is mentioned as having "stepped
      into" the breach.

      Was it Rebazar Tarzs as "Soul with a physical body",
      or Rebazar Tarzs as "Soul without a physical body"? I
      can't say for certain.

      Perhaps somebody who was in Eckankar, at the
      three-day seminar in October 1971, or a member
      of Eckankar during that time would know.

      One would think so. In my opinion.

      Etznab

      *********

      The question comes to mind because somebody had to
      endorse this statement about Rebazar Tarzs, and I doubt
      that it was Paul Twitchell.

      Does anybody know who wrote the article in which this
      quote (about Rebazar Tarzs) appears?

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 12, 2007
        Hi, Etznab and All!

        I read Rich's post on A.R.E. with the entire
        1971 Mystic World. That was nice he did that.
        I'm reposting it below.

        Actually, the discussions are pretty good--respectful
        and helpful for the most part over there on A.R.E.
        Of course, there are differing p.o.v.'s! : )

        I don't really "buy" into the story of how Paul died
        because I suspect there was a spin put on it. I think
        the chela who was with Paul when he died had the
        name Anita. Can't remember the last name.

        Also, I wasn't in eckankar long, so I didn't realize the
        cremation factor in the teachings, but I guess it
        follows along the Hindu beliefs. I do wonder what
        became of Paul's ashes?? Is there any information
        as to where they went or are located??

        I doubt very much that Paul expected to die as soon
        as he did. I rather think that if he had lived longer that
        he might have had plans to tell the "real" story about
        eckankar. In that it was a one man cult, as Paul stated,
        I doubt if he really wanted to name a successor as
        eckankar was solely his creation. I wonder how he
        would have ended it or his participation, if he had been
        truly in charge of whatwas to come??? I find that
        intriguing. I'd love to know if Gail were privy to his
        expectations/plans- -that would be something to
        know!?

        The other thing is, I don't consider Paul an evil cult
        leader, but he was slick. I look at the times and how?

        everything hedid was pre-computer, before fast track
        communications. I look at where he grew up and how the
        old "townies" living along the river would often entertain
        one another with tall tails which might have inspired Paul
        to be untruthful and not feel guilty. I see a young man like
        Paul wanting adventure, looking for spiritual truths and
        intrigued by Julian Johnson, a fellow Kentuckian for one.
        I see this hodge podge of a man developing. I probably
        would have liked the personable Paul, but I doubt if I
        would have been enthralled by him. It would be so great
        if Gail would come forward with the real truth about who
        Paul was. Unfortunately, Harold Klemp and Co. due to their
        own agenda have cut that off at the pass! Too bad as I think
        it would be a far better hallmark for PT, the truth that is! : )

        The Oct. Nov. Dec. 1971 Mystic World is posted below as
        Rich had posted it on A.R.E. Please note that Patti
        Simpson is listed as having edited it. Also, notice this
        this statement in the article:

        "Rebazar Tarzs stepped into breach and served as the living
        ECK Master for the 35 day period between, the translation
        and the passing of the Mantle to the present living ECK
        Master, Sri Darwin Gross."

        Doesn't it seem, if Rebazar was serving as the L.E.M. during
        this modern period of time, that Rebazar would have
        needed to appear in a physical body? Why aren't there any
        photosof him during that 35 day period when he was
        supposedlyat the helm of the eckankar org. Inquiring minds
        would beinterested in an explanation. Also, regarding Patti
        Simpson editing the article, well, it rather condemns her in
        that she would obviously be part of the secrecy and lies
        surrounding Paul's death and the naming of his successor. I
        don't think Patti cares to own up to her part in this religious
        scam; thus, in her recent communications with Doug Marman
        concerning the information in his new book, she presents as
        an unreliable and untruthful source.

        It must have been one heck of an eckankar seminar with the
        l.e.m. turning up dead! What timing! I wonder if Klemp had
        thought about this happening to him when he decided to cut
        back on his personal participation at these big eck events?? LOL!

        And we still don't know the answer to Etznab's question, as
        to who wrote the Mystic World statement that Rebazar stepped
        into the breach and served as l.e.m. I agree that it wasn't Paul
        Twitchell who wrote this. However, we know who is spinning the
        spins today--namely, Harold Klemp and he is responsible for
        these continuing old lies and creating new ones!!?

        Mish

        Rich posted this on A.R.E. today:
        Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World 1971

        (edited by Patti Simpson)

        Here's the whole unattributed article.
        PAULJI TRANSLATES
        Paulji, the Mahanta, the living ECK Master translated
        from his physical body at approximately 1:00 A.M. on
        Friday, September 17, 1971 in his hotel room in Cincinnati,
        Ohio. lie had gone to attend the ECKANKAR Cincinnati
        Seminar. Paulji arrived in Cincinnati Thursday afternoon in
        good spirits. He shared a light supper with some higher
        Initiates and later joined a large group of them at a table in
        the coffee shop. Late that evening he summoned several to
        his room for a business meeting. A short time after they
        had departed one of the 5th initiates felt a sharp call on
        the inner to go to him. She hastened there, he opened the
        door, greeted her and collapsed. The official cause of
        death was a heart attack. The separation was immediate
        and Doctor Louis Bluth, 7th Initiate who was hastily
        summoned witnessed Paulji ascending in the company of
        the Masters of the Vairagi. He realized that efforts to
        revive the body would come to no avail although every
        medical effort was made. As is laid out in the ECK
        teachings, the body was cremated. Disposition of the
        ashes has not been revealed. The ECK chelas who were
        gathered in Cincinnati were stunned by the surprise
        departure of Paulji, but in keeping with the teachings,
        and knowing that Paulji was there as usual they carried out
        the three day seminar as planned. The three days were ones
        of deep spiritual value to all who attended. All distance was
        forgotten as they drew close in the common bond of a great
        happening. The lectures were inspiring and the week-end was
        to be an example of ECKists at their very best. Rebazar Tarzs
        stepped into breach and served as the living ECK Master for
        the 35 day period between, the translation and the passing of
        the Mantle to the present living ECK Master, Sri Darwin Gross.
        During the Cincinnati Seminar several manifestations of Paulji
        were reported. One eyewitness account appears in the ECK
        Monthly Letter, November, 1971 issue. There have been many
        miracles and mysterious happenings in the days preceding the
        translation and following. The accounts of these are coming
        into Las Vegas daily and they are exceedingly important to the
        history of the ECKANKAR movement. If you had or have any
        strange, different or hard to explain experiences surrounding
        the days of the translation, Gail Twitchell has specifically
        requested that you write or tape them and send them in for
        historical documentation. Send to: HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS,
        ECKANKAR, P. O. Box 5325, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89012

        ########################
        "D.R.D." etznab@...> wrote:

        > Have a question. Does anybody know who wrote
        > the 1971 Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World in which
        > Rebazar Tarzs was described as "stepping into"
        > the breach between Paul and Drawin?
        >
        > The following is a post from A.R.E., Aug 11,
        > 4:39 pm, in response to the thread: "Rebazar An
        > Implanted Memory???"
        >
        > *********
        >
        > Paul Twitchell died on September 17, 1971.
        > Darwin Gross became L.E.M. in October the
        > same year. According to the Mystic World -
        > October-November-December 1971:
        >
        > "Rebazar Tarzs stepped into the breach
        > and served as the Living ECK Master for
        > the 35 day period between the translation
        > and the passing of the Mantle to the present
        > Living ECK Master [1971], Sri Darwin Gross."
        >
        > - Oct.-Nov.-Dec. 1971 Mystic World
        > [my brackets]
        >
        > This information was taken from the "public
        > domain" post by Usually Skeptical, 10/15/2004,
        > entitled: The 969th & 970th L.E.M.s - Who Were
        > They? (PART 1) @
        >
        > http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBBprn.asp?st=986&page=77
        >
        > This information [the quote] can also be found
        > in the 1980 book: Difficluties Of Becoming The Living
        > ECK Master, p. 256.
        >
        > I am not sure when the Mystic World article was
        > written, or by whom, except to guess Darwin Gross
        > (Paul was not living in October 1971, but had already
        > translated).
        >
        > Regardless, this quote appears to be one illustration
        > where Rebazar Tarzs is mentioned as having "stepped
        > into" the breach.
        >
        > Was it Rebazar Tarzs as "Soul with a physical body",
        > or Rebazar Tarzs as "Soul without a physical body"? I
        > can't say for certain.
        >
        > Perhaps somebody who was in Eckankar, at the
        > three-day seminar in October 1971, or a member
        > of Eckankar during that time would know.
        >
        > One would think so. In my opinion.
        >
        > Etznab
        >
        > *********
        >
        > The question comes to mind because somebody had to
        > endorse this statement about Rebazar Tarzs, and I doubt
        > that it was Paul Twitchell.
        >
        > Does anybody know who wrote the article in which this
        > quote (about Rebazar Tarzs) appears?
        >
        > Etznab

      • Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
          <mishmisha9@...> wrote:

          > I don't really "buy" into the story of how Paul died
          > because I suspect there was a spin put on it. I think
          > the chela who was with Paul when he died had the
          > name Anita. Can't remember the last name.

          *** Anya Foos (forgive the spelling if incorrect)

          > I'd love to know if Gail were privy to his
          > expectations/plans- -that would be something to
          > know!?

          *** Actually I have heard over the years that Gail was in part,(or
          what ever amount) responsible for the creation of eckankar, so why
          wouldn't she know what Paul's plans were!? There are several people
          still living that had close ties to the entire beginings... I have
          also heard several other rumors; one being she was paid to keep what
          she knew to herself. There is documentation to this effect, that she
          was in fact paid, don't have time to research and post the info. Yeah
          I can make that statement and then leave... ;-) And another rumor
          I've heard is, Gail has documented the truth (maybe in a book), and
          it will be released on her passing.

          > It would be so great if Gail would come forward with the real truth
          about who Paul was. Unfortunately, Harold Klemp and Co. due to their
          own agenda have cut that off at the pass! Too bad as I think it would
          be a far better hallmark for PT, the truth that is! : )

          *** Mish, to most die hard eckists (egoists), whether the truth
          comes out or not, they will be 100% convinced that even then the info
          is a lie. People don't want the truth really. They will excuse away
          proof or factual information even if it came right from PT himself.
          They would reason, as most do know, that because they have had so
          called experiences with the eck masters, or what ever, that is proof
          enough for them.

          What I find amusing is watching how Rich, Doug and Cheryl defend and
          make excuses for Paul Twit, or Klemp concerning the truth about the
          path. They speak as if they were there and knew Paul and his
          intension's. (nice commentary btw Cheryl concerning the lunatics in
          your apt. building! Must have been the biggest highlight of your
          night! Careful we know where you live now!)

          I think this was Etznab's comment?
          > The Oct. Nov. Dec. 1971 Mystic World is posted below as
          > Rich had posted it on A.R.E. Please note that Patti
          > Simpson is listed as having edited it.

          *** Patti Simpson edited it because it was her job to cover up the
          truth. Either she took it upon herself to do so, or was given
          instruction to do so.

          > Doesn't it seem, if Rebazar was serving as the L.E.M. during
          > this modern period of time, that Rebazar would have
          > needed to appear in a physical body? Why aren't there any
          > photos of him during that 35 day period when he was
          > supposedly at the helm of the eckankar org. Inquiring minds
          > would be interested in an explanation.

          *** A master can travel, take on any form of a physical body, do
          what he is suppose to as the interm LEM, appear to many in soul body,
          and that is good enough for them until the adulterers can get their
          shit together and *con-cock* a story to cover up the facts.

          > Also, regarding Patti
          > Simpson editing the article, well, it rather condemns her in
          > that she would obviously be part of the secrecy and lies
          > surrounding Paul's death and the naming of his successor. I
          > don't think Patti cares to own up to her part in this religious
          > scam; thus, in her recent communications with Doug Marman
          > concerning the information in his new book, she presents as
          > an unreliable and untruthful source.

          *** Yep! And Doug Marman can claim anything he wants to... Patti is
          no longer an eckists, so why would she bother to share anything with
          Doug? He has been known to be one of the biggest spin doctors...

          > It must have been one heck of an eckankar seminar with the
          > l.e.m. turning up dead! What timing! I wonder if Klemp had
          > thought about this happening to him when he decided to cut
          > back on his personal participation at these big eck events?? LOL!

          *** They have a talking head already in the works, just as they did
          when Klemp didn't speak publicly over the course of his mental
          illness (aka electromagnetic illness)

          > Rich posted this on A.R.E. today:
          > Oct. Nov. Dec. Mystic World 1971
          >
          > (edited by Patti Simpson)
          >
          > Here's the whole unattributed article.
          > PAULJI TRANSLATES
          > Paulji, the Mahanta, the living ECK Master translated
          > from his physical body at approximately 1:00 A.M. on
          > Friday, September 17, 1971 in his hotel room in Cincinnati,
          > Ohio. "lie" had gone to attend the ECKANKAR Cincinnati
          > Seminar.

          *** Who is "lie"? Or what is a lie? ;-) Maybe a typo...

          > Paulji arrived in Cincinnati Thursday afternoon in
          > good spirits.
          <snip>

          > All distance was forgotten as they drew close in the common bond of
          a great happening. The lectures were inspiring and the week-end was
          to be an example of ECKists at their very best.

          *** What *distance* is this referring to? Eckists had to put away
          their sex toys and alcohol and act spiritual. Or maybe the distance
          was the fact that Gail and Darwin were off several hundred miles from
          this seminar, locked up in a cabin doing the dirty behind Paul's
          back! Or was it Paul was doing the dirty with Anya, or what was her
          name again?

          > Rebazar Tarzs stepped into breach and served as the living ECK
          Master for the 35 day period between, the translation and the passing
          of the Mantle to the present living ECK Master, Sri Darwin Gross.

          *** DG, Gail's lover...

          > If you had or have any
          > strange, different or hard to explain experiences surrounding
          > the days of the translation, Gail Twitchell has specifically
          > requested that you write or tape them and send them in for
          > historical documentation. Send to: HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS,
          > ECKANKAR, P. O. Box 5325, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89012

          *** Hmm, now are we really sure Gail was looking for stories, or
          information concerning those hard to explain experiences surrounding
          Paul's death? Those eye witness accounts of people seeing Paul in his
          soul body after translation? Or was she really requesting, wanting
          anything else, like eye witness accounts that would disagree with
          their version of what happened before and after Paul's translation?!
          If I were involved in a scam, and didn't want the truth to be
          revealed by some *innocent bystander*, I'd be making it sound like I
          was doing some spiritual research too. Hmm, maybe she was sharp
          minded enough on making money, and saw how this would actually bring
          in more *profits* for the business by spinning first count eckie
          OBE with Twit? Maybe they even paid off a bell boy or room service
          guy to make sure they get "their" story straight!

          > "D.R.D." etznab@> wrote:
          > > The following is a post from A.R.E., Aug 11,
          > > 4:39 pm, in response to the thread: "Rebazar An
          > > Implanted Memory???"
          > >
          > > *********
          <snip>

          > > Perhaps somebody who was in Eckankar, at the
          > > three-day seminar in October 1971, or a member
          > > of Eckankar during that time would know.

          *** I know of one person that was there, David Parker, but then
          again most eckists enjoy discrediting Dave's version of what
          happened, even though he was there. Instead they like to take the
          focus off of the information (as they always do), and onto Dave and
          his life style... Spin doctors attempting to muddy the water so facts
          will be ignored.

          The truth is, Paul was no GodMan, and I doubt it's going to matter in
          the end. People who want to believe in this fairytale, will continue
          to do so, making excuses to themselves, right to their bitter end. If
          this is all that their life is about, <VBG> let them waste their
          time...
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
            Thanks, Liz!

            I found this picture of Paul Twitchell with Anya
            and Frederick Foos at this site:

            http://www.geocities.com/eckcult/photos/twitch2.html

            Kind of interesting to put faces with names. The
            picture was taken a few months before Paul Twitchell
            died!

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 14, 2007
              Isn't "it" interesting that Paul titled a book
              "ANITYA!" And, isn't it interesting that Gail
              didn't go with Paul to his last EK Seminar.
              However, Anya did go to that seminar and
              was with Paul minutes before he died!