Re: EK: Followers to Become H.I. Leaders - And Never Truly Free!

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 7, 2007
      Hi Steve,
      Yes, those ECK initiations are spiritually bogus.
      This is why EK chelas have to rationalize, imagine,
      and pretend. At first one will blame oneself and
      think it is them. Guilt and shame and self doubts
      are what seem to make sense when initiations
      or inner experiences don't come through. Afterall,
      Klemp never takes responsibility for the bad or for
      chelas Not having inner experiences or not getting
      an initiation, but HK will always take credit for the
      "good" that normally befalls chelas or anyone for
      that matter! Eventually, long-time chelas will learn
      to rationalize more and more in order to justify their
      positions and opinions. These H.I.s lose their perspective
      as they become more and more deluded and confined
      to the limits of EK Dogma. They have given up looking
      for Truth because they have been misdirected, lied to,
      and confused for so long that they now just look for
      simple answers in Klemp's simple-minded words and
      stories. In other words... they have given up, but can't
      bring themselves to leave ECKANKAR. They have become
      attached to their "Positions" and "Initiation Rank." They
      NEED the earthly admiration and friendships they have
      invested in and cultivated over the years. I don't blame
      them. Change, Individual Spiritual Freedom, and Self-Mastery
      is a difficult choice when it comes to losing friendships
      and causing disharmony within a family. However, one
      cannot Continue to advance Spiritually within the confines
      of being a Religious Follower... regardless of the Religion!

      BTW- DOUG MARMAN-A FEW RESPONSES-TS 2/8/2004
      is on the LINKS Page.

      Prometheus

      prometheus wrote:

> [...]
      > > > people could read it besides the clergy alone,
      > > > what do you think happened to them?
      > > >
      > > > Think about it this way, in a sense it was like
      > > > letting people know what the clergy knew, and
      > > > giving everybody the right to look at the records
      > > > that their religion was based on.
      > > >
      > > > At first it wasn't popular and people were
      > > > burned at the stake for translating the Bible
      > > > into the common language. Even for having
      > > > a Bible in their possession!
      > > >
      > > > Eventually word got out and the printing
      > > > press came along so that people were able
      > > > to read the Bible for themselves.
      > > >
      > > > But you know what? With all of the sects
      > > > and isms since that time, people continue
      > > > to excommunicate or shun others who ask
      > > > the wrong questions. This is most peculiar
      > > > if you ask me. Not that everybody is doing
      > > > this kind of thing to everybody else, but the
      > > > fear to ask questions would probably not be
      > > > so powerful if it were not reinforced by all of
      > > > the people who are afraid to do exactly that.
      > > >
      > > > Peer pressure is a strong influence, and
      > > > being the minority often means being at the
      > > > mercy of the majority. It doesn't matter if
      > > > the majority is right or wrong, but it comes
      > > > down to numbers amounting to power. Even
      > > > monetary wealth where the rich - those with
      > > > the most cash - win most of the government.
      > > >
      > > > So what I'm alluding to is that people tend
      > > > to follow the majority. A form of "herd instinct"
      > > > or just plain wanting to be accepted, to fit in
      > > > and have the freedoms that other people do.
      > > > In the past, fitting in meant staying alive! It
      > > > didn't matter what you agreed with, so long
      > > > as you agreed with those in power. Those in
      > > > the majority.
      > > >
      > > > The Gutenburg Bible was printed in 1455.
      > > > The crusading movent ended in 1464:
      > > >
      > > > "When Constantinople fell in 1453 and Pius II
      > > > was unable to initiate a further campaign before
      > > > his death in 1464, the crusading movement came
      > > > to an end."
      > > >
      > > > [The Perennial Dictionary of World Religions,
      > > > by Keith Crim]
      > > >
      > > > The birth of Guru Nanak and the founding
      > > > of Sikhism reportedly began in 1469:
      > > >
      > > > Sikhism is the youngest of the World Religions,
      > > > barely 500 years old. It was founded by Siri Guru
      > > > Nanak Dev Ji in 1469 who laid the basic principles
      > > > of Sikhism. It offered the people a simple Sikh
      > > > religion teaching "Oneness of God", whose name
      > > > is TRUTH. Nine Gurus followed him who all reinforced
      > > > and added to what was taught by the first Guru. After
      > > > which in 1708, the holy book of the Sikhs, The Siri
      > > > GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI was Proclaimed to be the
      > > > only Guru by the last Guru, Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
      > > > This holy book embodies the philosophy and fundamentals
      > > > of Sikhism. It is the only holy book of a major religion
      > > > which was written and authenticated by its founders.
      > >
      > > *** Try this address-
      > > http://www.sikh.net/publications/View/roots.htm
      > > ***
      > >
      > > > The only holy book of a major religion
      > > > which was written and authenticated by
      > > > its founders. That sounds like a first to

    • Elizabeth
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 8, 2007
        Hey Prometheus, guess I should explain my thoughts further on this topic?

        Klemp and Company were in fact counseled on what should and should not be shared publicly.  They (he) was also advised on what to remove from the *history* of eckankar, pertaining to PT and DG.  Buying up old material so the new members won't have access, warning members to stay off the computer...  All part of keeping their membership in the dark.  Some listen, some don't.  But there will always be the gullable willing to put on those rose colored glasses and develop tunnel vision.

        So how does a god man down play or avoid having to deal with *issues*?    The org pays these bottom duelers (eck lawyers) big money to keep them out of trouble!  Did someone advise klemp in 1983, I give up!  But I do know back in the day, we were warned not to keep any of DG's material, burn it all....  Then warning of what would happen if the membership didn't comply, as you mentioned how the org put *fear* into the membership.  "spiritual immaturity" .    And that lam excuse that Klemp is of a higher consciousness than the godman that invented the path...  Another example of why we shouldn't hang on to old PT material!   Not sure what klemp will pull out of his A** in future years; maybe PT will be in the back ground like those FLEMs?    Hey what's the story on the next FLEM announcement?  Oct is coming up real soon.....

        And what about when he is too darn sick to show up at all....  Or god forbid, what if he kicks the bucket?  Will they put a talking head up on a big screen at the seminars and claim klemp is alive and well, use a curtain to cover up the controls going on behind the scenes?  LOL  now that I know the truth behind the lies, it will be very entertaining when they end up having to announce a new LEM.  Who is willing to carry on the BS / Rod?  Maybe the so called LEM is training isn't ready because, well he just isn't willing to take on the burden, or maybe....   There isn't anyone in line, and klemp would like to go crawl under a rock somewhere and disappear?  Is the org / business willable?

        Conspiracy...  To cover up the dirty little secrets of the org.  ;-)  Klemp isn't smart enough to handle this without lawyers.  Though every time he opens his mouth he still looks stupid!  Lawyers aren't paid to increase the IQ of a godman... Shouldn't he already be at a level far more superior than the population of the entire universe!  Wonder what initiation level these lawyers are at, to be able to have some control over how the godman handles his org / business?

        Liz

        Prometheus wrote:

        Anyway, I doubt that Klemp is forbidden by law or settlement
        to say anything negative about Gross after re-reading the
        1983 H.I. Meeting comments that Klemp makes involving DG.
        These comments by Klemp are both negative and misleading.

        Prometheus wrote:

        HK's spin and threat is that Anyone Discussing DG
        or Questioning the validity of anything pertaining
        to the ECKANKAR Religion indicates a "spiritual
        immaturity."

        Liz wrote:
        Actually one of the easiest ways to control the group, is by claiming
        the above... but the truth of the matter is, HK was advised by his
        Lawyers that he should be very careful of what eckankrap and Klemp puts
        out there in the eck community concerning DG.  And vis a versa, DG is
        restricted on what he can share or say due to certain laws.

        Klemp has found a way to threaten his flock, all the while also
        protecting his rock pile of gold.  *Fear* is the ultimate control
        factor; it works in most cases....

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 8, 2007
          Hi Liz,
          You make some good points. I wonder- What is Gross still
          getting paid per month from ECKANKAR (HK) for keeping
          his mouth shut? Shouldn't HK share this information with
          the membership? I think so! Why hide it or ignore the fact
          that people want to know the details even today! There has
          to be a settlement and monthly check to Gross right?!
          Otherwise, Darwin and company would be online attacking
          Klemp and sharing juicy little tid-bits of info on Klemp and
          his crew. The lack of such activity indicates that hush money
          is still being paid out.

          On the other hand... since DG fell from Grace AFTER 10/22/81
          could it be that he has NOW been reinstated as an ECK Master
          by the SUGMAD. Afterall, Klemp doesn't know everything about
          all of the ECK Masters, or Who they are, or of their status.
          If HK did know everything he'd know the name of that
          "Unknown ECK Master" that he has written about.

          So, Why doesn't Klemp reach out to Gross and recognize him
          as an ECK Master? Has DG Not atoned for his sins, or were they
          really Klemp's sins. DG lived Large and HK lives Small and that
          was DG's real sin because spiritual people can't disregard money
          by spending it and buying a private jet, or having an expense
          account. Hmmmmm I wonder how HK spends his money? Does
          he donate money to the local community to help others? How
          much if any? Where are the financial statements? Is there a
          reason this is not shared with the General EK Membership
          who donate their hard earned money via their Membership
          Donation, Book, CD, Audio & Video, and jewerly purchases.
          Of course these are just a few of the income sources of the
          EK org. Why not share this info at the World Wide Seminar
          to 2nds and above?

          As far as Joan becoming a FLEM or Co-LEM... well, it's still
          possible. HK can still be the Mahanta and Joan can become
          a 12th and possibly a 13th for the rest of her days. But then,
          she would be next in line to take over as the Mahanta if Klemp
          croaked (like PT) without a Male successor being named. Or,
          maybe HK has a Will (that he updates) where he does make
          a Male selection for the 974th (4th) position. Except, if Joan
          is the 974th LEM.

          Prometheus