Re: EK: Followers to Become H.I. Leaders - And Never Truly Free!

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 6, 2007
      Good Post! and right on the money!
      It is my belief that all initiations in eck are bogus with nothing
      to back them up. Does anyone anywhere really get an initiation into
      the spiritual worlds?
      Steve

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 7, 2007
        Hi, All!

        Prometheus wrote:
        "ECKists are discouraged from questioning anything.
        Questioning EK Dogma and it's validity or the works of
        Paul Twitchell are a NO NO!"

        Harold Klemp uses his power of "eck authority" to keep
        his chelas inline. He uses fear and persecution that because
        he hold "the rod of eck!" LOL! Those who believe in the eck
        teachings and the validity of the bogus eck initiations certainly
        are aware of what is in store for them if they ask the wrong
        questions or dare to challenge the eck beliefs and eck org,
        especially Harold Klemp. We all most certainly know what
        happened to Ford Johnson and Graham Forsyth when
        Graham's journal was brought to Klemp's attention!!
        How dare them!! LOL!

        Below I am reposting a couple of posts--one from A.R.E.
        that tells what happens to initiations of those who leave
        eckankar and try to come back. The other is a book review
        of "Those Wonderful ECK Masters" posted on Amazon.com
        which tells about Klemp calls chelas "losers" when they
        complain or question the eck teachings.

        As Prometheus wrote in his post, chelas will never be "truly
        free!" Eckankar doesn't produce what it promises--it just
        suppresses and controls those who are searching for spiritual
        truths and enlightenment! Eckankar is of the dark ages! LOL!
        Here are the cross postings as well as a few more comments
        from me at the end.

        From A.R.E., Sept. 2005, a poster named Simon reposted this
        message from HCS, this is what Harold Klemp does to those
        who question his authority and the eck teachings:

        Before reading Ford's book, I commented to my wife how it
        seemed to me that the greater of thrust of the Eck writings
        had come to be about attaining and retaining membership,
        and that in addition to that, there seemed to be a pervasive
        undercurrent of fear being communicated. The latest
        quarterly publication came in the mail. As I have disengaged
        from Eckankar, my wife almost immediately recycled it, but
        chose not to. I found the following interesting. The cover story
        by Harold discusses how to talk about or share Eckankar. An
        article that is nearly 2 pages long discusses how one learns to
        get past their fear or discomfort in regard to talking about
        Eckankar to others. The Wisdom Notes on the last page talks
        about 3 different cases having to do with leaving or coming to
        the Eck teachings. In the Wisdom Note, Harold states the following:
        "Several years ago, the Kal (negative power) tricked a chela into
        believing that her Satsang teacher was the next Living ECK
        Master. Nevertheless, her teacher couldn't have been more
        wrong in his presumption. His ECK Satsang class largely
        became his disciples, and at ECK Worldwide Seminars, he and
        they came to announce his mastership. Most ECKists saw through
        him at once; yet some didn't." "Naturally, the ringleaders were all
        suspended from ECKANKAR for an indefinite time. And that's how
        things stood until recently." "In due time, disappointment with the
        claims of this 'minimaster' allowed this chela and her husband to
        see and hear the Light and Sound of God beyond the veil of their
        illusion. Now they wished to return to ECKANKAR. The husband,
        who'd not been an ECKist before, started his ECK discourse study
        as a new member. The wife, however, expected to return as a Fourth
        Initiate, her former level." "The spiritual question, though, was,
        what number of people had she misled while a missionary for the
        Kal? She was partly responsible for all the karma they had created,
        and were creating."
        "Furthermore, she bore an ongoing responsibility for the negative
        deeds of every single one of them as long as they remained outside
        of ECK." "This meant that she now carried too much karma to qualify
        for the Fourth Initiation. It was also too much karma for the Third
        Initiation. It was likewise for the first Initiation. She did qualify as a
        new ECK member, like her husband, providing she was allowed to
        return at all." "She'd once made a very wrong spiritual decision. Her
        problems were all of her own doing."
        I was wondering if this in part referenced the experiences relating to ?
        Graham Forsythe as well as Ford. I remember Ford writing about ?
        wondering how it was that he might have been in error, simply by
        being honest with himself in regard to his own questions and
        experiences, as well as those of others. It seems that Harold is
        suggesting that there can be a grave penalty for not knowing what
        we do not know, and daring to be honest about it. I'm not sure I
        would advocate such a path as this to those I love and care about
        (e.g. my children), where simply being honest with one's self can
        bring about the worst of circumstances. Better that they never get
        too close to the terrible fire or Eck? Interestingly, there are two new
        books for sale by Harold titled "Those Wonderful Eck Masters" and
        "Truth Has No Secrets".
        (end of A.R.E. post)

        Book review posted on Amazon.com :
        Eckankar's biggest pitch is to prove this spriritual reality to
        yourself! However, brainwashing along with mental and emotional
        imbalance can cause delusional perception. These mental
        constructs produce the desired results (visitation by Eck Masters)
        and this is what these people want and need in order to alliviate
        their fears (of death) and give them hope and belief in a religion or
        Masters that will answer all of their inner questions. Outer and
        on-going questioning is discouraged in Eckankar because it can't
        answer the contradictions in its dogma. Here is an excert from
        the book (pg.211) that shows the unloving author and cult leader
        Harold Klemp in his true light.

        "Belief in the Master's ever-present company relies upon an
        individual's degree of unfoldment. Actual inner experiences help
        one move to a greater understanding of the ways of divine
        revelation. But if he chooses to hang on to shopworn karmic debts
        due to, say, an inability to control some mental passion or habit like
        anger, then his spiritual momentum stops. It's that simple. Of course,
        a headstrong follower always tries to fix blame on the Mahanta, the
        Living Eck Master when his attemps to advance in ECK comes to
        nothing."

        "But such an attitude changes nothing. The individual is a loser and
        will continue to be a loser until he adopts the practices of a winner."

        "I'm used to such misdirected slings. They go with my position. I
        realize that at some point an individual will break free of his holding
        pattern and again soar higher. It's when he's seen that all
        responsibility for his unfoldment lies with him alone."

        Here is another Eckankar contradiction! How can an individual Eckist
        ever break free of the need for their Mahanta (Klemp) when always
        needing that next initiation. Even the 9th-12th initiates (and former
        Mahantas) are still under the authority of Klemp!
        (end of Amazon book review)

        On another note, I read recent post on A.R.E. in which Doug
        Marman wrote he hasn't read Harold's book "Those Wonderful
        ECK Masters" yet. He seems very unfamiliar with this book
        written in 2005, yet Marman has written another book
        himself recently espousing the truth--the whole truth about
        eckankar! Now, it puzzles me that Doug appears uninterested
        in what Harold Klemp is writing, especially the book "Those
        Wonderful ECK Masters." Since Klemp has gone to great lengths
        to prove the validity of these eck masters, wouldn't Marman find
        Klemp's book important to what he himself has written???
        Wouldn't excerpts from HK's book depict the whole truth with a
        current context? Or does the whole truth about eckankar as
        Marman sees it only lie in its past? It seems to me that there
        is a large group of Twitchell eckists who are disregarding and
        ignoring Klemp's dogma! This has to be a bigger headache
        for Klemp and the org than we detractors. LOL!

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 7, 2007
          Yes, it is strange that Marman tends to dwell in the past
          with a Twitchell/Radhasoami view of ECKANKAR versus
          the current/sanitized and Christian-like view of Klemp's.

          However, on Ford's The Truth-Seeker site Marman replies
          to Nacal [ME] on 2/8/2004 by making some comments
          that he NOW probably wishes he hadn't made.

          http://www.thetruth-seeker.com/dispBB.asp

          *On Myth-

          Nacal: "Is what Harold teaches (Eckankar) a Myth?
          Since I brought the subject up can you tell me if
          the Holocaust was a Myth or Not?"

          Doug: "... Yes, I would say a lot of what is taught
          about Eckankar is a Myth. Yes, I think that a lot of
          what people think about the Holocaust is made up
          of Myth as well... History is largely made up of Myth."

          So, will Marman, in his new book, tell the "Whole
          Truth" about the MYTH of ECKANKAR as well? Probably
          Not!

          *On Twitchell's Birth Year and Mysterious Creations-

          Doug: "Obviously we now know where he came from
          and was born (Paducah, Kentucky)... We also know
          when he was born (1909)... I think he liked the idea
          that his past was Mysterious, and he helped to Create
          this Mysterious Past."

          Will Doug share this too in his new book? How can DM's
          Whole Truth about ECKANKAR Not Show that Twitchell
          Created his own Mysterious Past as Doug claims? Also,
          the 1909 Birth Year (Doug gives) for PT means that at
          age 27 the year was 1936. Therefore when Klemp states
          (on Eckankar.org) that Twitch was "exaggerating" and
          "twisting facts" at age 27 to get into Who's Who in Kentucky
          and that PT had never traveled far from home then - How
          could PT have met Sudar Singh on his "first" trip to India
          in 1935?!

          *Rebazar Tarzs-

          Nacal is refering to a quote about RT: 'But it is a fact that
          his Master Rebazar Tarzs, an ancient Tibetan lama, who
          appears to be in his early forties, was a young man when
          Columbus discovered America.'

          "Now, was that really a 'fact,' or a delusional belief, or a
          deliberate lie? Or, is it that," 'There is a need of the people
          to believe in the Magic of a Saviour, and Sri Paul Twitchell
          knows this and acts out the part.' [quote from Difficulties
          Of Becoming The LEM]

          Doug: "It certainly is No Fact, since there are No Records
          Nor Anything Else To Prove That REBAZAR TARZS Even
          Exists, Never Mind How Old He Really Is. However, there
          is no proof that it is a lie either. It certainly sounds far-
          fetched."

          Marman seems to cast some doubt on the existance of
          Rebazar. Apparently he's never had a personal experience
          or visitation to erase these doubts. Maybe he needs to use
          his Imagination in order to Believe like most other chelas do!
          I wonder what DM has to say about RT, in his new book, that
          would contradict the doubts he casts in this 2004 post on TS?

          * Marman on EK Initiations-

          Nacal: "Are the Initiations in Eckankar Valid as a Means to
          Greater Spiritual Growth over those who are Non-ECKists?
          Or, is this a Myth too?"

          Doug: "I think the initiations are a mixed bag... But they have
          become filled with Myths as well. I can tell you that Self-
          Realization is rare, H.I. or not. The Initiation Level Doesn't
          Prove Anything... I dont't think Anyone should be Judging
          another person's Worth or Truth by what Initiation Level
          They Are At. INCLUDING THE MASTER."

          Thus, Doug's opinion is that "Self-Realization is rare, H.I.
          or not" and "initiation level doesn't prove anything" and
          that NO ONE should be "judging another person's worth or
          truth" as to their "initiation level... including the Master" (HK).

          Will these opinions, also, be reflected in Doug's new book?
          Hmmmmm I sort of doubt it!

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 7, 2007
            Hi Liz,
            The 972nd LEM/Mahanta (Gross) was not always
            a "Black Magician" was he? When does Klemp claim
            DG fell from Grace or went to the Dark Side as a
            KAL agent?

            Was a LEM (HK) qualified to judge a Mahanta
            (DG)? Appearances can be deceiving in the worlds
            of Maya.

            Was Gross a Black Magician when he handed Klemp
            the Rod of ECK Power? It seems that would that be
            impossible according to ECK Dogma! So, when did Gross
            begin to show negative traits in the running of ECKANKAR
            and in his decision making? Who judged him, the Board
            and Klemp? How could they know what the Mahanta (DG),
            the special incarnation of Sugmad, knew?

            On the other hand... Klemp did say he met twice with DG
            in the SOUND PROOF DARK ROOM where Klemp worked
            daily at the ESC. [Soul Travelers of the Far Country, CH. 7]

            How far back (in Darwin's reign as LEM/Mahanta) do
            the inapproiate salaries and expenditures go? Is spending
            money, as though it has no value, WORSE than hoarding it
            or using it to build monuments (buildings)?

            In other words- was Darwin an agent for the KAL when
            he gave out ECK Initiations to all chelas including HK and
            when he made Klemp the LEM, or WHEN afterwards?

            ECKists have to believe that Darwin ONLY turned to the
            Kal AFTER he handed Klemp the Rod of Power on Oct.,
            22, 1981. Therefore, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that
            DG did BEFORE this date (10/22/1981) must have been
            in harmony of the Spiritual Laws of ECK and, therefore,
            with the approval of the SUGMAD, The Nine Silent Ones,
            and the Order of Vairagi ECK Masters. Although, the Order
            the Vairagi of ECK Masters work UNDER/FOR the LEM/Mahanta
            according to Klemp's current views.

            Whether the Lower Plane ECKANKAR Board of Trustees
            (under KAL's rule) approved of Gross' actions or not is a
            moot point in the Higher Spiritual Worlds of ECK and yet
            these are the physical laws and means that Klemp used to
            expel an ECK Master... Gross.

            Anyway, I doubt that Klemp is forbidden by law or settlement
            to say anything negative about Gross after re-reading the
            1983 H.I. Meeting comments that Klemp makes involving DG.
            These comments by Klemp are both negative and misleading.

            Don't ECKists wonder what the 972nd LEM/Mahanta had
            to say when he was still an Enlightened Being and Vairagi
            Master? What was DG's perspective on various topics when
            Klemp was his Chela and Apprendice? Where is this ECK History?
            Why has Klemp destroyed these teachings or forbids that it
            is read and shared within Satsangs, etc.? WHY? Is it fear?
            It's a Fear of Truth and a control tactic that keeps HK from
            showing the other-side-of-the-coin to chelas. Why can't HK
            do something Positive regarding DG instead of pretending
            it never happened. Why not share the good to balance out
            the bad that has been said? Take the Higher Road Harry!
            I guess that won't happen will it... just keep ignoring it like
            it never happened right!

            Is it the Fear of the teachings and words of another "Living"
            ECK Master (before his fall) to be shared when other Masters'
            words, supposedly, are shared? It really doesn't make sense
            if Eckankar is all that it claims as the "highest and most direct
            path" and spiritual teaching. ECkists should be above the
            negative egotistic trappings of the physical world and print
            DG's EK Spiritual Works/Articles prior to 10/22/1981.

            Afterall, any article written by DG in an ECK publication is
            still the property of ECKANKAR.

            HK's spin and threat is that Anyone Discussing DG
            or Questioning the validity of anything pertaining
            to the ECKANKAR Religion indicates a "spiritual
            immaturity."

            Liz wrote:
            Actually one of the easiest ways to control the group, is by claiming
            the above... but the truth of the matter is, HK was advised by his
            Lawyers that he should be very careful of what eckankrap and Klemp puts
            out there in the eck community concerning DG. And vis a versa, DG is
            restricted on what he can share or say due to certain laws.

            Klemp has found a way to threaten his flock, all the while also
            protecting his rock pile of gold. *Fear* is the ultimate control
            factor; it works in most cases....
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 7, 2007
              Hi Steve,
              Yes, those ECK initiations are spiritually bogus.
              This is why EK chelas have to rationalize, imagine,
              and pretend. At first one will blame oneself and
              think it is them. Guilt and shame and self doubts
              are what seem to make sense when initiations
              or inner experiences don't come through. Afterall,
              Klemp never takes responsibility for the bad or for
              chelas Not having inner experiences or not getting
              an initiation, but HK will always take credit for the
              "good" that normally befalls chelas or anyone for
              that matter! Eventually, long-time chelas will learn
              to rationalize more and more in order to justify their
              positions and opinions. These H.I.s lose their perspective
              as they become more and more deluded and confined
              to the limits of EK Dogma. They have given up looking
              for Truth because they have been misdirected, lied to,
              and confused for so long that they now just look for
              simple answers in Klemp's simple-minded words and
              stories. In other words... they have given up, but can't
              bring themselves to leave ECKANKAR. They have become
              attached to their "Positions" and "Initiation Rank." They
              NEED the earthly admiration and friendships they have
              invested in and cultivated over the years. I don't blame
              them. Change, Individual Spiritual Freedom, and Self-Mastery
              is a difficult choice when it comes to losing friendships
              and causing disharmony within a family. However, one
              cannot Continue to advance Spiritually within the confines
              of being a Religious Follower... regardless of the Religion!

              BTW- DOUG MARMAN-A FEW RESPONSES-TS 2/8/2004
              is on the LINKS Page.

              Prometheus

              prometheus wrote:

> [...]
              > > > barely 500 years old. It was founded by Siri Guru
              > > > Nanak Dev Ji in 1469 who laid the basic principles
              > > > of Sikhism. It offered the people a simple Sikh
              > > > religion teaching "Oneness of God", whose name
              > > > is TRUTH. Nine Gurus followed him who all reinforced
              > > > and added to what was taught by the first Guru. After
              > > > which in 1708, the holy book of the Sikhs, The Siri
              > > > GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI was Proclaimed to be the
              > > > only Guru by the last Guru, Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
              > > > This holy book embodies the philosophy and fundamentals
              > > > of Sikhism. It is the only holy book of a major religion
              > > > which was written and authenticated by its founders.
              > >
              > > *** Try this address-
              > > http://www.sikh.net/publications/View/roots.htm
              > > ***
              > >
              > > > The only holy book of a major religion
              > > > which was written and authenticated by
              > > > its founders. That sounds like a first to

            • Elizabeth
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 8, 2007
                Hey Prometheus, guess I should explain my thoughts further on this topic?

                Klemp and Company were in fact counseled on what should and should not be shared publicly.  They (he) was also advised on what to remove from the *history* of eckankar, pertaining to PT and DG.  Buying up old material so the new members won't have access, warning members to stay off the computer...  All part of keeping their membership in the dark.  Some listen, some don't.  But there will always be the gullable willing to put on those rose colored glasses and develop tunnel vision.

                So how does a god man down play or avoid having to deal with *issues*?    The org pays these bottom duelers (eck lawyers) big money to keep them out of trouble!  Did someone advise klemp in 1983, I give up!  But I do know back in the day, we were warned not to keep any of DG's material, burn it all....  Then warning of what would happen if the membership didn't comply, as you mentioned how the org put *fear* into the membership.  "spiritual immaturity" .    And that lam excuse that Klemp is of a higher consciousness than the godman that invented the path...  Another example of why we shouldn't hang on to old PT material!   Not sure what klemp will pull out of his A** in future years; maybe PT will be in the back ground like those FLEMs?    Hey what's the story on the next FLEM announcement?  Oct is coming up real soon.....

                And what about when he is too darn sick to show up at all....  Or god forbid, what if he kicks the bucket?  Will they put a talking head up on a big screen at the seminars and claim klemp is alive and well, use a curtain to cover up the controls going on behind the scenes?  LOL  now that I know the truth behind the lies, it will be very entertaining when they end up having to announce a new LEM.  Who is willing to carry on the BS / Rod?  Maybe the so called LEM is training isn't ready because, well he just isn't willing to take on the burden, or maybe....   There isn't anyone in line, and klemp would like to go crawl under a rock somewhere and disappear?  Is the org / business willable?

                Conspiracy...  To cover up the dirty little secrets of the org.  ;-)  Klemp isn't smart enough to handle this without lawyers.  Though every time he opens his mouth he still looks stupid!  Lawyers aren't paid to increase the IQ of a godman... Shouldn't he already be at a level far more superior than the population of the entire universe!  Wonder what initiation level these lawyers are at, to be able to have some control over how the godman handles his org / business?

                Liz

                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 8, 2007
                  Hi Liz,
                  You make some good points. I wonder- What is Gross still
                  getting paid per month from ECKANKAR (HK) for keeping
                  his mouth shut? Shouldn't HK share this information with
                  the membership? I think so! Why hide it or ignore the fact
                  that people want to know the details even today! There has
                  to be a settlement and monthly check to Gross right?!
                  Otherwise, Darwin and company would be online attacking
                  Klemp and sharing juicy little tid-bits of info on Klemp and
                  his crew. The lack of such activity indicates that hush money
                  is still being paid out.

                  On the other hand... since DG fell from Grace AFTER 10/22/81
                  could it be that he has NOW been reinstated as an ECK Master
                  by the SUGMAD. Afterall, Klemp doesn't know everything about
                  all of the ECK Masters, or Who they are, or of their status.
                  If HK did know everything he'd know the name of that
                  "Unknown ECK Master" that he has written about.

                  So, Why doesn't Klemp reach out to Gross and recognize him
                  as an ECK Master? Has DG Not atoned for his sins, or were they
                  really Klemp's sins. DG lived Large and HK lives Small and that
                  was DG's real sin because spiritual people can't disregard money
                  by spending it and buying a private jet, or having an expense
                  account. Hmmmmm I wonder how HK spends his money? Does
                  he donate money to the local community to help others? How
                  much if any? Where are the financial statements? Is there a
                  reason this is not shared with the General EK Membership
                  who donate their hard earned money via their Membership
                  Donation, Book, CD, Audio & Video, and jewerly purchases.
                  Of course these are just a few of the income sources of the
                  EK org. Why not share this info at the World Wide Seminar
                  to 2nds and above?

                  As far as Joan becoming a FLEM or Co-LEM... well, it's still
                  possible. HK can still be the Mahanta and Joan can become
                  a 12th and possibly a 13th for the rest of her days. But then,
                  she would be next in line to take over as the Mahanta if Klemp
                  croaked (like PT) without a Male successor being named. Or,
                  maybe HK has a Will (that he updates) where he does make
                  a Male selection for the 974th (4th) position. Except, if Joan
                  is the 974th LEM.

                  Prometheus