Re: [EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous] Re: From Paducah to Eckankar - Response #6

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 23, 2007
      Prometheus,

         Could be wrong, but on Doug's site I don't know that
      there is any definite year. My recollection is 1909, give
      or take a year. For some reason though, the year 1909
      is what rings true for me at this point - based on what I
      can remember reading.

         Also, when Harold mentions Paul' Twitchell's trips to
      India, I believe that Harold qualified the sentence(s) with
      "Paul said". I could be wrong.

         The word "said" appears several times in the Eck
      writings when the ages for Rebazar Tarzs & Sudar
      Singh are mentioned. Ex. "said to be", etc. Writing
      it this way, the author is not necessarily claiming a
      first-hand account - it would seem. I don't know for
      sure, but I didn't write the material.

         Of course, there are probably other reasons for
      saying (to the effect that) "so and so said", etc.
      This way you don't claim responsibility for know-
      ing the actual truth. Responsibility is left with an-
      other.

         And if the other is not any longer living? Well,
      maybe this is how stories, myth and legend are
      born, etc. (could have mentioned "religions").

         In my opinion.

      Etznab