Re: The H.I. Letter 06/2007 [Front Page Article]

  • Non ekster
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 10, 2007
      Let's see.... Chinese woman meets Chinese man, dream about church on
      fire convinces eckist that they must infiltrate churches and convert
      them to ECKANKRAP (another stupid religion), and street children are
      helped by a practical charity program but also brain washed into
      believing in ECKANKRAP DOGMA. Wow how impressive! : D And this proves
      what? That ECKANKARP IS NOTHING BUT PURE DELUSION. Just a smelly old
      dead ECKFISH. LOL

      Nonekster ; )

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
        The story about the street children being "saved" by the eckist
        participating in the charity program is rather telling. Of course,
        eckists are always looking for the opportunities to recruit--rather
        sad as what they do on a regular basis appears to always have this
        ulterior motive behind it which is to hook more people into the cult.
        This is what all three of the stories Klemp tells here are about.

        However, in the last story regarding the young street kid, Klemp
        shows contempt and speaks negatively about the police and
        corrections officers--people in authority. I thought the police
        were suppose to be the good guys, so why is Klemp conveying
        this bad guy message?

        I wonder if Klemp, who appears to hold grudges forever, is still
        ticked off about his notorious arrest at the airport where he
        stripped in front of fellow passengers--years ago? When one reads
        about this episode in his life and his time at the insane asylum, one
        can grasp that Klemp felt he had outwitted the system. I don't
        remember that he complained about the way the police officers
        handled him, but maybe he did have some issues with them, but
        kept it to himself? It would be interesting to re-read that story in
        his autobiography.

        Of course, another reason for criticizing those in control such as
        police officers and others in authority (power) is that Klemp wants
        to enforce the idea of who has the highest authority in his opinion.
        Klemp states that "the Mahanta is the highest state of consciousness
        known to the chronicles of mankind" (excerpt from "Those Wonderful
        ECK Masters") . . . and thus, making others look bad reinforces that he
        is the ultimate authority. This is all narcissistic behavior, don't you
        think? Destroy those who might threaten the narcissist's position of
        power while making himself look good!

        Klemp's "bashing" the police officers in this story is really just more of
        his immature and narcissistic behavior which actually reveals how such a
        fake like Klemp controls and maintains the reins of power in his cult! It's
        all nonsense, but people continue to fall for such stories, don't they? : )

        Mish

        --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Non ekster"

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
          Apparently Klemp can't relate any real Truth to his H.I.s,
          thus, he recycles these bias stories (testimonials) sent
          to the ESC by other Eckists, and then reshapes them
          to "prove" that the Mahanta's powers and reach are that
          equal to God... except he sees "God" as the Kal (Satan).
          Ironic isn't it!

          I have more comments to share below.
          ***
          [HK's Embellished Story #3, June 2007, The H.I. Letter,
          Front Page Article]

          HK: "The long arm of the Mahanta.

          The Mahanta works in many and diverse ways to reach out
          to people of all ages, including the youth."

          [ME] Except, one has to be an Eckist in HK's stories. However,
          it is never explained how people in other religions, who worship
          a 2nd or 4th Plane "God" (or former Eckists), have even more
          and greater stories, involving Spirit, to share. Why is that?

          HK: "Jack is an ECK initiate in SOUTH AFRICA. At the time he
          reported the following incident, he was working as a journalist
          for an Investigative magazine.

          He also ran a small project since 1996 that has taken a number
          of street children off the streets and put them into what he called
          'long-term upliftment.' Some SIX YEARS LATER, ONE of his youths
          landed in prison. The police had trumped-up evidence against
          him for possessing tools used for housebreaking—four spark
          plug pieces."

          [ME] Klemp is making this street kid to look like a VICTIM! Also,
          it looks like "Jack" stole the name of "Long-Term Upliftment"
          from other, more high profile, projects. Just Google it and see
          for yourself. And, the "project" was started in 1996 and "six years
          later" (2002) Jack just had "one" street kid get in trouble with the law.
          Why is this so shocking? And why is Klemp telling a story that happened
          Five Years Ago?! This is the June 2007 H.I. Letter and HK's telling
          a story that happened in 2002! And, Why did this street kid have
          these pieces of a spark plug that could be used to pick a lock? One
          can, also, use a Coat Hanger to get into a car! Klemp is an idiot!

          HK: "It is NECESSARY to mention here that all the youths in Jack's
          rescue-and-upliftment program knew about the Mahanta and
          the power of HU."

          [ME] I'm sure that these "youths" had heard about Christianity and
          Islam too! Maybe this knowledge kept them out of trouble more
          than their "knowing" of Eckankar did!

          HK: "The accused youth sang HU in prison when someone wanted
          to fight him, when the prison guards threatened to beat him,
          and when he was lonely."

          [ME] Chanting and meditation has been proven to be a stress relief,
          therefore, this can be of benefit to anyone... including non-Eckists.

          HK: "Finally, after numerous delays, his trial took place. The
          Magistrate threw out the trumped-up police evidence and
          set him free."

          [ME] It might, also, be that the prosecuter couldn't really prove
          that these spark plug pieces could be used as burgler tools, and
          it could be that "Jack" spoke as a character witness for the kid,
          as well, and this is why the Magistrate dismissed the charges.

          HK: "That is another example of THE Mahanta's LONG ARM.
          NOTEWORTHY is the FACT that this ECK youth was a light of hope
          and guidance for other prison youths, speaking to them of higher
          principles in ways they could understand. You, like him, can be an
          instrument for the Mahanta too."

          [ME] Interesting! Klemp is now referring to this one street kid
          as an "ECK youth!" What makes him an ECK youth other than
          chanting HU while in jail? Does he have an Eckankar membership
          card? I doubt it! How did this kid speak to other prison youth?
          What did he say about these "higher principles?" It seems, from
          the story, that he was trying to keep a low profile (and chanting
          HU) in order not to be beat by other kids or guards! Now, Klemp
          is making the street kid into a martyr, an ECK youth, and a "light
          of hope and guidance for other prison youths."

          What I don't see is any correlation that "the Mahanta's long arm"
          and "You, like him, can be an instrument for the Mahanta too."
          Therefore, why does one need the Mahanta when you can be your
          own Mahanta. Let's face it... Klemp (as Mahanta) doesn't have the
          ability to help anyone! Universally, SPIRIT helps every Soul in various
          ways. Religious leaders (like Klemp, the Mahanta) just take credit
          for this because many people (chelas) like to adore others (H.I.s)
          by putting them upon pedestals as idols, gods, Masters. This way
          Eckists don't have to think for themselves... it's the Easy Way of
          Eckankar!

          Prometheus

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 13, 2007
            The H.I. Letter, June 2007 (Front Page Article) by Harold Klemp
            [Klemp's 2nd Load of Crap]

            HK: "Dear Brothers of the Leaf...

            A few people among a thousand are ready for the ECK
            teachings of spiritual freedom. I have mentioned this in
            my talks and writings from time to time."

            [ME] I would think, from looking at the number of chelas,
            that Klemp's accuracy is askewed here as well! The count
            is actually around One chela (sucker) per One Hundred
            Thousand people! Eckankar is a scam, but not that good
            of one!

            HK: "Jim, who lives in the northwestern part of the U.S.,
            did the math for his city of around a million people. He
            reasoned that since the Master had said 'a few,' he meant
            at least three, or he would have said 'a couple of.' 'A few
            people' in this case meant three thousand Souls ready to
            learn about the Mahanta and ECK teachings. So Jim and
            other chelas made plans to find them."

            [ME] LOL! There aren't Three Thousand ECKists in
            Minnesota and most of them moved there! If Klemp
            really wanted people to "learn" about Eckankar then why
            hasn't he placed National Ads like the Mormons do?
            I think HK just wants his volunteer Vahantas, etc. to keep
            busy (with busy work) and to stay distracted (seeking that
            elusive carrot of initiation) with those required trainings,
            (and required brown nosing) while donating their own time
            and money to qualify for those coveted fake initiations and
            "important" positions within the RESA hierarchies. Klemp
            could save a lot of time, personal resources, and leg work
            for his Chelas in the field by spending more of Eckankar's
            money on National Ads rather than on an Eckankar
            (Believe It or Not!) Museum!

            HK: "In connection with these plans, Jim had a dream in which
            he was in the back of a church hall. Smoke began pouring
            into the room. Quickly, he opened the back door and found
            it led outside through a long hallway. Jim faced a choice:
            to save himself or go back into the room and look for trapped
            people."

            [ME] Actually, wouldn't most of us go back and help people
            escape from a burning building? Sure! Besides, this dream
            is so typical of what others in different religions, also, dream!
            Eckankar is a church too isn't it? Klemp has stated that it is!
            Maybe the true "connection" with this dream and Jim's Vahanta
            plans is that this dream is a personal message showing him that
            he needs to "escape" from the Eckankar Church/teachings, and
            to take others with him! Also, when one is focused on a specific
            predetermined outcome it is common to have ones mind
            validate this through images and dreams.

            HK: "He chose the latter. A door in front of him did not feel
            hot, so he opened it and began to coax people to leave by the
            back door. Many did." What did Jim see as the meaning of his
            dream?"

            [ME] It's obvious what he would choose! And, Jim's been brain-
            washed to see only one explanation for his dream!

            HK: "I wonder if this is a metaphor for Dream 3000 (the name
            of the Vahana plans that he and others had drafted), he mused.
            Perhaps, he thought, I will rescue those who find the formal
            religions suffocating. The long arm of the Mahanta."

            [ME] Doesn't this whole story, now, seem that it's been
            manipulated! Klemp stated that he's mentioned, before,
            in both his writings and talks that "a few people among a
            thousand are ready for the ECK teachings." And, now, it's
            mentioned that there is a local Vahana project called Dream
            3000 that "Jim" is involved with and even helped to draft!
            So why, (in this 2nd embellished letter to H.I.s), does it state
            that Jim "did the math" and came up with 3 versus 3000!

            It's obvious that Klemp is trying to "inspire" Eck Leaders (H.I.s)
            to get those numbers up! However, some areas have already
            met the quota (3 per 1000) in letting people "know" about Eckankar.
            One can't force people to join! When is Klemp going to do his
            part and spend those Eckankar funds on National Publicity?
            Never! It's all about getting the local Eckists to spend their
            own money and time while jumping through those hoops. HK
            wants to prevent too many more H.I.s from topping out and
            receiving that 7th Initiation. Eckists should think about this and
            that endless cycle where bringing in more "paying" members
            (the only kind) is more important than than providing "New"
            insights for greater (higher) spiritual growth. Oops! don't forget
            that glass ceiling! Let's face it: Everything that Klemp has to offer
            has already been provided by Twitchell's plagiarisms and distortions
            of Truth. Klemp just recycles and spins the stories of others to
            make it seem like some sort of a "spiritual" message.

            Why do Eckists really think/feel/imagine that they need a
            middleman (Mahanta), or to be a follower of a religion after,
            especially, 30 years of membership?! Amazing! If one hasn't
            reached independency versus Co-dependency and Mastership
            with Spiritual Freedom after 30 years then it's time to leave!

            Prometheus
            p.s. I wonder if Eckists are trying to convert Muslims (helping them
            "learn" about Eckankar) like Eckists are with the Christians and Jews?
            Maybe Jim could "find them" in the Muslim communities?!
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 14, 2007
              The H.I. Letter, June 2007 (Front Page Article)
              by Harold Klemp

              HK: "Dear Brothers of the Leaf,

              The Mahanta REACHES OUT FOR SEEKERS in surprising
              ways. A CASE IN POINT is the Story Told by a Higher
              Initiate, whom WE WILL CALL MARY, who is in AUSTRALIA."

              [ME] Whom "We" will call Mary? Who's "we?" Why not say,
              Whom "I" will call Mary? Is this a Freudian slip showing
              that Klemp is, also, a Paranoid Schizophrenic and a
              narcissist?! I think so! Also, as you read this "story" look
              for and compare: Who did what; Why it was done; How
              many people did it affect; in What way?

              HK: "Mary has a friend, June (a pseudonym), who is an ECK
              initiate. June had been an initiate Quite A FEW YEARS, UNTIL
              ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO, when she decided to STEP BACK
              from the OUTER WORKS of ECK. She did so BECAUSE SHE FELT
              UNWORTHY and UNABLE to reach what she felt were THE
              REQUIREMENTS NEEDED as an INITIATE in ECK. Yet she kept
              up with the Spiritual Exercises of ECK and inner contact with
              the Master."

              [ME] So, "June" (probably an H.I.) stepped back and took a
              rest about ten years ago (1997). It seems that June couldn't
              fulfill the Eck Leadership requirements for H.I.s which includes
              participating in and planning intros, taking a leadership role,
              having the required trainings, becoming a Cleric (first) and
              having to do the EWS, and being a spokesperson (locally) for
              Eckankar. Many people have the fear of public speaking. Many
              of these H.I.s, in the past, worked in the background until
              Klemp implemented the restrictions in order to "slow down"
              the Eck Initiations to prevent too many more reaching the
              limits of the 7th!

              HK: "During this ten-year sabbatical from the outer ECK works,
              June decided to learn Mandarin Chinese. She is Chinese."

              [ME] Okay, NOW Klemp is saying that "JUNE," also, took TEN
              YEARS OFF (ten-year sabbatical) starting about "ten years ago."
              The thing that smells, here, is that Eckists are only permitted
              to officially take a FIVE-YEAR REST PERIOD (sabbatical). Does
              this mean that German-American H.I.s can take a TEN YEAR
              SABBATICAL from the "outer ECK works" to learn GERMAN?
              It seems so! However, will they also lose initiations? I know
              that they lose the time-in-grade for that next promotion.
              Except, Eckists in countries outside of the U.S. do get promoted
              faster!

              HK: "Fast-forward now to several years ago, when she came
              back to the outer ECK works and resumed the ECK Satsang
              classes. One day Mary called her. Would June like to give a
              short talk at the ECK Worship Service on how it was when she
              left the outer study and how it is now? June readily agreed."

              [ME] Isn't Klemp's Time-Line kind of screwed up?! HK states
              that "June" stepped back from the outer Eck works 10 years ago,
              and took a 10 year rest (sabbatical). Now, Klemp wants us to
              "fast-forward" to "several years ago!" Maybe we should REWIND
              to "several years ago!" Except, this doesn't make sense either
              if about 10 years ago, 1997, she took a 10 year rest to 2007.
              So, how could "JUNE" come "back to the outer ECK works"
              several (4-5?) years ago in 2002?! Klemp doesn't even have
              the awareness to keep his "facts" accurate in his embellished
              stories! Also, what was it, originally, that made "June" feel
              "UNWORTHY and UNABLE to REACH what she felt were the
              REQUIREMENTS NEEDED as an initiate in ECK?" Why did this
              change? Did she have more confidence or find some additional
              identity or self-knowledge through the process of learning a
              new language? Klemp seems to skip over these details, and
              lacks the insight to give clarity for this.

              HK: "Later, when the service was over and most people were
              gone from the ECK center, a car pulled into a parking spot right
              out front. An Asian man climbed out and then stood looking
              in at the ECK-center door." 'Would you like to come in and look
              around?' Mary asked. Mary had a feeling that he had a hard time
              understanding English, so she called June over. June addressed
              him in Mandarin. Soon they were engaged in a lively conversation."

              [ME] Interesting! Klemp states that (H.I.) "Mary Had a Feeling."
              I thought that "feelings" and "intuition," for Eckists, were of a
              negative and lower Astral experience or focus!

              HK: "Later, June told Mary and other ECK initiates his story.
              The Man had never heard of ECKANKAR before. He was
              on a short vacation from Taiwan and had been looking for
              the marketplace. He had only stopped in front of the ECK
              center because he was looking for a parking spot. The only
              open one was right at the center's front door.

              'This is a miracle!' he kept saying. 'A miracle!' For the ECK
              and the Mahanta were exactly what he was looking for."

              [ME] If this common incident was a "miracle" for this guy
              and for these Eckists, as well as, for Klemp then this really
              limits what kind of "miracles" and changes in consciousness
              will take place in the future for any of these people! These
              things happen to EVERYONE and NOT just to ECKISTS!
              There are TV shows that show incidents "miracles" that are
              really astounding rather than these mundane little Eckie
              stories that can't even follow a time-line! It seems that Klemp
              is grabbing at straws (with these stories) to keep Eckankar afloat!

              HK: "That is an excellent example of how the Mahanta's long arm
              reaches out to a true seeker. But then, likely as not, he calls
              on you to do your part. The path of ECK is one of giving and
              receiving, for that is the way of sure spiritual unfoldment.
              June undoubtedly learned this firsthand."

              [ME] I'm curious about one thing here. What makes this business
              man from Taiwan, who is visiting Australia, a "TRUE SEEKER?"
              Did this guy join Eckankar? What did the Mahanta have to do
              with "June" taking 10 years off from the Outer Eck Works to learn
              Mandarin in order to have have a short conversation with this man?
              Maybe all ECKists need to take TEN YEARS OFF to prepare for
              "miracles" to happen to them! Is this Klemp's real (hidden)
              message to his H.I.s? LOL!

              The thing with ECKANKAR, and ALL religions, is there is always
              a religious leader (prophet-saviour-cleric, etc.) taking credit for
              healings, miracles, prophecies, etc. in advance, after-the-fact,
              and in one way or another! They all try to make their approach
              to be the best, fastest, highest, and the one-and-only valid
              teaching from God! They have all of the answers and all of
              the miracles while everyone else, the non-members, are lost
              and condemned to a Hell of some sort, unless, "seekers" join
              their specific group of believers. However, the mind's imagination
              will mock-up what it focuses upon and desires, sometimes/
              usually subtly, through various levels of conscious, subconscious,
              and unconsciousness workings of mental energy.

              The sad thing for ECKists is: That they can't see that Eckankar
              is similar to ALL other religions; They aren't aware of their
              roots (Radhasoami and Ruhani Satsang); ECKists aren't able to
              see that Klemp has nothing of spiritual substance to offer them!
              This H.I. LETTER is just a pep talk to inspire H.I.s to get out there
              and spend their time and money recruiting more members and
              along the way they might experience the same "miracles" that
              other people experience throughout life! Another thing is...
              It seems that the More Clueless ECKists and the Less Spiritually
              Free ECKists are the ones that are the Long-Time (30 year plus)
              "Higher" ones when others have achieved Self-Mastery and
              Spiritual Freedom in fewer years and in NO YEARS as an ECKist!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 15, 2007
                The Secret Responsibilities of H.I.s--Be a Vahana! LOL!

                Obviously, Klemp is giving tips on how H.I.s can more
                successfully achieve their vahana duties: learn how to
                communicate with those people who speak a different language;
                mingle with people of other religions and find a path to lead
                them out the backdoor into the eck; and finally, look for street
                kids as they are very vulnerable and perhaps easily manipulated.

                You know I'd be interested in knowing how many children of
                eckists actually remain eckists as adults? It doesn't seem that
                the eck youth groups are as large as the adults--it would seem
                there would be more? Of course, Harold's daughter ditched
                eckankar--that is rather amazing in itself!!

                Well, these three embellished stories do show those lower
                initiates what they can look forward to when they finally achieve
                H.I. status--it's all about recruitment! It's nothing about
                being more spiritually enlightened--it's all about H.I.s being
                elevated up to BIG recruiter status, nothing more! ! LOL!

                On another note, though, it is rather sad when one finally
                realizes how duped one has been, and then add the guilt trip of
                having duped others by dutifully trying to recruit others into
                the org! It does bother me that I handed out those little eck
                books, Ancient Wisdom for Today, to so many people. I don't
                mind that I was foolish--I'm only sorry I tried to mislead others.
                Saying that eckankar is no worse than any other religion, or
                that one can take away something of value from the teachings,
                just doesn't excuse my behavior or responsibility in fooling
                others through dumb vahana work. To me, putting value on
                the eck experience this way is just an attempt at protecting ego.
                Personally, I feel better for recognizing the guilt I have for
                participating in the vahana activities.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 15, 2007
                  HK: "Later, WHEN the SERVICE was OVER and MOST PEOPLE
                  WERE GONE from the ECK CENTER, a car pulled into a PARKING
                  SPOT right out front... He HAD ONLY STOPPED in front of the
                  ECK center because he was looking for a PARKING SPOT. The
                  only open one was right at the center's front door... 'This is a
                  miracle!' he kept saying. 'A miracle!'... That is an excellent
                  example of how the Mahanta's LONG ARM reaches out to a
                  TRUE [Parking Spot] SEEKER. But then, likely as not, he calls
                  on you to do your part [Move Your Car]. The path of ECK is
                  one of GIVING [Until It Hurts] and RECEIVING [Imagined Results
                  and Fake Initiations], for that is the way of SURE spiritual
                  unfoldment" [As Long As You're Membership Is Current $$$].

                  On another note-
                  Hi Mish, I too still have some guilt for having brought people
                  into Eckankar. I know of a few current H.I.s that I personally
                  influenced to join. This is just one of the many reasons why this
                  ESA site still exists... it's sort of an act of atonement for all of
                  those years that my focus was so narrowed and closed minded.
                  I had even become a religious fanatic as I was selling Eckankar.
                  Away from the Eckankar Center or ECK Events I was a much
                  happier person, but at Eckankar functions I changed and took
                  things much too seriously. Those Eck Guidelines and knowing
                  I was being watched and evaluated by my peers (and squealed
                  upon to the RESA) led to a lot of stress because I wanted (needed)
                  that higher position and next initiation. Also, with any religion
                  it seems that 'misery loves company' and the more people
                  [especially intelligent people] the religionists can bring into their
                  fold the more proof they have, for others, that their religion has
                  the highest "Truth." This is, also, why Eckankar will promote, (faster),
                  Eckists that are professionals (doctors, lawyers, architects) or those
                  who have a somewhat higher profile within the local community (it
                  also helps to have experience in public speeking). And, foreign
                  Eckists get promoted much faster than do U.S. Eckists! Therefore,
                  success (initiation & position) in Eckankar is definitely tied into the
                  Vahana (missionary) effort to bring in paying members. When one
                  looks at Eckankar with some scrutiny via critical thinking one can
                  see that Eckankar makes a lot of promises (like all religions do)
                  and then lets it's chelas fill-in the blanks with their imaginations,
                  except, one has to follow the rules & dogma (like with other religions)
                  and become conformists! It's amazing that Eckists think that they
                  are non-conformists when they have just become conformists of
                  a different sort. How can Eckists really claim that Eckankar is an
                  Individual "Path" to God when it is neither Individual or a path to
                  "God!" Eckankar is just more Religious Delusion and Myth like the
                  Older Religions that Eckists gave up!

                  Prometheus

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 18, 2007
                    Hi, All!

                    Just some thoughts about conformity and how it relates in
                    eckankar in particular.

                    Prometheus wrote:
                    "It's amazing that Eckists think that they are non-conformists
                    when they have just become conformists of a different sort."

                    Whenever anyone joins a religious group or other org, one is
                    agreeing to accept the group think, and in essence one is
                    surrendering one's individual critical thinking. Joining up and
                    agreeing to do spiritual exercises, Satsang classes, vahana work, etc.
                    are all conformist acts. A chela might think this leads to achieving
                    spiritual freedom and enlightenment, but it seems to me that this
                    lack of original "think" is just playing around--agreeing to be a
                    follower and allowing the "herd mentality" con game to work.

                    Of course, the initiations are the "report card" that shows how well
                    one is doing in eckankar, and from the need to achieve those initiations,
                    one feels competitive with other chelas. How many eckists are there
                    that can honestly state that it doesn't bother them when another chela
                    moves ahead of them in initiation level? Doesn't it make one question
                    one's spiritual efforts when an initiation is not forth-coming, but yet
                    one sees another possibly not so hard-working or seemingly not so
                    spiritually tuned in chela, getting ahead on that initiation ladder? It has
                    to make one wonder what the heck is going on, doesn't it???

                    Of course, there is all that hogwash about the inner vs the outer that
                    "explains" away all of these outer discrepancies! Always, the excuses,
                    cover-ups, now you see and now you don't explanations for those who
                    really want to believe in this bogus, scammy belief system called
                    eckankar! Where can the honest, whole truth be found? Well, if one
                    can believe one's imagination as being such, I guess that is what
                    eckists have to rely on in the final analysis! It's all imaginary! LOL!

                    It all falls back on the need to belong to something, or to take up
                    causes, ect. Most people want to belong and hang on to something--
                    becoming followers I guess! And that is why it is so easy to fall for
                    religious scams and other sorts of orgs and group thinking!

                    Beware of preachers (like Klemp and company) and other "experts"
                    who like to stand on soap boxes! LOL!