Re: The Narcissists of ECKANKAR [More Observations]

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7 9:05 AM
      I have been recalling the words and actions of various
      people, who with closer obversation, typify the indicators
      of narcissistic personality disorder.

      There is one person, I know, who is generally disrespectful
      to most people, (he thinks he knows more than anyone) and
      is, especially, disrespectful towards women. He'll break up with
      women he's dating by using something said by her and blowing
      it all out of portion! This way she'll feel that the conflict was of
      her making and her fault and as he portrays himself as the victim.
      It's interesting that this man, also, searches out those women
      that he can manipulate, and that these women are drawn to him.
      Of course he does hold a somewhat "prestigious" professional
      job in the community and this tends to draw women to him as
      he boasts of his accomplishments. He doesn't have many "friends"
      and the ones he does have are other men that don't challenge his
      ego. On the surface he seems like a fun person, but this is on a
      superficial level. This is why people, and women especially, at first
      glance are attracted to him. In truth he's a liar, self-involved,
      unethical, envious, fearful, and is disrespectful to even his higher
      Self. He is a lost Soul. If he wasn't so arrogant and mean spirited
      he could be pitied... except that's too good for him when viewing
      the harm that he has done others and continues to do!

      Anyway, after discovering the true nature of this individual I
      no longer have contact with him, although, I kept hoping that
      he'd change. I phoned him recently and discovered that life
      hasn't given him the lessons he needs for him to take a closer
      look at himself nor his destructive actions. Therefore, I have
      washed my hands of him... he can never be trusted to be more
      than he is. It's still a mystery to me as to when, why, and how
      he first changed and became a narrcissist. Be that as it is... a
      person can only change (for the better) when they can admit
      that they need to change. Until then... the best I can do is to
      stay away from him and warn others when possible. Perhaps,
      this too, is what Marla is doing by coming to the anti-Eckankar
      sites and sharing some details of her experience with her
      ex-boyfriend (An ECK 6th Initiate).