Fwd: Re: A Most Sincere Apology to Leaf

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2007
      For the record here on ESA, I am cross-posting Prometheus's ET
      apology post and all posts linked to Prometheus' apology from
      Eckankartruth. You will note in one of Leaf's posts, Leaf comments
      that he thought the apology from Prometheus should have been
      posted on ESA because this site is where it matters most. So, here it
      is along with the Leaf's, Sword's and Liz's replies. As always the
      reader is his own judge, as should be the case, regarding these
      ridiculous discussions taking place over the last several days, both
      on ET and ESA. I for one have become more enlightened. Here's the
      series of posts thus far that are posted on ET:

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
      <tianyue@...> wrote:

      Okay, enough. I had some time to think about what has occured.
      I apologize for the error in making my private, personal remarks
      to a friend I've known for 35+ years public. This was an accident
      that I truly regret.

      I don't mind that people know my real thoughts, and I don't at all
      apologize for having the opinons I have expressed. I stand by
      them 100%. But I am usually a little more careful with how I
      choose my words that are intended to be public, and these were
      clearly not meant to be posted to the group. I apologize for that.
      This was all about to go away, and then I go and make a stupid
      mistake.

      At least Prometheus did apologize. That can take courage. I do
      realize that. I'd like to have seen him post a more visible apology
      to Marla and I on his site, but maybe I missed it. Whatever.
      Water under the bridge.

      And furthermore, it is very big of him to apologize on behalf of the
      ESA group, considering he wasn't entirely to blame for all that
      occured.

      Liz, you were the catalyst for this entire crazy situation.
      Prometheus has apologized, despite the fact that it was you who
      lit the fuse that blew this whole thing wide open. And you're
      telling me to grow up? Well, considering the source....

      I'm going to stop posting about this now. Let's put this behind
      us.

      Leaf

      --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth"
      <ewickings@> wrote:

      > Hey Kent you are the one that brought this over here to ET!
      >
      > You need to get a life and grow up man!
      >
      > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
      <tianyue@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Paul,
      > >
      > > This whole thing was about a few shockingly callous posts to
      > someone
      > > who posted over at ESA. Did you read those posts?
      > >
      > > They were mind-blowingly stupid and insensitive. I've
      decided these
      > > folks aren't sharp enough to put up with.
      > >
      > > It isn't about just different forms of expression. And it isn't
      > about
      > > me.
      > >
      > > When they've decided to quite posting on ESA the
      slanderous
      > comments
      > > and other little slurs, I'll let this go.
      > >
      > > But one question: Where is the apology to me posted where
      it would
      > > really matter, which is on the ESA site? It simply isn't there.
      > >
      > > How classy of the dude.
      > >
      > > Kent
      > >

      > > --- In eckankartruth@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Olson"
      <Paul@> wrote:

      > > > I've kinda been wondering when the group of you guys,
      Leaf
      > > included, would
      > > > let the proverbial water roll of that old ducks back (Shit,
      > another
      > > > DarwinismÂ…even after all this time)Â….But the saying fits.
      > > >

      > > > You're all on the same side. You just express yourselves
      > > differently and
      > > > that is one of the beauties of humanity!
      > > >

      > > > Let Diversity rule!
      > > >

      > > > Happy 4th everyone!
      > > >

      > > > Sword
      > > >

      > > > _____

      Bygones be
      > > Bygones
      > > > and Let Go of Any Hurt or Disharmony that was inflicted
      during
      > this
      > > conflict
      > > > on both sides. Sometimes words can hurt as much as
      sticks or
      > stones
      > > and
      > > > this should end now on a note of Peace and Harmony and
      with our
      > > Most
      > > > Sincere Apologies for Everything that was said to upset
      you.
      > Marla
      > > has
      > > > already received our apologies on ESA.