Re: Group FYI

  • Non ekster
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2 12:50 AM
      Well this is all seeming very weird to me. If there is anyone I
      greatly respect as a poster on many of these ex eckankar sites, it is
      Leaf or Kent. Anonymous is in the main title of this group, so I could
      see that there would be an opportunity for anyone to post here either
      sincerely or not. But I have never come across a post by Kent that I
      recall ever needing to be deleted or edited. He is definitely a non
      eckist and I actually agree with much of what he has to say. I also
      find it odd that with all of the intelligent posts I've read here that
      Kent would be slandered several times for appearing to be too
      intelligent. lol Some people are more dramatic than others. If someone
      wants to vent about an eck relationship gone bad, so what. There may
      be something worth learning and discussing. I usually save my attacks
      for those who are obviously attempting to do eck vahana work or are
      trying to make out that eckankar and it's beliefs are real, rather
      than plagiarized authoritarian destructive CULT Crap. I understand
      having to delete certain posts so as to not turn the group into an
      eckist forum in disguise.

      As far as the "victim consciousness", I see it as a term that is used
      too often as a put down and it's a little New Age for me. It implies
      that all are Cause 100% of the time and this imo is very ECKANKARish
      to me. I am reminded of how people make fun the add where the old
      woman is laying on the floor crying out, "Help, I've fallen and can't
      get up." While there is some humor in it at times for younger people
      (like myself : )) I have had the experience several times where I
      actually had to help people get up off the ground, and it was a very
      terrifying experience for them. One man even had a dislocated hip, in
      his own apartment. He was very emabarrassed. Should I have lectured
      him on his "victim consciousness". NO! The odd thing is that at the
      time I was an Eckist and fortunately common sense took over in an
      emergency.

      By the way I'm all for birth control and also a sense of humor, and
      constructive critisism.

      > Hi All,
      > Isn't it nice to be free from Eckankar and all of those lies
      > that leave Eckists hanging onto hope while they putter
      > away their lives in their own private little worlds of delusion.
      > Happy Independence!
      >
      > On another note: It is interesting that a person came here
      > (Marla) to share their opinion of the negative "romantic"
      > relationship with one of Klemp's H.I.s. And, this one-sided
      > view did seem to put the H.I. Eckankar Cleric in a bad
      > light according to his jilted ex-girlfriend. Apparently, Marla
      > thinks the anti-Eckankar sites are a good place to air the
      > dirty laundry, to get even, to inform others of this bad behaviour,
      > or just vent her anger. Afterall, these H.I.s are supposed to be
      > more "spiritual" than mere mortals, as well as, other Souls.
      > Marla did take a positive suggestion and changed her pseudonym
      > from marlasobbing to marlapretendgasp, although, I'm puzzled
      > at the second choice. Anyway, there were some things said to
      > Marla that could have been said in a more diplomatic or
      > politically correct way and was not... for that I apologize.
      >
      > in another case we had a former h.i. ride in on his white horse
      > to rescue the damsel in distress. it seemed like he thought he
      > was still a swordsman for the sugmad. lol! There will be no further
      > explanations or discussions on this matter or subjects related to
      > this.
      >
      > In two other cases a Zoey True, and a Rowan Oak came in
      > to further undermine the site with negative posts that were
      > deleted. Zoey, also, sent nasty, rude, crude, and even lewd
      > private e-mails to some site members. This is one reason why
      > Liz posted what she did on the public forum (ESA) rather than
      > to Zoey privately. Zoey's private e-mails were insightful ONLY
      > in that they showed his/her true character, as well as, a below
      > average intelligence and spiritual growth. However, it does seem
      > that Zoey True and Rowan Oak are the same person due to the
      > similar e-mails being sent (and deleted) with their intentional
      > attempt to shut this site down.
      >

      > BTW-Leaf: The reason your post did not go up is because I requested
      > that they be reviewed first by me. Liz seemed to want to reply to you,
      > in part, on this site. However, if you want to discuss your deleted post
      > further with her then you should e-mail her privately.
      >
      > Prometheus

    • marlaprendergast
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2 8:17 AM
        Again, I feel I must correct the record regarding my presence on
        this site, which apparently is considered controversial and annoying:

        > Apparently, Marla
        > thinks the anti-Eckankar sites are a good place to air the
        > dirty laundry, to get even, to inform others of this bad
        behaviour,
        > or just vent her anger.

        No, that is false. I have stated repeatedly the reason I came on
        this site was to discern whether the less than stellar integrity of
        my ex-BF was common to those who claim to reach a high level of
        spirituality in Eckankar. I'm not going to rehash my reasoning
        again. I'm rather tired of it. Go back and look if you are curious.

        > Marla did take a positive suggestion and changed her pseudonym
        > from marlasobbing to marlapretendgasp, although, I'm puzzled
        > at the second choice.

        Again, this is false. This really amazes me. Can you not see that my
        name is "Marla Prendergast"? The phrase "Marla Pretendgasp" is Liz's
        attempt to mock my name, and now you are claiming that I chose it? I
        must add that I just found out that Liz is actually a moderator of
        this group. That just blows my mind. I expect random attacks such as
        hers from wayward members on forums who come in to rile people up
        and spew nonsense. I had no idea she actually held a position of
        responsibility on this site. Wow.

        Lastly, in the last few days there have been accusations of abusive
        private emails going back and forth between members. Both prometheus
        and liz have somewhat justified their critical posts by saying they
        are the victims of such emails. I don't know if they were referring
        to me as a sender of one of these emails, but I want to make it
        perfectly clear that I have never sent a private email attacking
        anyone here or on any site. I challenge anyone who claims I did to
        present it here.

        I would also again like to thank leafeater for his sage posts. He
        has hit the nail right on the head.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2 9:37 AM
          Hi Non ekster,
          It seems weird to me as well! It started with Marlasobbing
          coming over here from ET. She, apparently, wanted to share
          (with more people) her frustrations, anger, and some negative
          information about her ex-6th Initiate boyfriend and that he
          wasn't very "spiritual" since he carried a condom next to his
          Eck I.D. card, and that he cheated on her with hookers! Of
          course, I don't know how she really knew about the condom,
          the cheating, or the hookers, but it was a juicy story about a
          male H.I. misbehaving (which is really nothing new for either
          gender for Eckists in general). She, also, mentioned how he
          had taken her for an E.S.A. session and that she liked this
          female H.I. and, basically, said that the E.S.A. was very
          convincing with her silver tongue and friendly demeanor.

          I don't see that the term Victim Consciousness is always a
          New Age term, especially, when it's applied to the wrong
          "relationship" choices that we make. Sometimes the rejected
          person will place all blame on the other person while not taking
          responsibility for making a bad choice, seeing the signs, and
          admitting they screwed up. Closing one's eyes to the truth and
          then blaming the other person or someone else, to me, is a form
          of Victim Consciousness. It's kind of like how some women will
          choose "bad boys" and then not take responsibility for it or fail
          to (and refuse to) look into the "why" and then taking the steps
          to correct their destructive decision making processes. Life becomes
          one long drama or soap opera for some people. Maybe they enjoy
          the attention too! I'm not saying this was what Marla was doing,
          but it seemed like it was possible and after awhile. It wasn't like
          it was a super long relationship (one year) IMO. Plus, she still saw
          it in a "romantic" way! That's why I agreed with Liz and said that
          it was seeming like this was a one-sided version (of the truth)
          from a woman scorned. I know that I should not have "talked about"
          Marla nor made this observation or assumption, but then again it
          reminded me of situations in the past where I saw others caught in
          similar circumstances and one heard only one side of the relationship
          story.

          Leaf then came to Marla's defense while being unaware of Zoey's
          neg. involvment. Zoey (he/she) got very nasty on the site and privately.
          There was also confusion with what was said to whom. I was unable
          to discuss this with Leaf privately because he had already formed an
          opinion. I put Leaf on temporary moderated status because I didn't
          want to keep the discussion escalating. Unfortunately Liz (Co-moderator)
          read a pending message and replied to it in part. This created even
          more disharmony which became impossible to resolve.

          Anyway, it was an interesting learning experience. I admit that
          there were mistakes made (people aren't perfect) and that it could
          have been done better and kinder and there could have been more
          tolerance and consideration given to one another. So for that, on my
          part, I apologize to Marla and to everyone.

          Prometheus
          p.s. I do appreciate Liz being a Co-moderator and taking care of
          the sites while I am away. Thanks Liz!

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2 10:44 AM
            Hi Marla,
            Thanks for posting your comments to help clear the air.
            It was actually Zoey that was sending the nasty private
            e-mails. I, also, didn't appove a nasty post by Rowan (Zoey).
            See, how there was confusion as to who said what and to
            whom! I'm sorry about the confusion and anything else
            that was misconstrued.

            It is true that Eckists do view H.I.s as being Godlike, or
            even higher/greater than the 4th Plane "GOD" of all the
            other religions (excluding Eckankar's of course). And, this
            is why such conduct of cheating with a hooker and having
            a condom next to his Eck I.D. is shocking... I guess. Except,
            most Eckists know that this behaviour Does exist because
            they see it! The Eck "sisterhood" shares all of this information
            amongst themselves. However, this behaviour is rationalized
            like all other ones from a Religious/Dogmatic point of view.
            H.I.s are exempt from responsibility... they not only go with
            God... they are greater than God! But, just look around at the
            religious fundamentalists of other religions... they all see
            themselves as right and above others. Therefore, this arrogance
            and delusion of spiritual piety is growing in the world amongst
            its closed-mined holier-than-thou religious followers (It seems
            that there are more narcissists in the world too). At least Eck
            vahanas aren't murdering people that won't convert... now! LOL!
            However, what would happen if they had the power and numbers
            on their side?

            You see, it's all about conforming! This is what the religious
            fundamentalists want... (and the narcissists) they want to control
            people by having them believe in their way of thinking. I really
            don't see why Eckists aren't realizing this either! Look at those
            spoken and unspoken "rules" and all of those Guidelines. These
            are meant to keep Eckists under control and to have them all think
            alike by conforming to the religious dogma. The Irony is that most
            Eckists see themselves as Non-Comformists and free thinkers!

            Anyway, as far as why Liz responded to you as she did... I'll let her
            explain that because I'm not sure what she thinks she saw or read
            that raised some doubt about the intent or value behind your post.
            Once again, Sorry, on my part!

            Prometheus

            "marlaprendergast" wrote:

            > Again, I feel I must correct the record regarding my presence on
            > this site, which apparently is considered controversial and annoying:
            >
            > > Apparently, Marla
            > > thinks the anti-Eckankar sites are a good place to air the
            > > dirty laundry, to get even, to inform others of this bad
            > behaviour,
            > > or just vent her anger.
            >
            > No, that is false. I have stated repeatedly the reason I came on
            > this site was to discern whether the less than stellar integrity of
            > my ex-BF was common to those who claim to reach a high level of
            > spirituality in Eckankar. I'm not going to rehash my reasoning
            > again. I'm rather tired of it. Go back and look if you are curious.
            >
            > > Marla did take a positive suggestion and changed her pseudonym
            > > from marlasobbing to marlapretendgasp, although, I'm puzzled
            > > at the second choice.
            >
            > Again, this is false. This really amazes me. Can you not see that my
            > name is "Marla Prendergast"? The phrase "Marla Pretendgasp" is Liz's
            > attempt to mock my name, and now you are claiming that I chose it? I
            > must add that I just found out that Liz is actually a moderator of
            > this group. That just blows my mind. I expect random attacks such as
            > hers from wayward members on forums who come in to rile people up
            > and spew nonsense. I had no idea she actually held a position of
            > responsibility on this site. Wow.
            >
            > Lastly, in the last few days there have been accusations of abusive
            > private emails going back and forth between members. Both prometheus
            > and liz have somewhat justified their critical posts by saying they
            > are the victims of such emails. I don't know if they were referring
            > to me as a sender of one of these emails, but I want to make it
            > perfectly clear that I have never sent a private email attacking
            > anyone here or on any site. I challenge anyone who claims I did to
            > present it here.
            >
            > I would also again like to thank leafeater for his sage posts. He
            > has hit the nail right on the head.

          • Elizabeth
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 2 12:21 PM
              Hi Marla,

              Please read message #2687 which I posted below, It was a reply to
              you, along with questions I had for you. Maybe you missed this
              particular message? At any rate, the questions were posted to get an
              idea of your history from this ex HI bf.

              One thing I would really like to know is how the Eck members would
              react if you had gone to an eckankar yahoo group such as Hu-Chat and
              asked them the same questions? And if you do ask them (current
              eckists) please share your experience. Anyway, it was my attempt at
              having a conversation to clear the air, give you the chance to share
              your story in more depth. My chance to ask questions that might allow
              you the chance again to share your experience, and for me to listen.

              You will see I also responded to Zoey in this same post. As
              Prometheus shared, he/she was sending private nasty messages to the
              group, and privately. Neither Prometheus, nor I initiated any of
              these private conversations with him/her, nor did we actually provoke
              some of the posts that was sent to ESA and moderated, at least to my
              knowlege. I went back and looked over my initial comments to his/her
              9Zoey's) questions, and apparently they were not read by him/her?
              This individual got nasty first, on the skirts of posts made by you.

              Doing further research and comparing posts, IDs, and when an
              individual signed up and joined / left the group, what type of
              program was being used to mask the origination of posts privately and
              to the group, (which were moderated) yes three differing IDs and
              posters (which two of them being one person) did get addressed in one
              post.

              I do appologise for including my comments to Zoey, or even Leaf in
              the same post as the one to you. Not a good excuse I guess, but I am
              rather busy and was attempting to make my life easier by only
              presenting one message. I won't do that again.

              I do not feel the need to explain myself to Leaf, which is exactly
              what I intended for him to understand. It was suggested to him by
              Prometheus to contact us (me) privately, yet Leaf did not, and it
              appears he also did not take what Prometheus shared with him
              (privately) as enough proof to warrent how Zoey was handled.

              I also was an admirer of Leaf's excellent sage posts, but when an
              individual DEMANDS anything of me, when it does not concern them,
              they will come up against a brick wall.

              And for the record, I didn't edit a post or the wording which was
              sent (but not approved) though I did use portions to answer Leaf's
              questions. The rest was left out due to the nature of the nasty ness
              He can claim what ever he wishes, here or on ET. I have nothing
              further to debate with him. BTW, I haven't posted on ET in a very
              long time!

              Anyway, below is a copy of the questions I had concerning your post
              about integrity. A portion of the post was directed to others
              besides yourself, of which I explained the reasoning in this post, as
              well in posts in answer to Leaf, Zoey and Rowan_Oak22. If Leaf
              wishes to continue dialog with any of these individuals privately,
              that is his business. But I do not feel the need to prove, provide or
              justify myself to him!

              Again, please understand I am curious and the questions were with
              good intent.

              Liz

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Message #2687

              Sharon ;-) Re: integrity

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "marlaprendergast"
              <kws11@...> wrote:

              > You are completely missing my point. I came on this forum to find
              > out if there was a pervasive pattern in Eckankar of people
              > justifying dishonest sleazy behavior by claiming that it led to
              > their "spiritual unfoldment."

              *** I'll give you that much Marla... and then I would also ask you
              this; Did you go to any of the Eckankar sites and ask this of their
              members? There are several HIs that frequent Hu-chat, I bet you
              could ask them that same question you came to the ex eck sites and
              asked. :-) Let us know how that goes....

              > I was in an allegedly committed
              > relationship with this person who claimed to be a spiritually
              > advanced HI Cleric and he was cheating on me with paid hookers. I
              > was curious as to whether he just a fake Eckist, or whether
              Eckankar
              > is fake.

              *** It wasn't all that long ago when a well known TV evangelical
              christian was exposed for hiring gay hooker / hookers, and had
              previously claimed it was an immoral type of behavior and sinfull.
              Now I ask you, what makes that guy, and your ex any different? It
              happens all the time!

              > Please don't comment on my integrity. You don't even know me.

              *** I was commenting on my integrity.

              And by the way, "Zoey" doesn't know me or any of my ex eck husbands!
              (All 2 of them) That is because they were nobodies in the eck
              community! Most all of the eckists in the community didn't know
              them, since they (the ex husbands) very rarely (if at all)
              participated in ANY functions! Dropping a name or a comment/s that
              they think will give the impression they KNOW something about me or
              my life, doesn't effect me in the slightest!

              How hard is it to create a fake ID, go to the ex eck chat groups, or
              a.r.e., read other peoples comments concerning eckankrap, then call
              it their own! Here is an example; Sharon from ET has shared how
              Cheryl Grundy doesn't know an SK quote, from a made up one. My
              point; Zoey came here to ESA not too many months ago claiming the
              very same thing, same story nearly word for word, or was that fishnik
              (?) however s/he spelled their fake ID? Or hey here is a scenerio,
              maybe Zoey is Sharon? ;-)))) Sharon I hope you are reading this!?
              LOL

              So how is that workin for you Zoey_true? OR shall we call you
              Cheryl, or maybe it's Rich?

              > I'm not sure what you are saying there. I don't believe in the
              > mahanta, so I obviously wouldn't think that way, even as a joke.

              *** I wasn't joking, I was pointing out how the HIs and eckies excuse
              away their own behavior! I have even heard other eckies question how
              on earth Harold could appoint so and so as an ESA, when all she was
              was a slut, stealing other eck women's husbands. LOL The comment by
              the RESA was, "well, maybe the LEM feels this position will teach her
              an important lesson concerning her own behavior, or maybe she still
              has some karma to work off in that area"! (I kid you not!)

              > > "Marla PreTenderGasp"
              >
              > Please explain why you are mocking my name. Do you doubt my motives
              > here?

              *** Honestly? Yes. Especially the fact that you comment about your
              ex keeping his membership card right next to the condom.... was that
              important to you? The fact that the membership card is slipped in
              with the condom? And if so, why does that particular point bother
              you? How about sharing your history with this individual prior to
              the break up.... how were you impacted by his being an eck member,
              and why did you buy into thinking he was somebody special just
              because he was an HI, and his membership card said so. Did your ex
              boyfriend lead you to believe he was some super special person within
              the organization? How did you come to understand what an HI even
              represents, and did you look up to your boyfriend? Had you ever heard
              of Eckankar prior to meeting your HI boyfriend?

              You wrote: I was in an allegedly committed relationship with this
              person who claimed to be a spiritually advanced HI Cleric and he was
              cheating on me with paid hookers. I was curious as to whether he was
              just a fake Eckist, or whether Eckankar is fake.

              *** Now why would you question whether Eckankar was fake? Did you
              begin to buy into the BS? Did you do any investigating of the
              teachings before breaking it off with your ex boyfriend? Or did you
              break it off because of the comment he made about paying hookers.....

              I wrote:
              > If you felt so upset about this ex HI boyfriend,
              > > and had information that he is / was frequenting hookers, don't
              > you feel
              > > some sort of obligation to the community of eckies, to at least
              > report him
              > > to the RESA of the State?

              [Note] this should have said in my original post,
              You wrote:

              > Again, I don't believe in Eckankar and have no reason to go to the
              > RESA, whoever that is.

              *** A question; If you were with this guy for a year, I assume you
              attended eck functions? Got to know some of the members... did you
              believe in eckankrap then, or just going along with it because you
              cared about this guy?

              You wrote:
              > I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

              *** It is very self explanitory what I was getting at. The guy was
              breaking a law! If you were that concerned about him having done this
              to you, (and trying to find out if he is for real or if eck is fake),
              report his actions to Law Enforcement and get these people off
              the street! And in the process, they might catch him with his pants
              down... in other words, in a compromising possition!

              > What I was sharing, which you apparently missed, is an experience
              > with a person who buys into the bullshit Eckankar spiritual
              > arrogance. And frankly I think that my story actually contributes
              > the dialogue about "the truth behind the lies", because it
              > exemplifies the disingenuous nature of a "religion" that justifies
              > bad behavior under the rubric of spiritual growth.

              *** So did you come to this conclussion before or after the ex bf? I
              didn't miss your point, just wondering how you came to it? How would
              you know how an HI is suppose to behave? I'm wondering what the wife
              of that famous christian that got ratted out by his ex gay lover,
              feels? Does she think he is still spiritual or higher than anyone
              else? Did this guy have the same arrogance as your ex bf? It will
              be interesting to hear her side of the story! Wonder if she will
              attempt to fix her marriage, or research and bash him? "No disrespect"
              here intended really, though I am sure Leaf can't wait to get ahold
              of me! ;-) All these questions are intended to allow you the chance
              to enlighten others of your experience.

              You wrote:
              > I don't need a counselor, thanks. But you might want to
              > consult one to figure out why you felt the need to launch into a
              > personal attack on an individual who was merely trying to
              > understand her experience with an amoral Eckist.

              *** Did you ask him to clarify his amoral eckist behavior? Did you
              point out you didn't feel solisiting hookers was very spiritual?
              Really, I would like to know what he may or may not have said to
              these questions!?

              You originally wrote:
> [...]

              *** To be honest I am surprised he didn't claim he was paying these
              hookers, so he could get them in a room and give them an introductory
              talk on eckankrap! ;-)

              By The Way Zoey, for your info I am one of the moderators of this
              group! So don't blame Prometheus for everything that goes on here!
              How's that workin for you Zoey?

              Oh, and before I forget; Welcome to the group Rowan_oak22...
              interesting that you just created your account the very day Zoey left
              us! See how spirit works? One leaves and we are replaced with
              another member. :-) Wonder if this is a waking dream?

              Liz,

              Who was a 6th, Initiator and ESA, and a member for over 30 years,
              both parents work/ed at ESC and know Joan and Harold personally. BTW,
              I was actually invited back to the teaching! ;-) So much for your
              threats Zoey!

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 2 1:02 PM
                Sorry, I thought your questions were rhetorical so I didn't answer
                them but I will do so now if you wish.

                1) No, I have never gone to an eckankar yahoo group such as Hu-chat
                to ask these questions. I suppose I could, but its really not that
                important to me at this time. Maybe I will at some point.

                2) I know about the TV evangelical Christian who was exposed for
                hiring gay hookers and had previously claimed it was immoral and
                sinful. You asked if that that guy and my ex are the same. Yes and
                no. My ex has never claimed his errant behaviors were sinful.
                Rather, he feels they enhance his spirituality because he is not
                bogged down in conventional notions of morality. However, the two
                men are similar because they both claim to be highly spiritual yet
                they engage in morally questionable behavior. To me, paying for
                anonymous sex, or having anonymous sex with strangers for free is
                morally questionable. I suppose some people disagree with that, but
                that's just my belief.

                3) I won't comment about fake ids, changing personas, etc. because
                it doesn't apply to me and I've never done it. I guess you weren't
                directing that at me anyway.

                4) I never bought into Eckankar. I had never heard of it til I met
                my ex. I did not do any investigation really. I went to some eck
                events basically to accompany him. I thought it was interesting but
                I never really got it. I didn't break up with him because of
                Eckankar. I broke up with him because he was not the person he
                claimed to be.

                5) Again, I did go to Eck functions. I thought the people were a
                little weird but basically harmless. I really liked the ESA I went
                to. I never believed in Eckankar, I just learned about it through
                him and reading occasionally some stuff at his house. I've dabbled
                in several ideologies and this was just one I looked into but not
                very seriously.

                6) You asked how would I know how an HI is supposed to behave? I
                guess I just assumed that a person who claimed to be highly
                spiritual would show some semblance of spirituality.

                7) I did ask him to clarify his amoral eckist bahaviors. He doesn't
                consider his behaviors to be amoral. That was the problem. His view
                is, its just sex, it doesn't mean I love you any less, etc. etc.
                That was enough for me to get out.

                Hope I've answered all your questions.

                Marla Prendergast

                EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "prometheus_973"
> [...]
                of
                > > > responsibility on this site. Wow.
                > > >
                > > > Lastly, in the last few days there have been accusations of
                > abusive
                > > > private emails going back and forth between members. Both
                > prometheus
                > > > and liz have somewhat justified their critical posts by saying
                > they
                > > > are the victims of such emails. I don't know if they were
                > referring
                > > > to me as a sender of one of these emails, but I want to make
                it
                > > > perfectly clear that I have never sent a private email
                attacking
                > > > anyone here or on any site. I challenge anyone who claims I
                did
                > > > present it here.
                > > >
                > > > I would also again like to thank leafeater for his sage posts.

              • tomleafeater
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2 4:14 PM
                  I will try once more to reply on this forum, and I post here with the
                  understanding and expectation that my post will not be edited,
                  abbreviated, taken out of context, or changed in any way. If this
                  can't be honored, then please do not reply to me on this forum. Don't
                  write about my posts with your own comments unless you allow readers
                  to see the post entirely verbatim.

                  Readers here are directed to read my posts/replies at
                  either "EckankarTruth" or "X-Eckankar, The Chains of Eck" forums to
                  get an accurate read of my posts. I feel the cross-posting is
                  necessary to insure integrity.

                  Also, I privately told Prometheus in response to his private emails
                  to me that all promises of confidentiality I made regarding his
                  private emails would be rescinded if there were ANY further
                  distortions or misrepresentations of ANYthing I have written.

                  His and Liz's reference to those private emails and their
                  characterization of them does, once again, come close to breaching
                  confidences. If this continues, I will post the private emails
                  verbatim, in order to let readers judge for themselves the content of
                  those emails.

                  Also, I am unlikely to respond to any future private emails from Liz
                  or Prometheus, since there is a distinct possibility that my emails
                  will be further characterized in a bad light.

                  First, I'd like to respond to this statement by Liz:

                  Liz wrote (see her complete post below for context):

                  > And for the record, I didn't edit a post or the wording which was
                  > sent (but not approved) though I did use portions to answer Leaf's
                  > questions. The rest was left out due to the nature of the nasty
                  ness
                  > He can claim what ever he wishes, here or on ET. I have nothing
                  > further to debate with him. BTW, I haven't posted on ET in a very
                  > long time!

                  Leaf Replies:

                  A post of mine, which was not allowed on the ESA forum, was responded
                  to in a post by Liz, who has private access to pending posts by
                  persons who have been placed on "moderated" status. The post was
                  chopped up into fragments, sometimes without complete sentences, and
                  replied to in her own post. The context of my post was changed, and
                  thus what I communicated was distorted in the process. I can't make
                  heads or tails out of some of my own words in her reply. I find this
                  treatment to be highly unethical.

                  In my view, there was nothing in the post that I wrote that was NOT
                  entirely warranted. It was not "nasty."

                  It is a violation of trust for Liz to make ongoing comments about the
                  post, such as claim there was "nastiness" in the post, without
                  posting it exactly as I'd written it, whole and unedited. As I see
                  it, the "nastiness" assertion is being used to justify unnecessary
                  censureship of comments not to their liking.

                  It is also very disturbing to me that both Liz and Prometheus have
                  the practice of continually alleging "lewd" or "nasty posts," while
                  leaving no manner for the readers to see those posts and determine
                  for themselves whether they deserve such epithets. The samples
                  revealed to me by Prometheus in private emails do not warrant the
                  hyperbole and exagerations made by Prometheus and Liz.

                  Thus, as to Prometheus' and Liz's allegations about Zoey using
                  pseudonyms and sending in "nasty" private emails, I can only wonder
                  if there is any substance behind these allegations, since now even my
                  own censured post is being described in exactly such a manner, and
                  there have been hints that even I am using other pseudonyms
                  besides "leafeater," which is absolutely not true.

                  Another comment I'd like to address is this remark by Prometheus:

                  Prometheus wrote (see below for complete context):

                  "Leaf then came to Marla's defense while being unaware of Zoey's
                  neg. involvement. Zoey (he/she) got very nasty on the site and
                  privately. There was also confusion with what was said to whom. I was
                  unable to discuss this with Leaf privately because he had already
                  formed an opinion. I put Leaf on temporary moderated status because I
                  didn't want to keep the discussion escalating. Unfortunately Liz (Co-
                  moderator)read a pending message and replied to it in part. This
                  created even more disharmony which became impossible to resolve."

                  Leaf replies:

                  My posts to Marla, as well as other related posts I've made
                  concerning Marla, were not in any way prompted by anything concerning
                  Zoey. Liz and Prometheus are conflating the issues they have with
                  Marla on one hand, and Zoey on the other, which are two separate
                  issues. My comments regarding Marla are regarding only Marla, and
                  don't relate to Zoey. So the implication that I lacked information
                  concerning Zoey which somehow led me to make incorrect statements
                  concerning Marla makes no sense and defies rational thinking.

                  Leafeater

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 3 8:55 AM
                    FYI- Leaf's/Kent's real name is shown because that's
                    how he posted it! Kent was banned under his other
                    screen name and, therefore, he either knowingly
                    or unknowingly posted under his own address, OR the Yahoo
                    server used his default settings (address) in order to be able
                    to send the message to this site.

                    BTW- There was a threat, by Kent, to expose some private
                    e-mails sent to him. My purpose was to try and resolve our
                    differences and to respond to his questions without an audience.
                    Obviously this attempt to defend myself, answer questions, and
                    to end the dispute via these private e-mails was unsuccessful.
                    And, let me say, there is nothing in these private e-mails that
                    would prove harmful to me. One's imagination can run wild with
                    speculation, but there is nothing contained in them that I or
                    any objective person would view as a problem. Therefore, the
                    threat that the exposure of these private e-mails would prove
                    harmful to me or my reputation is baseless.

                    FYI To All Members/Posters: Private e-mails will not be shared
                    or posted at any time... to do so would be unethical and show a
                    lack of character.

                    Prometheus

                    --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "tomleafeater"
                    <kentaddleman@...> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > to discuss this with Leaf privately because he had already formed
                    > an
                    > > opinion. I put Leaf on temporary moderated status because I didn't
                    > > want to keep the discussion escalating. Unfortunately Liz (Co-
                    > moderator)
                    > > read a pending message and replied to it in part. This created even
                    > > more disharmony which became impossible to resolve.
                    > >
                    > > Anyway, it was an interesting learning experience. I admit that
                    > > there were mistakes made (people aren't perfect) and that it could
                    > > have been done better and kinder and there could have been more
                    > > tolerance and consideration given to one another. So for that, on
                    > my
                    > > part, I apologize to Marla and to everyone.
                    > >
                    > > Prometheus
                    > > p.s. I do appreciate Liz being a Co-moderator and taking care of

                  • ewickings
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 3 9:26 AM
                      Prometheus and all members,

                      This is a very good point to make concerning private emails!    FYI, if a person is really all that concerned about whether a moderator edited or switched a poster's email or address once it gets approved, all one has to do is look at the post in question, to the right and below the date it will say:  "Show message option".  If you click the tiny arrow it will expand the area to show: "View Source", "Use Fixed Width Font", or "Unwrap Lines".    Click the one that says "Show message".  It will then open up the post at the left of the page, and before the actual message it will show who it is from, return path, Received.... Etc which for most people is hard to read let alone understand if you have no clue what you are looking for.  Down toward the bottom of all that strange stuff you will see From, Subject,  X-Yahoo-Group-Post: public or it might say member, if it says public, it means the person sending a post is not a member of the group.  The last line will show:  X-eGroups-Approved-By: either Prometheus or myself.  It will also show if anything was edited, and by which moderator.  This pertains to the message posted on ESA Re: Group FYI

                      If this explaination is too difficult for anyone to understand, then I guess the point is not worth explaining further... This is not too difficult to prove to yourselves.  It is impossible to remove or change a person's message without it showing this within the "Show Message Option" as I referrenced.  Of course one way to accomplish doing any editing and posting, would be to forward one of these moderated posts from the original message, and post it yourself as a moderator.  Which in this case in question, was not how it happened!

                      Hope everyone has an enjoyable July 4th Holiday week/end.   Liz

                      Freedom is an empowering and sobering concept. It gives us the opportunity to succeed, and also to fail. Freedom allows us to make our own way in life. And it requires that we accept the responsibility for that.

                      Freedom and responsibility simply cannot exist apart from each other. You can be truly free only by being totally responsible for your life and your actions.

                      Though millions have died for it, and most would choose freedom over any alternative, freedom can at times be very frightening. It often imposes difficult decisions, and requires valiant effort to maintain. Though freedom is indisputably the best course, it is seldom the easiest. Yet freedom is worth the effort, for it is a human catalyst that has no equal.

                      To be free means being your own person, with your own purpose, and passion, and integrity. And just as it has to thousands of communities and millions of people, true freedom can bring you greatness.

                      Ralph Marston