Re: Fwd: Arahata Training

  • ctecvie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 19 7:38 AM
      Hello everybody,

      > Well, I read this and was amazed to hear two things. One is that
      > this RESA is kind of behind the times. There are new up-dated
      > leadership trainings and materials for Eck leaders (both High and
      > Low Initiates). Usually, Arahata Training does not have to be re-
      > taken for those who have been actively involved (within a one or
      two
      > year period) as a satsang Arahata, doing intros, or book
      > discussions, etc.

      I had started the eck leadership training when an unforeseeable
      event occurred: I had finished Ford Johnson's book and left
      Eckankar! :-) I just gave away the leadership book to a new eckist
      who has not yet the 2nd initiation. Before I sent it away, I read it
      till the end. All I can say is that this is a recruitment book.
      Fortunately I left Eckankar before the real tough part began - to
      actually recruit members! :-)

      > The second amazing thing is that this Eckist doing the complaining
      > doesn't seem to get it. Yes, everyone has to be on the same page
      > when dealing with the public as a representative of their
      religion.

      I think that is a very simple thing called "corporate identity".
      Every company requires this ... and Eckankar is a company, too, even
      if it claims to be the highest spiritual path. :-)Very mundane ...

      > Yes, this usually means that you have to play the game and be a
      good
      > trooper and march in step and sometimes keep your opinions to
      > yourself. But, this lack of freedom is the price an Eckist pays
      for
      > those initiations. If you don't play the game and play it well you
      > won't advance. One has to take all the trainings, be in or teach a
      > Satsang, attend the EWS monthly, and volunteer to fill a position
      > within the local area or the statewide level. It also helps to
      > volunteer at major Eck seminars and be seen doing so by your
      state's
      > H.I.s and attend the leadership workshops (some that they will
      > attend) as well. One more thing though... try to find, read,
      > remember, and follow all of the guidelines. Oh, always act happy
      > (even when you aren't) put on a happy face and always talk about
      the
      > Mahanta's love whether you believe it or not. Never say anything
      > negative! It's good PR for you. One more thing... talk less and
      > listen more. Oh, even if you aren't an H.I.... follow the four
      Zoas.

      Well now I know why I never could have made it to the 4th! I drank
      wine during an arahata training! I wouldn't have would I have known
      how things are in Eckankar, of course ... because I liked getting
      those initiations. :-) I never served officially or unofficially in
      Eckankar - well, another negative point. I just didn't get it it
      seems. :-)) I did bite back too negative remarks, though. So this
      was already something!

      > This is pretty much what an Eckist has to do in order to climb the
      > ladder for those higher initiations and positions of power within
      > the RESA structure. Eventually, one will receive the higher
      > initiations. Currently: 15-18 plus years for the fifth; 18-25 plus
      > years for the sixth; 25-35 plus years for the seventh; and forget
      > the eighth!

      Well as far as I know the "mahanta" said that it has been
      established that the normal intervals between initiations were 7
      years now. So, you might become a 5th after 23 years, provided that
      you behave yourself ... Cool, isn't it? :-)

      > This especially isn't worth it when one finds out that the
      > initiations are a scam. Just look around at the screwed-up little
      > robots that are H.I.s. Paul really did a good job at scamming us
      all.
      > Oh well, some of it was fun and interesting!

      It was for sure! Even if it was a scam! :-)
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19 9:32 AM
        Hi, Ingrid and Prometheus!

        I was only a lowly 2nd Initiate when I quit! I had already gotten
        into a lot of trouble with H.I.'s in my area so I think I was
        destined at best to remain a 2nd! I just blurted out things too
        much! : ) I will have to post my "out of body" experience that riled
        up two H.I.'s--the local director (a 7th Initiate) and a 6th
        Initiate who is being mentored by the state's spiritual services
        director and longtime major seminar speaker (and who claims to be
        on an inside direct track to Harold.) : ) I was getting myself in
        deeper and deeper trouble, it seems.

        Now, when I look at all of these eckists and all the stuff that was
        taking place, I can't help but think "much ado about nothing." I
        also had the training book, but I had just received it and had not
        read any of it before tossing it in the trash! I did read a lot of
        Eck books, including all of Harold's transcripts and several others
        he "wrote." I discovered a lot of recycled stories in all of them--
        very little new stuff in any of it. And of course, the stories were
        not his for the most part, but those taken from the dutiful eckists
        who sent him their "enlightening" stories!

        Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this site.
        It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
        probably help others to realize that they are not alone in leaving
        eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically universal
        for us--we all woke up to the sham!

        <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > initiations. Currently: 15-18 plus years for the fifth; 18-25
        plus
        > > years for the sixth; 25-35 plus years for the seventh; and
        forget
        > > the eighth!
        >
        > Well as far as I know the "mahanta" said that it has been
        > established that the normal intervals between initiations were 7
        > years now. So, you might become a 5th after 23 years, provided
        that
        > you behave yourself ... Cool, isn't it? :-)
        >

        > > This especially isn't worth it when one finds out that the
        > > initiations are a scam. Just look around at the screwed-up
        little
        > > robots that are H.I.s. Paul really did a good job at scamming us
        > all.
        > > Oh well, some of it was fun and interesting!
        >
        > It was for sure! Even if it was a scam! :-)
      • ctecvie
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22 6:50 AM
          Hello Mish,

          <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

          > Hi, Ingrid and Prometheus!
          >
          > I was only a lowly 2nd Initiate when I quit! I had already gotten
          > into a lot of trouble with H.I.'s in my area so I think I was
          > destined at best to remain a 2nd!

          I think, too, that it was best for you to remain a 2nd! :-) In your
          lowly state of consciousness you shouldn't have gotten into any
          trouble because you didn't understand anything yet! Anyway, when I
          was a lowly 2nd I didn't ask much and most certainly didn't get into
          any trouble! ;-))

          >I just blurted out things too
          > much! : ) I will have to post my "out of body" experience that
          riled
          > up two H.I.'s--the local director (a 7th Initiate) and a 6th
          > Initiate who is being mentored by the state's spiritual services
          > director and longtime major seminar speaker (and who claims to be
          > on an inside direct track to Harold.) : ) I was getting myself in
          > deeper and deeper trouble, it seems.

          I'm looking forward to your OBE!

          > Now, when I look at all of these eckists and all the stuff that was
          > taking place, I can't help but think "much ado about nothing." I
          > also had the training book, but I had just received it and had not
          > read any of it before tossing it in the trash! I did read a lot of
          > Eck books, including all of Harold's transcripts and several others
          > he "wrote." I discovered a lot of recycled stories in all of them--
          > very little new stuff in any of it. And of course, the stories were
          > not his for the most part, but those taken from the dutiful eckists
          > who sent him their "enlightening" stories!

          He recycled many of the initiate reports' stories in his talks as
          well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the reports,
          I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It was
          good that I stopped sending them I think.

          > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this site.
          > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
          > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in leaving
          > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically universal
          > for us--we all woke up to the sham!

          Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
          and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
          have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater force,
          to Spirit, and that is that!

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 28 5:20 PM
            <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

            Hello Ingrid and Mish,
            Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
            Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to enough
            meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically for
            those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
            just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those in
            support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries). Sometimes
            there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
            actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
            successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in the
            workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
            introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few inbetween,
            and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
            and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making up
            or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center of
            attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
            have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
            because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

            Prometheus

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 30 4:22 PM
              Hi, Ingrid!

              I'm sorry I haven't posted my OBE yet, but I will eventually! I have
              a feeling that many unfortunately will be able to relate to the
              story.

              <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
              > well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the
              reports,
              > I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It
              was
              > good that I stopped sending them I think.
              > >
              > > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this
              site.
              > > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
              > > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in
              leaving
              > > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically
              universal
              > > for us--we all woke up to the sham!
              >
              > Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
              > and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
              > have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater

            • ctecvie
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
                Hello Prometheus and Mish,

                <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                > Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
                > Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to
                enough
                > meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically
                for
                > those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
                > just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those
                in
                > support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries).

                We were at the Spiritual Skills Seminar 2003 in Washington. It was
                fun for us! We thought it was something new and exciting and we
                enjoyed it a lot. Of course now we know that those techniques are
                introduced only for recruitment and not for personal development.
                Seen from this point of view, it doesn't seem so attractive any more.

                Sometimes
                > there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
                > actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
                > successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in
                the
                > workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
                > introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few
                inbetween,
                > and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
                > and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making
                up
                > or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center
                of
                > attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
                > have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
                > because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

                In Washington, I met an eckist who was this type - very introverted
                and she didn't seem to have a great sense of humor. To me, it seemed
                as if she was drying out from the inside - and I thought once again
                how weird it was that Eckankar could attract such weird people! It
                was not for the first time I noticed that.

                I notice, too, that some ex-eckists haven't left Eckankar completely
                and never will. So, once again, we will have to be very, very
                careful to look for those old patterns inside ourselves.