Re: Ridiculous Statements Made by Eckists

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2007
      Hi Marla,
      Thanks for the post and welcome to the site.
      Unfortunately, most Eckists don't understand
      what responsibility is or the various forms and
      degrees of karma. Many H.I.s are under the false
      impression that their lack of love is detachment.
      They are actually selfish rather than self-less when
      they exclude others from the circle of love. Then
      again, they have no concept of divine love and just
      go through the motions and pretend to be higher.
      Their words, if not behavior, usually give them away.
      However, in Eckankar, the quirky and unbalanced
      are looked upon as those who might have experienced
      God-realization, at sometime, since Klemp makes this
      his excuse for jumping off a bridge and doing a strip-tease.
      Therefore, H.I.s imitate HK's behavior and emulate
      Klemp's diseases, like EMR, and HK's disassociation with
      his non-Eck family. The "key" is learning to "play the game"
      and act as though one is more spiritual than the next H.I.
      Some imagine that they are the "true" Eckists and are part
      of the mahanta's inner "Inner" circle.

      BTW- Have you ever thought of changing your pseudonym
      to something else like Marlalaughing or Marlajumpingforjoy?
      What's with the "sobbing" because I'm not buying into a victim
      consciousness. The guy's an ass-hole so you should be happy
      you've finally figured it out after only one year! Am I wrong
      about that?

      Many of us, here, on this site were also involved with not
      only Eckankar, but with relationships with Eckists who were
      boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, and wives who were High
      initiates. Some of us were H.I.s too!

      Basically, the mystery behind any religion is in not knowing
      something spiritual, and thinking someone else who out ranks
      you and who you have placed upon a pedestal does. In Eckankar
      the initiations are the "Hope" that the Eck faithful buy into so
      that they can feel special, safe, and above the lowly masses.
      They think that the "secrets" that are told to them on the outer
      are the highest truths and exclusive to only Eckankar. What is
      revealed on the "Inner," to Soul, is personal and individual and
      is not measured by another Soul's experience or granted by another
      Soul's false authority. No Soul can claim to have powers or
      authority over other Souls... only man does this!

      On another note: after many years these H.I.s do learn the
      dogma; and the guidelines (rules and procedures); they have
      a lot of business/leadership experience; they know how to kiss
      ass really well; they have good imaginations; are usually very
      gullible; suggestable and trusting; they can tell and embellish
      stories; are very off balance; are can be quirky loners while
      having learned how to keep silent and lie about the dirty laundry...
      (Darwin Gross, etc.) that's about it in a nutshell... except for the
      vanity that most always shows itself when they are placed "higher"
      by their delusional and power hungry master.

      Prometheus

      marla wrote:

      > Let me just tell you of a totally inane conversation I had with my ex-
      > boyfriend, a 6th initiate.
      >
      > We were going through some of his old photos when I saw a picture of a
      > two-year-old standing on the top rung of a ladder in a loft apartment.
      > The child was the daughter of my ex-BF's fiance at the time. The
      > child had apparently climbed up the rungs of the ladder which led to a
      > loft bed. She was clearly 12 feet from the ground, in an extremely
      > dangerous situation. Looking at the photo, I was somewhat shocked. I
      > said that if I had seen a toddler in a potentially precarious
      > situation such as this, my instinct would be to immediately protect it
      > from falling, not run and grab a camera.
      >
      > I asked my ex-BF, "Weren't you worried that she would fall and hurt
      > herself?" His response was that if she did, it was because she was
      > working out some karma from a past life and NEEDED to fall. At that
      > point, I confirmed my suspicions that Eckankar is a nutcase cult with
      > no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

    • marlasobbing
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 21, 2007
        Hi Prometheus,

        As a matter of fact I would change my name to MarlaS if I knew how
        to go in and change it but I haven't figured that out. I don't
        really see myself as a victim, I just picked the name during a time
        when I was feeling particularly sad.

        I am aware that I have basically saved myself from a lifetime of
        misery with this individual. I've been reading several forums
        written by ex-Eckists and it has now become so clear to me. All this
        time I spent trying to understand and believe what I was told by him
        and I kept thinking, Am I dumb or something, because I just don't
        get it! It doesn't make any sense to me and is counterintuitive. But
        now I see that others have called into question these very bizarre
        beliefs.

        I remember about 8 months ago I was taking a road trip to go on a
        work seminar and my ex-BF gave me the audiotapes of the Shariyat Ki
        Sugmad to listen to. I listed to the whole things (8 hours I think)
        and a lot of the stuff was really disturbing, towards the latter
        part of the book. I'm not sure if most eckists have red the whole
        book but there is some pretty trippy stuff in there.

        By the way, where can I read about Harold Klemp jumping off a
        bridge, etc? Most stuff I could find about him was really sanitized.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2007
          Hi Marla,
          You'll not find an unsanitized version of anything
          coming from Klemp. The jumping off the bridge
          and strip-tease at a Chicago airport was first printed
          in "Soul Travelers of the Far Country." It was an attempt
          at damage control.

          Klemp, later, combined that book along with an earlier
          book "Child in the Wilderness" to create "Autobiography
          of a Modern Prophet." Therefore, the easiest book
          to find this sanitized spin for HK's unbalanced mental
          and emotional behaviour is in his pseudo Autobiography.

          The "Introduction" in "Autobiography of a Modern Prophet"
          is even reprinted from Klemp's "Child in the Wilderness!"
          And, HK also compares his "madness" to that of Gibran
          (page 233)! Amazing, how delusional and unbalanced HK
          still is after all of these years! Then, again, Klemp learned
          how to "play the game" in order to be released from the
          Mental Institution he was confined to. Learning "How to Play
          the Game" is what Klemp still teaches his H.I.s today as he
          has them jump through hoops, distort truth, and kiss ass
          for those precious initiations.

          Prometheus
          p.s. I'm sure that you can find where you can choose another/
          multiple pseudonyms if you look into it further.

          marlas wrote:

> [...]
          > > > child had apparently climbed up the rungs of the ladder which
          > led to a
          > > > loft bed. She was clearly 12 feet from the ground, in an
          > extremely
          > > > dangerous situation. Looking at the photo, I was somewhat
          > shocked. I
          > > > said that if I had seen a toddler in a potentially precarious
          > > > situation such as this, my instinct would be to immediately
          > protect it
          > > > from falling, not run and grab a camera.
          > > >
          > > > I asked my ex-BF, "Weren't you worried that she would fall and
          > hurt
          > > > herself?" His response was that if she did, it was because she
          > was
          > > > working out some karma from a past life and NEEDED to fall. At
          > that
          > > > point, I confirmed my suspicions that Eckankar is a nutcase cult

        • marlaprendergast
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2007
            Ok Prometheus I changed my name (if it took). I am no longer sobbing!