Ridiculous Statements Made by Eckists

  • marlasobbing
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2007
      Let me just tell you of a totally inane conversation I had with my ex-
      boyfriend, a 6th initiate.

      We were going through some of his old photos when I saw a picture of a
      two-year-old standing on the top rung of a ladder in a loft apartment.
      The child was the daughter of my ex-BF's fiance at the time. The
      child had apparently climbed up the rungs of the ladder which led to a
      loft bed. She was clearly 12 feet from the ground, in an extremely
      dangerous situation. Looking at the photo, I was somewhat shocked. I
      said that if I had seen a toddler in a potentially precarious
      situation such as this, my instinct would be to immediately protect it
      from falling, not run and grab a camera.

      I asked my ex-BF, "Weren't you worried that she would fall and hurt
      herself?" His response was that if she did, it was because she was
      working out some karma from a past life and NEEDED to fall. At that
      point, I confirmed my suspicions that Eckankar is a nutcase cult with
      no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2007
        Hi Marla,
        Thanks for the post and welcome to the site.
        Unfortunately, most Eckists don't understand
        what responsibility is or the various forms and
        degrees of karma. Many H.I.s are under the false
        impression that their lack of love is detachment.
        They are actually selfish rather than self-less when
        they exclude others from the circle of love. Then
        again, they have no concept of divine love and just
        go through the motions and pretend to be higher.
        Their words, if not behavior, usually give them away.
        However, in Eckankar, the quirky and unbalanced
        are looked upon as those who might have experienced
        God-realization, at sometime, since Klemp makes this
        his excuse for jumping off a bridge and doing a strip-tease.
        Therefore, H.I.s imitate HK's behavior and emulate
        Klemp's diseases, like EMR, and HK's disassociation with
        his non-Eck family. The "key" is learning to "play the game"
        and act as though one is more spiritual than the next H.I.
        Some imagine that they are the "true" Eckists and are part
        of the mahanta's inner "Inner" circle.

        BTW- Have you ever thought of changing your pseudonym
        to something else like Marlalaughing or Marlajumpingforjoy?
        What's with the "sobbing" because I'm not buying into a victim
        consciousness. The guy's an ass-hole so you should be happy
        you've finally figured it out after only one year! Am I wrong
        about that?

        Many of us, here, on this site were also involved with not
        only Eckankar, but with relationships with Eckists who were
        boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, and wives who were High
        initiates. Some of us were H.I.s too!

        Basically, the mystery behind any religion is in not knowing
        something spiritual, and thinking someone else who out ranks
        you and who you have placed upon a pedestal does. In Eckankar
        the initiations are the "Hope" that the Eck faithful buy into so
        that they can feel special, safe, and above the lowly masses.
        They think that the "secrets" that are told to them on the outer
        are the highest truths and exclusive to only Eckankar. What is
        revealed on the "Inner," to Soul, is personal and individual and
        is not measured by another Soul's experience or granted by another
        Soul's false authority. No Soul can claim to have powers or
        authority over other Souls... only man does this!

        On another note: after many years these H.I.s do learn the
        dogma; and the guidelines (rules and procedures); they have
        a lot of business/leadership experience; they know how to kiss
        ass really well; they have good imaginations; are usually very
        gullible; suggestable and trusting; they can tell and embellish
        stories; are very off balance; are can be quirky loners while
        having learned how to keep silent and lie about the dirty laundry...
        (Darwin Gross, etc.) that's about it in a nutshell... except for the
        vanity that most always shows itself when they are placed "higher"
        by their delusional and power hungry master.

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2007
          Hi Prometheus,

          As a matter of fact I would change my name to MarlaS if I knew how
          to go in and change it but I haven't figured that out. I don't
          really see myself as a victim, I just picked the name during a time
          when I was feeling particularly sad.

          I am aware that I have basically saved myself from a lifetime of
          misery with this individual. I've been reading several forums
          written by ex-Eckists and it has now become so clear to me. All this
          time I spent trying to understand and believe what I was told by him
          and I kept thinking, Am I dumb or something, because I just don't
          get it! It doesn't make any sense to me and is counterintuitive. But
          now I see that others have called into question these very bizarre
          beliefs.

          I remember about 8 months ago I was taking a road trip to go on a
          work seminar and my ex-BF gave me the audiotapes of the Shariyat Ki
          Sugmad to listen to. I listed to the whole things (8 hours I think)
          and a lot of the stuff was really disturbing, towards the latter
          part of the book. I'm not sure if most eckists have red the whole
          book but there is some pretty trippy stuff in there.

          By the way, where can I read about Harold Klemp jumping off a
          bridge, etc? Most stuff I could find about him was really sanitized.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2007
            Hi Marla,
            You'll not find an unsanitized version of anything
            coming from Klemp. The jumping off the bridge
            and strip-tease at a Chicago airport was first printed
            in "Soul Travelers of the Far Country." It was an attempt
            at damage control.

            Klemp, later, combined that book along with an earlier
            book "Child in the Wilderness" to create "Autobiography
            of a Modern Prophet." Therefore, the easiest book
            to find this sanitized spin for HK's unbalanced mental
            and emotional behaviour is in his pseudo Autobiography.

            The "Introduction" in "Autobiography of a Modern Prophet"
            is even reprinted from Klemp's "Child in the Wilderness!"
            And, HK also compares his "madness" to that of Gibran
            (page 233)! Amazing, how delusional and unbalanced HK
            still is after all of these years! Then, again, Klemp learned
            how to "play the game" in order to be released from the
            Mental Institution he was confined to. Learning "How to Play
            the Game" is what Klemp still teaches his H.I.s today as he
            has them jump through hoops, distort truth, and kiss ass
            for those precious initiations.

            Prometheus
            p.s. I'm sure that you can find where you can choose another/
            multiple pseudonyms if you look into it further.

            marlas wrote:

> [...]
            > > > child had apparently climbed up the rungs of the ladder which
            > led to a
            > > > loft bed. She was clearly 12 feet from the ground, in an
            > extremely
            > > > dangerous situation. Looking at the photo, I was somewhat
            > shocked. I
            > > > said that if I had seen a toddler in a potentially precarious
            > > > situation such as this, my instinct would be to immediately
            > protect it
            > > > from falling, not run and grab a camera.
            > > >
            > > > I asked my ex-BF, "Weren't you worried that she would fall and
            > hurt
            > > > herself?" His response was that if she did, it was because she
            > was
            > > > working out some karma from a past life and NEEDED to fall. At
            > that
            > > > point, I confirmed my suspicions that Eckankar is a nutcase cult

          • marlaprendergast
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 21, 2007
              Ok Prometheus I changed my name (if it took). I am no longer sobbing!