Re: Reductio ad Absurdum or Reduction to the Absurd

    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2007
      Hi, Kaye!

      Really a great post--well stated. You are so right about sacrificing relationships in
      eckankar. Eckists do not want and do not care to associate with non-eckists, unless
      they are doing vahana work and can snare new members into the cult to help feed
      the coffers for the shark mahanta! : )

      The reason many eckists are so aloof with non-eckists is that they have judged
      others' spiritual awareness as being less than their own and they fear being
      contaminated. Of course, H.I.'s do not like to be around lower initiates for the
      very same reason. It is just a bunch of arrogant and ignorant behavior by
      uncontrolled egos! Just thinking that one is spiritually advanced and above
      others in itself just shows how unadvanced such individuals truly are!

      It really is sad to see this separation especially away from family members. It is
      a great interference. Just doing all the mundane spiritual exercises and focusing
      on Klemp's nerdy face distracts and takes away good time that one could be
      having in the "real" world with family and friends!

      Mish

      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, tee green <xekweed@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I appreciate the ekult history provided here. There is so much that is so hard to
      believe. The key players themselves seem so heartlessly calculating. One day cult books
      are sacred scriptures and the leader is the highest manifestation of god - then they are
      taken out of circulation and stories are spun to explain the contradictions and removal.
      The part of my belief in ekult that I regret the most was believing that the godman was
      actually an enlightened, spiritual being who could guide me in my quest for spiritual
      growth, cared about me and could help with my problems. I regret abandoning friendships
      with people from other paths because I was convinced that this would interfere with my
      studies of the great ekult teachings. When I left, I reconnected with lovely, spiritual friends
      and to my regret and shame found out that some within the group had passed away and I
      threw away the time that they had left to be with loved ones and friends.
      > Blind faith extracts a terrible price. I consider myself one of the lucky ones as my
      misguided involvement didn't cost me more - like my marriage or my relationship with our
      children. I know that there are others out there still convinced that this sham is the real
      deal and to those who have the slightest doubt, I would like to present what is commonly
      referred to as "The Riddle of Epicurus"- just replace God with HK, the godman, master,
      whatever:

      > Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. If he
      wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. If God
      can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world? — Epicurus,
      as quoted in 2000 Years of Disbelief

      > I know- if things work out he takes the credit and if they don't, then you just had it
      coming or really needed the lesson- I say BS! Life is what it is- we determine the outcome
      by our own choices and how we handle what is thrown at us. We are the masters and
      authors of our own fates. True- some things are beyond our control but closing our minds
      and relying on some liar/fake to solve our problems can only result in disappointment and
      pain. I don't claim to have the answers and have no idea what form the Source of Life
      takes- all I can offer is a small suggestion- open your minds- let the light of reason in-
      you'll feel better and maybe not lose track of people in your life who you care about and
      not miss out on really enjoying life.