Re: Reductio ad Absurdum or Reduction to the Absurd

  • tee green
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 7:38 PM
      Hi Everyone,

           I appreciate the ekult history provided here. There is so much that is so hard to believe. The key players themselves seem so heartlessly calculating. One day cult books are sacred scriptures and the leader is the highest manifestation of god - then they are taken out of circulation and stories are spun to explain the contradictions and removal. The part of my belief in ekult that I regret the most was believing that the godman was actually an enlightened, spiritual being who could guide me in my quest for spiritual growth, cared about me and could help with my problems. I regret abandoning friendships with people from other paths because I was convinced that this would interfere with my studies of the great ekult teachings. When I left, I reconnected with lovely, spiritual friends and to my regret and shame found out that some within the group had passed away and I threw away the time that they had left to be with loved ones and friends.
      Blind faith extracts a terrible price. I consider myself one of the lucky ones as my misguided involvement didn't cost me more - like my marriage or my relationship with our children. I know that there are others out there still convinced that this sham is the real deal and to those who have the slightest doubt, I would like to present what is commonly referred to as "The Riddle of Epicurus"- just replace God with HK, the godman, master, whatever:

      Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. If God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world? — Epicurus, as quoted in 2000 Years of Disbelief

      I know- if things work out he takes the credit and if they don't, then you just had it coming or really needed the lesson- I say BS! Life is what it is- we determine the outcome by our own choices and how we handle what is thrown at us. We are the masters and authors of our own fates. True- some things are beyond our control but closing our minds and relying on some liar/fake to solve our problems can only result in disappointment and pain. I don't claim to have the answers and have no idea what form the Source of Life takes- all I can offer is a small suggestion- open your minds- let the light of reason in- you'll feel better and maybe not lose track of people in your life who you care about and not miss out on really enjoying life.

      Have a Great Week,

      Kaye

      Message 2 of 3 , May 27 11:33 PM
        Hi Kaye,
        Nice post! It somehow got me to thinking about Phil Morimitsu's
        books of his inner experiences and that they are no longer sold
        by ECKANKAR. He did upstage Klemp! However, it just goes to
        show that none of us really need a religion when we can have our
        own personal inner experiences and spiritual growth as Soul, and
        without needing a middleman! Soul and Spirit work together and
        will Mock Up and Project Images for us to understand and relate
        to. The middleman Mahanta (Klemp) isn't spiritually advanced
        at all. He's a liar and a fake by taking credit for Soul's experiences,
        after the fact, and for what ECKists see on the inner. HK has never
        been conscious of any of these ECKist's inner experiences! The real
        problem for ECKists comes through delusion and believing in a person
        other than Self.

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 3 , May 28 6:46 AM
          Hi, Kaye!

          Really a great post--well stated. You are so right about sacrificing relationships in
          eckankar. Eckists do not want and do not care to associate with non-eckists, unless
          they are doing vahana work and can snare new members into the cult to help feed
          the coffers for the shark mahanta! : )

          The reason many eckists are so aloof with non-eckists is that they have judged
          others' spiritual awareness as being less than their own and they fear being
          contaminated. Of course, H.I.'s do not like to be around lower initiates for the
          very same reason. It is just a bunch of arrogant and ignorant behavior by
          uncontrolled egos! Just thinking that one is spiritually advanced and above
          others in itself just shows how unadvanced such individuals truly are!

          It really is sad to see this separation especially away from family members. It is
          a great interference. Just doing all the mundane spiritual exercises and focusing
          on Klemp's nerdy face distracts and takes away good time that one could be
          having in the "real" world with family and friends!

          Mish