Re: Fwd: Arahata Training

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 17, 2005
      --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, Lucy Wisecup
      <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:
      >Hi Mish,

      Well, I read this and was amazed to hear two things. One is that
      this RESA is kind of behind the times. There are new up-dated
      leadership trainings and materials for Eck leaders (both High and
      Low Initiates). Usually, Arahata Training does not have to be re-
      taken for those who have been actively involved (within a one or two
      year period) as a satsang Arahata, doing intros, or book
      discussions, etc.

      The second amazing thing is that this Eckist doing the complaining
      doesn't seem to get it. Yes, everyone has to be on the same page
      when dealing with the public as a representative of their religion.
      Yes, this usually means that you have to play the game and be a good
      trooper and march in step and sometimes keep your opinions to
      yourself. But, this lack of freedom is the price an Eckist pays for
      those initiations. If you don't play the game and play it well you
      won't advance. One has to take all the trainings, be in or teach a
      Satsang, attend the EWS monthly, and volunteer to fill a position
      within the local area or the statewide level. It also helps to
      volunteer at major Eck seminars and be seen doing so by your state's
      H.I.s and attend the leadership workshops (some that they will
      attend) as well. One more thing though... try to find, read,
      remember, and follow all of the guidelines. Oh, always act happy
      (even when you aren't) put on a happy face and always talk about the
      Mahanta's love whether you believe it or not. Never say anything
      negative! It's good PR for you. One more thing... talk less and
      listen more. Oh, even if you aren't an H.I.... follow the four Zoas.

      This is pretty much what an Eckist has to do in order to climb the
      ladder for those higher initiations and positions of power within
      the RESA structure. Eventually, one will receive the higher
      initiations. Currently: 15-18 plus years for the fifth; 18-25 plus
      years for the sixth; 25-35 plus years for the seventh; and forget
      the eighth!

      This especially isn't worth it when one finds out that the
      initiations are a scam. Just look around at the screwed-up little
      robots that are H.I.s. Paul really did a good job at scamming us all.
      Oh well, some of it was fun and interesting!

      Prometheus

      > Hi, All!
      >
      > I found this on another website. The writer gives permission to re-
      post, omitting his/her name.

      > Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:14:09 -0000
      > Subject: Arahata Training
      >

      > The RESA in my area is bullying all the Eckists presumably
      > with orders on high to get more ARAHATA TRAINING. All area
      > arahahas who have not had arahata training in the past 5 years
      > must get two days worth coming up soon or they will no longer
      > be allowed to host groups, chants or satsangs or function as a
      > speaker or a helper, even to host at the center anymore and hand
      > out pamphlets to seekers until they have completed it.
      > This though the same training book is being used that has
      > been previously published. Homework will be assigned and due
      > at the seminar. Must buy book if you don't have it.
      > Wouldnt this be a little insulting if someone were a longtime
      > dedicated eckist voluntering but working weekends when the
      > Big Indoctrination is to take place? To be fair it does say
      > call if you can't make it and some alternative arrangements can
      > be made. Sorry your book class will be running with someone else.
      > I guess its so eckists will all be reading from the same
      > indoctrination book and don't mess anything up by being
      > unique ,dare I say it, individuals. The indoctrination can
      > no longer even be completed in a day like when I took it These
      people
      > have a demanding master. I sincerely think that 2 days spent with
      > your kids is a much better use of your time expressing
      your "golden
      > heart " if a person were still to follow this . In fact we could
      make
      > a list of better uses of your time on the Sundays
      > Get muffler fixed
      > Pick up some trash in neighborhood as snow melts to reveal junkland
      > Go see movie " The Aviator" or Sideways both recommended.
      > Waddle around park with dog to work off winter flab
      > Go to half empty church where they actually try and help people
      > in community.
      > Sleep In
      > etc
      > I guess they'll be spending part of two weekends with the one they
      love.

      > Permission is granted here to repost if you wish to other
      > sites since this will be the only place I'm posting it- remove my
      > name & address. I don't need to hear from any of them
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      > Children InternationalWould you give Hope to a Child in need?
      ·Click Here to meet a Girl
      > And Give Her Hope·Click Here to meet a Boy
      > And Change His Life Learn More

      Service.

    • ctecvie
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2005
        Hello everybody,

        > Well, I read this and was amazed to hear two things. One is that
        > this RESA is kind of behind the times. There are new up-dated
        > leadership trainings and materials for Eck leaders (both High and
        > Low Initiates). Usually, Arahata Training does not have to be re-
        > taken for those who have been actively involved (within a one or
        two
        > year period) as a satsang Arahata, doing intros, or book
        > discussions, etc.

        I had started the eck leadership training when an unforeseeable
        event occurred: I had finished Ford Johnson's book and left
        Eckankar! :-) I just gave away the leadership book to a new eckist
        who has not yet the 2nd initiation. Before I sent it away, I read it
        till the end. All I can say is that this is a recruitment book.
        Fortunately I left Eckankar before the real tough part began - to
        actually recruit members! :-)

        > The second amazing thing is that this Eckist doing the complaining
        > doesn't seem to get it. Yes, everyone has to be on the same page
        > when dealing with the public as a representative of their
        religion.

        I think that is a very simple thing called "corporate identity".
        Every company requires this ... and Eckankar is a company, too, even
        if it claims to be the highest spiritual path. :-)Very mundane ...

        > Yes, this usually means that you have to play the game and be a
        good
        > trooper and march in step and sometimes keep your opinions to
        > yourself. But, this lack of freedom is the price an Eckist pays
        for
        > those initiations. If you don't play the game and play it well you
        > won't advance. One has to take all the trainings, be in or teach a
        > Satsang, attend the EWS monthly, and volunteer to fill a position
        > within the local area or the statewide level. It also helps to
        > volunteer at major Eck seminars and be seen doing so by your
        state's
        > H.I.s and attend the leadership workshops (some that they will
        > attend) as well. One more thing though... try to find, read,
        > remember, and follow all of the guidelines. Oh, always act happy
        > (even when you aren't) put on a happy face and always talk about
        the
        > Mahanta's love whether you believe it or not. Never say anything
        > negative! It's good PR for you. One more thing... talk less and
        > listen more. Oh, even if you aren't an H.I.... follow the four
        Zoas.

        Well now I know why I never could have made it to the 4th! I drank
        wine during an arahata training! I wouldn't have would I have known
        how things are in Eckankar, of course ... because I liked getting
        those initiations. :-) I never served officially or unofficially in
        Eckankar - well, another negative point. I just didn't get it it
        seems. :-)) I did bite back too negative remarks, though. So this
        was already something!

        > This is pretty much what an Eckist has to do in order to climb the
        > ladder for those higher initiations and positions of power within
        > the RESA structure. Eventually, one will receive the higher
        > initiations. Currently: 15-18 plus years for the fifth; 18-25 plus
        > years for the sixth; 25-35 plus years for the seventh; and forget
        > the eighth!

        Well as far as I know the "mahanta" said that it has been
        established that the normal intervals between initiations were 7
        years now. So, you might become a 5th after 23 years, provided that
        you behave yourself ... Cool, isn't it? :-)

        > This especially isn't worth it when one finds out that the
        > initiations are a scam. Just look around at the screwed-up little
        > robots that are H.I.s. Paul really did a good job at scamming us
        all.
        > Oh well, some of it was fun and interesting!

        It was for sure! Even if it was a scam! :-)
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2005
          Hi, Ingrid and Prometheus!

          I was only a lowly 2nd Initiate when I quit! I had already gotten
          into a lot of trouble with H.I.'s in my area so I think I was
          destined at best to remain a 2nd! I just blurted out things too
          much! : ) I will have to post my "out of body" experience that riled
          up two H.I.'s--the local director (a 7th Initiate) and a 6th
          Initiate who is being mentored by the state's spiritual services
          director and longtime major seminar speaker (and who claims to be
          on an inside direct track to Harold.) : ) I was getting myself in
          deeper and deeper trouble, it seems.

          Now, when I look at all of these eckists and all the stuff that was
          taking place, I can't help but think "much ado about nothing." I
          also had the training book, but I had just received it and had not
          read any of it before tossing it in the trash! I did read a lot of
          Eck books, including all of Harold's transcripts and several others
          he "wrote." I discovered a lot of recycled stories in all of them--
          very little new stuff in any of it. And of course, the stories were
          not his for the most part, but those taken from the dutiful eckists
          who sent him their "enlightening" stories!

          Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this site.
          It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
          probably help others to realize that they are not alone in leaving
          eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically universal
          for us--we all woke up to the sham!

          <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > initiations. Currently: 15-18 plus years for the fifth; 18-25
          plus
          > > years for the sixth; 25-35 plus years for the seventh; and
          forget
          > > the eighth!
          >
          > Well as far as I know the "mahanta" said that it has been
          > established that the normal intervals between initiations were 7
          > years now. So, you might become a 5th after 23 years, provided
          that
          > you behave yourself ... Cool, isn't it? :-)
          >

          > > This especially isn't worth it when one finds out that the
          > > initiations are a scam. Just look around at the screwed-up
          little
          > > robots that are H.I.s. Paul really did a good job at scamming us
          > all.
          > > Oh well, some of it was fun and interesting!
          >
          > It was for sure! Even if it was a scam! :-)
        • ctecvie
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22, 2005
            Hello Mish,

            <mishmisha9@y...> wrote:

            > Hi, Ingrid and Prometheus!
            >
            > I was only a lowly 2nd Initiate when I quit! I had already gotten
            > into a lot of trouble with H.I.'s in my area so I think I was
            > destined at best to remain a 2nd!

            I think, too, that it was best for you to remain a 2nd! :-) In your
            lowly state of consciousness you shouldn't have gotten into any
            trouble because you didn't understand anything yet! Anyway, when I
            was a lowly 2nd I didn't ask much and most certainly didn't get into
            any trouble! ;-))

            >I just blurted out things too
            > much! : ) I will have to post my "out of body" experience that
            riled
            > up two H.I.'s--the local director (a 7th Initiate) and a 6th
            > Initiate who is being mentored by the state's spiritual services
            > director and longtime major seminar speaker (and who claims to be
            > on an inside direct track to Harold.) : ) I was getting myself in
            > deeper and deeper trouble, it seems.

            I'm looking forward to your OBE!

            > Now, when I look at all of these eckists and all the stuff that was
            > taking place, I can't help but think "much ado about nothing." I
            > also had the training book, but I had just received it and had not
            > read any of it before tossing it in the trash! I did read a lot of
            > Eck books, including all of Harold's transcripts and several others
            > he "wrote." I discovered a lot of recycled stories in all of them--
            > very little new stuff in any of it. And of course, the stories were
            > not his for the most part, but those taken from the dutiful eckists
            > who sent him their "enlightening" stories!

            He recycled many of the initiate reports' stories in his talks as
            well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the reports,
            I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It was
            good that I stopped sending them I think.

            > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this site.
            > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
            > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in leaving
            > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically universal
            > for us--we all woke up to the sham!

            Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
            and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
            have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater force,
            to Spirit, and that is that!

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 28, 2005
              <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

              Hello Ingrid and Mish,
              Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
              Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to enough
              meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically for
              those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
              just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those in
              support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries). Sometimes
              there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
              actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
              successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in the
              workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
              introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few inbetween,
              and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
              and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making up
              or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center of
              attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
              have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
              because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

              Prometheus

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 30, 2005
                Hi, Ingrid!

                I'm sorry I haven't posted my OBE yet, but I will eventually! I have
                a feeling that many unfortunately will be able to relate to the
                story.

                <ctecvie@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                > well. When I heard that it was not only Harold who read the
                reports,
                > I stopped sending them. I still wrote them, but only for me. It
                was
                > good that I stopped sending them I think.
                > >
                > > Well, enough for now! Thanks, Prometheus for setting up this
                site.
                > > It's a nice place to share our Eckankar experiences. It will
                > > probably help others to realize that they are not alone in
                leaving
                > > eckankar and that the reasons for leaving are basically
                universal
                > > for us--we all woke up to the sham!
                >
                > Yes this site is cool! I have found out recently that life goes on
                > and doesn't care at all whether we are in Eckankar or not - all we
                > have to do, in my opinion, is to open ourselves to the greater

              • ctecvie
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2005
                  Hello Prometheus and Mish,

                  <prometheus_973@y...> wrote:

                  > Yes, I too want to hear about the OBE of Mish's. I wonder how the
                  > Spiritual Skills Seminar went? Not really! LOL! I've been to
                  enough
                  > meetings, trainings, and workshops to know that it is basically
                  for
                  > those who are new to intros, book discussions, etc. and is mostly
                  > just a pep talk for the experienced and active "settlers" (those
                  in
                  > support positions) and "explorers" (vahana/missionaries).

                  We were at the Spiritual Skills Seminar 2003 in Washington. It was
                  fun for us! We thought it was something new and exciting and we
                  enjoyed it a lot. Of course now we know that those techniques are
                  introduced only for recruitment and not for personal development.
                  Seen from this point of view, it doesn't seem so attractive any more.

                  Sometimes
                  > there is a slightly new focus or some new techniques shared. But
                  > actually, I always got the update from the RESA Star on new or
                  > successful Arahata/Vahana methods that were just re-enforced in
                  the
                  > workshops. The problem that most Eckists have is that they are
                  > introverts, their spiritual experiences seem far and few
                  inbetween,
                  > and what they have experienced spiritually is private and personal
                  > and cannot be easily shared. Other Eckists have no trouble making
                  up
                  > or telling their stories. Some Eckists just like to be the center
                  of
                  > attention. They love to be admired. I can see this with those who
                  > have left Eckankar as well. It's tough on some of these egomanics
                  > because they no longer have those Higher Initiations.

                  In Washington, I met an eckist who was this type - very introverted
                  and she didn't seem to have a great sense of humor. To me, it seemed
                  as if she was drying out from the inside - and I thought once again
                  how weird it was that Eckankar could attract such weird people! It
                  was not for the first time I noticed that.

                  I notice, too, that some ex-eckists haven't left Eckankar completely
                  and never will. So, once again, we will have to be very, very
                  careful to look for those old patterns inside ourselves.