Nominations for New HuChat Moderators! LOL!

    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2007
      Well, the eck moves in mysterious ways it seems!
      It is the time of the year to elect new HuChat moderators.
      I find it interesting to watch their nominating process--much
      ado about nothing really, maybe--I mean it's a job just about
      anyone can do! These yahoo groups are so easy to set up! But
      then when there is conflict between posters, well, I suppose it
      can be troublesome. But hey, they're eckists and full of divine
      love and tolerance--they show the way to higher consciousness
      for us all! LOL!

      Well, what strikes me odd about their nominations is that
      Joe Homsey (btw, I have nothing against Joe) has been nominated.
      He hasn't stated if he will accept the nomination, but maybe, he
      has and it isn't posted yet?? You see Joe has been posting on
      HuChat since the end of Oct. 2006. We are now in the beginning
      of May, 2007, and strange as it seems, Joe is still on moderated
      status.I wonder what in the world that Joe has done that keeps him
      moderated. Why can't he be trusted to post??? He is an eckist
      after all, and he surely can be trusted by his fellow eckists??

      Well, I truly hope Joe wins the position--at least, he would
      then be in the position to instantly approve his own messages.
      They won't be dangling there until a moderator decides if it
      is HuChat worthy to post! LOL!

      Mish

      P.S.
      The best thing for Joe to do, if he becomes a moderator, would
      be to take himself off of moderated status . . . and maybe as
      a just reward to the previous moderators, he could put them on
      moderatedstatus. Touche'! (Especially Cheryl--it would be so
      funny to see her muzzled for a change!).
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2007
        Hi Mish,
        Is Joe's acceptance, of nomination for HU-Chat Moderator,
        still in PENDING or was it DELETED? I wonder if KAL-ECKist
        Cheryl is possibly doing some Dirty Tricks? I wouldn't put
        it past her her to delete Joe's acceptance before other moderators
        saw it! <smile>

        This is the last day for people to accept their nomination!
        Here's a suggestion for Joe... privately email a supporter who
        is an Unmoderated HU-Chat site member (ECKist) and have
        them post the acceptance on your behalf!

        Yes, it is strange (not really) that ECKists Don't Have
        FREEDOM of SPEECH and need to be MODERATED on HU-CHAT.
        The ESC has "Official Approval" over the HU-Chat site, although,
        it is considered an "unofficial" ECKANKAR group.

        HU-Chat is an Officially Approved ECK Site because the ESC
        requires them to follow certain guidelines (the disclaimer, and
        reference to ECKANKAR.org, etc.) and the ESC gave approval
        for the display banner (pic) on the front page. Also, the ESC
        has an Internet rep assigned to oversee all "unofficial" ECKANKAR
        sites.

        Some HU-Chat site members have stated that the group falls
        under the RESA Hierarchy, but this is not true. There is no RESA
        that has authority over the site per se. However, individual RESAs
        do have authority over those individuals posting on the site WHEN
        these ECKists are within their Local RESA Hierarchy! The person
        with control over HU-Chat is (sorry, I forget his name) the person
        at the ESC who was assigned this duty/position over Internet sites.
        And, it should be pointed out, the ESC Does Not fall under any RESA
        Hierarchy... Not even the RESA of MN.!

        Yes, it would seem that there are certain ECKists that still
        enjoy DIRECTING the HU... with/without the approval of the ESC
        and, therefore, of Klemp! Would this be BLACK or WHITE MAGIC?
        Yes, hypocrisy (inner & outer) is alive and well within the "official"
        and "unofficial" ECKANKAR religion!

        Prometheus

        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2007
          It does seem rather odd that Joe has neither accepted nor
          declined the nomination. And it's not like he's out of town
          either as he posted a message on HuChat after he was
          nominated, but seemingly oblivious to the nominations taking
          place including his own! This just doesn't feel right! : )

          It does seem to indicate that things go on behind the scenes
          on HuChat, but of course, most eckists would probably dismiss
          such shenigans as being either their karma or that it is just
          as it is suppose to be--it's that passive attitudte that gets
          them everytime! Those who have the power will keep the
          power! There surely are foxes guarding the hen house! LOL!

> [...]
          > > of May, 2007, and strange as it seems, Joe is still on moderated
          > > status.I wonder what in the world that Joe has done that keeps him
          > > moderated. Why can't he be trusted to post??? He is an eckist
          > > after all, and he surely can be trusted by his fellow eckists??
          > >
          > > Well, I truly hope Joe wins the position--at least, he would
          > > then be in the position to instantly approve his own messages.
          > > They won't be dangling there until a moderator decides if it
          > > is HuChat worthy to post! LOL!
          > >
          > > Mish
          > >
          > > P.S.
          > > The best thing for Joe to do, if he becomes a moderator, would
          > > be to take himself off of moderated status . . . and maybe as
          > > a just reward to the previous moderators, he could put them on
          > > moderatedstatus. Touche'! (Especially Cheryl--it would be so
          > > funny to see her muzzled for a change!).

        • Sharon
          Message 4 of 9 , May 3, 2007
            Oh horrors, is this Joey Homsey, perchance? Did he finally change his
            name from Joey to Joe? This man is truly hateful and vicious, and
            gets my vote for the eckist most likely to get a gun and go after
            "detractors". He makes Grundie (Cher) seem like a meek little kitten.

            I don't pay attention to hu-chat but I think I saw him mentioned here
            at ESA in connection with hu=chat awhile back. Homsey was a true-blue
            eckGestapo member and very active at a.r.e., and like the rest of
            them, really came after me when I woke up and got out. In his case,
            because he lived not far from me and openly posted about visits to my
            town, when my home was "coincidentally" broken into in a way that the
            perp thought would not be noticed, needless to say I didn't think it
            was a "coincidence". The only thing touched was my computers. Homsey
            had posted some paranoid rantings accusing me of trying to lead an
            organized attack on the cult's "temple" or something. Anyway, I felt
            a bit ridiculous about contacting the police and FBI, as well as the
            phone company's obscene call center because I was getting a lot of
            bothersome calls too - I was unlisted and did *not* get many
            telemarketing calls. But, after seeing what was going on at a.r.e.
            and hearing the whole story, rather than reassuring me about my safety
            from this internet cultnut, the authorities agreed it was a
            potentially dangerous situation. And considering what's been going on
            in the world since 1998-99, I daresay his actions would be considered
            even *more* dangerous today.

            It's sort of ironic, he "disappeared" from a.r.e. but resurfaced in
            another state some time later, and posted he'd almost been killed in a
            horrible car accident. Coincidence? Or...did his threats just bounce
            back? I have absolutely *no* sympathy for the man, and if he'd been
            killed, I'd have felt relief.

            Well...hi everyone! I've had a momentary "relapse" today but now I'm
            going back to my happily eckfree life away from all of this - it's
            Spring, glorious Spring!!! I'm working on a totally awesome and
            deer-proof container-garden on my deck. There's no window near my
            computer so I don't spend much time here anymore.

            Have a good one, everyone!

            Hugs,

            Sharon
          • ctecvie
            Message 5 of 9 , May 3, 2007
              Hi Sharon,

              good to see you here! :-)

              --- In EckankarSurvivorsAnonymous@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon"
              <brighttigress@...> wrote:

              > Oh horrors, is this Joey Homsey, perchance? Did he finally change
              his
              > name from Joey to Joe? This man is truly hateful and vicious, and
              > gets my vote for the eckist most likely to get a gun and go after
              > "detractors". He makes Grundie (Cher) seem like a meek little
              kitten.

              *** Yes this is Joe Homsey, Sharon. I see him as very hateful, too.
              He posted some real crap on huchat and got moderated. For me, there's
              a blackness coming out from his posts that is incredible.

              > I don't pay attention to hu-chat but I think I saw him mentioned
              here
              > at ESA in connection with hu=chat awhile back. Homsey was a true-
              blue
              > eckGestapo member and very active at a.r.e., and like the rest of
              > them, really came after me when I woke up and got out.

              *** Why doesn't that surprise me ... the eck gestapo ... I think he
              was Galuuk on a.r.e., wasn't he?

              In his case,
              > because he lived not far from me and openly posted about visits to
              my
              > town, when my home was "coincidentally" broken into in a way that
              the
              > perp thought would not be noticed, needless to say I didn't think it
              > was a "coincidence". The only thing touched was my computers.
              Homsey
              > had posted some paranoid rantings accusing me of trying to lead an
              > organized attack on the cult's "temple" or something. Anyway, I
              felt
              > a bit ridiculous about contacting the police and FBI, as well as the
              > phone company's obscene call center because I was getting a lot of
              > bothersome calls too - I was unlisted and did *not* get many
              > telemarketing calls. But, after seeing what was going on at a.r.e.
              > and hearing the whole story, rather than reassuring me about my
              safety
              > from this internet cultnut, the authorities agreed it was a
              > potentially dangerous situation. And considering what's been going
              on
              > in the world since 1998-99, I daresay his actions would be
              considered
              > even *more* dangerous today.

              *** I have read some of the posts on a.r.e. about you, especially
              from Doug Marman who is truly a weird person, too. Where's the eck
              love I'm asking myself? Well, Not - because I know it's Just Not
              There!

              > It's sort of ironic, he "disappeared" from a.r.e. but resurfaced in
              > another state some time later, and posted he'd almost been killed
              in a
              > horrible car accident. Coincidence? Or...did his threats just
              bounce
              > back? I have absolutely *no* sympathy for the man, and if he'd been
              > killed, I'd have felt relief.

              *** He posted that story in three parts on huchat. Well, I didn't
              read it really because somehow it just was too "made up" for me. And
              I felt that terrible blackness resurface from these posts as well.
              For me, this man is truly negative.

              > Well...hi everyone! I've had a momentary "relapse" today but now
              I'm
              > going back to my happily eckfree life away from all of this - it's
              > Spring, glorious Spring!!! I'm working on a totally awesome and
              > deer-proof container-garden on my deck. There's no window near my
              > computer so I don't spend much time here anymore.

              Enjoy your eckfree life, Sharon! :-) It's sooo good to be out of
              there - really! It will be 3 years soon, and I'm so happy because I'm
              really enjoying life now.

              Ingrid
            • ewickings
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2007
                Gosh Ingrid you just reminded me that it will be almost 4 years eckfree for me!  Sorry I have been MIA...  Flu going around in the house, softball season for Kim and of course planning and buying for the up and coming grand baby!  I am so excited...  Life really is good

                Hello to everyone, I will attempt to get back to bashing sometime in the near future! ;-)   Can't let those eckies get ahead of us now, can we?

                BTW  what a hoot those loser eckies over on Hu-chat!  Joe homeboy...  LOL  wouldn't it be ironic to have him as one of the mod squad at hu-chat!

                Okay, off to a softball game...  Have a good end of the week, and weekend!
                Hugs,
                Liz

                ------------------------------

                Message 7 of 9 , May 4, 2007
                  Here's an update on the nominations for new HuChat
                  moderators.

                  Prometheus posted this suggestion for Joe a couple days ago:
                  "Here's a suggestion for Joe... privately email a supporter who
                  is an Unmoderated HU-Chat site member (ECKist) and have
                  them post the acceptance on your behalf!"

                  Interestingly, Joe did just that--he sent a private email to the
                  site owner who then conveyed his acceptance of his nomination
                  in her post for all members to read. LOL!

                  Mish

                  p.s. Yes, I've read some of Joe/Joey's posts on A.R.E. But such
                  behavior and unbalance is not unusual with some eckists. I
                  mean just look at HK--he certainly is not stable! Doesn't seem
                  he ever has been--no wonder so many can easily relate to him! : )

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                    Hi, Sharon!

                    This is a terrible story and it goes to show how deranged some
                    eckists are . . . and potentially dangerous to others. I've heard a few
                    talk in seminar workshops and round table discussions. Some of
                    their crazy and angry stories really made me want to get away
                    from these indivduals post haste! Some are just not screwed
                    tightly enough.

                    The potential new moderator for HuChat is Joe Homsey. He has
                    been kept on moderated status on that site since the end of
                    October when he joined (or re-joined??). It appears that the present
                    moderators, Cheryl and Frank, have "their" reasons to not
                    unmoderate old Joe! : ) And, it might be, that they also have
                    attempted to keep him from accepting the nomination for
                    moderator--as Joe had to accept via a private email to another
                    eckist on HuChat. Really weird, all of it. But it does go to show
                    that the mahanta is not helping chelas with their problems and
                    that the eckankar teachings fail to uplift these troubled souls
                    into higher consciousness. Eckists are no different than the
                    general population, and their problems are no more resolved or
                    unresolved than the general population. Beyond perhaps calming
                    oneself, singing the hu does not do anything special for anyone!

                    Mish

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 5, 2007
                      Hi Mish, Sharon and All,
                      Yes, this story of old Joe's past negative actions does
                      point out some of the nut cases that join religions. There
                      are some people that are benefited by joining a religion in
                      order to be "inspired" enough to clean up their acts, and
                      sometimes become more loving, kinder, and tolerant.
                      Other people (ECKists too!) basically remain the same...
                      they are the same as before joining... for good or bad.
                      Others become more fearful, delusional, anti-social,
                      intolerant, narcissistic, etc., and show other increased
                      or noticable changes in personality or behaviour.

                      It's that "Holier Than Thou" attitude of the hard liners
                      and delusional fundamentalists from these religions that
                      will cause that religion to get its bad reputation. Especially,
                      when these types of unbalanced and unloving individuals
                      become religious leaders! In ECKANKAR these people think
                      that they have a special "inner" connection that gives them
                      the right to do "anything necessary" and to be the "swordsman"
                      of the Sugmad. A "figurative" slaying of the enemies of the
                      Mahanta/Sugmad is permitted and even expected! But, how
                      far away is a "literal" slaying of enemies by these "swordsmen"
                      in order to protect or help their Mahanta?

                      These ECKists are self-righteous, but aren't quite like the
                      bloody thirsty self-righteous Crusaders of old (yet). However,
                      some ECKists wouldn't be that far away from doing something
                      really crazy if Klemp just gave them the word. This gives me
                      concern because, What if Klemp lost his mind completely?
                      Would ECKists drink a poisonous cool aid in order to meet HK
                      (their Mahanta) on the Anami Lok? Really! What could happen?

                      Considering the level of delusion of some of these ECKists...
                      who knows what they might do if thinking they're getting a
                      special message "from the inner Mahanta" to end it all on the
                      Physical Plane (for their family too)! There have been ECKists
                      commit suicide and ECKANKAR covers this up because these
                      things aren't discussed and are considered gossip and, thereby,
                      forbidden as being negative. The truth is, How can such a thing
                      happen if these ECKists have the "protection" of the Mahanta
                      since he is "Always With" them. Obviously, the PR isn't accurate
                      or truthful and never has been! It's all religious B.S. just like it
                      is with most other religions. For some reason all of these elite
                      fundamentalists end up sticking their heads in the sand while
                      thinking they have the only inside knowledge of truth! Amazing!

                      Prometheus