Re: Infinite vs finite possibilities

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hi Mish,
      This article reminds me of those spiritual paths I
      explored prior to ECKANKAR. Even the quantum
      mechanics/world stuff and spiritual metaphysics
      and the hypnosis of past/future life regressions, etc.

      It's interesting to a degree, but also subjective.
      We certainly have difficulty experiencing the things
      beyond our senses that are still measurable by
      scientific methods. As humans our eyes and ears
      and minds have limited ranges. Therefore, it leads
      me to believe that almost everything is finite. There
      are not the infinite possibilities as some people would
      think... there just aren't methods to measure or to
      calculate them, or to even know what they are or know
      they even exist.

      It could be that eventually the mind's intellectual powers
      will be enhanced through science and, therfore, the other
      faculties of the mind will be enhanced as well. Until then
      people will seek the "Holy Grail" and attempt to become
      One with All That Is (or whatever) by contemplating, meditating,
      using "charged" words, dreaming, visualizing and doing
      everything they can to unlock the mysteries of eternal life
      as Soul while hoping for an even greater expansion of
      consciousness after this life.

      Those that don't have any success with these techniques
      will have to rely upon the promises of others to "help" them,
      and to be reassured by testimonials of true believers and pseudo-

      As I said before... it's subjective and individual. However, what
      worked for others like Jesus or Buddha didn't work as well for
      their deciples. Maybe it didn't work for them because they remained
      "followers." One must take charge of their own life and become
      a Master. This was the true message... that everyone should
      and can become their own true Master! When? One might ask.
      Is time even relevant? Everything, basically, has a life cycle and
      these cycles overlap with the cycles of other people and things
      during their cycles.

      It's all really just a continual consciousness of life that only has
      real meaning in our relationships with others. Therefore, our
      relationships with others which includes our attitudes (feelings),
      our thoughts, our actions and our reactions with one another and
      with Self is, as I see it, the real key to Our spiritual existance/

      mish wrote:
      > Hi, Kaye and All!
      > The friend who sent the religious memes article, also, forwarded
      > the article by Owen Waters on Infinite Possibilities that I have posted
      > below. Since Kaye mentioned an interest in exploring Quantum physics
      > I thought that some of you would find the article interesting. The
      > link to the book list will reveal a list of books many of us are already
      > familiar, with perhaps some new suggestions.
      > Here's the article:

      Infinite Possibilities
      by Owen Waters