This is the problem with buying Initiations, etc.

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 9:22 AM
      Hi All,
      Basically, when money becomes a factor with spiritual
      growth the effect will be a poorer "quality" of chela. With
      ECKANKAR there are, at least, two "quality" concerns to
      look at. The first is, What is the spiritual/religious quality
      of the H.I. that the org is producing? When Money (maintaining
      a current membership), Years Served for Indoctrination
      involving dogma and guidelines, and local Butt Kissing
      become key to promotion then one should expect 'foxes'
      and worse! The ECK religion and its promises become a sham.

      That leads to the next "quality" problem with the Initiations.
      In Dialogues With the Master (by PT/RT) ECKists were to be
      free of the LEM (REBAZAR) after receiving the 5th initiation.
      From there chelas were handed off to SAT NAM for completion
      of their inner journey. Therefore, the 5th initiation is all that
      is needed on the outer. Remaining in the religion of ECKANKAR,
      now, becomes more of a Social or Support need.

      And, since RT still has a physical body, after 500 years, why
      isn't he still the LEM? He's still the "torchbearer" of ECKANKAR
      according to Klemp. Or, did Twitchell boot LEM Rebazar like
      Klemp booted LEM/Mahanta Darwin Gross? Nah, Darwin was
      a real person, although, all of them are/were fake masters...
      just like their fake initiations! The mind believes what it wants
      to believe!

      Prometheus

      mish wrote:

      > Zoey,
      >
      > I don't recall this saying from any previous posts, but it is an
      > excellent analysis of what many spiritual seekers are actually
      > up to. It fits in with the reward meme, and it definitely is
      > evidenced by the carrot chasing eckists, going for more and
      > more initiations with the ultimate goal of becoming an H.I.--
      > that is the true reward they seek and the initiations are their
      > spiritual materialism for sure--an expanding ego consciousness!
      >
      > Thanks--this is a keeper!
      >
      > Mish

      zoey wrote:

      i'm pretty sure this passage has been posted here previously. even so,
      i'm posting it again because it is just so darn appropriate. it
      describes ever eckist i ever knew:

      "We can deceive ourselves into thinking we are developing
      spirituality, when instead we are strengthening our egocentricity
      through spiritual techniques. This fundamental distortion may be
      referred to as spiritual materialism."
      chogyam trungpa